Thread: Threat of Peace, Issue #2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
jrrtoken

Threat of Peace, Issue #2

Link

spoiler:
I really like the art in this segment, espeically the Sith Troopers. Their armor looks like a hybrid of Darth Vader's suit and clone trooper armor. Hopefully that is the final design in the game.

Last edited by jrrtoken; 03-14-2009 at 08:40 AM.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Well, it's not the fastest-advancing story ever, but intriguing nonetheless.

However,

Show spoiler

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Show spoiler

So far so good, I say. I'm quite enjoying this.

Did anyone hear about the upcoming The Old Republic novel to be released around the time the game is released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Not bad. What really confuses me is that Clone Armour was already existing in this era. I miss the Old Republic Sith and Republic uniforms, those were pretty cool.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
Not bad. What really confuses me is that Clone Armour was already existing in this era. I miss the Old Republic Sith and Republic uniforms, those were pretty cool.
It doesn't confuse me. Just annoys me. If we go by these pictures, the Clone Armor didn't change that much in 3,000 years, while Sith Trooper Armor from the KotOR's lasted perhaps 50 years or so. But it annoys me even more that the armor is just designed like that to appeal to the Clone Wars fans, to make it recognizable to everyone, instead of keeping to the Era.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
It doesn't confuse me. Just annoys me. If we go by these pictures, the Clone Armor didn't change that much in 3,000 years, while Sith Trooper Armor from the KotOR's lasted perhaps 50 years or so. But it annoys me even more that the armor is just designed like that to appeal to the Clone Wars fans, to make it recognizable to everyone, instead of keeping to the Era.
This is my problem precisely with the artwork. In that sense it doesn't really bode well for an entirely original experience that is not catered to the casual fan.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Somebody wake me up when they actually do something original in Star Wars.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Somebody wake me up when they actually do something original in Star Wars.
TSL was original, in my opinion...

Old 03-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I've said more than enough about it on the official forums but... the lack of creativity in this comic is all to clear. The old Republic is my favorite era for every reason not shown in this comic. I dont care what people say but that is EXACT replica Clone Armor minus a slight difference in the helm maybe... and regardless of Mandalorian influence on said armor at certain points in the continuity it's drab, boring and done to death, and by making the army wear that... I feel Clone Wars the MMO comin on /rant

adamqd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
TSL was original, in my opinion...
I'm talking about this comic, not TSL. I see nothing original here, save for a few random minutiae in the storyline. They screwed up big time in the visual department here with rip-off Imperial uniforms, rip-off soldier armor on both sides, who knows what else in the future, not to mention the collection of one-liners they try to pass off as dialogue.

And most of what is sort of original is moronic, such as this whole treaty with the Sith thing. If I may quote someone else:
Quote:
Are you ****ing kidding me? Did some one just write a Jedi saying; "We were fools to trust the Sith"? Have these people even heard of Star Wars before they got this job? "Yeah, our sworn enemy for thousands and thousands of years that has brought war to the galaxy at every opportunity, and brought the Jedi to the brink of extinction multiple times... sure, lets trust you. Lets sign a treaty... WHAT THE ****?! YOU TURNED ON US AND BROKE THE TREATY?!?! That is SO not like you!"

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I'm talking about this comic, not TSL. I see nothing original here, save for a few random minutiae in the storyline. They screwed up big time in the visual department here with rip-off Imperial uniforms, rip-off soldier armor on both sides, who knows what else in the future, not to mention the collection of one-liners they try to pass off as dialogue.
You said Star Wars, I thought you were talking about Star Wars as a whole. My bad.

I agree with what you and adamqd said. The whole thing is painful to watch. I'm not complaining about the art, to be honest, only with the designs of the armor, like I said before. But the whole treaty between Jedi and Sith is indeed one of the most incomprehensible decisions by story writers in this universe. Normally, I'd wait to judge something until I've seen the whole picture, but I don't think there's anything here that can possibly justify this action.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I agree that the trooper armor is not very original and neither is the Sith Lord's armor which looks near identical to Malak. I'd much rather see the kind of Republic outfits we saw in KotOR than clones of...clones.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I've been discussing these points on the forum, and most of the arguments for the clone armor are reflective of the kind of players an MMO will draw.

with statements like "Stop bitchin adamqd! Maybe in the 1000 years since kotOR, there has been a boom in technology like WWII and things have stayed the same for the 12 years till the birth of Yoda? (BBY LOLZ)"

I'm losing faith brothers!

adamqd is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #14
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
with statements like "Stop bitchin adamqd! Maybe in the 1000 years since kotOR, there has been a boom in technology like WWII and things have stayed the same for the 12 years till the birth of Yoda? (BBY LOLZ)"
Please make it stop.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
I like this comment:

Quote:
about sith troopers armour's- they doesnt change specially since KotoR II
i wont be angry if dev use Shadow Warrior and Royal Senate guard armour's for sith empire
lmao
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Those comments make D: and facepalm.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
Those comments make D: and facepalm.
Those comments make me lose the little faith I have in the human race.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 AM   #18
Dark Obi-Wan
Rookie

Current Game: Fable II
I don't think I like were this is going. The Sith armor says "VADER" too much and the Sith Lord looks too simple!

Dark Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #19
True_Avery
Banned

While the armor in the comic seems to be recycled (not surprised at all considering Star Wars comics borrow off of each other all the time), at least the game armor does not seem to be as much.

Still parallels between, but the armor in the game is just stylized enough to have a unique flavor. Still would have preferred the KOTOR 1 look, but I can take what they give me. It's still a step up from most MMO's.

But yes, whoever is writing this comic needs to get their head out of the sand.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 AM   #20
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Awwwww and here I was planning on calling the sith bucketheads

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Threat of Peace, Issue #2

Tags
comic, tor