lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hitman Absolution (Hitman 5)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hitman Absolution (Hitman 5)

So after being speculated about for a long time and recently teased to be appearing at this year's E3, Hitman 5 has been officially confirmed and named - Hitman: Absolution.

Reveal trailer:

View page
YouTube Video

Not much to go on there. The barcode at the end refers to Agent 47 and presumably the 110706 refers to June 7 this year - the start of E3. No doubt we'll learn more then.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 05-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
YES!

One of my absolute all-time favourite franchises back! I do hope they carry on where Blood Money left off this time, unlike the way it was done between Silent Assassin and Contracts (though very much like the lead in from the latter to Blood Money itself). I've been waiting for some official word for ages - thanks for posting Parametric.

Will have a reason to watch news out of E3 now - I'd like to see the weapon customisation kept on and a wee bit of graphical development from the last one.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I love the Hitman series, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Also lulz...

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Lol Mav - nice.

Interesting news that the game will use IO's Glacier 2 engine. I thought for sure it would be using the TR engine, just like Deus Ex 3.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I just want to be able to shoot the glass bottom of a jacuzzi, dropping the unsuspecting party-ers to their doom.... again.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
YES!
This! A thousand times this! I've been waiting for any kind of info about Hitman 5, so the phrase "Hell, it's about time" comes to mind after seeing the teaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
I do hope they carry on where Blood Money left off this time, unlike the way it was done between Silent Assassin and Contracts
The thing about those is that, as far as I've understood the plot - Contracts and Blood Money take place before Silent Assassin chronologically. It will be interesting to see if they continue with the pre-SA events or decide to switch a bit more forward.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
No, Blood Money takes place after Silent Assassin, not before. In Blood Money, the International Contract Agency is destroyed by the Franchise, while in Silent Assassin, the ICA still exists. And Contracts takes place during Blood Money.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Can. Not. Wait.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
No, Blood Money takes place after Silent Assassin, not before. In Blood Money, the International Contract Agency is destroyed by the Franchise, while in Silent Assassin, the ICA still exists. And Contracts takes place during Blood Money.
If you remember the ending of Blood Money, you know the ICA was rebuilt in the epilogue. Also Blood Money is a direct sequel to Contracts which starts right where the first Hitman game left off - in the secret labs of Dr. Ortmeyer's asylum, so I'm pretty sure it all happens before the events of Silent Assassin in which 47 was off the radar and out of the business for an unspecified period of time.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
lol, people are talking about the plot of Hitman.

Anyway, if this game can be as good as (or even better than) Blood Money, it's going to steal large portions of my life soon after it's released. A year or two ago, looking at Eidos, I'd have doubted the possibility, but hearing all the positive coverage of DX:HR (even by people who went in assuming the worst, given how DX fans got burned with IW), I'm growing more confident that Eidos can still make good games.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Except Eidos aren't making this. It's IO, same as all the other Hitman games. Eidos was only ever the publisher.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
A 17 minute video of the demo they have been showing at conferences and such the last few months, highlighting how awesome and cinematic the game is. Alas poor 47, I knew you well. Farewell.

View page
YouTube Video

Although the "police brutality" line was pretty funny.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
igyman
Tension!

Seen it last night. Basically, if this were Splinter Cell gameplay, I'd be thrilled, however since it's Hitman, I'm not so sure what to think. One thing that definitely ruins it for me (and that I just can't understand) is the fact that they changed 47's voice actor. There's an online petition to bring back David Bateson, 47's original VA, but I doubt it will have any effect. Signed it anyway, just in case.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It worked for Max Payne, so you never know I guess.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I thought the gameplay video was pretty cool. It showed off some neat stuff. Like when the one cop disappeared, the other cop made a comment about it. I want to know if that last bit on the train platform was a cinematic or in engine.

I hope they show off other levels soon.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
New series of trailers is coming out featuring key characters. The first is for Diana:

View page
YouTube Video

I haven't really been paying much attention to this, once I realised it was being changed into an Awesome Cinematic Experience™, so I'm not sure how much of the overarching plot has been detailed to date. I had thought from an earlier video that 47 would at some point try and save Diana, but now it seems he will be sent to kill her. Inevitable plot twist in the offing?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Hitman Absolution (Hitman 5)