lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Shinobi
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #1121
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"If these coordinated we were given are precise, the base should be located somewhere around here. It may be inside of the reef itself!"

Karela nodded in agreement. "Knowing how fanatical the Arashi are about nature I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet the base is inside the reef to minimize damage to the enviorment. The only problem I see if finding the entrance to the base.

She looked at the screen again and shook her head slowly. "That reef is huge...it might take us quite a while to find the entrance if the base is inside the reef."

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 02-02-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #1122
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
"When you say 'there', Takai-san... do you mean where the group are at?"

Takai looked over to his pupil and shook his head but smiled at her none the less.

"While I'm sure it would give them a good scare, I don't think it would end that well for us. No my dear, I mean to the Arashi base where the group is headed. It'll give us a chance to find a good spot to watch the fight."

------------------

"That reef is huge...it might take us quite a while to find the entrance if the base is inside the reef."

Takeda looked over to Karela after staring at the large reef.

"Forgive me for bringing it up Karela but do you remember ever visiting the base while you were brainwashed by them?"
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #1123
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
"That reef is huge...it might take us quite a while to find the entrance if the base is inside the reef."

With all the colourfull marine biology grown all over the organic formation, it was quite difficult to determine how one could set up a base underground.

Tategami placed his finger over his ear, listening in on the communication between the teams.

"Shadow Squadron, the diversion appears to be a success. You can see the catastrophe occuring above you."

Kaneda stared up at the window ceiling, and watched the battle commence. The Cuttlefish Subs soared down through the ocean like missiles - which were appropriately coutnered with missiles from the inconspicuous reef.

"If the Arashi wanted to maintain secrecy for their hidden base, why are they attacking straight away?"

"There are two possibilities." Tategami began. "Either one of the distractions has incidently uncovered the hidden entrance and they are ensuring nobody penetrates through. Or, the Arashi can see the whole army of Cuttlefish Subs and view them as an immediate threat."

"The first option could be possible." the pilot claimed. He flicked a button for the console of the Night-Vision monitor. The view changed into a layout Birds-eye view of the reef, most likely made using the sonar system. The pilot pointed over to a section on the map, where it was covered by moving dots.

"See these dots? Thats our distraction. Notice how all of them are being lead to this one particular spot."

Kaneda was still staring out of the window, watching the battle commence. He kept squinting at the Countering "Missles" being launched from reef. They were more like large needles made from light, and they were being fired at a very fast pace. Not only that, but there was a seemingly entire swarm consisting of these needles. But they still did catastrophic damage to the Cuttlefish, quite devastating actually.

Before the Stingray moved in close to the wall of the reef, Kaneda thought he caught a glimpse of where the needles where coming from. He shook his head, wondering if his eyes deceived him when he thought he saw a man standing on the reef itself.
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #1124
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Forgive me for bringing it up Karela but do you remember ever visiting the base while you were brainwashed by them?"

Karela shook her head and then turned to look at the battle going on outside. "I may have but I don't remember being here. Most of the memories of my time among the Arashi are gone and I don't miss them at all."

She looked over at Kaneda and noticed that he was staring out the window, most likely watching the battle going on outside. She walked behind him and stared out the window towards the reef. Her eyes caught a glimpse of what looked like a figure standing on the reef.

"It may be just me, but is anybody else seeing a figure standing on the reef itself?."
Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #1125
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"It may be just me, but is anybody else seeing a figure standing on the reef itself?."

"Looks like the Arashi own very resourceful people." Kaneda added. "I'm wondering how that guy is able to survive with that amount of pressure of water."

"You can worry about that later." the pilot remarked. "Found a passage that goes though into the reef towards the supposed entrance."

The Stingray crawled along the wall of the reef until it met a decent sized gap. They entered it, and ventured through the canyons of the reef. The pilot studied the sonar map carefully to ensure they were heading in the right direction. A few minutes later, the stingray came into an open clearing walled with the rock and marine biology.

Wreckage of the cuttlefish was spread all over the large terrain. Looking up ahead, the figure of a man was still present ontop of a tall cliff of reef. All his attention was focused on the cuttlefish - he didn't catch a glimpse of the approaching stingray, thanks to its camoflaging abilities.

But directly beneath him of the cliff face appeared to be an entrance to a cavern, covered with growths of seaweed and plants.

"I think we found the entrance." the pilot transmitted over his intercomm. "Stingray team follow these coordinates. Be very careful, hostile in contact."

The stingray silently crept along towards the cavern entrance, brushing past the marine vegetation. Though the underwater cavern was very dark, there was a faint orange light within the long distance of the narrow passage.

"We cant mainstain a steady path along the rough terrain of the cavern. We'll have to switch to Explorer Mode for now." he flicked a switch and the Stingray departed from the ground below and soared through the cavern.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #1126
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"While I'm sure it would give them a good scare, I don't think it would end that well for us. No my dear, I mean to the Arashi base where the group is headed. It'll give us a chance to find a good spot to watch the fight."

Asuka nodded at Takai, understanding what he meant. She stood up on the huge tree branch.

"Shall I teleport us now, to the Arashi base?"

She probably knew that Takai was tired of all these questions. But she didn't want to make any mistakes. She just wanted revenge on them all...
SkywalkerRules is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #1127
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"Shall I teleport us now, to the Arashi base?"

Takai looked over to Asuka and nodded his head. He could sense Takeda and his friends were getting closer.

"Take us there now, but make sure were out of sight."
Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #1128
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"You would think they have caught us by now..." Kaneda added, after a long silence. "I figured the Arashi would have some type of defensive network, if we were able to penetrate the base."

"Unless they may have mistaken us as a very large fish." The pilot retorted amusingly. Nobody laughed.

The tunnel of the cavern was so long and deep, there was a wonder of when it was going to end. Finally, the Stingray arrived within the catacombs of the underwater cavern. The walls were surrounded with what appeared to be glowing orange orbs - hundreds of them covering a great distance across the great cavern.. As they grew closer, the orbs appeared to be windows imbedded within the walls.

The stingray crept along the smoother wall, avoiding the large circular orange panels to avoid visible detection, even though they were fully camoflaged. Down below, there appeared to be a large opening.

"There!" Tategami pointed. "We'll go in through there." he turned towards his team mates. "Expect some level of resistance once we get inside." he warned.

The Stingray slowly but quietly entered the glowing opening. They found themselves within some type of docking port ideal for parking a ship/submarine - like a small diving pool. The surroundings seemed quite appropriate and typical for an underwater base - except with it being more larger and more open spaced. Everything was coper colored, the walls and rooftops were covered with large pipes. Well, this was Kaneda's own description, as that was all he could see from te cockpit window.

The glass shield opened, and everyone except for the pilot remained seated. They had a much better view of the scene, now they weren't in the submersible. The entire place was so vast, the darkness shadowed the distance up ahead.

"Well, we made it." Kaneda added. "We're inside the base."

"Dont be so quick judgemental. This place is sure to hold a few suprises for us when we set foot."
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #1129
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Dont be so quick judgemental. This place is sure to hold a few suprises for us when we set foot."

Karela and Dai both took a quick look around the area and were slightly intimidated by how large the cavern was.

Dai turned to Tategami with a confused look on his face. "If this is truely one of the docking bays then why isn't it guarded? With the base under attack wouldn't it make more sense to guard all of the docking bays against intruders?"

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 02-19-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #1130
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Yoroi had said nothing the entire trip, instead concentrating carefully on mental honing the new jutsu. He was rather impressed by the sheer size of the cavern, but then again he had seen equal fantastic structures in Amegakure.

"If this is truely one of the docking bays then why isn't it guarded? With the base under attack wouldn't it make more sense to guard all of the docking bays against intruders?"

"Why do I get the feeling that this is a trap?" Yoroi growled. "Rinnegan!"

He scanned their immediate position, but detected no chakra close to their position.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #1131
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"If this is truely one of the docking bays then why isn't it guarded? With the base under attack wouldn't it make more sense to guard all of the docking bays against intruders?"

The pilot crawled out of the submarine and walked towards the others. "I've made contact with the other subs and gave them our location on the secured line."

He began walking ahead of the others, whom remained stationary. "Wow. this place is huge! I wonder if---"

There was a loud, disturbing humming noise coming from the walls. The pilot suddenly stopped short. His body stood there, and began to shake as if he was going through a seizure or beiing electrocuted. But there was no sign of any energy being exposed that could cause this. The pilot suddenly dropped, unknowable if whether he was still alive or the opposite.

Kaneda turned to Karela. "I think that answers your question - theres no need to guard this dock."

"He's still alive..." Tategami stared at the fallen pilot. "I'm impressed the Arashi possess such sophistated defences. Some type of Electromagnetic Field that knocks out an intruder. Possibly to keep them alive for questioning..."

Kaneda didnt listen to Tategami's babbling. He was more interested in how overcome the obstacle. He viewed the pilot as a marking point of where the field is emiting. "I think we're gonna need Specters help. He does have the ability to create portals. Unless somebody has a better idea."
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #1132
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

"He's still alive..." Tategami stared at the fallen pilot. "I'm impressed the Arashi possess such sophistated defences. Some type of Electromagnetic Field that knocks out an intruder. Possibly to keep them alive for questioning..."

Kaneda didnt listen to Tategami's babbling. He was more interested in how overcome the obstacle. He viewed the pilot as a marking point of where the field is emiting. "I think we're gonna need Specters help. He does have the ability to create portals. Unless somebody has a better idea."

Yoroi frowned, and scanned the area in front of him again. "I cannot see any chakra," he reported. "This field should be a lightning release by all accounts, but it's not being generated by any jutsu...."

He then had a thought. "Tategami-sempai, I think this isn't a jutsu. I think this is technology, in which case we will definitely need Specter's assistance."

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #1133
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Takeda followed after the pilot, and stopped when he was hit with the field.

"I think we're gonna need Specters help. He does have the ability to create portals. Unless somebody has a better idea."

"Tategami-sempai, I think this isn't a jutsu. I think this is technology, in which case we will definitely need Specter's assistance."

Specter had just teleported to the group when he heard Kaneda and Yoroi.

"Let's see what I can do."

Specter looked down at the ground and opened a portal a few feet next to him.

"That's the easy part, but I need to know how big the field is before I open another one."
Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 AM   #1134
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"That's the easy part, but I need to know how big the field is before I open another one."

Kaneda stared at the swirling portal, and hesitated at first. Carefully he stepped though the vortex. His stomach dropped when he was pulled through and instantly to the other side of the Electromagnetic Supersonic field.

He stared back at the others, waiting for them to step through the portal Specter made. Minutes later, the some of the submersibles arrived at the dock. The soldiers withdrew from the Stingrays and ready for deployment when they stood on the wet metal floor. Inoichi Yamanaka was among them.

"Many of the Stingray Submersibles were taken down - unable to penetrate the base. It took the guy up on the reef cliff a while to realise we were under his nose. We're lucky we made it through here."

He approached Tategami. "In order to fully map this place in a matter of minutes, we're gonna need a collegue of the Arashi. Only through his mind, will we be able to grab our bearings."

"We have no time to lose then." Kaneda span around and continued onwards through the darkness ahead. His stomach suddenly dropped when his foot touched nothing but air. That was odd? He stared down to where his feet were. There appeared to be a floor beneath him, but the problem was he wasnt standing on it. It was some type of optical illusion. One of the Arashi's unforseen traps!

He couldnt keep his balance. "NO!" he waved his arms around frantically, but he couldn't hold still. He fell through the holographic hole!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #1135
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Karela stepped cautiously through the portal, feeling a weird sensation as she was pulled through the portal and arrived on the other end.

"Well...that was something I'll most likely never do again." She commented dryly.

Before she could do or say anything else, she watched in horror as Kaneda fell through some sort of holographic floor trap that had been set to capture or possibly kill intruders.

"Specter! Kaneda fell through some sort of trap! Open a portal under him quickly!"
Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #1136
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

"Take us there now, but make sure were out of sight."

Asuka nodded with a smile. "Yes, Takai-san." And with that, Asuka used her Teleportation technique to teleport them to the Arashi's base.

Finally, they were at the base, but hidden away from the group. Asuka glanced around with caution, hoping that Takeda and his so-called friends weren't around.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #1137
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Specter heard Karela's voice and snapped into action. He teleported next to Kaneda and grabbed him with one arm.

"Hang on kid"

He concentrated for a few seconds before teleporting the two back to the group.

----------

Takai looked around the Arashi base with a smile on his face. He was very impressed with Asuka's work, and now they could ambush the group.

"You've done well Asuka, soon we will both have revenge on those who have wronged us."
Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #1138
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
((Aw poop! I was planning on doing something with Kaneda. Not to worry, we'll just play along for now until I get another opportunity lol. I probably should have gave more warning; my bad))

Kaneda seemed to be falling down an endless tunnel, when all of a sudden he spotted Specter appear right in front of him.

"Hang on kid". After a brief moment, Kaneda was back on his feet with the others. As if the occurance of Kaneda falling through the holographic trap never happened.

"Thanks Specter..." he said. Kaneda examined the floor ahead of him. "This is alot tougher than I imagined. It seems there is a certain type of tile on the floor that uses Holographic Projections. Once stepped on, the victim falls into a seemingly endless pit."

He thought back to when he stepped on the tile before he fell. It was a dark colored square sitting on an angle. He took another step onto the floor, testing his theory. He stood on the circle tile. Nothing happened. "Everybody step on the circle tiles." he suggested. He leaped from tile to tile; 3 at a time. Until he made it near the end of the tiled path. He waited for everyone to catch up.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #1139
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Karela watched carefully as Kaneda jumped from tile to tile. She was prepared to jump down after him if he fell again but thankfully this time he didn't.

"Everybody step on the circle tiles."

She looked down at the tiles and found a good one to start jumping from. She carefully jumped from circled tile to circled tile, being extremley careful to avoid landing on one that didn't have a circle.

She finally made it across and then looked back at the others still gathered on the other side. Karela turned to Kaneda and smiled.

"Well...that was something I plan to never do again. Have I ever told you that I really don't like the idea of falling through the floor?"

She turned back toward the others and motioned for the others to follow. "I'm sorry to pressure you guys but we need to hurry. Kaneda could have set off some sort of alarm when he fell through the trap-floor so theres no telling if Arashi shinobi could already be on the way."

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 03-05-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #1140
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I'm sorry to pressure you guys but we need to hurry. Kaneda could have set off some sort of alarm when he fell through the trap-floor so theres no telling if Arashi shinobi could already be on the way."

Tategami, Yamanaka and the rest of the others caught up to Kaneda and Karela. Kaneda stepped off of the Tiled path and back onto the metal floor. He looked ahead and saw a forked junction of 3 passages spawned with steam pipes.

Tategami stood infront. "I think its best we split up into groups. That way, we can cover more ground. We'll keep in contact via our earpieces. Yamanaka, Specter and I will cover the 2nd center path. That way, if we make contact with an Arashi member, Yamanaka can use his Mind Reading ability to map the entire complex. If you spot anything interesting, we'll be sure to locate you and use Specter's Hell Portal technique to reunite."

He stared at his felow team mates. "Yoroi and Takeda will take the first on the right while Dai, Karela and Kaneda will take the 3rd remaining passage! If any trouble occurs beyond what you can handle, we'll try our best to locate you. Any questions?"

((I figured while exploring these passages, one of us can run into a little trouble with Asuka and Takai.))
Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #1141
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

He couldnt keep his balance. "NO!" he waved his arms around frantically, but he couldn't hold still. He fell through the holographic hole!

Specter heard Karela's voice and snapped into action. He teleported next to Kaneda and grabbed him with one arm.

"Hang on kid"

He concentrated for a few seconds before teleporting the two back to the group.

It had happened so quickly that Yoroi didn't even know what was going on until it was too late.

"Well at least Kaneda is all right," he muttered with a sigh of relief. "Rinnegan."

He stared at the floor again. This time the Arashi had hybridized technology and jutsu. There was an electrical current running through wires in the ground meant to mask chakra, which prevented Yoroi from seeing it.

I guess they know that Konoha has always at one point had two of the three great dojutsu under their wing, he thought. They prepared for sensory types, thus reducing the strength of combat types.

Kaneda stepped off of the Tiled path and back onto the metal floor. He looked ahead and saw a forked junction of 3 passages spawned with steam pipes.

Tategami stood infront. "I think its best we split up into groups. That way, we can cover more ground. We'll keep in contact via our earpieces. Yamanaka, Specter and I will cover the 2nd center path. That way, if we make contact with an Arashi member, Yamanaka can use his Mind Reading ability to map the entire complex. If you spot anything interesting, we'll be sure to locate you and use Specter's Hell Portal technique to reunite."

He stared at his felow team mates. "Yoroi and Takeda will take the first on the right while Dai, Karela and Kaneda will take the 3rd remaining passage! If any trouble occurs beyond what you can handle, we'll try our best to locate you. Any questions?"

"No, but I have a suggestion," said Yoroi. "Samsara Art: Six Paths of Yoroi."

Six identical elemental and shadow clones appeared around him. "Each of my Paths hold modified chakra disruptor blades that let any of them and myself reach each other's location instantly via the Flying Thunder God technique. I suggest that I send two Paths with each group for added support, and if anyone gets into a though spot I can send some Paths to assist."

Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #1142
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"I think its best we split up into groups. That way, we can cover more ground. We'll keep in contact via our earpieces. Yamanaka, Specter and I will cover the 2nd center path. That way, if we make contact with an Arashi member, Yamanaka can use his Mind Reading ability to map the entire complex. If you spot anything interesting, we'll be sure to locate you and use Specter's Hell Portal technique to reunite."

Specter nodded at Tategami's plan in agreement.

"Each of my Paths hold modified chakra disruptor blades that let any of them and myself reach each other's location instantly via the Flying Thunder God technique. I suggest that I send two Paths with each group for added support, and if anyone gets into a though spot I can send some Paths to assist."

"That sounds like an excellent idea to me," said Takeda finally speaking up.

Takeda was much more quiet than he usually was. Between losing Asuka and somehow being separated from Takai, Takeda hardly had time to speak with the group. He had to find Takai and Asuka, no matter the cost.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #1143
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"Each of my Paths hold modified chakra disruptor blades that let any of them and myself reach each other's location instantly via the Flying Thunder God technique. I suggest that I send two Paths with each group for added support, and if anyone gets into a though spot I can send some Paths to assist."

"An excellent idea we'll run with. The goal is to become noticed by one of the Arashi members, so we can capture and extract the information we need."

"Naruto and the rest of the squad have remained behind until we get our bearings." Yamanaka added. "They will be protecting the equipment..."

Equipment was the code word "Bomb", incase the Arashi were listening in to their plans. The bomb was promised to be well hidden from surveilance of the enemy.

"Now, no more discussions. We hunt." Tategami and his team dashed into their appointed passage. Kaneda shruged and stared at Karela, Dai and the Yoroi clones.

"Alright, lets move." he dashed into 3rd passage. It was a little hard for Kaneda to see into the dark passage. The lights were dim and emited an orange tint illumination. But the path seemed linear enough to run in a straight path.

Kaneda stopped when he looked beside him at a wall with a window stretching across the passage. It overlooked a large spherical area, with what appeared to be crate-like objects surrounding the walls.

"What is this..." Kaneda stared. "They look like crates... but what are they holding?"

"You're looking at the same thing we're looking at." Tategami spoke through the ear piece.[/i] "We too have encountered an area holding crates surrounding the walls... wait a minute..."[/i]

Kaneda focused on the crates, and reached through into his Werebeast senses. After a few moments, he opened his eyes with a disturbed look on his face.

"Tategami-sensai..." he spoke through the earpiece. "Are you reading what I am?"

There wasnt a reply. Kaneda stared back at the others. "Those crates are housing prisoners. But... theres something different about them. They arent dead. Nor are they alive either. Its hard to explain... they... its like they have been drained."
Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #1144
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Those crates are housing prisoners. But... theres something different about them. They arent dead. Nor are they alive either. Its hard to explain... they... its like they have been drained."

Karela slowly shook her head. "Don't ask me what kind of technique does this. I was never involved with any of this."

Dai wanted to get closer to some of these drained prisoners but knew that he couldn't. "I wonder what sort of threat these prisoners might represent now that they're drained. It's possible that the Arashi did something to them after draining them. It might be a good idea to avoid these areas at all costs." Dai said to Kaneda.

Dai was still talking to Kaneda when Karela's head suddenly shot up and looked straight to the right.

Asuka...I can sense her. She mananged to get inside the base...and it's more then likely that Takai is with her.

Karela turned to Kaneda and Dai.

"Kaneda...I can sense Asuka. She's here on the base right now."
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #1145
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Takai cursed silently as he heard very familiar voices approaching the spot he was hidden in. Not only were they getting close to them but the Arashi weren't here either. Takai would have to make sure this strike team's visit was known even if it meant toying with them himself.

"Prepare yourself for a fight but do not strike until I do." Takai whispered to Asuka.

He could now clearly see Kaneda and most of his friends. He noticed there were two Yoroi's in the group which meant he was using his special jutsu.

"What a smart girl you are Karela, you never fail to impress me. Why with your ability to attack your friends and your village I thought that was it for you but I guess you proved me wrong," Takai said in the shadows.

-----------

Takeda had only just started walking through the 1st passage when he felt the need to turn back. He could sense Takai was close, and that was enough for him. He stopped and turned himself around.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #1146
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"What a smart girl you are Karela, you never fail to impress me. Why with your ability to attack your friends and your village I thought that was it for you but I guess you proved me wrong,"

Karela slowly turned toward the shadows where Takai's voice had come from. She had already planned for Takai and Asuka showing up. She turned to Kaneda and the others and smiled sadly.

"Go on ahead. I'll take care of these two. Capturing an Arashi member and gaining the information we need is a higher priority then fighting these two. Besides...I'll catch up with you guys later. I promise."

She turned back to the shadows and her smile turned to an expression filled with rage. "Asuka...I know your in the shadows with him. I only have one thing to say to you: Your coming back to the village...Even if I have to drag you back myself."

Karela began forming a blue orb of chakra n in one hand while holding an exploding kunai in her other hand.

"Come on out you two. There's no use hiding from me. I can sense the both of you."

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 03-17-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #1147
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
"I wonder what sort of threat these prisoners might represent now that they're drained. It's possible that the Arashi did something to them after draining them. It might be a good idea to avoid these areas at all costs."

"I'm not sure I even want to know what happened to them. The Arashi are known for kidnapping and conducting experiments on prisoner test subjects. But I agree; we'll try our best to avoid those areas if we can."

Kaneda could smell the presence of two familiars. He supposed that now was the time for the revelation of their stalking predators.

Kaneda stared back at Karela with amazment in his eyes. "Huh? When did you get all Psykick all of a sudden?"

What a smart girl you are Karela, you never fail to impress me. Why with your ability to attack your friends and your village I thought that was it for you but I guess you proved me wrong,"

Kaneda stared down the shadows of the passage, until the light from the window shun on the figures that approached them. Takai, and non other than Asuka. There was something different about her... Her eyes were glowing yellow, in a sinister way.

"Takai..." Kaneda breathed. "Asuka..." he clenched his fist. His body began to steam of the purple chakra within him. He glared most especially at Takai - he did something to Asuka.

"Go on ahead. I'll take care of these two. Capturing an Arashi member and gaining the information we need is a higher priority then fighting these two. Besides...I'll catch up with you guys later. I promise."

"Karela, are you sure you're able to face off against these two? You have no idea what they are capable of." Kaneda could see there was no way of convincing her - she was determined. But in the end, she was right; the mission takes top priority.

"If I dont see you anytime soon, I'm coming back to get you!" Kaneda promised. "Be careful."

Him, Dai and the Yoroi clones made their leave down the passage.

Tategami stared at the window filled with crates holding the prisoners in an unknown condition. He sniffed the air; Takai and Asuka are here.

"Karela! Whats your position?" Tategami spoke into his ear piece.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #1148
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"If I dont see you anytime soon, I'm coming back to get you!"

"We'll be here when you get back!" Takai called out to Kaneda.

Takai jumped down from his spot and eyed Karela. He stared at her for a few seconds before letting out his signature smile.

"So you're going to take care of us all by yourself? You must be quite confident in yourself to think that. I'll tell you what, let's see what the new Asuka has to say about that."

Takai backed away into the shadows and laughed.

"Asuka, why don't you show our opponent here just how powerful you really are."
Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #1149
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

"Bansho Tennin."

Takai flew further back into the darkness, then seized by a pair of arms. A kunai was held at his throat, and to his left a pair of Rinnegan glowed violet in the dark.

"You should know by now: no matter where one of my allies are, I will be there as well," said Yoroi. "I'll have you know that the power gap between when we last fought and now is the difference between heaven and earth. And furthermore, do not think I will fall for your tricks again."

With the final words, he quickly raised the kunai and then jabbed at Takai's exposed throat....

Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #1150
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

((Sorry for the absence, peeps.))

"Asuka...I know your in the shadows with him. I only have one thing to say to you: Your coming back to the village...Even if I have to drag you back myself."

Asuka's glowing eyes glared at Karela from the shadows with bitterness. She wanted nothing to do with these scums. She just wanted vengeance. Against Takeda. Against all of them that treated her wrongly.

"Asuka, why don't you show our opponent here just how powerful you really are."

"With pleasure," Asuka responded to Takai. The corrupted young woman dashed out of the shadows in unusual speed, running towards Karela like a maniac. She held her sword at ready and let out a battle cry.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #1151
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Karela! Whats your position?"

"I can't talk right now Tategami-sensai, I'm about to engage the enemy."

She looked on as a familiar figure walked out of the shadows and stared at her for a few moments..

"With pleasure,"

Karela watched with a sad smile as Asuka rushed at her with amazing speed and then let out a battle cry that sent a slight chill through her body.

Looks like Takai has been teaching her well. The only people I've seen that are this fast as Lee-sensai and myself.

Her expression turned to one of anger as she watched Asuka draw closer and closer to her. She jumped backward and then threw an exploding Kunai at Asuka.

"Asuka! Think about the people your hurting by doing this! Think of what Takeda would think of your actions!"

Takeda might be the only person who might even have a chance of getting through to her. Where could he be?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #1152
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Takai teleported without saying a single word. He laughed in the shadows at Yoroi's attempt to kill him.

"Ah Yoroi, still predicable as ever I see. You honestly thought I'd be that easy to take down when I could sense you and Karela coming. When I stole your abilities, I didn't just get them but your thoughts and scent as well. I know how you operate Yoroi and Karela as well."

Takai jumped down again and dusted himself off.

"And now my precious Asuka knows as well..." Takai began to say before being hit with a ball of ice.

"You twisted freak, don't talk about her like that!" yelled a very angry Takeda.

Takeda shot another ice ball at Takai but he was ready for it this time. Takai teleported behind Takeda and kicked him hard in the back before vanishing again.

"Its about time you showed up Takeda, now we can get this party started." laughed Takai.

Takeda looked over at Yoroi as he charged up another ice ball.

"I'll deal with Takai, you need to save Asuka...please," Takeda added in with desperation.

"Of you're going to deal with me?!? That's great, I guess I'll toy with you before I fight someone actually worthy."
Old 03-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #1153
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

"Ah Yoroi, still predicable as ever I see. You honestly thought I'd be that easy to take down when I could sense you and Karela coming. When I stole your abilities, I didn't just get them but your thoughts and scent as well. I know how you operate Yoroi and Karela as well."

Perfect...perfect, Yoroi thought. That's it, keep thinking exactly that way--

"You twisted freak, don't talk about her like that!" yelled a very angry Takeda.

Takeda shot another ice ball at Takai but he was ready for it this time. Takai teleported behind Takeda and kicked him hard in the back before vanishing again.

"Takeda!" said Yoroi in surprise. When he had attacked Takai he had sent his Shadow Path while leaving his Fire Path with Takeda. Apparently, Takeda had slipped away and the Fire Path hadn't noticed.

Takeda looked over at Yoroi as he charged up another ice ball.

"I'll deal with Takai, you need to save Asuka...please," Takeda added in with desperation.

"Of you're going to deal with me?!? That's great, I guess I'll toy with you before I fight someone actually worthy."

Yoroi looked from both Takai to Takeda. He then smirked. "I'm really being underestimated here," he chuckled, summoning his other five Paths while leaving a Shadow Clone with both Kaneda and Tategami's group. "Takai, you said that not only did you absorb my abilities but my thoughts too? You forgot what I said earlier: The difference between my power then and now is like that of heaven and earth. Consider who I was when I fought you: a mere jonin getting used to the greatest of the noble dojutsu while relying on an average chakra reserve and attempting to copy the technique of my predecessor. You underestimate the degree to which someone can change within the span of a few months."

Yoroi proceeded to summon another Shadow Clone, which rushed off to help Karela. He then stretched out his hand to allow his other five paths to feed elemental chakra into it. "My outlook on life is completely different from what it was then. You no longer know me. However, I know you very well. You are the kind of individual who thinks that you can make the existence of others irrelevant with your power. Guess what? I WILL NOT BE MADE IRRELEVANT! Samsara Art: Elemental Sword of the Six Paths!"

The two Rinnegan turned towards his comrade, his mouth making a broad grin. "Takeda, here's a better deal: I'm going to help you take down Takai and help Karela save Asuka with my new jutsu! Let's do this, comrade!"

Old 03-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #1154
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
"Takeda, here's a better deal: I'm going to help you take down Takai and help Karela save Asuka with my new jutsu! Let's do this, comrade!"

Takeda smiled from under his mask and nodded at Yoroi.

"Yes, and let's make sure to make his death slow and painful."

Takai stood there listening to Yoroi's words with that arrogant smile on his face. Though has unconcerned as Takai was he knew Yoroi's words were true. Yoroi had definitely gotten stronger, but Takai too had gotten much more powerful. He chuckled at Takeda and Yoroi before unsheathing his sword.

"But how wrong you are Yoroi. I don't think I can make people feel nonexistent, I do make them nonexistent because I kill them! I also know perfectly well how someone can change in a few months, after all I did make Asuka better than before."

Takai looked over to Yoroi, then to Takeda. "You may know how I think but you have no idea what I'm capable of. You may have gotten stronger as well Yoroi but that doesn't change who you are, and I know who you are. If you don't believe me, then we can get a second opinion on this matter."

Takai looked back over to Yoroi and laughed again.

"Nightmare Summoning Jutsu!"

A shadow stood between Yoroi and Takai. It soon began to take the shape of a person. Within a few seconds Yoroi was staring at Riko.

"Its not real Yoroi, we both know it. Takai's just afraid to fight you Yoroi and now he's trying to use your past to fight you." Takeda yelled.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #1155
Phantom Knight

Hot Topic Starter 
Kaneda continued onward down the path. He could hear the sounds of battle noises from behind him. He hoped Karela could take care of herself, as well as saving Asuka during the process.

"Stay focused, Dai. Surely we'd be nearing something by now." Kaneda finally spoke, after a long silence.

And finally they did reach something. They were facing a large, arch doorway, which revealed a large open room on the other side. It was difficult to determine what was on the other side; so Kaneda cautiously proceeded.

There seemed to be a blue illumination emiting from the darkened floors. It took him a while to realise his feet were submerged with water. Suddenly, the doors behind them closed shut. The room was lit with a blue tint being emited from the water below them.

"I've got a very bad feeling about this..." Kaneda muttered. The room they were standing in what turned out to be Great Hall, with a staircase up ahead. Straight ahead of them were two individuals, bothing wearing traditional Arashi robed uniforms. One of them submerged in the deepening water, with his head poking out. The other was standing on top of the water, like there was a floor beneath him. They both glared ahead at the intruders.

The hooded Arashi member standing on the water was the first to say something. "Hm Hm hm..." he chuckled. "Kajiki, your moment of retribution has finally arived."

Kajiki didnt say anything.

"You may be the new puppy around here, but you compromised our location by your own naivity and arrogance. Take them down, and we'll reconsider your future within this organisation."

Kaneda suddenly recognised the man submerged in the water. He was the one standing on the reef, firing the chakra projectiles at the submersibles. His skin was bone white. His hair was very wet and pulled back exposing his scalp. Although he was wearing the Arashi uniform, he appeared to be wearing nothing but pants. The rest of the robe seemed do be hanging from behind, floating in the water. The most distinctive feature about this individual, were these gashes on each side of the neck - gills, they appeared to be. That explained how he was able to survive underneath the water while he was attacking the submersibles.

He still didnt speak anything. The hooded member chuckled, and raised a finger towards Kaneda and the others. "Kill them..."
Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #1156
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

"Its not real Yoroi, we both know it. Takai's just afraid to fight you Yoroi and now he's trying to use your past to fight you." Takeda yelled.

For a moment Yoroi stared at Riko. It was a perfect replica in every way....

The Amekage smirked. "Damn right, Takeda!" he laughed, all six Paths charging straight at the clone of Riko. Before the Nightmare Clone could react, the Wind Path had driven a chakra disruptor blade straight into its chest, dispelling it.

"Takai, let me ask you something," the Six Paths spoke in unison, twelve Rinnegan glowing eerily. They began to surround Takai in a circular formation. "Did you honestly think that after learning my motivations I would fall for that? I killed to protect her honor and memory, because that is what she valued. Using my own technique to make a copy of that memory is as silly as it is insulting!"

The Shadow Path charged forward, swinging the Elemental Sword at Takai's head. Around them, the other five Paths drew blades.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #1157
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Asuka flew backward and hit the ground, after being hit with an exploding Kunai.

"Asuka! Think about the people your hurting by doing this! Think of what Takeda would think of your actions!"

Staggering up, she glared at Karela. "You and others have hurted me! Takeda's the one responsible for my Uncle's death! You'll all PAY!!!" Asuka created a black and grey spinning ball in her hand. This was Corrupted Rasengan. She ran towards Karela to strike her.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #1158
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Takeda's the one responsible for my Uncle's death! You'll all PAY!!!"

Karela watched in amazement as Asuka began to form a black and grey spinning orb in her hands.

I...I can't believe it. She managed to form some sort of dark version of the Rasengan. Takai is going to pay for what he taught her.

Karela snarled at Asuka and formed a bright blue Rasengan in her hand and ran at Asuka with all the speed she had.

She's been brainwashed just like I was. The only way to bring her back is to somehow show her the truth.

"Kill them..."

Dai smiled slightly. This room was filled with water and water conducted electricity. He knew a few techniques that were elerctric based.

"Well Kaneda, do we have a plan or do we just run in there and hit them with everything?"

Last edited by Chevron 7 locke; 03-24-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #1159
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Takeda smirked as Yoroi laughed at Takai's attempt to mess with him.

"Did you honestly think that after learning my motivations I would fall for that? I killed to protect her honor and memory, because that is what she valued. Using my own technique to make a copy of that memory is as silly as it is insulting!"

Takeda watched Yoroi use his paths to surround Takai. He was proud to fight alongside Yoroi who Takeda valued not only as a friend but as a mentor to him. Takeda even clapped his hands as he watched the the elemental sword struck Takai. Takeda suddenly felt a large amount of pressure on his back. When he turned he saw nothing but the room he had come from. When he turned around he was face to face with Takai.

"Surprise!" Takai shouted as he kicked Takeda to the ground.

Within the time it took Yoroi to swing the sword, Takai had dodged it, got behind Takeda twice and kicked him. Takai laughed and cloned himself, one Takai turned his attention to Yoroi and the other waited for Takeda. Takai raised his sword into the air and a large black line of energy formed in front of the blade. Takaki swung his sword and the black energy was launched off the sword towards the clones.

"Tell me something Yoroi," Takai said knowing Yoroi would survive his attack. "Why use all your strength now fighting me when you haven't even fought the Arashi members in this base yet?"

"Takeda's the one responsible for my Uncle's death! You'll all PAY!!!"

He's brainwashed her...

"Asuka that was your father, he was a bad man. I would never do anything to hurt you or your uncle. Takai's just using you, he doesn't care about you. But we do because we're your friends." Takeda yelled over to Asuka.

"We both know that's not true Takeda. I was lucky enough to save Asuka before you had a chance to get her too." Takai said mocking him.

Last edited by Cyborg Ninja; 03-24-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #1160
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Damn, he's still quite fast, Yoroi thought as he saw Takai knock Takeda to the ground. If I don't do something about this, Takeda and I are both screwed.

"Tell me something Yoroi," Takai said knowing Yoroi would survive his attack. "Why use all your strength now fighting me when you haven't even fought the Arashi members in this base yet?"

"Shinra Tensei," the Shadow Path proclaimed, holding up a hand and launching the black energy back at Takai. Meanwhile, the other paths threw their chakra disruptor blades at the clone. The Water Path appeared right above the clone and did a kick at its head. The Earth Path appeared behind the clone and did a kick to the back. The last three appeared and made a triangular surrounding formation.

"Why, you ask?" said the Shadow Path to Takai. "Because we never finished our fight from earlier, and if I am going to go on and fight the Arashi I'll do it with you out of the way. Chibaku Tensei!"

As Takai was about to block the reflected black energy, a gravity well formed around him and the earth beneath was pulled towards it....

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Shinobi