lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #321
fereer
Rookie

g2g (not that anyone cares)
fereer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #322
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Read the large-print instructions in the second post of this thread.

And stop spamming, please. It's against the forum rules and it will get you banned.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #323
fereer
Rookie

sorry!
fereer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #324
The_Hawk
Lurker

So, I'm trying to install KOTOR on my friend's computer with Vista, and he's having a weird problem. The menu is fine, the create-a-character is fine, but as soon as it starts loading up his new game, it either freezes mid-load or it completely skips the opening dream sequence and the box where you get all of your beginning items just isn't there. Then the game is VERY laggy, including the sound and the menus and eventually freezes up.
The_Hawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #325
Q
The one who knocks

Did you install the game following the large-print instructions in the second post? If not, then you'll have to uninstall and do so.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #326
The_Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Did you install the game following the large-print instructions in the second post? If not, then you'll have to uninstall and do so.
Yes. I installed it just as described.
Well, I didn't check to see if the .ini was changed. Could that cause the problem?

Last edited by The_Hawk; 02-16-2010 at 12:04 PM.
The_Hawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #327
Q
The one who knocks

If the changes didn't take effect it most definitely could.

-Toker
Old 02-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #328
rhinohoops8
Rookie

Angry

This is so frustrating!

Ok, I'm back on trying to get this game to work.
Tonight, I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled it to get a clean slate. I did everything according to post 1 for installing, and my only problem keeps occurring. I said this in my last post, but whenever I try to replace the new swkotor2 file (which I didn't rename) into my main folder, it says "Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Would you like to place it on your desktop?"
That is my main problem that I cannot solve. And is there a way to get the main folder back to normal, because I think it has all my old messup crap still on it?
Please help.
rhinohoops8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2010, 02:47 AM   #329
TheEcho
Lurker

Hey guys, I was having a lot of problems, but have been working on it over the past two days, and have mostly gotten it working. Unless I run into something major in the near future, I'm pretty much satisfied now, but I figure I'll post in case anyone else has been running into the same issues.

I had the same issue many have had, where when I tried to start the game, nothing at all would happen, besides it seeming to try to load for a few seconds. Nothing here fixed that, but I later discovered it was a problem with ATI drivers, and fixed this by extracting atioglxx.dll from the 9.12 catalyst drivers, and placing this in the install directory. Then, it started crashing after the lucasarts screen. No error or anything, just it would minimize itself, and I'd be unable to bring it back up. Though, for some reason, when I did this in 1600 x 1200 resolution, it seemed to play the music, but wouldn't respond, and I couldn't tab out of it. I managed to get around this by tabbing out as soon as the lucasarts screen comes up, and then tabbing back to it. Then it gets through to the title screen just fine. I often have to alt-tab out of the title screen and back too, because it rarely wants to accept my clicks until I do for some reason. This worked for me at both 1024 x 768 and 1920 x 1200 resolutions, and I am using 1920 x 1200 now.

The only real issue I have anymore is that when movies play, it just shows a black screen, and the movie doesn't show. (Sound will play, however, and it can be skipped by clicking.) I've managed to get around this though, by, once again, alt-tabbing out of KOTOR, and then right back in, as soon as the movie starts. It will then play normally. (As far as I can tell I have to do this every time a movie starts, though I have only tested that through the movie player on the main menu. The intro movie when starting a new game seems to confirm this, though.) All of this is for KOTOR 1, by the way. Retail version, not the Steam one. Haven't gotten to trying it on 2 yet.

So yeah, I can easily deal with just tabbing once whenever a movie comes up. If someone does know a way around that, it might be nice, but really my main reason for posting this here is just in case someone else was having similar issues.
TheEcho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #330
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinohoops8 View Post
This is so frustrating!

Ok, I'm back on trying to get this game to work.
Tonight, I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled it to get a clean slate. I did everything according to post 1 for installing, and my only problem keeps occurring. I said this in my last post, but whenever I try to replace the new swkotor2 file (which I didn't rename) into my main folder, it says "Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Would you like to place it on your desktop?"
That is my main problem that I cannot solve. And is there a way to get the main folder back to normal, because I think it has all my old messup crap still on it?
Please help.
1) Rename or remove the old swkotor2 file. Stop trying to overwrite it.
2) Move the new one into the game folder.

Have you looked at the second post in this thread? The most complete and up-to-date installation instructions are in the large print.

-Toker
Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 AM   #331
rhinohoops8
Rookie

I tried removing the old one and tried putting a new one in. It STILL said it cannot create a shortcut and all that crap. Would i be able to delete the main folder and then uninstall and reinstall the game. Would that create a new main folder?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #332
menadin039
Lurker

Can't get Kotor2 to work with Windows7 and 5700 Ati card

I have tried everything on this post, i hope someone can look over the info and let me know if i missed something.

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=3/6/2010 1:29:41 AM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=Win9x
Version=Windows 9X v6.0 build 6000
Service Pack=None
Status=Fail

[SwapFiles]
?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=3166
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=7
CPUStepping=10
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=113.77GB
E: (NTFS), UNICODE=219.92GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\
Drives=

[Video]
Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD
Video Memory=4096
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=3.2.9551 Compatibility Profile Context
OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer=ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
ATI Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
Vid Card Driver Status=Fail
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=1280
Height=1024
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
RefreshRate=60
Width=1600
Height=1200
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

I created short cut as mentioned..
I downloaded and installed Direct X9c
I downloaded the scow exe
I replaced the Dll file
Everything is running as Administrator and Windows XP R2

I did have a problem trying to install the game as Comp Windows XP R2. It would not installed so i put it as normal and still ran the install as administrator. I really hit a wall on this, spent 4hours trying everything. Hope somone can help.
menadin039 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #333
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
I tried removing the old one and tried putting a new one in. It STILL said it cannot create a shortcut and all that crap.
Are you using an administrator account while installing the game? If not, then you should log into an administrator account, then uninstall and reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions in the second post of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinohoops8
Would i be able to delete the main folder and then uninstall and reinstall the game. Would that create a new main folder?
DON'T DO THAT. If you delete the main folder, how will you be able to uninstall the game? Answer: you won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by menadin039 View Post
I did have a problem trying to install the game as Comp Windows XP R2. It would not installed so i put it as normal and still ran the install as administrator.
Well, since the game is recognizing your OS as Win9x, that's where you screwed up. Are you doing this on an administrator's account? If not, then you should. Anyway, you're going to have to reinstall the game. Follow the large-print instructions in the second post of this tread while doing so.

-Toker

Last edited by Q; 03-06-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #334
jenniesue30
Lurker

Sound

I am using vista and was able to get the game running only when the sound is off. If I have it on it tells me that the program stopped working. Any suggestions??

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=3/6/2010 7:46:18 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424
GameInstallLocation=E:\Knights of the Old Republic\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Service Pack=Service Pack 2
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=4
CPUSpeed=2210
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=2
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=AMD
CPUName=AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2210MHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=170.01GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=1.02GB
E: (NTFS), UNICODE=163.94GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=F:\
Drives=

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
OpenGL Version=3.2.0
OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8500 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@oem33.inf,%vixs.devicedesc59%;ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=67
Voiceover Volume=75
Sound Effects Volume=68
Movie Volume=73
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
2D3D Bias=0.50
EAX=0
Sound Init=1
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1280
Height=960
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0
Emitters=1

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0
jenniesue30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #335
rhinohoops8
Rookie

Alright. What if I uninstall and then delete the main folder, then reinstall. And I've already installed according to post 2 twice.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 AM   #336
Vacak123
Lurker

Hi there,

I have some interesting problem:
I'v been playing w/ kotor 1 for some time, when i decided to reinstall os(win7).
I copy-pasted the game to the new os, but it refused to run (Stopped working...)
OK. I said, no big deal I guess, reinstall it and it'll work fine.

...but... no.

I've run through ALL of the fixes, every single point but I can't get it work. When I try to run it, kotor 1 simply doesn't start at all, I just get an error in win7 "SWKOTOR has just stopped working. Blablabla".

I dunno if i switched off some important service or smth for it to run, but after re-rolling everything i just switched off it still refuses to run. (don't bother writing down "Did u copied the dll?" and such solutions, as I said it was working before reinstall)

If anyone experienced the same problem and succeed, don't hold back to write down the solution. Thanks.
Vacak123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #337
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniesue30 View Post
I am using vista and was able to get the game running only when the sound is off. If I have it on it tells me that the program stopped working. Any suggestions??
Yes. Uninstall and then reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions in Post #2. I can tell from your diagnostic report that you haven't done that, which is why it isn't working.
Quote:
Alright. What if I uninstall and then delete the main folder, then reinstall. And I've already installed according to post 2 twice.
After several months of this I've come to the conclusion that it's hopeless. Please do us both a favor and buy the XBox version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacak123 View Post
(don't bother writing down "Did u copied the dll?" and such solutions, as I said it was working before reinstall)
Well, obviously, you did something different this time around. Something wrong. Something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacak123 View Post
I copy-pasted the game to the new os, but it refused to run (Stopped working...)
You did what? Did you honestly expect that to work? Try uninstalling it completely, search for and delete any leftover folders/files, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner and start over.

-Toker
Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #338
jenniesue30
Lurker

still not able to play

I went back through and deleted and reinstalled the game according to the instructions in post 1 and 2. I am not that computer savy so I do not know where I have gone wrong. Before i was able to play without sound, now I don't have a clue what I have done and can't play at all. When i do the hardware check it keeps saying my drivers for my vid card need to be updated. I have done this two times now.

EDIT!! I think what i did wrong was the dll file exchange. I think i did that part wrong.

6. Once it is installed, you'll need to fix the mss32.dll file > this is done by simply replacing it with the fixed one from the above link

7. Once that file is downloaded, place it in your KotOR II's root file directory, eg: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2. (or wherever you have installed it)

When it says, "Move and replace", select that option. This successfully fixes the "KotOR II has stopped working" bug.

I am not sure how to replace this. Rhe file in the folder is mss32.dll the file i downloaded is kotor_2_vista_fix. Am i to rename the kotor file or does it auto replace the dll file already in the folder, because I didn't get an option to copy and replace per instructions I copied above.

If you can give me an idea what I did wrong i would appreciate it.

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=3/7/2010 3:28:19 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=4
CPUSpeed=2210
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=2
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=AMD
CPUName=AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2210MHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=171.30GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=947MB
E: (NTFS), UNICODE=163.06GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=F:\
Drives=

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
OpenGL Version=3.2.0
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8500 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@oem33.inf,%vixs.devicedesc59%;ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=1
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=1
Brightness=57
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

Last edited by jenniesue30; 03-07-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 03-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #339
rhinohoops8
Rookie

NO!!!! Don't call me hopeless! I just need a clean slate to work with!!! Please don't give up on me!! How can I get a clean slate???
Old 03-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #340
jenniesue30
Lurker

i FIXED IT

it took some digging around but i figured out my problem. Thank you so much for having this post up. And for your help
Old 03-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #341
Vacak123
Lurker

Quote:
You did what? Did you honestly expect that to work? Try uninstalling it completely, search for and delete any leftover folders/files, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner and start over.
Read what I said. I tried it, yeah, but after I saw it wasn't working, I reinstalled it several times, and even more times now, bcuz I tried to remove it with some special uninstaller (like ccleaner, revouninstaller, etc. ).
Still no luck.
I still get the "... has stopped working" as I try to launch it.
Vacak123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #342
Achmat
Lurker

Hey, I was hoping someone could help me.
I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) and have been playing KOTOR on and off for the past 8 months or so.
However, today, when I went to boot it up. the screen went to the Lucas arts image but then right back to my desktop. I had to open up task manager to close it.
this problem kept persisting, I tried reinstalling it, used the swkotor.exe patch (from main post), did compatibility mode windows XP, but nothing.
its not my hardware as all of it is up to date and exceeds what is required.
I am not sure if its windows 7?
Achmat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #343
DarthSlinky
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft II
Have you applied the bink32w.dll fix?

http://www.filefront.com/9398284/TSL-Windows-Vista-Fix/

Thats the usual problem.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #344
chrismokvack
Lurker

I have the exact same problem as Achmat. I used to be able to run the game on Windows 7, but now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. It starts up but tabs down immediately after the intro videoes, just like Achmat described.

I have followed the steps in the instructions in post #2 twice, but the error persists.

Now before I try yet another time, I'd like to know if the mss32.dll fix is really supposed to be applied for kotor1 too, or if its only for TSL?
chrismokvack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #345
a2omega
Lurker

almost unplayable slow

hey first off let me say this a great thread very help full.
i am having an odd problem that i think i saw 1 other user ask about
but i haven't found a fix.
I got KotOR 1 from direct2drive and after finding this thread reinstalled
as per post 1 skipping the steps that did not apply to the D2D version
patching and SecuROM it also seems to have come with the Dantooine lag fix.

so here's my issue when i start the game it goes to a black screen and hangs
there for about 2to3 minutes then i get the lucas arts, bioware logos and the title screen, then another 2to3 minute wait then the main menu this happeneds every transition also if i go to the graphics menu and try to adjust anything
there's a similar wait i noticed it when i went to adjust the anti aliasing every
time i change it up or down there's a 2-3 minute wait before it responds.
when i get to the game it feels a lot like a really laggy mmo very jumpy and choppy if that makes sense i'm not sure if this is due to frame rate is there
a good way to check?
i have tried forcing core affinity, didn't seem to help
haven't tried the steps listed in post 31 but i'm not having crashing issues.

my system
windows 7 ultimate(64)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
2.00 GB RAM
----------------------------------------------------------
[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=30/04/2010 11:21:17 AM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=2
CPUSpeed=3100
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=11
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=AMD
CPUName=AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=356.89GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=8.22GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\
Drives=HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30 ATA Device

[Video]
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=3.2.0
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce GTS 250/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@wdma_usb.inf,%usb\class_01.devicedesc%;USB Audio Device
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor.ini

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=100
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Disable Sound=0
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
Environment Effects Level=0.60
2D3D Bias=1.50
Environment Effects=1
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]
GUIsInScreenShot=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Difficulty Level=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie 0=16
Movie 1=0
Movie 2=0
Movie 3=0
Movie 4=0
Movie 5=0
Movie 6=0
Movie 7=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 9=0
Movie10=0

[Alias]
HD0=.\
OVERRIDE=.\Override
TEMP=.\Temp
MODULES=.\Modules
LOGS=.\Logs
LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault
DMVAULT=.\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic
TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient
SAVES=.\saves
CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=1
RefreshRate=60
Height=768
Width=1024
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Anti Aliasing=4
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1

[Autopause Options]
Mine Sighted=1
End Of Combat Round=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action265=52
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=62
Action213=60
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67
a2omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #346
chrismokvack
Lurker

Ah thanks a2omega, you solved my problem! ^_<

I tried the fix in post #31 and now the game runs smooth as ever. It appears the game can't be run in full screen, that's all.

Kinda annoying with no fullscreen, but hey... better than nothing!

Edit:

It even plays in full screen! Just change the resolution while you're ingame and it'll go back to full screen. (You can change to a smaller resolution and then change back.) The next time you start the game it will still start in window mode, so need to fiddle with any config settings everytime you want to play.

This info should be added to the main post so new users who come here don't have to read through more than 300 posts to find the solution!

Last edited by chrismokvack; 05-01-2010 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Added some new info
chrismokvack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #347
a2omega
Lurker

glad that helped you i will try those fixes from post 31 tomorrow and see if they do anything for my frame rate issues
Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #348
Jrbeekman
Lurker

Hey i am trying to download this fix but when the site wont let me. I press the download button and it just bring me to a blank page. Is there anywhere else that i can download it?
Jrbeekman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #349
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrbeekman View Post
Hey i am trying to download this fix but when the site wont let me. I press the download button and it just bring me to a blank page. Is there anywhere else that i can download it?
Are you referring to the mss32 fix from file front? Ive tried it mere seconds ago with no issues. Give it another go

Its a very small file so make sure you check your usual download location to make sure you don't already have it

...And thank you to all that have been contributing to this thread, especially Evil Q, whose dedication to fellow SW gamers has extended far beyond the concern displayed by Obsidian or BioWare when it comes to these games.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #350
Jrbeekman
Lurker

yeah i tried it late last night and the download work. i just didnt have time to post. thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #351
Jrbeekman
Lurker

Is there anyone who can tell me that this fix works for Kotor 1 on windows 7 64 bit? I used it one the second one and it works fine so far. But i can not get the first game to work. I get about 5-10 min into the game. (right around the Thermal detornator tutorial) and it just crashes. I followed the instructions and it always happens! So if you have gotten it to work on 64 bit windows 7 help me out!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #352
a2omega
Lurker

@Jrbeekman i have KOTOR 1 running on windows 7 64 bit ultimate i didn't do anything except install it in compatibility mode for win xp SP2.

It would help us solve your problem if you told us a little about your system and where you got the game for instance off a retail disk, steam or d2d.
It would help even more if you could post a report from the STKotOR configuration utility.

a few things to try uninstall the game use a registry cleaner like ccleaner then reinstall as per post 1 and 2 if you have an nvidia card you could also try the fixes in post 31.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #353
coolstuff
Lurker

Hey guys, i really need some help.

I wanted to play KotOR 1, but after i install it, this happens:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2n8q5hf.jpg

As you see, the people flying, their heads are at their butts, but everything else is fine. It's really cool, but I liked the way it was. Can anyone help me what to do? I tried everything from the first page, but nothing works. Some info:

Win 7 x86, ATI Xpress 1100, directx 9.0c.

Please make my world a better world.
coolstuff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #354
DarthSlinky
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft II
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstuff View Post
Hey guys, i really need some help.

I wanted to play KotOR 1, but after i install it, this happens:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2n8q5hf.jpg

As you see, the people flying, their heads are at their butts, but everything else is fine. It's really cool, but I liked the way it was. Can anyone help me what to do? I tried everything from the first page, but nothing works. Some info:

Win 7 x86, ATI Xpress 1100, directx 9.0c.

Please make my world a better world.
That's really weird, have you tried reinstalling?

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 AM   #355
coolstuff
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSlinky View Post
That's really weird, have you tried reinstalling?
Yap, i've tried reinstall, patching, driver update, but nothing seems to work...
coolstuff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #356
medvike
Lurker

HI!

I got a loading problem in SWKOTOR2.So while i playing and i save the game then quit from the program and want to play again i loading my saved game and at the quarter it's stoped and never continue.Oh and i got Windows 7 Home Edition.So what can i do?
PLS reply fast ty
medvike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #357
asgallant
Lurker

Ok, I'm stumped. I've tried following the instructions in the first two posts of this thread, and I still can't play KOTOR II. I get as far as the main menu, but the graphics are glitchy, and the game freezes shortly thereafter.

In answer to the questions that are coming, yes I installed, patched, and ran in compatibility mode with admin privileges. Yes, I have an original CD and I am using the exe from Securom. I did sound and lag fixes, and set the core affinity as well. If it was in the instructions here, I did it (several times, installing and uninstalling - cleaning with CCleaner - in fact). The game still doesn't work.

I even went so far as to set up a dual-boot with XP and install there, which has the same graphics problem, only it freezes my whole system instead of just KOTOR II.

Here is the output from the swconfig report:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=5/29/2010 9:16:07 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.10.427
GameInstallLocation=C:\Users\Public\Games\KOTOR 2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Service Pack=None
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=2
CPUSpeed=2211
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=11
CPUStepping=1
CPUVendor=AMD
CPUName=AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=3328
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=10.20GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=25.07GB
F: (NTFS), UNICODE=8.42GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\,G:\
Drives=_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A ATA Device

[Video]
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
OpenGL Version=3.2.0
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@oem25.inf,%alcaud.desc%;Realtek AC'97 Audio
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=1600
Height=1200
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
Width=1600
Height=1200

<snip Game Options, Keymapping, config, nothing relevant there>

The hardware scan threw a fit about my graphics drivers, which are the latest non-beta release drivers from nvidia (197.45). Any ideas?

Running:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Athlon 64 X2 4200
4 GB ram (capped at 3.25 due to old MB limitations)
GeForce 8800GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Last edited by asgallant; 05-29-2010 at 09:35 PM.
asgallant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #358
Q
The one who knocks

The game is failing to acknowledge your video drivers. Did you install the DirectX update?

Also, what's your desktop resolution? I can't remember if the game really supports 1600x1200 or not. Does your monitor support it, and are your drivers set to support it?

-Toker
Old 05-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #359
asgallant
Lurker

Quote:
The game is failing to acknowledge your video drivers. Did you install the DirectX update?

Also, what's your desktop resolution? I can't remember if the game really supports 1600x1200 or not. Does your monitor support it, and are your drivers set to support it?
Yes, I installed the directx update. My Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, so the monitor supports 1600x1200 (and 1600x1200 is one of the options in swconfig); the resolution is irrelevant, though, as the game freezes when I try any of the other supported resolutions.

After further digging, I found many claims that KOTOR II has trouble with DX10 cards, though nothing I found indicated a solution.
asgallant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #360
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asgallant View Post
Yes, I installed the directx update. My Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, so the monitor supports 1600x1200 (and 1600x1200 is one of the options in swconfig); the resolution is irrelevant, though, as the game freezes when I try any of the other supported resolutions.
Running the game now on an nVidia 210 512mb on my XP rig... pretty sure it is a DX10 card, but I could be wrong...

I have found that although my monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, which gives me a couple options of higher res than what *works best*, 1280x960 is what gives me the least hiccups. Actually... no hiccups
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report