lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: If Brutal Legend Succeeds....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
If Brutal Legend Succeeds....

Has anybody been thinking about what would happen if Brutal Legend succeeds? I mean, with all this attention going to that game and to DoubleFine, do you think people may be discovering Psychonauts? Let's say that did happen, and old copies of the game start to sell. Could their be a chance at some form of a successor? This is all hypothetical, but if that did happen, I'd be very pleased.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
^It's a nice thought...and stranger things have happened...but right now...I'm more concerned if it's going to even be released this year with all this Activision garbage.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

Current Game: FFX HD/Persona 3 Portable
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
^It's a nice thought...and stranger things have happened...but right now...I'm more concerned if it's going to even be released this year with all this Activision garbage.
QFT

There's a chance. But, Brutal Legend would have to be quite
successful for that chance, in my opinion. I don't think it will be very sucessful, sadly. I'll still but it though.

zelda 41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Jove
Rookie

The only way Brütal Legend could help make a Psychonauts sequel is if it becomes a wildly out of control run-away hit. Then a sequel will be rushed into production while quick knock-off sequels will be made of anything Tim Schafer ever touched, a la American McGee's Alice. It would be a purely money grubbing effort.

Otherwise any success Brütal Legend has will just fuel calls for its own sequel.

If you've listened to Tim Schafer refer to the Psychonauts character development process in his talk on character design, you'll realize that it probably can't be duplicated for a sequel.
Jove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > If Brutal Legend Succeeds....