lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Has anyone ever noticed this? NOT FINISHED
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #41
Ibelin
Rookie

And I noticed this: Darths(except for Revan) usually don't have all their body part.Nihilus is an encased soul in the armor,Traya has white eye and lost a hand,Sion has more than 1k fracture in his body,Vader was burned with lava and Sidious has a "river" on his head.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #42
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Bastila was a princess?

And what, Bioware was unoriginal because they had a wookiee in their game? What, were there no wookiees in the old republic?

_EW_
I should have explained myself better. I meant the role the crew members had. Bastilla somewhat took the place of Leia. I believe there is even some dialogue of Carth insulting Bastilla with 'princess' or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
The only reason Vader was the second-most powerful Sith in the galaxy was because he composed 50% of all Sith during that time.
True. Beating the Jedi into Oblivion was just luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadmus View Post
Expanded Universe? Really? The Prequel Trilogy is given a lot of (undeserved) flak, but Expanded Universe...
It's canon, true, but not to my liking. Really not a good resolution to the dramatic plot of Episodes 1-6.
Agreed. Like the moves better as well, but I took EU material here for sake of argument, since Kotor is considered EU as well.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #43
Moltroxx
Lurker

Current Game: SW:KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
I should have explained myself better. I meant the role the crew members had. Bastilla somewhat took the place of Leia. I believe there is even some dialogue of Carth insulting Bastilla with 'princess' or something.

It was Canderous, and he told her that she was a
spoiler:
Spoiled Jedi Princess
Yes, I love it, haha :P

And Carth asked her how did she got
spoiler:
captured bye the Black Vulkars, and then he asked how did the "legendary" jedi bastila lost her ligthsaber, and he started to laugh

And Mission asked her if she used her force powers for some fun, and then she force pushed Mission, with her replying: "Hey, That wasn't funny!"

Bastila is very arrogant =)
Moltroxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #44
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
In my personal opinion KotOR and TSL are more like the OT than the PT is, why? because of the ebon hawk. there is no millenium falcon in the PT, there is no band of heroes working together for a goal. KotOR TSL and OT have that but PT just has a couple aspects of the OT. the droids, and well the droids is really one of the only similarities that i can think the three have in common.

TSL and the OT have a jedi mentor, PT not so much, obi wan is there but not really teaching anakin very much. thats why i only watch the OT and play the kotor games. i dislike episodes 1-3. they dont feel very star wars-ish

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #45
LordJhredmo
Rookie

Current Game: Battlefront II
Does anyone here know why Vader was able to use Force choke, but not Force lightning with his mechanical arms? Think about it before answering.

R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #46
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Force Lightning wasn't his move.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #47
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
Does anyone here know why Vader was able to use Force choke, but not Force lightning with his mechanical arms? Think about it before answering.
There are about 1.013 threads about the subject, but this is the official theory (Wookieepedia):

Quote:
It should be noted that Darth Vader, despite being a powerful Sith Lord, was unable to generate or deflect Force lightning. This was due to his cybernetic implants, and any attempt by Vader to generate it would cause it to backfire, electrocuting his life-support systems, causing it to short-circuit and kill him. This is ultimately how he was killed, as his act of redemption in saving his son caused him to be bombarded with the Emperor's lightning.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Has anyone ever noticed this? NOT FINISHED