lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod *UPDATED*

Now for Knights of the Old Republic & Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords.

This is a modified version of the Robes created on the Star Forge. The robes give the player the appearance of the Masked Revan model without a cape (cape version can be installed optionally). Also, the light side version of the robes has a new texture to go along with this model.
  • Files are compressed with 7zip.
*UPDATED* KotOR Download v1.2: FileFront, knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com
(Replaces the default Star Forge Robes)

*NEW* KotOR2:TSL Download: FileFront, knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com
(Robes added as workbench crafted items)

Read Me
KotOR
Show spoiler

KotOR2:TSL
Show spoiler

Preview: (Note: Dark Side Revan robes are not pictured (Bioware default texture), but they are included & do take on the appearance of the Masked Revan Model).

Full View Shots.
Show spoiler

Optional Cape Version.
Show spoiler

P.S. Should you not want to wait till the Star Forge to get them, then you can cheat them in with "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe06" and/or "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe07". (KotOR ONLY)

Last edited by Grey_Ghost; 08-24-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: download links
Grey_Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Lucied
Rookie

DAMN THATS AWSOME, im in awe, now once the K1 Enhancement pack is released i will play a new game of KOTOR with this
Lucied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Added download to update in first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucied View Post
DAMN THATS AWSOME, im in awe, now once the K1 Enhancement pack is released i will play a new game of KOTOR with this
Thanks! What is the K1 Enhancement pack?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Lucied
Rookie

The updated skin will not download correctly for me

and this is the enhancement pack

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hancement+pack
Lucied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #5
Christos K
Forumite

Really nice work on this mod. But I have one small request that I can not seem to get done with Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool. In Shem's Prequel Jedi Robes he makes Star Forge Robes more powerful using the UTI file. I can not seem to get these two mods to work together. If you could tell me how to get his stats for the Star Forge Robes to work on your mod that would be the best.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Really nice work on this mod. But I have one small request that I can not seem to get done with Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool. In Shem's Prequel Jedi Robes he makes Star Forge Robes more powerful using the UTI file. I can not seem to get these two mods to work together. If you could tell me how to get his stats for the Star Forge Robes to work on your mod that would be the best.
I no longer have KotOR installed, but I can offer some suggestions in regards to your problem. First you might try overwriting the g_a_mstrrobe06.uti & g_a_mstrrobe07.uti in my mods "tslpatchdata" folder with the ones from Shem's mod, then run my installer. You may need to replace your "appearance.2da" if you've already ran my mod's installer before, hopefully my mod's patcher made a backup for you. The patcher adds disguise tags to those files, and as long as Shem's mod doesn't... it should work.

Should that not work, there is another tool I've used when "Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool" has failed me. It's called "K-GFF Editor v1.3.1 by tk102", you can find it for download here at StarWarsKnights.com. BTW, you might need to use Internet Explorer to download it from there.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Christos K
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost View Post
I no longer have KotOR installed, but I can offer some suggestions in regards to your problem. First you might try overwriting the g_a_mstrrobe06.uti & g_a_mstrrobe07.uti in my mods "tslpatchdata" folder with the ones from Shem's mod, then run my installer. You may need to replace your "appearance.2da" if you've already ran my mod's installer before, hopefully my mod's patcher made a backup for you. The patcher adds disguise tags to those files, and as long as Shem's mod doesn't... it should work.

Should that not work, there is another tool I've used when "Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool" has failed me. It's called "K-GFF Editor v1.3.1 by tk102", you can find it for download here at StarWarsKnights.com. BTW, you might need to use Internet Explorer to download it from there.
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I got very upset with KotOR because I could not get a correct mod setup and I uninstalled it. Well I have about 30 mods so it only makes sense. When SpaceAlex's mod and a few other enhancement mods come out I will get a perfect set up and I will finally have a permanent install of KotOR. Plus after playing it 15+ times it gets really repetitive and I still have not been able to play through BoS:SR all the way. And I can not get all the gameplay value from the Project Yavin IV mod so poor me. Maybe this upcoming weekend I can get all the mods together and hopefully I can get your mod to work as well. Once again thanks for replying.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Flowing StarForge Robes Cape and Belt

Hi guys.

Earlier I got permission to do a little compatibility patch with this and the flowing cape and belt mods from Grey_Ghost (SithSpectre hasnt got back to me yet but I hardly imagine him objecting.)

So i did it.

<snipped>because KotorFiles havent verified it yet. And it appears to have collapsed for the moment as well.

I hope you all like it and please read the readme.

EDIT:
Ive been alerted to the fact that somehow I uploaded the wrong texture file. So I have fixed it and reupdated the link.

You ALWAYS get permission first before you release a mod containing others work. Also speaking as K-Files staff, this won't be uploaded until you HAVE obtained permission. -- j7

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC

Last edited by jonathan7; 07-08-2009 at 08:20 AM.
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
kothandki
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR
how does this download work step by step

sorry, i just cant figure it out lol

"Sir, sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction now!"
kothandki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

I've added a KotOR2:TSL version to the main post, and an updated version for KotOR (just consolidating my fixes on that one). I originally wanted to place the robes in KotOR2 at specific locations & based on Revan's status as told to Atton, but it was pretty obvious I was never going to get around to doing it. So it's just added as a workbench crafted item in that game.

This mod should be fully finished now. The only possible update I can think of would be a Flowing Cape version for the KotOR mod, but I don't know if Sithspector would allow it based on ganoesparan06 woes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothandki View Post
how does this download work step by step

sorry, i just cant figure it out lol
Well I'm obviously late on this but...
The files should extract into their own folder with 3 subfolders. Run the executable in the main folder and press install. In the pop-up box select your games main install directory (not the override folder), and it should install automatically no muss no fuss. It would probably be a good idea to backup your override folder if you've got a lot of different mods installed before adding this one (just in case). The installer should report if it had any trouble, as well as making any backups of files before modifying them.

There is an optional manual override install, but I don't recommend it for the uninformed.

As for using the Robes...
  • In KotOR either wait till the Star Forge to get your robe, or you can cheat them in with "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe06" and/or "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe07".
  • In KotOR2:TSL simply craft as many of them as you want freely at a workbench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere.
I'm not sure what you were getting at there.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
Grey_Ghost
Rookie

Now that I know what Bioware envisions a Light side Revan as I am tempted to make another one of these textures. Maybe someone else will attempt it.

Light Side Revan
Show spoiler

EDIT: On second thought they also show Revan with a brown robe and bronze armor.

Last edited by Grey_Ghost; 08-07-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
StarHero-D
Rookie

i love this mod

The Hero of the Galaxy

Filefront Name: uroll
StarHero-D is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod