lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Do Liberals think they are above the Law?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-20-2009, 02:42 AM   #81
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Maybe, but you do have to admit I know more about politics than you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You'll pardon me if I don't take the opinion of someone whom in my opinion is a far-left partisan seriously.
Question:

Is trolling just something you do for amusement, or does it just spring out of you?
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 AM   #82
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
<yawn>

"Chicago mob" and "chicago politics" boil down to irrational, fear-mongering and hate-filled rhetoric un-patriotically designed to discredit the President of the United States of America.
Questions of corruption in Chicago politics lonnnnnnng precede BO and will continue long after he's a memory (or at least as long as the city lasts).


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #83
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
<yawn>

"Chicago mob" and "chicago politics" boil down to irrational, fear-mongering and hate-filled rhetoric un-patriotically designed to discredit the President of the United States of America.
Seriously, you honestly expect me to believe you know anything about the topic of American Politics and you don't know about how corrupt Chicago Politics are.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #84
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Seriously, you honestly expect me to believe you know anything about the topic of American Politics and you don't know about how corrupt Chicago Politics are.
Says the guy who seems to believe that visiting a place gives him superior knowledge of its inner workings.

Stop trying to wave your d*** around. No-one is impressed by your so called political knowledge, and your "admit I'm smarter than you" debating style is blatant spam and flame baiting.

Why not try to prove him wrong instead of just claiming you are? If he doesn't know about the subject, keep your d*** in your pants and find some sources to back your argument up. Give sources instead of yelling "I've been there before" like a 5 year old.

Last edited by True_Avery; 04-20-2009 at 11:59 AM.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #85
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
He asked if I had been there I answered. Anyways have you had a look at who all he's appointed, one of them is currently under investigation by the SEC for goodness sakes.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #86
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
i asked that, now would you kindly cite some sources for this stuff and make an argument for why this means anyone coming out of chicago is corrupt you little scamp



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #87
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
It's no doubt guilt by association, which doesn't mean the "suspect" is innocent either.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #88
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
i asked that, now would you kindly cite some sources for this stuff and make an argument for why this means anyone coming out of chicago is corrupt you little scamp
At what point do bad associations become more than coincidences and start becoming a pattern?

Anyways I already did post some sources, however you seem to be unable or unwilling to even look at them, both when I posted sources concerning this before the November Election and new stories on it all the way through April of this year and you mean to tell me that you haven't seen any sources...
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #89
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
At what point do bad associations become more than coincidences and start becoming a pattern?
When we start thinking with your mind?
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #90
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
This "Chicago" thing is an irrational pejorative that he's likely parroting from Limbaugh or some other such hate-media. Its interesting and demonstrative of the irrational and, perhaps, deficient cognitive function of conservatives since such a rhetorical pejorative is so easily spread as a meme among followers of Limbaugh and other such talking-heads. The purpose is to create irrational hatred and fear.
QFE. Well said, Skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Do you seriously not consider it a non sequitur to assume that because some or even many politicians in Chicago are corrupt that it, therefore, implies all are (or, more to your point, all democratic ones)?

Part Two of this question: Do you know what a non sequitur is?
I imagine the answer to both of those questions are no, from his point of view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
You've yet to demonstrate your expertise on absolutely anything at all, by a longshot in this forum, Garf. Least of all politics. I hate to be honest, but sometimes that's the best policy.
Fix'd. You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You'll pardon me if I don't take the opinion of someone whom in my opinion is a far-left partisan seriously.
Brilliant ad hominem in order to continue your complete and utter self deception!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
you little scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
It's no doubt guilt by association, which doesn't mean the "suspect" is innocent either.
You're right. Oh ****, there's this little thing we seem to have forgotten about. Goddamn American 'innocent until proven guilty' rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
When we start thinking with your mind?
Jesus, that'll be the day.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #91
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
When we start thinking with your mind?
Ad hominem removed -ET

@ EnderWiggin

Do you want me to quote the definitions of the words from websters dictionary, or dictionary.com? Using big words doesn't mean you're intelligent, just means you know how to use big words.


Also it's funny how you only use innocent until proven guilty when it is a Democrat.


Seriously, you guys are drunk on Kool-Aid.

Last edited by ET Warrior; 04-20-2009 at 08:05 PM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #92
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Do you want me to quote the definitions of the words from websters dictionary, or dictionary.com? Using big words doesn't mean you're intelligent, just means you know how to use big words.
Oh, please do. In fact, quote absolutely anything you'd like in order to try to make an argument. Actually, I challenge you to do so.

$5 that he can't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Seriously, you guys are drunk on Kool-Aid.
Great counterargument.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #93
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Oh, please do. In fact, quote absolutely anything you'd like in order to try to make an argument. Actually, I challenge you to do so.

$5 that he can't do it.
Okay you owe me $5.

Quote:
non se⋅qui⋅tur   /nɒn ˈsɛkwɪtər, -ˌtʊər; Lat. noʊn ˈsɛkwɪˌtʊər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [non sek-wi-ter, -toor; Lat. nohn se-kwi-toor] Show IPA
–noun 1. Logic. an inference or a conclusion that does not follow from the premises.
2. a statement containing an illogical conclusion.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- dictionary.com


Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Great counterargument.
The truth usually is a good counterargument.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #94
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Okay you owe me $5.
What the ****? Please refer me to where I ever said non sequitur?

So no, I don't. No argument to be found.


_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #95
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post

You're right. Oh ****, there's this little thing we seem to have forgotten about. Goddamn American 'innocent until proven guilty' rule

_EW_
Hmm....looks around and can't find a courtroom. Looks back at _EW_

Ender, my statement is still true. Since noone is being tried here perhaps you can explain how your retort is remotely relevant. If a guilty man gets found innocent b/c he has a good lawyer, it doesn't mean he IS innocent of his crime, just that a jury didn't find him guilty. I didn't say anyone was guilty, I said that guilt by association tends to make people looked at with greater scrutiny or suspicion. Being guilty and pronounced guilty by a jury are clearly two different things


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #96
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
You're right. Oh ****, there's this little thing we seem to have forgotten about. Goddamn American 'innocent until proven guilty' rule
Tell that to Scooter Libby, whom we know for a fact and we know that the Prosecutor knew that Libby wasn't the leak, and the prosecutor still went after Libby anyways.


Tell that to President Bush, whom you all tend to claim that he let 9/11 happen or he deliberately went into Iraq knowing the intelligence was faulty.


At least when I accused Obama of being tied into this there is a money trail (which I posted about before), there is also a pattern (which I tried to lay out only to have posts deleted by certain individuals), while you and your cronies just have a bunch of conspiracy theorists.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #97
edlib
Close to the Edge
 
edlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, MA., USA
Posts: 9,441
Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
OK... say we were all suddenly to see the light and agree with you, Garf... Sooo... Then what?

I'm still unclear what pointing out the questionable past business practices of unelected appointed administration officials will ultimately prove.

Is it to remove this particular group of folks from office, and replace them all before they get a chance to even do anything? Or is the goal to eventually bring Impeachment charges against the whole administration?

If there's anything the last 16 years have proven, it's that impeachment is a highly unpopular process with the public. And I imagine it would be doubly (if not more) so with this particular president.

So what exactly is the point with all of this, except for publicly griping about the folks in power who's politics you don't happen to agree with?


Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #98
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib View Post
So what exactly is the point with all of this, except for publicly griping about the folks in power who's politics you don't happen to agree with?
That's Garfy's M.O., ed. Pretty much every single post of his is some sort of fearmongering platform that he's found on or is basing off of his beloved conservative blogs. As can be expected, there is little to no logic used, and he is far too brainwashed to respond to reason.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #99
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib View Post
OK... say we were all suddenly to see the light and agree with you, Garf... Sooo... Then what?

I'm still unclear what pointing out the questionable past business practices of unelected appointed administration officials will ultimately prove.

Is it to remove this particular group of folks from office, and replace them all before they get a chance to even do anything? Or is the goal to eventually bring Impeachment charges against the whole administration?

If there's anything the last 16 years have proven, it's that impeachment is a highly unpopular process with the public. And I imagine it would be doubly (if not more) so with this particular president.

So what exactly is the point with all of this, except for publicly griping about the folks in power who's politics you don't happen to agree with?
I'm not pushing for impeachment unless it can be proved that he committed an impeachable offense, what I would like is for him to get new vetters for choosing appointees.

That said, if Obama committed bribery, then public opinion or no Public Opinion the Constitution defines it as an impeachable offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
That's Garfy's M.O., ed. Pretty much every single post of his is some sort of fearmongering platform that he's found on or is basing off of his beloved conservative blogs. As can be expected, there is little to no logic used, and he is far too brainwashed to respond to reason.
Sorry if I'm not falling for the Obama is the second-coming garbage.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #100
edlib
Close to the Edge
 
edlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, MA., USA
Posts: 9,441
Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I'm not pushing for impeachment unless it can be proved that he committed an impeachable offense, what I would like is for him to get new vetters for choosing appointees.
And if he doesn't? I'm not sure what any of us can do about it.

If the folks he appoints are found to be guilty of the things they are accused of, they will no doubt be removed and replaced. But I don't suspect the replacements will make the conservatives any happier... Because, even if they have spotless records: They are still going to be liberal democrats no matter the vetting process.

And if these folks aren't found to be guilty (or are never even brought up on charges) then what? What power do we have to "un-appoint" them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
That said, if Obama committed bribery, then public opinion or no Public Opinion the Constitution defines it as an impeachable offense.
So is lying under oath... but Clinton walked away from his proceedings to finish his term. And the process wasn't exactly popular with the public (outside of a select conservative base, that is.) We'll never know what the public reaction would have been had he been removed from office. I think it could have been truly ugly... and he was far less popular at the time than Obama is now.

I personally think Obama is far too politically savvy to ever get his fingers dirty in that way. But good luck and have fun trying to make it stick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Sorry if I'm not falling for the Obama is the second-coming garbage.
Never claimed he was.
He's just an astute politician who is popular with a large part of the electorate right now. But he's just a man, and an American politician... with all the baggage that implies.

I happen to agree with some of his political stances, and I'm willing to give him a chance to try to prove himself before trying to run him out of office on innuendo, incrimination by association, and largely baseless speculations about his ethics. (My personal attitude being: that if you set the ethical bar high enough, NO politician would survive... and possibly NO American citizen could ever possibly hold higher office.)


Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #101
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Sorry if I'm not falling for the Obama is the second-coming garbage.
I love it when Garfy proves me right.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #102
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib
And if he doesn't?
It'll only put the lie to Pelosi's quip about the "culture of corruption".

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib
(My personal attitude being: that if you set the ethical bar high enough, NO politician would survive... and possibly NO American citizen could ever possibly hold higher office.)
Almost certainly true. The degree of press scrutiny that many candidates endure these days drives too many people away from politics as it is. Seems only the most brazen, of thick hide or possibly even masochistic bother. Not necessarily a good thing, eh..


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #103
edlib
Close to the Edge
 
edlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, MA., USA
Posts: 9,441
Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Absolute power corrupts absolutely... and most people are well aware of this.

You then have to question the motivations of anyone who sets out seeking that kind of power. Exactly WHAT kind of personality do they have to begin with... and what are they expecting?


Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #104
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Yes, good thing we don't have absolute power, eh? Was referring specifically to her rhetoric about the repubs representing the culture of corruption as though she and hers werre immune to it. But you're right that many, if not most, people see it for what it is. Plain old corruption, which like death, is indiscriminate.

Yes to your last point as well.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #105
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Ad hominem removed -ET

@ EnderWiggin

Do you want me to quote the definitions of the words from websters dictionary, or dictionary.com? Using big words doesn't mean you're intelligent, just means you know how to use big words.


Also it's funny how you only use innocent until proven guilty when it is a Democrat.


Seriously, you guys are drunk on Kool-Aid.
i am the kool-aid king



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #106
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Seriously, you guys are drunk on Kool-Aid.
I believe that only I am drunk on Kool-Aid. And my glass is laced with cyanide.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Do Liberals think they are above the Law?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.