Thread: SWTOR Most Highly Anticipated MMO
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb SWTOR Most Highly Anticipated MMO

According to ZAM.com readers at least. SWTOR was voted the most anticipated MMO at a solid 39.6%. Not that this comes as a surprise to anyone as SWTOR has been highly publicized especially with EA’s and LucasArts’ comments about being as big or bigger than WoW. Other MMOs that readers voted for [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Not to anyone's surprise, I'd guess. SWTOR is backed by a killer IP, which in turn gets it a lot of publicity. BioWare does a lot to keep it that way. The KotOR games being a huge hit must raise the hopes as well.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Certainly, it is the MMO I am most looking forward too. Of course, it helps that I'm only aware of two - SWTOR and Star Trek Online!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
I smell a Lucasforums poll in the future.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Swanea
Rookie

While I am happy that a game/company wants to stand up to the giant that is WoW, I would wonder if much of anything could.

There are very few IPs/Games/Storys that can touch Warcraft right now. There are over 6 million asian players in wow. I know Star Wars is huge everywhere,people of all ages, but...That is a ton of people.

And to compare or beat a game like wow, they will need to be similar to WoW, yet better (Most likely). Yes, they could try a new direction, like many games that came out recently and have 200,000 people or so.

Super Casual friendly, Easy to understand gear upgrades/easy ability to get them, Graphics that can run on older computers, an easy to use chat/UI/Menu/Website.

Anyways, blah blah blah I know. I do hope they can put a large dent, if not remove WoW from the top. But it is going to take some work.
Swanea is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
I smell a Lucasforums poll in the future.
No, no, this is a Star Wars place......you sense a poll in the future

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > SWTOR Most Highly Anticipated MMO