lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sometimes the littlest choices have huge outcomes!!! [Spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #41
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quaking in your boots, eh Shem?

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #42
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I just got this comment about Carth being in TSL on one of my YouTube videos today that I thought was worth sharing:

Quote:
how do you get this it is insane!! And I swear I will hunt you down if its a mod!
Oh man!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #43
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Gaming Nerd
Then you've clearly never completed Kotor 1, coz when you fight bastilla in the star forge, she says, " I wanted to tell you that you were revan, you could have been the evil darklord again, but instead you gave it up to be a good, heroic jedi! get your facts straight you fat gaming nerd, I'm blocking you!
No matter how many times I read this, its always funny.

Quote:
Then you've clearly never completed Kotor 1, coz when you fight bastilla in the star forge, she says, " I wanted to tell you that you were revan, you could have been the evil darklord, but instead you gave it up to be a good, heroic jedi! "
And this has to do with Bastila being Kreia how?

Quote:
get your facts straight you fat gaming nerd
hahahahah
And only a fat gaming nerd would've been able to recite the above line. From memory.

Quote:
I'm blocking you!
Oh no, now what will Shem do now that he doesn't have your approval?

All right, where is fat gaming nerd number 2?

Quote:
I just got this comment about Carth being in TSL on one of my YouTube videos today that I thought was worth sharing:
Quote:
how do you get this it is insane!! And I swear I will hunt you down if its a mod!
with your e-spear?
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #44
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Sometimes I love the people on YouTube. I've read some of the funniest comments ever for the KOTOR games there.

Here is a theory someone just came up with about four hours ago:

Quote:
maybe kreia killed revan and stole his ship. because carth said that wherever revan has been the ship has also been there and when you are on the harbinger kreia is the one who saves you with the ebon hawk.
One of these times I'm going to go through all my video comments and post quotes on some of the funniest theories and clueless observations ever posted on my YouTube videos. Seriously, make sure you're not eating or drinking anything when you read them.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Last edited by Shem; 05-10-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #45
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Sometimes I love the people on YouTube. I've read some of the funniest comments ever for the KOTOR games there.

maybe kreia killed revan and stole his ship. because carth said that wherever revan has been the ship has also been there and when you are on the harbinger kreia is the one who saves you with the ebon hawk.

Your joking...right?

Shem...I envy you. Everyday you can look at your youtube comments and have yourself a good laugh to brighten up your day.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #46
Shem
Master of the Force

Here is a comment that I found on my Sacrificing Visas video today when I was preparing the odd comments I receive on YouTube about Carth being in TSL.

Quote:
"you how when u get in the ravager right? And then admiral carth is say i can't lose telos again well when i played second time new game the admiral was a black guy weird and u no how carth thxs u it was skipped and went to the part where the ebon hawk crashed again lol can anyone tell me y dis happenin?"

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #47
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5

Yeah. I want to be a YT jester for your account sometimes, Shem. It's hard to resist, because all those comments....are just asking for it. Which is I why I no longer go anywhere near your account on YT. I'm always afraid I might piss you off.

I'm under similar handle: GTA2SWcity. One of these days I'll come up wit a script for one of my ridiculous shows. I might review the inane "pink floyd" ROM hack of Donkey Kong NES.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #48
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:

One of these times I'm going to go through all my video comments and post quotes on some of the funniest theories and clueless observations ever posted on my YouTube videos. Seriously, make sure you're not eating or drinking anything when you read them.
Nice, Shem. I can't help but wnder if you'll make a video about the stupid theories people make.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #49
Shem
Master of the Force

Carth's Last Stand
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=CXz27HkrCKo

I just got this message on that video a little more than two hours ago:

Quote:
"yea but he is in KotOR 2 im srry im kinda confused"
At least this guy can say he figured how to choose the dialogue option to get Carth, but still lacks some serious comprehension skills!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #50
Allronix
Forumite

Honestly, my thought is that Kreia DID somehow bushwack Revan. And all those who didn't remember Carth was in K2? So sad, since Sbarge totally earned the paycheck with his scene, especially if you say Revan was LSF.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 03:01 AM   #51
vanir
Forumite

When I first played K1 and I know, I know this is a little sad, but I kinda developed one of those silly little fantasies about Bastila that you do when you don't have a gf, and what honestly blew me away, because I wasn't into the community and had no idea was that an actual romance developed in the game. Honestly I started wearing a tin foil hat. But then I was just tremendously impressed with the game which instantly shot to my all time favourite.

Playing TSL it was quickly obvious your choices/results in K1 were being tested early in the game. Light Side. Male. Easy, all I did was read and answer honestly. Hell that's how I played the first game, do what I would do.

Thing is though I still haven't unlocked all the dialogue options in TSL and of course have seen neither hide nor hare of any DS options since I do just go through RPG doing things I would do. That's the escapism for me.
The only way I've known about some dialogue options and gaming content is through the community, and some of them I still haven't unlocked or experienced simply because they arrive by choices that, when I'm actually in the game my character simply wouldn't do.
I knew Kreia was a Sith right from the getgo. Didn't talk to her much. Went after Handmaiden and Visas like a guided missile though. Didn't trust Visas at first but when I unlocked her personal story...well I was a bit miffed at the rape allegory by Nihilus and this event really brought me into the game. I was like a man possessed for the rest of it, determined fully to carve him into lightsabred meat patties for such an act, and totally dedicated to Visas' well being and protection. My only disappointment was that he turned out to be such a wuss and then this whole irrelevent thing with volcano breath and the hag was just boring, repetitive hack and slash with plainly no point, as it was plainly an epilogue more like a playable cut scene than anything else.
So the story for me really ended on the Ravager and it was entirely inadequate, with no follow up and conclusion with Visas. I'd rather have gone to an epilogue of a marriage ceremony with Visas and some dialogue interaction with Carth and Bastila, along with an attempt at some non-combat RP choices relating to civilian life for a sense of closure, than that annoying Malachor ranting hack and slash over who cares what (one day I'll make a mod for this).

You see I think RP is partly about playing style. And hot chicks. And you actually have to be less "there" to be so explorative in your options that you experience what the gaming engine, rather than your character's individual story has to offer. Inherently more limited, but also far more personal.

Most of these gamers who gave Shem those comments obviously played dark siders, by choice or complacency (like there's a difference). Their playing style I dare say is as condascending and dismissive as they are as human beings; they've a lot to learn as people and the type of game which is RPG in general reflects this for them. It is totally appropriate.

Our gaming group used to get the occasional addition who was more into sports spectating, bullying their way through life and generally being expectant of others join a session. The cost of their life choices are no imagination and the social development of a pirahna. They'd play one session, couldn't get into it, felt like a fool, found it boring or embarressing, couldn't handle party arguments without knocking heads for real and never returned, half the time breaking something like someone's mum's window with a shoe.

Now with video games you get many more people with no imagination getting involved. They're not really RP'ers and play them like an action-pausable FPS before going back to their regular FPS, which they consider RPG.
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #52
Shem
Master of the Force

About six hours ago I got this comment:

Quote:
"intersting..i never could get this..does Revan have to have been male to get this scene? my Revan's a girl."
Again, someone didn't read the dialogue choices when talking to Atton. It does make me curious to how many 1000's of people skipped over that one.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 AM   #53
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir View Post
They're not really RP'ers and play them like an action-pausable FPS before going back to their regular FPS, which they consider RPG.
After you play RPGs enough times, they're little better than FPS's with a storyline you still like. Still, KOTOR was probably the first RPG I think I've played. Seems a waste to only explore the same set of options over and over when there are often a lot of choices to make in a game. Even toward the end (last summer), as many times as I'd played either of the two, I occasionally ran across a piece of dialogue I'd missed. If you're going to treat the rpg like an fps, at least explore your options before going to default mode.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #54
Shem
Master of the Force

I was getting ready for another update to "What Game Did You Play" thread I have going and ran across some more interesting comments.

More about the Bastila is Kreia rumors:

Quote:
"yuppp. canderous is mandalore, kreia is bastilla."

"bastilla=krea main guy from #1=revan=main guy from #2 Canderous=Mandalore"
Queries about character outcomes:

Quote:
"okay wat happened to bastila? is she still alive?"

Of course, more queries because of dialogue skipping (or picking blindly) when the Exile talks to Atton on Peragus:

Quote:
"this is gonna sound stupid but i know how to decide if revans a guy or a girl but not if there light side or dark. so when do i get this option?"

"ok people. when i play knights of the old republic 2 i know how to decide if revan was a male or a female. aparently there is a way to decide if revan was light or dark side but i dont know what part this is or if i just havent realised ive been deciding. do you decide or is it based upon wether you are light or dark?"

"i saw bastila in kotor 2, i dont get it, i mean i can kill bastila so they shouldnt put here in kotor 2 to make it a lot less confusing"

"And how do I unlock all the stuff with Carth and Bastila? I've never seen anything in the game about them, really."

So is this a reason why so many people hated TSL? I mean is it the game's fault that people decided not to read the dialogue in a role playing game:

Quote:
"ok this is the part of KOTOR2 that really [ticks] me off you don't see any of your old crew member of the ebon hawk EG - Carth, Bastilla, Canderous exctera....

Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #55
Shem
Master of the Force

I got this quote after someone saw one of my videos of Carth meeting the Exile currently less than an hour ago:

Quote:
"How do you get this cutscene? i have never seen this one"

Old 06-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #56
Jedi Homer
Lurker

I just finished TSL last week and it was clear to me something was wrong with the game. So I went looking and thankfully found Wookipaedia and also TehPrincessJ and JediShemL at You Tube. I didn't know till I ran across this thread that Shem = JediShemL. So thanks very much for all the time and effort putting up those videos, they really help to fill in the blanks, (so many blanks *sob*).

Comprehension:
Anyway during my initial search for stuff on the cut ending I was on another TSL forum (cant remeber which one, so cant provide link), and someone posted about Kreia's prophecy for PC's friends.

The next post was something like this (paraphrased):

What! I've played Tsl 2 times, when does Kreia tell you about you're Friends?

No they weren't joking. Now how could you possibly miss it? Iirc 2 of the 4 options in the last dialogue lead to this, and you can go through the whole dialogue twice. I was dumbfounded.

Atton dailogue choices:
I never played KOTOR, and only recently picked up TSL because a friend told me KOTOR was excellent but nothing about the game. So when I encountered these choices I was a little confused i.e. 'why are they asking me for history I know nothing about? Who's this Revan person?' The information available to you through TSL is minimal at that stage. But I did suspect that it was to set something up, so I just set Revan to opposite my character and thought 'I'll find out'.

Really though I only found out the significance of these choices through Shem's videos etc. So I think you can forgive the section of the community thats like me.

Having said that I dont think the order of questions would make a difference. You either realise something significant is being asked or you don't. These are fairly bald untypical questions, and if you played KOTOR I think the link is fairly obvious.

Quote:
So is this a reason why so many people hated TSL? I mean is it the game's fault that people decided not to read the dialogue in a role playing game:
TSL is a subtle game. But I've seen posts and walkthroughs that will have something like this Kreia 'blah blah'. Kreia is very like Delenn in B5, she carries the burden of exposition. If you aren't listening to npc's, especially Kreia, you miss half the game, because this is where many of the themes are introduced and explored. Master Vrook is another example, many hate him so disregard what he has to say. I didn't like him either, but some of the things he says is quite illuminating. This is my round about way of agreeing with Shem that many of those that hate TSL simply haven't noticed the story because they have disregarded the dialogue.

Some recent players of PlaneScape: Torment post that it has no story. Yet its probably the finest story crafted for a cg to date (Chris Avellone co-wrote it).

These commentators are probably combat or build-centric and if thats the way they want to play thats fine, but they shouldn't mistake their play style for the story. I could go on here but it will lead to NWN, WoW and TOR so I'll stop.

Anyway in closing let me say that you should check out Shem's channel page and two vids on it 'Darth Vader in Love' and 'Atton's Death Scene Animated'. One made me laugh the other brought a tear to my eye.

Cheers.

The fall of Jedi Homer:
Sith Lord "But we have donuts."
Jedi Homer "hmmm...donuts."
Jedi Homer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #57
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Now I know why everyone hated TSL. It wasn't because of the crapload of stuff that was cut, it was because a crapload of people ignore everything in the game.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #58
Shem
Master of the Force

Here are a couple of comments in the last couple of days that added to the list of people who are lost in this video:

View page
YouTube Video

Though you never talk to Bastila, but see her, here is one of them:

Quote:
"wow [crap] you can talk to Bastilla in this game? o.O"
Here is another person who played the game, but obviously did not redeem her:

Quote:
"wait... but didnt bastila turn evil?? how is she here?"

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Sometimes the littlest choices have huge outcomes!!! [Spoilers]