lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Saber Blades
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Saber Blades

I've been wanting to make my own saber blades (not hilts)... But haven't been able to find a really nice, and easy tutorial to use... If there is one, could you give a link, if not, could you tell me? Thanks for any help...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Can anyone help me?

Quote:
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
katanamaru

It requires finding the files and editing them. The files are in a folder called effects or something. Once you find them you can adjust the colors in a program like gimp or create new lines and trails as well. That's it really.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Ok... Thanks...

Quote:
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
It requires finding the files and editing them. The files are in a folder called effects or something. Once you find them you can adjust the colors in a program like gimp or create new lines and trails as well. That's it really.
Alright, so I did that... I took one of the many saber mods on JK3files and edited the lines (made them wider and rounder), made it a pk3 and it didn't work... What did I do wrong, I double checked the new pk3 and the old pk3 and they're exactly the same (except for the lines)... Any help would be great...

Quote:
Old 12-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
katanamaru

There could be another saber blade mod in your base folder.
I've done this before: if you remade the folders the same you may have accidentally dropped the original file in your base.

Do not use the color black as a blade or core in JA. Black is the transparency color and may be causing a problem.

Other than that you may have to be more specific with your problem.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Alright, so I tried to make a mod using an existing one... I made the blade wider and a little bit rounder... I made it a pk3 and put it in my base folder loaded JA and the saber blades hadn't changed, I was still using the default ones... I don't think I have any other saber blade mods in, but I'll check... Thanks...

Quote:
Old 12-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
katanamaru

Maybe it is the deminsions you have your blades saved as. If you loaded up a core for instance and wanted to make it wider and just streched it out, that won't work. JA looks for the saber core, lines and glows to be saved at a certain sizes. Other than that you could load up what you have and I'll look at it.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
DarthJacen
Forumite

I fixed this problem by cutting and pasting the edited image using paint. That way the core dimensions remain a power of 2, you know 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256. Unless your dimensions remain a power of 2 the game will not use it.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Saber Blades