Thread: Developer Blog: Creating the Bounty Hunter
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Developer Blog: Creating the Bounty Hunter

A few weeks ago we got a sneak peak at the first official Star Wars: The Old Republic class: the Bounty Hunter. Bioware Community Liason Sean Dahlberg posted an article to his blog giving us an inside scoop into the creation of the Bounty Hunter. The amount of thought and detail that went into the [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
True_Avery
Banned

I vote this the best Dev Blog so far. Very interesting.

Although its a shame it look like Bounty Hunters will be an Empire exclusive. It makes sense in some ways, and little in others.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I agree, and I think these kind of things will only get more interesting as they get further along in development.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
I vote this the best Dev Blog so far. Very interesting.
I thought it was awesome as well. Really makes me excited for the game.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
I'm not really a fan of the "No class would exist in both factions" thing, mainly because it wouldn't make sense for a 'soldier' type character to exist on one side and not on the other, but it also implies that there will be huge mechanical differences for Jedi/Sith, even though the main things we see them doing in the movies involve neutral things like mind tricks and telekinesis. But I guess we'll see.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
I agree TA. I really don't like that BH is Sith Empire exclusive... But I can understand their reasoning behind it. Having to make 8 classes with 16 unique and engaging stories with no duplication between is a tall order.

I noticed they gave a mention that they will not allow neutral at all. That makes me a bit sad. I'd love to be a neutral smuggler. But then as he said, nobody is really neutral. Even if I could be neutral I would probably still hold a bit of friendliness towards the Republic.

I love how much they mention smuggler... perhaps the next class reveal?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Developer Blog: Creating the Bounty Hunter