lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Skinning Problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Skinning Problems

I have 2 skinning problems 4 TSL

1. Character reskinning. I'm making a unique NPC Jedi. I reskinned the robes but can't get the appearance 2da adjustments to work, ie. change Texa and Texb to new unique .tga file. The npc's body is white. The reskin will work if in overide folder, but I don't want the change to encompass all. I followed instructs from a few threads, but it didnt work.

2. Working on new module mod. Reskinning the module (Kor411-Sith Tomb). Similar question as above, where do I put the new tga files so they don't overide the original module. Do I have to rename all files (tex, lighting, etc.) under a new module name? Darth Insiduos lost me on his tutorial and Doc Valentine didn't cover it.
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Eefluxx

As for the first problem if you don't want the robes to change every robe I think you would need to make a uti for your robe and have it point to your texture, and when putting the name in the texa and texb or whichever tex you need to leave off the numbers at the end of the tga name (ie. pmjb01 just needs to show pmjb in tex#)

As for the second problem , I have never dealt with reskinning a module but I would think you would have to rename it as well and I think they would go in the modules folder.
I am not 100% sure especially on the module part, someone with more experiance could probably show you a better and easier way

Eefluxx

Feel Free To Disagree.....Most People Do Anyways
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eefluxx View Post
As for the first problem if you don't want the robes to change every robe I think you would need to make a uti for your robe and have it point to your texture, and when putting the name in the texa and texb or whichever tex you need to leave off the numbers at the end of the tga name (ie. pmjb01 just needs to show pmjb in tex#)

As for the second problem , I have never dealt with reskinning a module but I would think you would have to rename it as well and I think they would go in the modules folder.
I am not 100% sure especially on the module part, someone with more experiance could probably show you a better and easier way

Eefluxx
Leaving off the numbers did it. Thanks Eefluxx. Just need help with the modules now.
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Skinning Problems