lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: How You Like Revan...
Darkside Revan 17 21.79%
Lightside Revan 32 41.03%
Both 17 21.79%
Niether 8 10.26%
I Don't Care 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Darth Revan Or Master Revan
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Darth~Revan
Rookie
 
Darth~Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Camanche, California
Posts: 44
Post Darth Revan Or Master Revan

Hey everyone....Its Me Darth~Revan....mwuahahahahahahahaha just kidding.

Anyways i wanted to talk about Revan.
We kno as the Canon says Revan was supposed to go lightside in KOTOR but do to many of our imaginations we can choose where Revan's life goes.

well the meaning to this thread is to ask....How do you think revan's life was like to YOUR OPINIONS afterthe battle on the StarForge and prior to revan's disapearance.


give me your thoughts on both Lightside Revan and my personal favorite....darkside Revan.


"What can I say? I'm a talented individual."---Darth Revan
Darth~Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
Jedi Master Aagin
Rookie
 
Jedi Master Aagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 188
lightsided, as always.
well, he has been a darksider before, look what happened to him? nearly killed by his best friend.
i think he learned his lesson that time.


There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the force.
Jedi Master Aagin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Darth~Revan
Rookie
 
Darth~Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Camanche, California
Posts: 44
true but now(if he's dark again) he has a lover....Bastila...and sith or no thats something most ppl cant break.


"What can I say? I'm a talented individual."---Darth Revan
Darth~Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
Burnseyy
Forumite
 
Burnseyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 534
[spoilers maybe] For some reason it says I've already voted here, but I haven't lol. Lame.

Anyway, I voted neither. I think after the Star Forge, since Bastila says his memories come back and goes to the Unknown Regions, I think Revan falls to a state of 'grey jedi'. Having two pasts, and leaving his friends behind, I think he changes, and possibly has a bit of Darth Revan in him, but has learned from his mistakes.


"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."



Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Yoda.

_EW_



PS. Lightside Revan. and Goodbye, btw.



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 07-25-2008 at 07:24 PM.
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable
 
Arátoeldar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Karningul
Posts: 1,574
Lightsided Female Reven because the Carth love story is much better then the Bastila one


Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
TheExile
Junior Member
 
TheExile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coruscant
Posts: 342
Lol, imo: Revan=grey jedi, thus my vote: neither

^Weird, no?


*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 AM   #8
Istorian
Junior Member
 
Istorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back at LF
Posts: 378
Helpful! 
Lightside Revan, because......I don't know the reason. I just prefer a lightside Revan!!!!

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I don't care about Revan's alignment. The only problems with female Revan that I can think of is the Carth romance and the sometimes-suggested Juhani romance. Face it: Carth's brain matches that of a borderline nutcase; he can't make decisions for himself and he's incapable of associating with the other crewmembers like a normal human being. And Juhani is... Juhani. If that isn't simple enough, there's nothing more I can say.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #10
Hawkstrong16
Junior Member
 
Hawkstrong16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 313
Both, Revan is a gray Jedi like the others have said, he dose his own thing and he kicks ass doing it.


Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature


May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Lightside. Just because he is a lightsider doesn't mean that he can't love Bastila.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #12
Meowster
Junior Member
 
Meowster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 293
Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Meh, it changes. Since my Revan is usually female, sometimes I go dark (and use the mod that restores the cut ending) and use that as my canon. Only problem is no one is left living. :/
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran
 
Serpentine Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Not there yet.
Posts: 879
Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
I prefer lightside Revan, because it makes for a more hopeful story.


Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Darth krunchy
Rookie
 
Darth krunchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shermer, Illinois
Posts: 91
LS.

It's the way it's supposed to be.

Anyway, I just like playing the good guy.


My diapers have gone over to the dark side.
Darth krunchy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie
 
Ascendant_Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 140
Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
I came into this thread thinking I'd vote lightside because it's canonical and I'm usually gray-good in any game. However, after reading the posts, I voted both.

First off, I don't think Revan ever fell to the dark side to begin with, but rather used the dark side and the Star Forge in an attempt to "override" the Republic with a militaristically stronger empire to defend against the True Sith, no? In that sense, I like him as a "dark" jedi because he used the dark side purely as a tool for the greater good.

I also like him as a "light" jedi because I much prefer lightside to darkside. Revan being a lightsider throughout KotOR is also canonical, and, following that, he was still willing and able to save the Republic when he regained his identity and realized his empire was no longer serving its original purpose.

For these reasons, I too see Revan more as a gray jedi than anything else. Revan uses both extremes of the force as he sees fit, but never succumbs to either. He would become a "dark" jedi again if it meant defeating the True Sith.
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #16
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I like him as a "dark" jedi because he used the dark side purely as a tool for the greater good.
I don't think that's the proper word to describe him/her with. Dark Jedi is specifically a term which refers to a Jedi who turns to the dark side and/or rejects the light but is not a member of any Sith Order. However, it also works as a general term for any force wielder who follows the Dark Side and is not a member of any of the prominent force-using organizations (such as the Sith).


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #17
GodsillY
Rookie
 
GodsillY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Outer Rim
Posts: 72
I liked lightside Revan better I don't know why at all honestly but I did so that's what I voted for. I think it makes sense that Revan would become a "grey" jedi though just because of the past of Revan, I dunno.
GodsillY is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #18
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden
 
Gurges-Ahter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parker, TX
Posts: 953
Interestingly, I prefer to play as LS Revan, but I am more interested in Darth Revan's character prior to K1.


Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
I say neither. I wouldn't say Revan was ever evil... he was like the Ghengis Khan of the Star Wars Universe. Although Khan was regarded as one of the most evil men in history, many don't acknowledge his military and political brilliance. Khan's empire was cruel to enemies, but introduced law and stability to Asia.

I think Revan had the same mindset as Khan that the only way to safeguard the civilizations under the Republic, the good of the many eclipsed the needs of the few. Trying to protect everyone's rights would have put everyone at risk.

I think he was always a potentium force user.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #20
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I think you complement Revan a little too much with that hypothesis.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #21
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I think you complement Revan a little too much with that hypothesis.
When he joined the Mando wars, at least then it fits perfectly. Anything Vrook said about Revan using the war for propaganda was just a lie he told to shift blame away from the Council. Revan did the right thing and the galaxy was better off with the sith war than a Mandalorian victory.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #22
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Revan did the right thing and the galaxy was better off with the sith war than a Mandalorian victory.
I seriously doubt that the Mandalorians were an enormous threat as you seem to claim. The majority of their entire fleet was destroyed in a single battle.

Besides, even if their ships and men were as numerous as the Republic, saying that a Sith war was better than a Mandalorian victory is a flawed statement in several respects. Namely, the fact that you don't know what actually would've happened if Revan and his/her band of hooligans hadn't left. Therefore, you don't know how the war would've gone. You can say that the Mandalorians would've won, but that's another presumption. It's possible, but lots of things are possible. If you're saying that the body count of Revan's war was smaller, then that's just misinformation. Revan and his Sith had no more objections to the genocide of planetary populations than Mandalore had.

Quote:
Revan did the right thing
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Revan killed thousands of his own soldiers even before the Battle of Malachor. You say the Council let millions of citizens die. What's the difference between that Revan's strategy: deliberately abandoning the populations of entire planets in order to use the subsequent massacre as a morale booster? Revan used the entire war as a tool to corrupt the Republic military and [more importantly] his Jedi followers to the dark side by deliberately staging bloody massacres of civilians and troops of both sides. Winning the war and protecting the citizens on the Outer Rim were secondary at best to that goal.

Better than a Mandalorian victory? Revan's Jedi Civil War easily doubled the body count of the previous war, and there's little reason to doubt that a sizable chunk of the casualties suffered in the Mandalorian Wars were his own doing. Good thing the citizens on Telos, the troops at Malachor, and the people at other worlds had Revan to "save" them.

Saying that Revan never fell/turned to the dark side is absurd because it goes against the established fundamental nature of the Force and how it works. Under Revan's leadership, the Republic military let planets die, and under his leadership, the Sith killed planets. The closest thing to saying that Revan never fell without damaging continuity is that he chose to turn/fall for the perceived good of the galaxy.

Quote:
Anything Vrook said about Revan using the war for propaganda was just a lie he told to shift blame away from the Council.
Yeah, I'm sure Vrook was excusing himself from Council meetings all day long so that he could secretly go back to maniacal laughter and evil Snidely Whiplash mustache-twirling in his personal quarters, so no one else would see how dastardly he is for blaming Revan for his/her actions.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 08-07-2008 at 11:37 AM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie
 
Ascendant_Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 140
Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
I think it would be more precise to say the majority of the remainder of the Mandalorian Fleet was destroyed at Malachor. Republic forces under Revan were kicking their tails long before then. The Mandalorian fleet was much more numerous before Revan began his campaigns against them.

The matter of whether or not the galaxy is better off with a Sith victory or Mandalorian victory is just a matter of opinion. There are tons of people in the galaxy that actually prefer the Sith to the Republic itself simply because of the Republic's alleged complacency and inability to defend itself. I'm sure there are people that sympathize with the Mandalorians as well, albeit much less than the Sith, I imagine. In lieu of having an actual opinion to which would end up "better", I'd argue that a Mandalorian victory wouldn't even last. I doubt the Mandalorians would be able to implement a viable form of government under their Mandalore system that would be capable of governing thousands of systems in sectors and territories and keep them all in line. All the Mandalorians really wanted was a worthy fight. I don't think they much cared about what happened to the galaxy afterwards. That zeal was likely the very reason they were manipulated by the True Sith in the first place, if they indeed were.

It is entirely possible that the Republic could have repelled the Mandalorians without Revan's help. The Jedi Council likely would have intervened, given time. It's also possible, however, that the Republic would have been swiftly annihilated. As stated, there's really no way of knowing. All Revan did was choose to take action on the Jedi's sense of a larger, unknown, threat, instead of waiting like the Council. Remember, also, that there are other factors besides total victory or total loss. Even if the Council did intervene later on, and the Republic did eventually emerge victorious, it could have easily been shattered beyond governing capability. Under the present circumstances, Revan certainly seems to have been the Republic's saving grace. His victory against the Mandalorians both spared the Republic and left it in tact.
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #24
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Besides, even if their ships and men were as numerous as the Republic, saying that a Sith war was better than a Mandalorian victory is a flawed statement in several respects. Namely, the fact that you don't know what actually would've happened if Revan and his/her band of hooligans hadn't left. Therefore, you don't know how the war would've gone. You can say that the Mandalorians would've won, but that's another presumption. It's possible, but lots of things are possible. If you're saying that the body count of Revan's war was smaller, then that's just misinformation. Revan and his Sith had no more objections to the genocide of planetary populations than Mandalore had.
Virtually everyone on both sides said Revan turned the tide. If there were some who would claim otherwise... other than the jedi... then you would have something to go on. You talk about Telos, Dantoine, and Taris? What about Couriscant and all the other core worlds that weren't touched?

You keep making assumptions that no one knows what might have happened, but the jedi on the Council did just that! They kept saying if Revan followed them, everything would have turned out alright. They don't even bother to assume that they Mandalorians were stopped by Revan... so that completely breaks their assumptions.

Vrook said everything happened because Revan, Exile, and all the others acted. He doesn't seem to remember that the Mandalorians were also acting and that they they were only stopped when Revan organized the Republic's forces. The Council can't make accusations if they use the 'what if' scenario themselves. All the evidence goes against them in any event.

The Republic survived both wars and no one assumed that it would have survived the first w/out Revan's actions. The Council did nothing, so they did not have the right to judge those that did what they were afraid to do.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
The Mandalorian fleet was much more numerous before Revan began his campaigns against them.
I'd like a source for that.

Quote:
If there were some who would claim otherwise... other than the jedi... then you would have something to go on.
Is there any particular reason that the Jedi aren't credible other than the fact that you don't want them to be?

Quote:
You talk about Telos, Dantoine, and Taris? What about Couriscant and all the other core worlds that weren't touched?
I talk about the entire war in general. Since it's apparently logical to assume that Revan was a brilliant strategist despite lack of evidence, it seems reasonable to assume that effecting or allowing the genocide of populations was not a relatively uncommon tatic for the him to use.

I'm not sure what the point about the Core Worlds is. They just hadn't attacked there yet.

Quote:
You keep making assumptions that no one knows what might have happened
But nobody does know. The only speculation anyone ever makes is just a one-sentence assumption that the Mandalorians would have conquered the entire freaking galaxy and that unless Revan was on the Republic's side, the Mandalorians were totally invincible.

Quote:
Vrook said everything happened because Revan, Exile, and all the others acted. He doesn't seem to remember that the Mandalorians were also acting and that they they were only stopped when Revan organized the Republic's forces.
He didn't say everything happened because of them. He said the Jedi Civil War happened, which is a material, established fact.

Quote:
The Council did nothing, so they did not have the right to judge those that did what they were afraid to do.
1. Why would the Council be "afraid" of doing what they didn't want to do?
2. The renegades were the ones who didn't have the right to judge them. The fact that they were in charge means that they were in charge, therefore they judge the rogues. I don't see what's complicated about that. Are you seriously trying to say that they had no right to judge a 20-year-old Jedi with delusions of grandeur who, without a second thought, went out of his way to teach the Jedi Order to take the simplest and (in the end) most costly way out of a situation?

It's a-ok with me if you think the Council was wrong, but saying that Revan was a completely justified messiah in shining white armor while the Council was a bunch of egotistical, handlebar-mustached manipulators is taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

(Inspired by the previous sentence, I present this image)


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #26
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I'd like a source for that.


Is there any particular reason that the Jedi aren't credible other than the fact that you don't want them to be?


I talk about the entire war in general. Since it's apparently logical to assume that Revan was a brilliant strategist despite lack of evidence, it seems reasonable to assume that effecting or allowing the genocide of populations was not a relatively uncommon tatic for the him to use.

I'm not sure what the point about the Core Worlds is. They just hadn't attacked there yet.


But nobody does know. The only speculation anyone ever makes is just a one-sentence assumption that the Mandalorians would have conquered the entire freaking galaxy and that unless Revan was on the Republic's side, the Mandalorians were totally invincible.


He didn't say everything happened because of them. He said the Jedi Civil War happened, which is a material, established fact.


1. Why would the Council be "afraid" of doing what they didn't want to do?
2. The renegades were the ones who didn't have the right to judge them. The fact that they were in charge means that they were in charge, therefore they judge the rogues. I don't see what's complicated about that. Are you seriously trying to say that they had no right to judge a 20-year-old Jedi with delusions of grandeur who, without a second thought, went out of his way to teach the Jedi Order to take the simplest and (in the end) most costly way out of a situation?
Why do you go to such extremes to cast doubt where none should exist.

ONLY the Council stand by their original choice and no one else does. Before you start spouting off on how it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, doesn't it seem a little too convenient how the Council always thinks it right and many of their followers think they were wrong?

If they were so effective and trustworthy, then why did so many of their followers abandon them for a young and defiant jedi like Revan? Maybe all logic suggests that were wrong all along? If you say there's no evidence of that, then tell me why you claim such a thing w/out evidence of your own. Lack of evidence is not evidence in itself, so don't use it!

The Mandalorians, themselves say it was Revan. All who followed him believed he saved them. Who OTHER THAN JEDI say anything to counter that? Many more say so than not.

Revan would not have had any power of influence if the Council did what had to be done instead of what they wanted to do. The Council were stupid to assume their followers would go against their sense when the Mandolaorians were crushing the Republic. It didn't matter whether or not they were right... what mattered is that they refused to act and many of their followers abandoned them. It was because of them... not Revan that their followers abandoned them... it all started with them giving their followers an impossible order.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #27
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie
 
Ascendant_Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 140
Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
Quote:
The Mandalorian fleet was much more numerous before Revan began his campaigns against them.
I suppose I should add something to that. Let me say: The Mandalorian Fleet was much more numerous before Revan and his campaigns than it was at the battle of Malachor. And, I don't think that needs evidence..obviously their fleet was bigger during the initial invasion than it was after they had been pushed all the way back to Malachor.

Anyway, Revan being a brilliant strategist has pretty much been established as fact. The fact that Republic forces under him triumphed against the Mandalorians is enough for me, but there is specific evidence. Aside from the Mandalorians (specifically Canderous) claiming Revan was the only reason the Republic beat them, Master Dorak himself labels Revan as a "brilliant military leader" and then implies this again when he takes a shot at Malak and says he is "far from Revan's equal in strategy or tactics".

Revan allowed certain worlds to fall because it was part of his military strategy. The Republic was not fairing very well using traditional tactics. The pre-Revanchist Republic forces opted for tactics that were completely ineffective against the Mandalorian fleet. All Revan did was fight the Mandalorians using different tactics. Instead of straining his forces to defend multitudes of planets (something that didn't work as shown with the Republic's Jebble-Vanquo-Tarnith line), Revan opted to bring the fight to the Mandalorians and fight fire with fire. And, as "ruthless" as that may seem, Revan and his forces defeated the Mandalorians and left the Republic functioning and defensible (probably much more so than it would be had Revan never happened).

I predict Revan would have saved the whole "corrupting" process for the Star Forge, which would infallibly succeed in turning the soldiers and jedi that had no true knowledge of its capabilities. If Revan had been "corrupting" his forces even before Malachor, I'm sure there would have been some notice. I doubt 100% of the forces under his command would have followed him into unknown regions if half of them were turning into zombies over having witnessed "intentional genocides".
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #28
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
doesn't it seem a little too convenient how the Council always thinks it right and many of their followers think they were wrong?
Can you name a single individual of any importance other than Revan, Malak, or the Exile who fit this criteria? Why does a group of individuals being in a[n alleged] minority make them wrong?

Quote:
then tell me why you claim such a thing w/out evidence of your own. Lack of evidence is not evidence in itself, so don't use it!
How am I not using evidence? I'm doing the same thing that you are: looking at the game and drawing my own conclusions from it.

Quote:
The fact that Republic forces under him triumphed against the Mandalorians is enough for me
Is there any evidence that the Mandalorians are particularly effective strategists?

Quote:
If Revan had been "corrupting" his forces even before Malachor, I'm sure there would have been some notice.
"The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war. A war of conversion." Kreia basically spells out for the observer that Malachor was not the first time Revan staged a massacre to influence his troops.

I don't have anything else to say on this.

Last edited by TKA-001; 08-07-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Addendum
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #29
MacTavish
Junior Member
 
MacTavish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tython
Posts: 438
I chose both, I like the idea of Revan (former dark-side) returning to light and the Exile using his "wound in the force" power for evil, but I also like it vice-versa.


MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #30
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Can you name a single individual of any importance other than Revan, Malak, or the Exile who fit this criteria? Why does a group of individuals being in a[n alleged] minority make them wrong?


How am I not using evidence? I'm doing the same thing that you are: looking at the game and drawing my own conclusions from it.


Is there any evidence that the Mandalorians are particularly effective strategists?


"The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war. A war of conversion." Kreia basically spells out for the observer that Malachor was not the first time Revan staged a massacre to influence his troops.

I don't have anything else to say on this.
You are just so evasive! I'm trying to have a reasonable argument... the subject is irrelevant, but you're just forming an opinion that defies what everyone else thinks and refusing to think otherwise. I'm not simply brushing off your side... I just think you're being evasive. Of course that's an opinion, so I can't use that against you.

This is cruel, but I'll use your own tactics against you and show you EXACTLY what I mean.

You said Kriea layed it all out that Revan was evil. Why trust her... didn't she always have a habit of lying and twisting facts? She's also the one to suggest Revan did not fall, but made a choice to do what was needed. Traya said the exact opposite... neither side can be trusted, so... nothing there.

Mandalorians aren't great strategists? Again no proof. There are many who state that they are masters of war. Are you saying they're lying? Prove that they are and you have something more to go on than a supposition.

The jedi were taught by the very masters they went against! If the Council couldn't earn the trust of their followers like Revan, they didn't deserve their loyalty. Imagine if FDR had declared war on Germany after JAPAN attacked Pearl Harbor. If he did such as thing(which he believed was the best thing for America) his followers would not have supported him on that. Americans weren't focused on Germany... it was Japan that committed the first overt aggressive act and it was only because Germany declared war on the US that Americans would back FDR on that issue.

-My counter to the next post is that Germany was not obligated to fight an enemy that Japan attacked. Only if America dropped the first bomb would they have had to declare war on the US. FDR wanted America to fight in Europe, but despite all his support, he couldn't declare war without the support of the American populace. If Germany didn't declare war on the US, we would have only been against Japan in WWII.

The Council was like FDR in reverse. Revan could not have attracted so many followers from the Order unless they had more reason to trust him than their official leaders. Revan was not a darksider when he defied the Council. The entire KOTOR II game showed that.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 08-08-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #31
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden
 
Gurges-Ahter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parker, TX
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
You are just so evasive! I'm trying to have a reasonable argument... the subject is irrelevant, but you're just forming an opinion that defies what everyone else thinks and refusing to think otherwise. I'm not simply brushing off your side... I just think you're being evasive. Of course that's an opinion, so I can't use that against you.
That's just what he does. And it never ends.


Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #32
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
That's just what he does. And it never ends.
Thanks. Glad that I know I'm not alone on that. I think that's enough to make me stop now.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #33
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
(Inspired by the previous sentence, I present this image)
I do not know why... but I really like this!


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #34
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie
 
Ascendant_Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 140
Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
I agree. I like the whole handlebar mustache concept. It's classy.
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #35
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
Revan is lightside when I play because I like the idea of a protector more than that of a conqueror.


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #36
Sidias.R
Rookie
 
Sidias.R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 43
Although I'm highly affected by the Darkside, meaning that I always choose Dark Side; I'd have to say that I chose LightSide Revan 'ere.

Reason? Well, as most people, as well as for the canon story, says that Revan is Lightside, I'd go for LightSide if it's KoTOR.
As I have said before; though I choose Dark side 99% of the time, I still choose Revan as lightside, strangely enough.
Sidias.R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #37
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be
 
Endorenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,140
Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Dark Side Revan! Always!

Why, you might ask?

Because I like the sparks and flame background better than the white rain.


Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #38
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 865
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I've never really preferred one over the other, but I do think that the DS Revan story/ending is more interesting.


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 AM   #39
Lord of Destruction
Rookie
 
Lord of Destruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Malachor 5
Posts: 173
Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo-Man 07 View Post
Both, Revan is a gray Jedi like the others have said, he dose his own thing and he kicks ass doing it.
Hey Camo-Man you are right about Revan being Grey


Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #40
Admiral_Thrawn
Junior Member
 
Admiral_Thrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 323
Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
Look, Revan never fell to the darkside truely. Upon Malachor V he learnt of the True Sith and saw the Darkside as the only way to defeat them. Notice how upon his campaign he never attacked strong industrial worlds that would hold their own against a armada. No, he targeted weak worlds and fortified them. Nor did he draw upon the Star Forge, not out of ignorance, but because he didn't want to be corrupted or reliant upon its energies. He simply used it as a factory.

He intended to discard the Star Forge in due time as he did with all else. Thus Revan embraced the Dark Side for a purpose. He became evil to defeat a greater evil, nulling his crime.

I honestly don't see how anyone can pin him as a Sith. I hope I cleared some confusion up for some people.

@ Topic.
He became a Sith to fulfill his duties as a Jedi. So before he lost his amnesia he would come under both, thus I view it as both.


Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"But… it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Darth Revan Or Master Revan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.