lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mandalorian armors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #41
Seikan

Rohlan Dyre armor for male and Mandalorian war axes finish:

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #42
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
this is some awsome work guys keep it up

Deleted yet another of your chatty spam posts. Please keep the 'chat' spam out of this forum, that is only allowed in the discussions forums or more specifically Ahto. -RH

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-14-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #43
Seikan

Thit is my fisrt moddeling! so not perfect ^^'

and nobody can make the the weapons i've asked? =(

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #44
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Yes we all know that already as you never stop saying it Shadow And the axes are great, and so is the armor! I could make a weapon but im just kinda busy at the moment, with my own Blackguard mod and the WOTOR mod. And then i have school and, you know, other stuff (these are just excuses, i spend my time playing guitar). If i find the time i could see what i can do.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 AM   #45
Time Lord
Rookie

Current Game: DF-MotS
I can't wait to use those Fett style armors.

Time Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #46
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
The purple is already in use by me, since it was my suggestion.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #47
Seikan

Rohlan Dyre female armor:

Last mod:
Old 04-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #48
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Nice.

Below post deleted, please refrain from posting too many one word posts, and if the majority of your post is off-topic refrain from posting that as well, use PM's for said questions. Any more and formal warnings/infractions will be forthcoming. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-20-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #49
Seikan

i have finish this armor two days ago but don't have the time to post the screen ^^' the next and probably last armor will be finish on some days maybe a week.

Last mod:
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #50
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
i have finish this armor two days ago but don't have the time to post the screen ^^' the next and probably last armor will be finish on some days maybe a week.
Awesome! Can't wait to try them!

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #51
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Where can these armors be found? I love Mandalorian stuff in my game and I love mandalorian shocktrooper (Jango/Boba Fett style) armor. Kandosii!

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #52
Seikan

i'm doing it, i will upload the mod later

Last mod:
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #53
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Can't wait! I have the purple one and I'm about to explode from excitement! Kandosii! Vor'e for such an awesome mod!

Edit-- Is it okay if I (for personal use) change the purple to a Jango Fett blue? I won't post it anywhere (unless of course you give me permission).

Edit-- Do you think you can make a TSL version? I tried to convert it myself (for personal use) but it kept causing my game to crash. That would be the ani'la!

Last edited by Trench; 04-22-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #54
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Let him finish the mod and then he can consider putting them in TSL.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #55
Seikan

You can do everything as long as you do it for personal use ^^
For Tsl i suppose than i can do it, but later.

Last mod:
Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #56
Ulmont

Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This is truely awsome. I cant wait to download it! Defender Beskar is amazing!

Ulmont is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #57
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Scorpius View Post
Let him finish the mod and then he can consider putting them in TSL.
I wasn't trying to rush him along... I was just suggesting something to do later on.
No offense meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
It makes sense for the helm to reduce dex, since you really cant see too well with a helm on, thus making it harder to shoot and block.
Actually... a Mandalorian helmet is filled with sensors and scanners and other cool stuff making it easier to shoot and block. I (for personal use) changed the stats and description a little to be more realistic (Star Wars realistic, not real realistic).

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-28-2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Combining 'bump' post into original post...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #58
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

You know, thats not possible i was talking about the wideness of your line of sight. Put a helmet like that on, and you will only see a (T) in front of you, making it way harder to block. the aim thing is then another story

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #59
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
You know, thats not possible i was talking about the wideness of your line of sight. Put a helmet like that on, and you will only see a (T) in front of you, making it way harder to block. the aim thing is then another story
Good point. But wouldn't a Mandalorian have his T visor enhanced on the inside with camera's and sensors? Enhancing his view as well? It seems like he would be looking at sort of a screen in there. Besides, if you take even a small hole and place your eye right up against it you can see through it clearly, the Mandalorian's may have worn the helmets with the visor right up to their eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong, I know more about the old Beskar'gam than the new.

Last edited by Trench; 04-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #60
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

I dont know about especially mandalorian armors as much as i have understandment over combat in most its forms (naval is still quite something i dont understand) and a helmet seriously has ill effects while fighting in close combat, believe it or not. It doesnt seem like a big deal if you just put it on, but the difference is really big when somebody is trying to separate your head from your shoulders. The thing is, you cant see well to the sides so the attacks kinda come from behind the trees If i was a knight i would have kept my helmet on as long as im on the horse, but if the horse goes so does my helmet.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #61
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Ah! That is a good point! So in Mando'ade terms-- Keep your helmet on while your on your Basilisk war Droid, but when the droid goes, clip your bucket to your belt. Okay!

Last edited by Trench; 04-23-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #62
WraithPrince
Rookie

Current Game: UT2004, Kotor:TSL
Actrually you can see pretty well with the T visor see screenshot below.

http://guide2games.org/wp-content/up...commando-2.jpg

I am aware its a Clone trooper helmet but they are based off mandalorian design.
WraithPrince is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #63
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithPrince View Post
Actually you can see pretty well with the T visor see screen shot below.

http://guide2games.org/wp-content/up...commando-2.jpg

I am aware its a Clone trooper helmet but they are based off Mandalorian design.
Yes visibility is good from those buckets, but Drunkside's point was that, if someone was to your left and they tried to decapitate you, then you wouldn't notice.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #64
Seikan

the worst is to see up and down, if something is on four foots you can't see without move your head at point that you can't see what are in your face. is more easy to surprise an ennemy with a helm that one without. just compare the visibility of the commandos and the yours.

Last mod:
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #65
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
from Wookieepedia:
Quote:
The helmet alone was the control center of most of the suit's abilities. A range finder attached to the duraplast armored helmet could track up to thirty targets, while a battle computer inside the helmet allowed the wearer to control the suit's weapons, sensors, and jet pack through verbal commands. The dark macrobinocular viewplate offered a variety of vision modes, including infrared. A pineal eye sensor on the helmet combined with an internal overlay display to provide tracking information within a 360-degree radius. Motion sensors, an encrypted internal comlink, and a broad-band antenna completed the helmet's devices, all of which could be linked to the wearer's weapons or their personal starship. The helmet could also act as a environmental filter system, with a two hour reserve tank providing breathable air to the Mandalorian warrior.
with 360 degree tracking info, I don't think it would matter which way someone tries to decapitate you, 'cause you're gonna see him no matter what (unless you're too busy fighting someone else, and aren't paying attention )

When I made the .uti files for my Mando armours for Revenge of Revan, I added +1 Awareness because of the helmet. It seemed like a good addition, without over doing it.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -

Last edited by redrob41; 04-24-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added link to Wookiepedia: Mandalorian Armor
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #66
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
from Wookieepedia:

with 360 degree tracking info, I don't think it would matter which way someone tries to decapitate you, 'cause you're gonna see him no matter what (unless you're too busy fighting someone else, and aren't paying attention )

When I made the .uti files for my Mando armours for Revenge of Revan, I added +1 Awareness because of the helmet. It seemed like a good addition, without over doing it.
I think redrob41's quote from Wookieepedia just ended our conversation. Thank you for the info redrob41. (Still awaiting your awesome Mandalorian armors!)
So it seems I was correct in my assumption in that the Mando helms would actually improve dexterity and awareness .

Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #67
Ulmont

Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yup, though if you want to be really realistic, you might want to add a heavy armor feat requirement to the helmet, as the 360 degree view field can be disorientating to un-trained personnel.

Ulmont is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #68
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulmont View Post
Yup, though if you want to be really realistic, you might want to add a heavy armor feat requirement to the helmet, as the 360 degree view field can be disorientating to un-trained personnel.
True... and maybe a minimal awareness level of say... around 14 -because unless you are extremely aware of what's going on around you, and can focus on numerous things at once... then there's no point to having all that awesome sensory equipment.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #69
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Oh yeah i actually had read that 360 visibility somewhere... just didnt remember Okay, mando helmets make it easier to block, but anything else makes it harded

Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #70
Seikan

An armor had never improve the dexterity, because an armor is to protect your self not to make aerobatics.

Edit: My mod will be a *little* changed.

I will take a cut map of a rakata's temple on tatooine and change it into a mandalorian secret base on tatooine, Izziz(the jawa) will be the one who will warp you if you save the jawas, but I have a problem... my game is french xD so i can't just edit the dialog that i have, so someone can please send me the Izziz (or wathever his name) dialog in english?

Last mod:

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-27-2009 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
Old 04-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #71
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
My mod will be a *little* changed.

I will take a cut map of a rakata's temple on tatooine and change it into a mandalorian secret base on tatooine, Izziz(the jawa) will be the one who will warp you if you save the jawas, but I have a problem... my game is french xD so i can't just edit the dialog that i have, so someone can please send me the Izziz (or wathever his name) dialog in english?
That temple is glitchy as hell. The walkmesh is demented. I would suggest one of the rakatan settlements.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #72
Seikan

Yeah but is too, the major problem here is on door where you can't pass but it's possible to place some thing to block the passage,.

Last mod:
Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #73
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well either way, if you'd like me to re-skinning the module, just drop me a pm, I am very eager to see this made.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #74
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Wait... Will you be uploading the armors separately? Or will they only come with the Mandalorian settlement?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #75
Seikan

I guess i can do the both x)

Last mod:
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #76
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Oya! Anxiously awaiting that awesome Beskar'gam!

Side note: Would it be okay with you if I were to convert them to TSL when I get them? For personal use only of course.

Edit-- I could also e-mail you the converted versions. Might save you a little time

Last edited by Trench; 04-28-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:09 AM   #77
Seikan

of course you can °° as long as it's for personal use do what you want ^^

Last mod:
Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #78
Seikan

well people i have a problem with the last helm i'm doing:

i want to make a straight line in middle from the visor the the back of the head a little like this:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8...3101cacyg0.jpg

but that make the sort of circle in the top, i had try many time to do it without that but
that's not so easy, so if someone can help me to do this line

if someone can help me send me a pm and i will send you the files.
Thanks

Last mod:
Old 05-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #79
DarthJacen
Forumite

Gosh, I've been waiting for a mod like this. I was the one that requested a K1 version of the Movie mandalorians mod. Would you please send me a copy of this or pm me with what is going on.

By the way, the movie mandalorians mod for TSL may be downloaded, here: http://files.filefront.com/Movie+Man.../fileinfo.html

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #80
BryanWee20
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR I & II
Sweet project your coming up wif

I'm doing just abt the same thing or should I say done with.

Checkout my site there's a couple of stuff that might interest you

BryanWee20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mandalorian armors