lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Games played recently
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Games played recently

What games have you played recently? PC, console, or Mac (Shudder)?

When I haven't been busy I've had some time to mess around with Civilization 4 and thats pretty much it.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 02:06 AM   #2
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
The newest game I bought and finished was Another Code/Trace Memory for Nintendo DS. Right now I'm playing Pokémon Ruby and trying to train my team a little.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 AM   #3
Shuz

Last game I played was Star Wars: Empire at War, the new Star Wars RTS. compared to other RTSs it's alright but it's main appeal is simply watching little xwings and star destroyers duke it out in space.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
The last few games I played were Counter-Strike: Source (surf maps), RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and the great free game TrackMania Nations. Grim Fandango would also be on the list, but I lost the CD :'(

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
The last game I played through was "Killer 7", by Capcom. Without a doubt, one of the best (if not the) games I've played, and certainly the most thought provoking.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Recently I have been playing Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth and Star Wars: Empire at War. Both are awesome.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
SteveBB
Rookie

Last games I played:
Soldier of fortune 2, psychonauts, call of duty 2, F.E.A.R., trackmania nations
SteveBB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Ramsey721
Rookie

Im trying to get my hands on Grim Fandango (*drools*). I reallllllly hope it'll work on my computer. I recently played the bit of the demo that worked for me. I may be trying some other old PC game demos from Gamespot.
Ramsey721 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #9
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
You can usally find GF in the cheap games at Bestbuy
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #10
Ramsey721
Rookie

Hmm... Well I live in Newfoundland, Canada (which Im guessing none of you have ever heard of), and we dont have any BestBuys. Do you know any other stores that may have it?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I know where Newfoundland is but I'm not familiar with Canadian Stores having never been over the border(Which is rather sad being that it's only about am hour away).
Old 03-28-2006, 07:06 AM   #12
Shuz

OT but cool avatar SnM221. I should watch that again.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Thanks, I felt I needed a change so I started up Photoshop and threw that together, I was happy withit except I went too square and cut Inspector Renault out of the picture, maybe later I'll try 30x60
Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
Chris]#
Rookie

Caesar III, Age of Mythology, Heretic, Heretic 2, and Hexen are what I've been playing over the last week.

Saving GF for the easter holiday
Chris]# is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
cocytan
Rookie

Currently playing Beyond Good & Evil... Excellent, excellent game. Engaging story, intuitive gameplay, fun/smart characters that you really end up caring about... It's one of my goals to end up working in some sort of entertainment industry (currently studying games design at university), so if I ever end up making games I want them to be as good as this.

To play, that I own: Myst IV, V, Uru, FEAR, Half-Life 2 (if I can get it to work), the new Prince of Persia, probably a bunch of others...

Technically I get to call it "market research". :P

Sphincternet.
http://01.hostrocket.com/

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."
cocytan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #16
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
This Thursday I bought a copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for Nintendo DS. It's brilliant! I haven't had this much fun playing a game in ages. The characters are outrageously hilarious, the murder cases are intriguing and it's so captivating to play an attorney and tear the witnesses' testimonies apart.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 04-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #17
Scorpicus
Rookie

Location: Wallowing in mud... or chocolate. I can't tell... no, wait. Thats mud.
I've finally bought Halo for PC and I'm going through it on legendary mode (I may be stuck halfway through level 2 but I'm not gonna give in!!!)

I've also finished Day of the tentalcle-great game!

"What am I going to do?"

"I think I made myself perfectly clear: Step one- find plans.
Step two- save world.
Step three- get out of my house!!"
Scorpicus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 06:50 AM   #18
Shuz

DOTT is one my favourite adventure games
Old 04-02-2006, 06:54 AM   #19
Isak

Bought Resident Evil 4... Brillant game! Also bought Pro Evolution Soccer 4, the best soccer game I've ever played!

Isak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #20
Sanspoof

The Godfather. Funnest game bought in recent years. There needs to be more decent gangster games.
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #21
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Is The Godfather difficult? I heard you can sometimes choose whether you want to get violent or handle the matters differently. The movies are among my favourites, but I'm hopeless with games that have any shooting, so I don't know if it's worth the price.

Also, would someone who really doesn't like GTA games find The Godfather any good?

Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 AM   #22
Ramsey721
Rookie

From what I've heard, the game borrows from GTA, in driving and such. It probably would be worth renting if your a fan of the movie like me.

Im playing The Curse of Monkey Island now on my labtop and MGS3 : Subsistence on my PS2. I finally found a copy of Grim Fandango to order, and after getting the demo working, Im psyched as hell to play it.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #23
CylonRedux
Lurker

Back in December I finished Half-Life 2 (PC) and was very happy; the gameplay and scope of that last chapter just smooth blew me away. Then I immediately started Psychonauts (Xbox), which I'm still progressing through (17+ gameplay hours so far--I'm taking my time). I just got to the Milkman Conspiracy. And I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but Psychonauts has so much charm that I can easily forgive the occasional platformer quibble; the music, art direction, and humor are incredible. I can't wait for Schafer's next game, whatever that may be.

In between on the PC, I've played several hours of the full version of Darwinia (the demo sold me!) and have enjoyed it; I've noodled around with the demo of Rag Doll Kung Fu quite a bit and found it really fun; and just the other day I made a serious dive into Half-Life: Blue Shift for the first time, and it's not great but it's not terrible, either. (By the way, if you've got a Steam account and register your hard copy of Half-Life, you get Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Ricochet moved into your account gratis...at least I did, and that's not a bad deal in my book!)

I don't know whether to officially count Syberia II (PC) on the list, since I installed it and played it for maybe an hour but haven't gone back to it. I got stumped at the train station (can't talk the Russian guy out of his key) and refuse to rely on cheats so quickly, so if anybody has any non-cheat clues, I'd be grateful. :-)

Happy gaming; Laters...

Manny Calavera: "I'm not going to keep carrying this sign around; it's demoralizing."

Last edited by CylonRedux; 04-25-2006 at 12:09 PM.
CylonRedux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #24
Ramsey721
Rookie

Guess what game I'm playing.... Grim Fandango!!!!!!!! This game is so awesome. Pretty challenging, but hey, I'm up for challenges.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #25
Samuel Dravis

I finished Dreamfall the other day. It was really good, but so many cliffhangers!

Right now I'm trying to play Oblivion. Mages are the best ever. Enemy? Oh, just whip up a little bit of a roaring, flaming nuclear (well, almost) FIREBALL!

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #26
Scorpicus
Rookie

Location: Wallowing in mud... or chocolate. I can't tell... no, wait. Thats mud.
I'm obsessively playing Tombraider 3 at the moment - made at the same time as GF.

1998 a good year for games!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #27
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I've beening playing Pokemon...yes Pokemon and MLB 2006. MOre of MLB 2006....which is a great game.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #28
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

Just completed Tomb Raider: Legend, awesome game. Perhaps a little bit short and the mercenary fighting scenes can be a bit repetitive but other than that it was one of the most fun games I've played in a while. If you played Angel of Darkness and was on the verge of topping yourself then give Legend a shot. You wont be disappointed, it's a sweet game

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #29
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I recently bought Beyond Good & Evil and tried it around a little. It looked like a very promising game, but my ancient computer won't run it if I don't turn the resolution so low that it looks more like The Dig than any modern game. Had to uninstall and put it away to wait for a better computer.

Still, it's been a while since any game captured me like that in the very beginning. Recommended.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #30
neon_git

i finished fahrenheit (AKA indigo prophecy) yesterday - the end was a bit of a let down, but overall it was awesome.

and obviously there's also psychonauts ...

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #31
Shuz

Ah, Fahrenheit, that game was good until one point near the end where the story just went a little insane and hilariously bad -
spoiler:
artificial intelligence robot computer monster????
Old 05-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #32
Scorpicus
Rookie

Farhenheit? Never heard of it. Is it a new game?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #33
neon_git

i think it's at least a year old, possibly more - i got it second hand at any rate. it was called indego prophecy in the states if that helps at all.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #34
Scorpicus
Rookie

Wow, looks cool! Must get my hands on a copy.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #35
Ramsey721
Rookie

Im playing MGS2 which is an excellent game. It has over 800 pages of script. It seems for every 3 minutes of gameplay theres 15 minutes of movies. You really get into the storyline though, so its all good.

Eagerly waiting for my labtop adaptor to come this week, so i can play Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island. This wait is killing me.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #36
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Lots and lots of Psychonauts, Medal of Honor, Battlefront, Sim City, The Sims and Super Smash Bros. Melee are all on top right now for me...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #37
Scorpicus
Rookie

Ugh! Hate the sims - its basically "mummys and daddys" but computerized! And to think its the bestselling computer game of all time - depressing...
Old 06-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #38
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Oh c'mon...The Sims is a great game...I can pretend that I'm ugly b/c being hot in real just gets boring...lol...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 AM   #39
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I played the oringinal sims way back in 2000 before everyone started playing it, let me tell you watching a distressed cg person have an accident was only funny the first hundred times
Old 06-14-2006, 04:13 AM   #40
Shuz

I got bored with the sims after a while, then the first expansion pack came out. It had a woodwork set that your sims could make garden gnomes with, and you could sell them as well. So naturally I created a gnome making sweatshop! I worked my sims HARD - they were allowed only enough sleep and food to stop them from collapsing. Muhahahaha
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Games played recently