lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan vs. Master Chief!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #41
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
well if u strip the force away from a jedi theyre no longer the same person so this would be master chief vs a random guy. if it was master chief without his augmentations and revan without the force then id be willing to discuss any results otherwise its just a stupid what if.

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #42
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
yeah dude, but revan is musclar as crap
Master Chief is encased in steel.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
well if u strip the force away from a jedi theyre no longer the same person so this would be master chief vs a random guy. if it was master chief without his augmentations and revan without the force then id be willing to discuss any results otherwise its just a stupid what if.
Yes but Revan has the advantage of being smart and strong, where random guy doesn't. Maybe not as strong as Master Chief, but still strong.
And if the Master Chief had no augmentations then it would be random guy Vs random guy and this thread would have no purpose.
I am giving very valid reasons as to why Revan would lose and nobody has been able to come up with anything solid to the contrary. So I will try to give some for the sake are argument.

Fight 1: Revan gets crushed by the Master Chief before he has a chance to fight. Chief grabs him buy the neck here by crushing it to splinters.

Fight 2: Revan manages to jump on to Chiefs back and rip his helmet off and twist the Chiefs head around snapping his neck.

Fight 3: Stalemate. They both get each other to the point where they would both die at the same time. This most likely to happen.

You see where as Master Chief has brute strength on his side. Revan has tactics on his. He would use his brain to come up with a way to beat him. Where as the Master Chief way would be to just go in and hit him so Meany times with his metal encased fists that Revan dies.
But the Brain and the brute strength equal out in the end causing a stalemate to happen

There now everyone can be happy. They both died because I threw a block of c4 at them while they were fighting and blew them both to hell

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #43
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxStar View Post
No way dude they're still crazy fit!
Anyone still playing TSL? Maybe a transcript of what K says in Telos when you're under house arrest or something- Its been a long time I'm sure she says something about without the Force, a Jedi is useless or something along those probably inaccurate lines.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #44
Druganator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Anyone still playing TSL? Maybe a transcript of what K says in Telos when you're under house arrest or something- Its been a long time I'm sure she says something about without the Force, a Jedi is useless or something along those probably inaccurate lines.
thats exactly what i was referring to man. if revan didnt have the force which is his galaxy's special ability then John shouldnt have his augmentations and super armour which is his galaxy's special ability.

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #45
Adavardes

Quote:
... You are aware that pretty much everything that the Exile does from that point onward is in complete contradiction to her statement? He/she proves that an absence in the Force is not inevitably helplessness, weakness, or death. That reliance on the power of the Force is not necessary for a man, or a jedi, to be everything they could ever be with it. As Visas said:

"While they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see hope for all life."

Revan was hardcore, and a lot of it had nothing to do with the Force. He had fought in a war and survived numerous attacks on his person. He had the physical constitution to withstand massive amounts of corruption in the Star Forge, and he's much more tactful and intelligent than a dumbass soldier with a big gun. Besides, Master Cheif is a shallow character in a shallow storyline that has little to no substance or worth. The Halo series will always be an over-hyped crapfest, and Master Cheif, a generic, one-liner-spewing idiot.

It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #46
Hawkstrong16

Revan would be far from useless.

Take good old Luke Skywalker for example. There were times he didn't have the force. And he was still able to kick some ass. Although he had the whole raised as a farm boy didn't have Jediness till later in life thing going for him, But still............

But ok. Chief has no armor,
Its just two random normal guys fighting each other.
Even fight, they both lose. The Master Chief is still stronger I imagine, But Revan is still just as smart as he was before. It is a true stalemate.

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #47
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
"Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster as they try to hold a lightsaber. And you will see nothing but a man, or a woman, a child. In many ways, even you are more capable than a Jedi. You could survive where they could not simply because you cannot hear the Force as they do. It is an irony of sorts, and that is why I tolterate your presence now."

That may not be the EXACT wording she used, but I'm confident it's fairly close.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #48
Adavardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo-Man 07 View Post
Even fight, they both lose. The Master Chief is still stronger I imagine, But Revan is still just as smart as he was before. It is a true stalemate.
Not really. At all.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #49
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes View Post
... You are aware that pretty much everything that the Exile does from that point onward is in complete contradiction to her statement? He/she proves that an absence in the Force is not inevitably helplessness, weakness, or death. That reliance on the power of the Force is not necessary for a man, or a jedi, to be everything they could ever be with it. As Visas said:

"While they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see hope for all life."
That would fly, if the discussion were about The Exile versus Master Chief.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #50
Adavardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
That would fly, if the discussion were about The Exile versus Master Chief.
Read the second half of the post.

I said all that to contend his use of it as a reason why Revan would be useless in a fight, and to support why even without the Force, Revan would still be a very capable individual.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #51
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Read the second half of the post.
But there's no way for sure of knowing if any of that was truly without The Force.

It does bind and surround all life, after all.

It's all interpretation, really, but i'll overcome my extreme dislike of Revan where Master Chief is involved.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #52
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Besides, Master Cheif is a shallow character in a shallow storyline that has little to no substance or worth. The Halo series will always be an over-hyped crapfest, and Master Cheif, a generic, one-liner-spewing idiot.
Quoted for absolute truth.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #53
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Master Cheif, a generic, one-liner-spewing idiot.
And on the other side we have Revan who couldn't so much as speak a line without prompting the player (and even then it seems everyone guessed what he said, since he/she never spoke at all). Tough competition, folks.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #54
Hawkstrong16

I have to say we should all just gang up and kill them both! A little C4 and some creative thinking and we could end the problem once and for all. Since no one likes either one of them that much.

Whos with me?!?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #55
Druganator

i think if master chief had his shield and armor on hed be able to take a few hits and revan would just use force wave

Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #56
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
And on the other side we have Revan who couldn't so much as speak a line without prompting the player (and even then it seems everyone guessed what he said, since he/she never spoke at all). Tough competition, folks.
QFE

The reason why so many people like Halo is because it's not overrated, it actually *is* that good a game. Lets face it, bugs and continuity aren't exactly a strong point of GL or LA now are they? .

And if we're going to get picky on the details of this alleged fight, what level is Revan? Abit uneven now, seeing as MC owns from the start without having to remember who he even is.

Oh yes, I did.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #57
Druganator

im with you on that part. while i appreciate rpgs i also like a good fps and halo has a decent story. it may be cliche but its still fairly original if you dont believe me read the books. i love everything about star wars but i still appreciate the Halo series for being playable by five year olds and being enjoyable for 50 year olds.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Neither. The black hole would swallow them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
No it's HK vs. the lion from Wizard of Oz.
HK-47 vs. the Tin Woodman is more like it.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #59
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Talon Karrde's goatee versus teenage Macaulay Culkin's acne.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #60
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

karrde wins.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #61
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
There is no competition. Master Chief would just take off his mask and blind Revan with his awesomeness {everyone else would be blind too, nobody is supposed to know what's under the mask}

Also, Revan would be unable to contend with the will of a battle rifle.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #62
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Before the Chief could take off his helmet, Revan would just speak words. Out loud. And everyone within earshot would die from decompression when their eyes explode from the awesome calm and soothing gentleness of Revan's voice.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #63
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Hmmm, but the Chief could just deploy one of those cool shield grenades....and it would somehow protect him...hee heee

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #64
Kj°len
Resident Polak

The bubble shields can only protect the Chief from matter. It would only amplify the aforementioned properties of Revan's voice.

―Kj°len

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #65
Admiral Buttercrust
Rookie

Current Game: Saints Row 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
Revan casts Drew Karpyshyn, Jesus casts God

Jesus wins
OOOOooOH, running to daddy for help!?
Can't take the big guy yourself!?

I should really try cheesecake someday...
Admiral Buttercrust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #66
Fredi
El Guapo

Dude!!! ... Revan of-course!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #67
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
OOOOooOH, running to daddy for help!?
Can't take the big guy yourself!?
if by daddy you mean God, He'd be running to Himself.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #68
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
^I lol'd. Because, that is right...

No more of this running buisness. He "transforms."

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Revan vs. Master Chief!