lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: appearance.2da editing for custom character?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Question appearance.2da editing for custom character?

I'm trying to make a custom character (obviously). I've been looking at Darth333's guide on this subject, but I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to edit to make my character able to wear armor. Could anyone explain what I should do?
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
I'm trying to make a custom character (obviously). I've been looking at Darth333's guide on this subject, but I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to edit to make my character able to wear armor. Could anyone explain what I should do?
The best thing to do is copy the rows of a preexisting character, add those lines to the bottom, and make your edits from there.

Of coruse, if you want to do a custom character, depending if it is supposed to be used as a playable head, or not, either way you have to add rows to at least two 2da files, Appearance, Heads, and Portraits(this one only if it is a head for a pc).

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to edit
I don't know what to change them to. All you really told me was the best way to get to the point where I could "make your edits from there".
(Thanks anyway. I'm just trying to point out that I still need help.)
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
If I'm not mistaken, as I don't edit the appearance.2da file much myself, whether a character can wear armor is dictated by whether they have the corresponding armor proficiency. Assuming you do as Rtas Vadum suggested in copying an existing row for a human character, simply setting the armor proficiency feats should do the trick.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Admiral View Post
If I'm not mistaken, as I don't edit the appearance.2da file much myself, whether a character can wear armor is dictated by whether they have the corresponding armor proficiency. Assuming you do as Rtas Vadum suggested in copying an existing row for a human character, simply setting the armor proficiency feats should do the trick.

- Star Admiral
The armor proficiency is part of letting a character wear armor, but if the correct entries aren't in the appearance.2da(which if you copy preexisting rows, as i mentioned before, they will be), the feat won't matter much, since the game won't know to assign which armor model/texture to the character.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > appearance.2da editing for custom character?