lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #81
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Full Edition: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...full-e3/319515

EDIT: Nov 17 is release

Last edited by HK-42; 06-01-2009 at 09:57 PM.
HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 AM   #82
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I thought the trailer looks pretty badass. Felt like I was watching a movie. And it comes out a day before my birthday!

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #83
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The trailer was awesome. It reminded me of the AC intro, but a modernized version.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #84
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
The trailer was awesome. It reminded me of the AC intro, but a modernized version.
Yeah, same here. Awesome trailer, and it captures the same feeling that the trailer of the first did.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #85
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
They just showed Gameplay, amazing gameplay, at the Sony PC.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #86
Revan 411
Forumite

The thing I'm worried about this game is the game play. Judging from the game play footage at E3, it seems to play out almost like the original game. You get a mission and you go to kill the person you've been assigned to kill. The reason why I'm worried about this is because of how repetitive this will be. I know it was repetitive in the original so I Really hope it won't be repetitive in the sequel.

Other then that concern, the trailer was brilliant. Absolutely amazing. It has got me hyped up for the game.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #87
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
^They said they took those 5 mission types, increased them to 15 or 16 then did different combinations and made around 200+ different missions. Also there are new ways to kill, more weapons, greater variety of buildings.

So yea I think it will be a bit less repetitive.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #88
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
^They said they took those 5 mission types, increased them to 15 or 16 then did different combinations and made around 200+ different missions. Also there are new ways to kill, more weapons, greater variety of buildings.

So yea I think it will be a bit less repetitive.
Double-hand blade ftw - i loved how the crowd was in awe on the demo when he used em on two guards.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #89
mattig89ch

I love how realistic it looks. The graphics are amazing looking, and the fact that you can launch your wrist blade at your target is...fracking awesome!

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #90
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
So, it's been out for a bit now.

Anyone else bought it? I'm really enjoying it, even if I do find some of it frustrating (i'm not a big fan of timed sequences in games, so it annoys me when i'm forced to take part in them to progress). But I really do love the setting, and the atmosphere it creates.

The economy system is very interesting, as are the weapon upgrades and armour you can buy (and there's even a chance to get hold of Altair's armour later on in the game, though I haven't gotten that far yet).

Anyone else enjoying it?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #91
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Yeah I got it, its pretty good. Got it around 5pm today and just got off, its 3:30am now...

Old 11-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #92
Kyvios
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
I've played it, and really enjoyed it. Beat it tuesday around 11 pm after work.

Kyvios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #93
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'm waiting for the PC version, but I have no doubt the game will be awesome.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #94
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
Yeah I got it, its pretty good. Got it around 5pm today and just got off, its 3:30am now...
Haha Genius.

I have it, and have got all weapons and armour available in game - except for one weapon that cant be bought - it's so annoying - it's next to the "Maul" weapon on the racks

Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #95
Rake
Rookie

I beat it just yesterday, enjoyed it a lot more than the first one but it definitely still has some flaws. Economy is balanced for the first half of the game, after that you get about 100k florins and nothing to spend them on. Side missions are still extremely boring, I couldn't get myself to go back after the story and do all the courier/race quests. The assassination contracts got boring after the 5th one.

If they can make the third one with an exciting 25 hour story like the second, with a balanced economy system (and not a one armor trumps all), and actual interesting side quests; it could be an amazing, amazing game.
Rake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #96
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I got this at release last Monday night/Tuesday morning - didn't put it away until school that morning.

Every single gripe people had with the first game (repetitive missions in particular) has been thrown out or redone. New weapons, armor, clothes, and more diverse locations are a huge improvement, but what really stood out to me was how the plot is completely story-driven. Side missions and main plot missions are set apart now, so it doesn't seem like you're just doing random things that somehow contribute to your investigation, which gives a much more cinematic feel. Ezio is an actual character, too (an extremely likable one, in my opinion), unlike Altair, who was basically just a typical, loner, bad-ass tough guy with a monotone voice.

I'm even more eagerly awaiting part 3 than I was for this one, especially since
spoiler:
the ending is just as much of a "what the hell just happened" cliffhanger as the first, if not more so.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #97
Revan 411
Forumite

Bought the 360 version on the 17th. Finished it on the 21th.

Its the best game of 2009 IMO. (Better then Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.)

Old 11-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #98
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I got this at release last Monday night/Tuesday morning - didn't put it away until school that morning.

Every single gripe people had with the first game (repetitive missions in particular) has been thrown out or redone. New weapons, armor, clothes, and more diverse locations are a huge improvement, but what really stood out to me was how the plot is completely story-driven. Side missions and main plot missions are set apart now, so it doesn't seem like you're just doing random things that somehow contribute to your investigation, which gives a much more cinematic feel. Ezio is an actual character, too (an extremely likable one, in my opinion), unlike Altair, who was basically just a typical, loner, bad-ass tough guy with a monotone voice.

I'm even more eagerly awaiting part 3 than I was for this one, especially since
spoiler:
the ending is just as much of a "what the hell just happened" cliffhanger as the first, if not more so.
In a way they gave Altair some more of a character in 2 with the codex, if you read through it.

spoiler:
And yea I agree the ending was even more confusing than the last, I think the "WTF" desmond said after he got out summed it up nicely

Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #99
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
yeah, i beat the game already. fantastically done, overall. easily the best game i've played all year, and there's been some excellent games this year.

for those that have played it:
spoiler:
did any of you get the whole movie clip unlocked for "The Truth", which is supposed to explain some of the back story?? and while we're talking about the back story, i know that it felt a hell of a a lot like Stargate, but not really at the same time. if you caught some of the references, they also hint that humans are aliens to this world (one of the puzzle sequences to unlock the truth has a file that explains that the Templars provided a fake missing link in the evolutionary line).

overall, its just flat out weird and almost overly complicated, IMHO. i'm just hoping that they'll manage to dig themselves out of the hole they dug regarding that backstory.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #100
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
yeah, i beat the game already. fantastically done, overall. easily the best game i've played all year, and there's been some excellent games this year.

for those that have played it:
spoiler:
did any of you get the whole movie clip unlocked for "The Truth", which is supposed to explain some of the back story?? and while we're talking about the back story, i know that it felt a hell of a a lot like Stargate, but not really at the same time. if you caught some of the references, they also hint that humans are aliens to this world (one of the puzzle sequences to unlock the truth has a file that explains that the Templars provided a fake missing link in the evolutionary line).

overall, its just flat out weird and almost overly complicated, IMHO. i'm just hoping that they'll manage to dig themselves out of the hole they dug regarding that backstory.
spoiler:
Yea I got all the truth files. I dont know about humans being aliens, but Minerva said that her race created the humans and controlled them with the Pieces of Eden. However some were immune to them, like Adam and Eve, so they stole one and rebelled.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #101
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I'm still a sequence or two away from completing the game, and it's been awesome so far. The game has been vastly improved since the first one.

My only complaint is all the italian that slips in.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #102
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
My only complaint is all the italian that slips in.
Yeah, it's nice that it adds to the atmosphere, but I found myself turning the subtitles on after ten minutes because I wanted to know what was being said.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #103
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
Yeah, it's nice that it adds to the atmosphere, but I found myself turning the subtitles on after ten minutes because I wanted to know what was being said.
I did that at first, but I just can't stand subtitles.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #104
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
I think im about to start a 2nd playthrough...After you finish it does get boring after awhile. I already have 48/50 of the achievements, just the 2 feather ones left.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #105
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

I finally got around to sitting down and finishing AC2. It's a cool game. Very much improved from AC1.

The ending is a real "wtf" moment though. Desmond even says so...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #106
cire992

spoiler:
Played through it, the tutorial took forever, but was very entertaining (mother's "other outlets" line), but the end was awwwwful. I don't like the whole sci-fi dystopian Adam and Eve crap. Stay in Italy, let me beat on the pope and leave everything else for a spin-off series, if that.

Non spoiler version:

The ending =

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the word "vendetta" is never uttered once during the course of the game. Ever. By anyone.

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #107
Rake
Rookie

I agree, the ending was really a "wtf," moment; I have a feeling they are going to milk a couple more "go in the past scenarios," before making the final game a splinter cell-esque title. I could also see them making many, many, spin-off titles based on countless other assassins in a wide variety of historical time periods (each with their own conclusive story).

spoiler:
Also, why the hell were the elite Abstergo agents at the end of the game wearing casual jeans/jackets and carrying sticks; was I dreaming?
Rake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #108
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
I have a feeling they are going to milk a couple more "go in the past scenarios," before making the final game a splinter cell-esque title.
Oh? Where did you get this news from?

The main focus right now is the the third game. It'll most likely conclude the trilogy and answer all of our questions. As for spin offs, they might make a few but I don't see the harm in it. Seems like a good way to expand the fictional universe.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #109
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the word "vendetta" is never uttered once during the course of the game. Ever. By anyone.
...Bastards!

Anyway - I have gotten up to the glider mission, just finished it. I have altair's armor, altair's sword and altair's costume - the costume is a Uplay extra.

I really like this game so far. Vast improvement from AC1 which had nought story..

Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #110
cire992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
Oh? Where did you get this news from?
What part of "I have a feeling" do you not understand?

@Taak: Altair's armor kicks face. Anyone else notice that you can't shank civvies in ACII?

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 AM   #111
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

I didn't understand a word that woman/god said at the end...
I enjoyed bein able to counter attack abstergo agents with hidden blade.

I hear AC3 has no time/location confirmed but there was talk of WWII - dunno where.. but its said it might be a woman to play as...in my opinion, that sucks.

A) It doesn't feel right to have a woman in white robes with hidden blades..
B) Are they seriously gonna make enemies have melee weapons? coz if they made it into a gun game, given the era, then it ISNT assassin's creed and if they did use melee then it still doesnt fit the WWII era

Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 AM   #112
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
Why the hell not?

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #113
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
Why the hell not?
Obviously because she should be in the kitchen, naked, making me a damn pie

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #114
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
I didn't understand a word that woman/god said at the end...
I enjoyed bein able to counter attack abstergo agents with hidden blade.

I hear AC3 has no time/location confirmed but there was talk of WWII - dunno where.. but its said it might be a woman to play as...in my opinion, that sucks.

B) Are they seriously gonna make enemies have melee weapons? coz if they made it into a gun game, given the era, then it ISNT assassin's creed and if they did use melee then it still doesnt fit the WWII era
I don't see what's wrong with playing as a woman. And as we've seen the fashion change between the first two games, it would be safe to assume that they probably wouldn't be wearing robes.

Seeing as pretty much any time period after the 15th century would be dominated by black powder and more conventional firearms, it would be pretty stupid not to include firearms. And if it was set in WWII (Occupied Europe would be my bet), then it would be pretty safe to assume that Desmond's alter-ego would be given a gun as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #115
leXX
Forum Mum

I don't know how to make pie. My genetalia is on the inside not the outside, therefore I am stupid.

make life bearable.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #116
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
I don't know how to make pie. My genetalia is on the inside not the outside, therefore I am stupid.
That's okay, never give up.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #117
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Obviously because she should be in the kitchen, naked, making me a damn pie
Well, technically, said woman should wear an apron (and only an apron), a white apron, whilst making pie, and she would need knives to cut/slice said pie, who's to say those knives cannot be initially hidden.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #118
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Well, technically, said woman should wear an apron (and only an apron), a white apron, whilst making pie, and she would need knives to cut/slice said pie, who's to say those knives cannot be initially hidden.
^ This is why I love you Mav. XD

make life bearable.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #119
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Anyway, if it was a woman, it'd be pretty strange to have Desmond in control of her... *looks around*

Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #120
leXX
Forum Mum

No idea how they would do it, but judging by his quote, I highly doubt it will be a female lead anyway...

Quote:
Producer Sébastien Puel said that Assassin’s Creed 3 might be played with a female assassin in a World War 2 setting..see below for his quote..

“We’ve had discussions on that very topic,” said Puel. “It could be really interesting but we’d need to find the right time period and place for that.

“Where would that make sense? We don’t want to just decide we want to change and have a female hero as the first inspiration is always the time period, but if you’re talking about, say, World War II the economies in England and France were run by women because the men were off fighting."

make life bearable.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?