lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?
Peragus 23 45.10%
Malachor V 8 15.69%
Nar Shadaa 4 7.84%
Gotos Yaght 4 7.84%
Other 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Whats your least favorite level of K2?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
thundrfang1
Rookie

Whats your least favorite level of K2?

I personally really hate Peragus, but some of my friends say Malachor. I want to hear from you though.
thundrfang1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Malachor 5. The music on that level just really makes me angry for some reason, and i hate the landscape
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
thundrfang1
Rookie

I said Peragus because its boring and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOONG!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.
I agree. Peragus sucked, and Nar Shadda could have been a lot better than it was, even though it is supposed to be hopeless.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #6
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I like NS...I think it had potential to be much better than it was. Damn you cut content! I actually liked its decayed hopeless feel, but maybe thats just the emo in me.

Malachor was absolutely my least favorite. The landscape was boring and by the time I get there I'm uber powerful and enemies just fall like rag dolls. The only cool thing was the area where you fight Kreia.

Peragus may be a bit boring but I liked the story. It just needed a lightsaber I think.

@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level.

Telos. The land parts are murder!!!!!!! I'm not strong enough to kill all the mercs, even with my best weapons and armor on and two companions. I'm constantly running back and forth and healing people, or just standing there clicking medpacks to the right people. :/

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level.
Me too. I always play with the skip Peragus mod. I know what you mean about Telos...those merc, especially the ones right outside the base are a pain.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #9
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Nar Shaddaa

It glitches my game and makes me unable to finish the game more often then not. And no, earlier saves don't work either, I have to start all over again.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
While I agree that Taris was much more awe-inspiring graphically and artistically and was, overall, a much better "planet", I actually kind of like Peragus. I can't really judge its artistic direction and textures since I find practically every environment in K2 to be of the hopeless, bland feel. So, that aside, I was actually really drawn into the mysteriousness and solitude of Peragus.

My least favorite would be Malachor, hands down. I mean really, need I explain? This may change whenever the restoration project is completed.

"Pick up that can."
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll. ~HOP
i tried but it wouldnt let me for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :/
your lucky you have the PC version

also i just got an XBox360 so i have to do my whole file all over again

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-28-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #12
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
Peragus may be a bit boring but I liked the story. It just needed a lightsaber I think.
And humans/aliens/something other than droids. That is probably the biggest problem with Peragus. There is practically nothing but droids.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.

Yeah, but the worst place on K2 isn't there. It's actually fairly difficult to select one, but I always believed that Telos reigned on that matter. Is there even a reason to return there? If it wasn't vital to the main plot, I wouldn't even set my foot on some of the Station's modules. you've got absolutely nothing interesting to do there that's not related to Czerka or the Ithorians.

The surface is not as bad the Citadel, but that's because you don't get to go there more than once.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #14
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that.
QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.
Agreed the lack of party member involvement is what really kills Malachor V for me.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar View Post
Agreed the lack of party member involvement is what really kills Malachor V for me.
Malachor V is an annoying level for me too, it's just kill everything to Kreia.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
I'd say it is all the levels before and including the land part of Telos. It is just boring and repetitive. What you do doesn't matter in the rest of the game. Even getting to Telos, if you join the Czerka and go to the surface through them, thier turret still shoots them down.Even Peragus is just, "Hey, you're here, go kill some robots, and then we leave." These levels are just so boring, I've stopped playing the game.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #18
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
I didn't like Peragus, the station part of Telos, Malachor's surface, and GOTO's yacht.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #19
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
^ Oh, definetly. Despite not being as bad as Telos, Goto's Yacht is also repulsive.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #20
luckyariot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
I didn't like Peragus, the station part of Telos, Malachor's surface, and GOTO's yacht.

I hated GOTO's yacht. It took me forever to figure out which combination of characters to use. The same thing happened to me on Nar Shadaa when you have to face that stupid Black Sun Gang.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
Quote:
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.
That's probably true. I've only played through K2 twice, both playthroughs having about a year of time between them. Because of that, the mysteriousness was still mostly there. Whenever I play K2 again, Peragus will probably still be nice, because I haven't played K2 in well over two years now.

"Pick up that can."
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #22
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
QFT

This is very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot
Black Sun Gang
Twin Suns

I agree; GOTOs Yacht was pretty dumb.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #23
Fredi
El Guapo

Peragus all the way!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #24
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Peragus was the most disappointing part of the game for me. It was just so dull compared to the many diverse areas that Kotor 1 had. It gave me a very bad first impression of the game. Only later did I warm up to it once the plot started to get complicated

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #25
thundrfang1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakataDark View Post
Peragus was the most disappointing part of the game for me. It was just so dull compared to the many diverse areas that Kotor 1 had.
'Nough said.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #26
GarfieldJL
Banned

I didn't mind Peragus at all, they could of spruced it up a bit, added a bit more death and all that, but it wasn't that bad of a level, the fact that it seemed so deserted made it rather spooky. It would have been cooler if the lighting was going in and out or something.

Malachor V, was actually the worst level in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #27
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
I would instinctively call Peragus the most boring, repetitive and formulaic of the levels in TSL. For what is, essentially, a tutorial, it was far too long. At least the Endar Spire and Taris had some activity to them. And the Endar Spire was finished in a few minutes.

There is quite a bit to do on Peragus when you think of it, examining all of the logs and trying to piece the Exile's immediate history together, but I really got the sense that there was no point...it didn't really matter to the story in the long run.

Telos wasn't really much better, imo. More to do, but just adds to the over-long introduction to the game. Really, the TSL introduction consisted of the opening segment on the Ebon Hawk, then Peragus, the Harbinger, back to Peragus, the Ebon Hawk, again, Citadel Station AND Telos' surface. Oh, and the Hidden Academy. I always had a save just after the Ice Academy bit which I modified at will for 'new' playthroughs!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
GarfieldJL
Banned

I think there was more to Peragus than being a tutorial, and they really didn't make the lighting match what they were trying to convey.

Peragus was supposed to be almost like a mystery right off, or something that seemed spooky. The lighting and stuff didn't match the mood, or the music didn't match. We also didn't see any living minors maybe one laying there near death and then after you heal them some droids show up and kill the miner.

Overall though, peragus was a decent level, the lack of people was kind of the point, they just didn't do a few minor things that could have added to the mood that they were trying to convey.

Telos might have been more interesting too if Obsidian hadn't been force to cut as much as they had.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #29
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I'm fascinated by the amount of " but what if" whenever people talk about K2. The reality is differente.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #30
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
I'm fascinated by the amount of " but what if" whenever people talk about K2. The reality is differente.
The interesting side note is that apparently some of the modules that were cut are still in the game.

Furthermore, I'm speaking as someone with some knowledge of Computer Graphics, lighting plays a big part in setting a scene.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #31
luckyariot
Rookie

In terms of Peragus, I rather liked it, though there were parts that dragged. The Harbinger was the best in conveying the spooky atmosphere, and I agree that the facility should have been creepier in terms of lighting, etc.

Telos... god, I was disappointed there, mostly because there just wasn't enough to do. And the military base was pretty much a huge waste of time backtracking. The only thing in there that was interesting is the random HK-50 you find, but it never leads to anything in the current release.

I think the gameplay on Nar Shaddaa is good, although some of Team Gizka's mod might make it better, but the opening made it look so much more bright and like the lower levels of Coruscant.

And, although a lot of people complain about the hopeless atmosphere, consider the times. The Republic is falling apart, people are miserable, the Jedi are gone, and everyone is just sick of everybody else. Also, the game is from (for the most part) the Jedi Exile's point of view, who always came across as pretty jaded to me. But maybe that's just my interpretation.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #32
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
I wish to change my vote. I clicked Peragus before re-reading the question. Malachor is my least favorite. Peragus is my favorite part of the game.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #33
mattig89ch

I hated peragus. It's just so boring. The Telos military base is second.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #34
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one.

Now, I only ever play as far as the Ravager.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #35
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I actually found the beginning level of Peragus to be the most interesting it combined that eerie feeling of Silent Hill/Resident Evil with a sci-fi element. I guess I am in agreement with the majority here in saying that Malachor was and still is my least favorite, although replaying the whole Nar Shaddaa/Droid Yacht got to be pretty tedious after a while...

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #36
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one.

Now, I only ever play as far as the Ravager.
I just give myself several million components and make a few hundred top-grade plasma grenades. You have to keep backing up, but that way the remote can kill the Storm beasts and I don't have to spend eighteen hours searching for 'em with the Exile.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #37
jrrtoken

Telos. Peragus was actually interesting, but the whole game slowed down once being released form custody. Citadel Station's quests told you to travel everywhere to complete too many quests.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #38
Revan 411
Forumite

I dunno if I have a least favorite level of K2. I enjoyed every single planet in TSL. Even Malachor V. There all unique in there own aspects.

Malachor V has the epic duel between The Exile and Kreia.

Peragus had the introduction of Sion, and the sith. And is one of the most awesome intros ever.

Telos, has the confrontation with Atris.

Nar Shaddaa, well I understand why a lot of people dislike it, I actually loved it. It had a great tone, theme, plot, and it gave us more back story of Atton's past. I'm sure once TSLRP is out, everybody will love Nar Shaddaa...

This is my opinion however. Your welcome to disagree.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #39
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
The only part would be the occasions on Narr Shaada when you get knocked out. Even knowing what is happening after wards, it still bugs me watching my pc get knocked out. Almost feels as bad as in TFU when you die in the LS ending. At least it isn't permanent.

Malachor doesn't bother me to much, but i think they should have done more with the surface and depths aside from the Storm Beasts, the Engine Core Activation, and the Mira/Hanharr fight. And i think you should have had a mini-boss fight with a Sith just before you enter the Academy, and they let you enter after, rather then just being welcomed in.

Peragus i think, is designed pretty good, but you notice that there are several places that a plothole is found, mainly in the fact that several places present you with a roadblock, which you need a workaround for, when there is a clear one right in front of you. (Can't pass the force fields to the hangar? What about climbing over them?)

Telos isn't a bad level, aside from the one steak in the heart fact, that you obtained a method of travel, and now you don't have it because it was stolen. The planet itself doesn't pose a problem for me, but the base does bother me, since, like said, its a big run-around part.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #40
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
(Can't pass the force fields to the hangar? What about climbing over them?)
Someone besides me noticed that little fact?!?!?!?!

Short stories:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Whats your least favorite level of K2?