lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #121
cire992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Anyway, if it was a woman, it'd be pretty strange to have Desmond in control of her... *looks around*
Oh yeah, didn't think of that.

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #122
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Finished it, played through it in all Italian spoken language because it is extremely authentic and cool that way...The end: WTF?

And it's also the first and only game I managed to get all achievements on for the 360, easiest 1000 gamerpoints I've ever made!

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #123
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
I just started the pc version yesterday.

The ubisoft DRM requires you create a login and after that you dont really notice it.... unless your connection drops out of course Luckily this has not happened to me - I'm not sure exactly how often the game saves but there seem to be a checkpoint type thing - eg, after completing a task, scaling a viewpoint etc.

I think I like AC and Renaissance Italy far too much to not enjoy this game. I'm reading all the database entries with glee and climbing up buildings I've dreamed of seeing since studying Italian Renaissance Art in university. I still haven't got around to climbing Brunelleschi's dome, so I'm really looking forward to that (the first dome of its type since Roman Times). I'm actually hoping to visit Florence later this year so getting a refresher about the locations and history is fun.

Using a controller is a delight. So until my net crashes when Im in the middle of a boss fight, I'm totally happy with it I would like the safety of hack to bypass the net check and am waiting to see how long it will be until someone cracks it. I understand people will boycott the pc version because of ubi's DRM policies, and absolutely understand that. I'm happy to fork out to support the artists, coders, writers etc. who put their blood, sweat and tears to make such a unique game. Games with such Historical depth are few and far between.

Alot of people tipped 3-4 days... so we'll have to wait and see

I love how the townsfolk swear at you when you are looting people you've decked...

"Figlio di Puttana!" LMAO

The funniest was... "He must be from Napoli" OMG..... if you are familiar with the regional biases Italians have.. this is really funny... I cant imagine any Neapolitans playing would be impressed though

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 03-04-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #124
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Yesterday I bought AC2 and know what happened.

I can't get through the stupid Animus tutorial (Still in Abstergo)!!!

So if someone has a solution to this, ~snipped~ or a save game right after the Animus tutorial please post a link.

Moderator note [03-08-2010 10:18 PM]

Can't talk about that kind of thing here per Forum general rule 1.. Thanks.

I am back.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 03-08-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #125
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
I love how the townsfolk swear at you when you are looting people you've decked...

The funniest was... "He must be from Napoli" OMG..... if you are familiar with the regional biases Italians have.. this is really funny... I cant imagine any Neapolitans playing would be impressed though
Hmm, yes, they say that if you travel through Napoli and the areas around it (Sicily included), you're not safe even in the air. A plane might work, but don't stick your hand out of the window if you're wearing a watch because there's a very high chance it will mysteriously disappear.

This is, of course, exaggerated, but that's the whole point. I live no more than 80km away from Italy, so I hear about these things without even wanting to.

P.S. All the stories you may have heard about mafia on Sicily are true. If you ever go there, don't be surprised if you encounter a bunch of Mafiosos shooting each other with machine guns.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #126
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
I just started the pc version yesterday.

The ubisoft DRM requires you create a login and after that you dont really notice it.... unless your connection drops out of course Luckily this has not happened to me - I'm not sure exactly how often the game saves but there seem to be a checkpoint type thing - eg, after completing a task, scaling a viewpoint etc.

I think I like AC and Renaissance Italy far too much to not enjoy this game. I'm reading all the database entries with glee and climbing up buildings I've dreamed of seeing since studying Italian Renaissance Art in university. I still haven't got around to climbing Brunelleschi's dome, so I'm really looking forward to that (the first dome of its type since Roman Times). I'm actually hoping to visit Florence later this year so getting a refresher about the locations and history is fun.

Using a controller is a delight. So until my net crashes when Im in the middle of a boss fight, I'm totally happy with it I would like the safety of hack to bypass the net check and am waiting to see how long it will be until someone cracks it. I understand people will boycott the pc version because of ubi's DRM policies, and absolutely understand that. I'm happy to fork out to support the artists, coders, writers etc. who put their blood, sweat and tears to make such a unique game. Games with such Historical depth are few and far between.

Alot of people tipped 3-4 days... so we'll have to wait and see

mtfbwya
I played through the whole game in spoken Italian with English subs, such an authentic feel to it!

Enjoy the game, my favourite place is Firenze.
Favourite kill is double stealth blade kill, nothing is cooler in the entire universe ever.

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #127
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I'm hoping to pick up this game--can't decide if I want to get the 360 version to avoid the obnoxious DRM issue or get the PC version in order to install mods in the future. Decisions, decisions.
I heard there was a huge problem for PC players this weekend with Ubisoft's servers being down. After seeing this happen to Bioware's servers when ME2 came out, I was expecting something similar to happen to Ubisoft, too. Maybe they'll rethink this idea. Or not.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #128
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
It looks like masses of fun, though I really don't want to support Ubi's DRM decision. I figure I'll just hold off until the price drops, so that I don't support them too much, but still get the game. Yes, that sounds like a lame excuse to me too, but if I pretend to myself enough that it's ok, it will be.

Hit And Run Poster Extraordinaire
--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #129
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
I'm hoping to pick up this game--can't decide if I want to get the 360 version to avoid the obnoxious DRM issue or get the PC version in order to install mods in the future. Decisions, decisions.
I heard there was a huge problem for PC players this weekend with Ubisoft's servers being down. After seeing this happen to Bioware's servers when ME2 came out, I was expecting something similar to happen to Ubisoft, too. Maybe they'll rethink this idea. Or not.
Did Ubisoft even release mod tools for the game? I would recommend getting it for the 360 regardless of the mods or not because that DRM is just ridiculous.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #130
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
Yes, that sounds like a lame excuse to me too, but if I pretend to myself enough that it's ok, it will be.
No excuse is lame if you don't want it to be

I'm imagining the $90AUD I paid for the game has snuck past the fat cats in corporate and is being distributed among the pimply young coders and testers, who will use the cash to buy a Cindy Crawford poster and 2 cinder blocks and some chipboard/pine slats to make a college grade coffee table/entertainment unit.

Fig. 1

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Assassin's Creed 2, anyone?