lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Install error in LEGO Star Wars II
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
silentpoet
Lurker

Install error in LEGO Star Wars II

When attempting to reinstall the Lego Star Wars II game from the disk, I receive the following error message:
"Error number 0x80040702
Failed to load DLL: LSW2_GameExplorerHelper"

I have downloaded the recommended patch for this from the Lucas Arts Tech page. Attempted reinstallation however, produced no change in results. Installation shuts down and I still receive the same error message.

Please, can someone assist in solving this issue? What is the answer to this? Very frustrating. It also appears that I am not the first to encounter this problem.

Thanks.
silentpoet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
bubbles20619
Lurker

Install Error Number:0x80040702 Fix

This error indicates that the software can't find the LSW2_GameExplorerHelper.dll.

Find the file in the LSW2_G~1 cabinet on the game CD.

Copy it to your C:/windows/system and
C:/windows/system32 file folders

I wasn't sure which was the correct folder so I copied the file to both folders.

After I copied the file to those two file folders I started the setup again and did not get the error.
bubbles20619 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > LEGO Star Wars Series > General > Technical Support > Install error in LEGO Star Wars II