lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: LucasArts Posters
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #761
teamneedle
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Hey Guys- I'm glad i found this Forum-

I have a poster that I don't really know the origins of-

the only info i have found is that it is a lucasfilms games poster maybe from 1995-

I bought it and then had it mounted and framed- lost my job, so i may try to sale it at some point despite how awesome it is-

any ideas as to the official source of this one?

here are some pics-







http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1862/screenshot20110824at111.png

Last edited by Gabez; 12-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.
teamneedle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #762
s-island
Music man
 
s-island's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,081
The International House of Mojo Staff 
I don't know if that's where it's originally from, but the only other place I've seen this painting is on the sell sheet for The Empire Strikes Back Nintendo game.
Your version may an alternative one. I'm interested in buying it if you're going to sell

http://s-island.mixnmojo.com/stuff/esbsellsheet.JPG

Last edited by Gabez; 12-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.
s-island is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #763
teamneedle
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-island View Post
I don't know if that's where it's originally from, but the only other place I've seen this painting is on the sell sheet for The Empire Strikes Back Nintendo game.
Your version may an alternative one. I'm interested in buying it if you're going to sell

http://s-island.mixnmojo.com/stuff/esbsellsheet.JPG
awesomely impressive response-

the source i found said stated it is from 1995 but didn't say anything else-

I am really debating in my head wether or not I want to sell it-

Last edited by Gabez; 12-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.
teamneedle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #764
s-island
Music man
 
s-island's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,081
The International House of Mojo Staff 
Well, it's definitely older than 1995 as the game is from 1992: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...Back_(NES_game)
s-island is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #765
cksubs
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
That AT-AT poster is awesome!
cksubs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #766
teamneedle
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-island View Post
Well, it's definitely older than 1995 as the game is from 1992: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...Back_(NES_game)
no doubt, i meant to infer that the 1995 date was incorrect-
teamneedle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #767
cksubs
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
Two of the "NES game" versions are on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPIRE-STRIKES-B...ht_1671wt_1396

I'd be much more interested in one without the text/screenshots.
cksubs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #768
teamneedle
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksubs View Post
Two of the "NES game" versions are on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPIRE-STRIKES-B...ht_1671wt_1396

I'd be much more interested in one without the text/screenshots.
mine is up there too- i changed the title to reflect the info i received today-

I have it up at a high price because i don't even know if i really want to sell it-

i guess someone can make an offer and i will debate it-
teamneedle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #769
cksubs
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamneedle View Post
mine is up there too- i changed the title to reflect the info i received today-

I have it up at a high price because i don't even know if i really want to sell it-

i guess someone can make an offer and i will debate it-
Link, FYI:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Em...-/150642352579

No need to justify the price. Never seen one before, if someone really wants it they'll jump on it.

If someone does buy it, please scan it and post it here before shipping it off
cksubs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #770
teamneedle
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksubs View Post
Link, FYI:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Em...-/150642352579

No need to justify the price. Never seen one before, if someone really wants it they'll jump on it.

If someone does buy it, please scan it and post it here before shipping it off
what is the best method for scanning large posters that you guys have found to work the best?

I also have a THX 1138 poster framed and it is just freaking awesome- I am absolutely keeping that one but i may upload some pics of it when i get it out of storage-

I have an Abyss framed poster that is rad as well, not exactly a lucas production but interesting none the less-

def appreciate all the comments today!
teamneedle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #771
jolis
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to all of the contributors to these forums and this thread in particular.

The work that has been shared here is amazing and it's been a wild trip down memory lane seeing all of these great games brought back to life with your artistic efforts.

It makes me happy knowing there are other people out there that share my passion for these games.

I was curious if anyone else was having problems downloading the full throttle artwork?

It seems that most anything hosted on www.rapidspread.com, no longer links.

I have scrubbed the forum for alternative links to the full throttle artwork and I was unable to find any that work.

Is anyone able to please repost the full throttle artwork?

edit: It seems anything on www.rapidspread.com no longer links through.

Last edited by jolis; 08-25-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Further detail
jolis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #772
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolis View Post
I have scrubbed the forum for alternative links to the full throttle artwork and I was unable to find any that work.
Instead of scrubbing the forum you should have just read the first post more carefully, especially where it says "Direct download links: Adventure-Treff"

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #773
jolis
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
Instead of scrubbing the forum you should have just read the first post more carefully, especially where it says "Direct download links: Adventure-Treff"
Just took me to school

Thank you Laserschwert!
jolis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #774
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Just stumbled across this on Google:



A preliminary sketch for Steve's "Hit the Road" cover.

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #775
cksubs
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
Just stumbled across this on Google:



A preliminary sketch for Steve's "Hit the Road" cover.
Cool! I like this one better:


More here:
http://www.comicartfans.com/comic-ar...ve_purcell.asp
cksubs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #776
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
But that one wasn't a LucasArts-cover

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #777
jacuzi
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 25
Does anyone have any clue about the origin of this kind of MI2 poster:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/monkey-...iste/190163210

The seller only said that he obtained it from some foreign country and the paper is thickier than normal print paper.
There is white broders around the poster.

Does anyone know where the same image can be found?
Same image than on the game box cover, but no system requirements and the LucasArts Lucasfilm games text.

Could this be an official poster of some sort?

The seller also sold the same kind of poster of MI1 a month ago:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/185527735

Thanks!
jacuzi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #778
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Those are only the usual "fakes" (just like mine) showing up on eBay every now and then. Would be interesting to see the quality of those...

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #779
s-island
Music man
 
s-island's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,081
The International House of Mojo Staff 
So, nobody's been able to track down the original posters and scanned them yet?
s-island is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #780
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Was there an official one for MI2 anyway?

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #781
CHAOSMAN
 
CHAOSMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 71
Shame I provide Grim fandango poster scan here for everyone and now people selling cheap prints on ebay passing them off as real lol.

anyways cant wait for that grim mural. Such a fine piece of art
CHAOSMAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #782
elTee
beatnik
 
elTee's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cheltenham, England
Posts: 2,913
The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
Was there an official one for MI2 anyway?
Not that I'm aware of


LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #783
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOSMAN View Post
Shame I provide Grim fandango poster scan here for everyone and now people selling cheap prints on ebay passing them off as real lol.
I'm sorry about that as well, but after all there's no way to prevent them from doing that. But also I think it doesn't really matter if people on eBay are making money off of them, or the online poster services do... only the latter ones have (probably) higher quality. To me the most important thing is to have these artworks get out there for people to enjoy.

And thanks so much again for going through the hassle of having it scanned I'm sure people appreciate it as much as I do!

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #784
CHAOSMAN
 
CHAOSMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
I'm sorry about that as well, but after all there's no way to prevent them from doing that. But also I think it doesn't really matter if people on eBay are making money off of them, or the online poster services do... only the latter ones have (probably) higher quality. To me the most important thing is to have these artworks get out there for people to enjoy.

And thanks so much again for going through the hassle of having it scanned I'm sure people appreciate it as much as I do!
Laserschwert exactly! I'm excited all the Grim Fans get to enjoy the poster. There was no way I could hold out too much longer without having everyone else enjoy it as well. Thanks again for you commitment to get all these great rare posters up for us. Its a thankless job but you are making many people happy! Cheers
CHAOSMAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #785
Toddas
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5
Laserschwert, I just wanted to say again, thank you so much for all your great work! The Grim poster just looks beautiful on my wall.

How's the Grim mural coming a long? PosterDog have 50% off canvas prints this week... :P
Toddas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #786
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Guess I won't have it finished in time for that deal

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #787
whipwarrior
Rookie
 
whipwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlantis
Posts: 88
Current Game: Fate of Atlantis
This thread reminded me that I have an original 1993 LucasArts poster for Super Empire Strikes Back, printed on very dense cardboard. It's been stored in a poster tube with my other Star Wars posters since the late 90's; Slight edge wear and minor surface scratches due to age, but otherwise in good condition. If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to part with it for a reasonable price. PM if interested.


Sophia Hapgood does my bidding.

Last edited by whipwarrior; 01-09-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: image link broken
whipwarrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #788
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"
 
Udvarnoky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,405
The International House of Mojo Staff 
This thread is like being hogpiled by awesome.

Can I recommend the the Maniac Mansion bulletin board being tossed into the queue as a worthy candidate for high-rezification by someone with the scanning hardware?
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #789
Scummbuddy
 
Scummbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: United States of America
Posts: 448
I can't believe how bad I've let ManiacZombies get. And stopping halfway through a rebuild of the site has left it even worse. Ugh! Work for Saturday.

I don't seem to have a higher rez version of that bulletin board than what Mixnmojo has, but I do have a document of all the text on the board.

Oh, and for fun, lets look at the less exciting bulletin board from NES.

(Click for large, blue, version)

Scummbuddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #790
Sopabuena
 
Sopabuena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 70
I'm really torn about printing either the Maniac Mansion poster or the DOTT Star Wars with credits (I only have one free spot on my wall). The MM one looks less "gamey" and has a cool reto feel.
Sopabuena is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #791
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Print them back to back and flip it once in a while.

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #792
Scummbuddy
 
Scummbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: United States of America
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
Is there a chance anybody here from the US could buy this and have it scanned?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-TIE-FI...-/400119516873

Still need this? I didn't know if someone else may have sent you a version. I'm ready to go if you say so.

Scummbuddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 AM   #793
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Then: GO!

Still need it...

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #794
istry555
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Hi, I only recently found this thread and want to thank you for the great work with the posters. I've already had a few printed and love them.

I have a small request if anyone has time, if not no big deal.

For the Monkey Island 2 posters, could someone take the logo (+number) from the logo version of the poster and impose it on the non logo version of the poster. I know this seems redundant but the no logo version of the poster has more detail and better coloring than the two versions with the logo. I really want to print out the best image for my poster as MI2 is my favorite game, but also want the logo on it. If not, or this isn't possible, thanks anyway.
istry555 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #795
ChefOfDeath
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Hi, I would like to print out the Simon the Sorcerer ones, but no link works. Could you upload them again?

Cheers
ChefOfDeath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #796
Laserschwert
 
Laserschwert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 1,076
Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by istry555 View Post
Hi, I only recently found this thread and want to thank you for the great work with the posters. I've already had a few printed and love them.

I have a small request if anyone has time, if not no big deal.

For the Monkey Island 2 posters, could someone take the logo (+number) from the logo version of the poster and impose it on the non logo version of the poster. I know this seems redundant but the no logo version of the poster has more detail and better coloring than the two versions with the logo. I really want to print out the best image for my poster as MI2 is my favorite game, but also want the logo on it. If not, or this isn't possible, thanks anyway.
Nah. While you're right that the logoless version looks a bit better, I doubt it's worth the effort, as the logo version till looks fine when printed. Also I'm lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefOfDeath View Post
Hi, I would like to print out the Simon the Sorcerer ones, but no link works. Could you upload them again?
There are links to direct downloads at the top of the opening post.

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #797
concord
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Hi guys
anyone know the name of this artist?

concord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #798
sinus
Rookie
 
sinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rostock, Germany
Posts: 145
You mean Darth Vader?


zeitgestalten.org ♪♫ adventure game soundtracks
sinus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #799
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket
 
ThunderPeel2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinus View Post
You mean Darth Vader?
I love that guy! I have all his albums!

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #800
Albo Abourt
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
I've find the courage (or the time to learn a foreign language) to post here a work I did 1 years ago, thanks to this thread. (thanks to n3mo segnalation)



(Oh! I've to fix DOTT's Poster :O)
Albo Abourt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > LucasArts Posters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.


LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.