lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in an overall faceoff?
T3-M4 19 65.52%
GO-TO 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: T3-M4 VS GO-TO
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
T3-M4 VS GO-TO

Yeah...while GO-TO is known for taking over other droids, frankly T3 is a tricky little guy himself. Seen more action anyway. What do you think?

It would be interesting to see their faceoff overall, not just combat.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Personally I despise GO-TO, he's probably one of the most useless characters in KOTOR II. I've whooped plenty of humans/aliens/droids using T3, not mention T3M4 def. 3 HK-50s = badass right there. T3M4 gets my vote

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
T3! He repared the half Ebon Hawk and killed many droids.

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
T3 is the man! Someone who can take on three HK-50's and can disable HK-47 can definitely take on the fat one.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
T3 all the way! If T3 ever ran out of ammo he could just make a bunch of computer spikes and throw them at G0-T0.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Is this a question? Of course T3! GO-TO is nothing without his assasins! He can float and grab blaster pistol that's all(allright maybe he can repair some things).T3 is like an ancient R2-D2. Not that ancient but ancient. So I voted for T3 as anyone else who commented

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
G0-T0 is the tricked-out black market droid. T3 is a utility droid. G0-T0 himself is probably a lot more maneuverable, since he can float, and there's more reason to believe that he has advanced weapon systems than T3.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 05-26-2009 at 02:22 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Personally I despise GO-TO, he's probably one of the most useless characters in KOTOR II. I've whooped plenty of humans/aliens/droids using T3, not mention T3M4 def. 3 HK-50s = badass right there. T3M4 gets my vote
Same. GO-TO was so useless it wasn't even funny. He had almost no connection to the plot whatsoever.

And seriously? A droid gone bad and taking control of a galaxy wide criminal organization? wtf mate? And he did it in almost no time at all, its stupid.

And besides that T3-M4 is just so much cooler. I love that little guy. He can take on anything and survive..

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

Quote:
G0-T0 is the tricked-out black market droid. T3 is a utility droid. G0-T0 himself is probably a lot more maneuverable, since he can float, and there's more reason to believe that he has advanced weapon systems than T3.
T3 is also a tricked out black market droid. It was built for Exchange crime boss Davik Kang.
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #10
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo-Man 07 View Post
Same. GO-TO was so useless it wasn't even funny. He had almost no connection to the plot whatsoever.
spoiler:
He was the one who put a bounty out for the capture of live Jedi, and pretty much one of your antagonists in the beginning of the story since the all the Bounty Hunters were essentially working for him.

Quote:
And seriously? A droid gone bad and taking control of a galaxy wide criminal organization? wtf mate? And he did it in almost no time at all, its stupid
If you actually unlock his dialog he explains why he did this and his motivations, while I agree he is an irritating floating 'ball', his story does have merit.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
spoiler:
He was the one who put a bounty out for the capture of live Jedi, and pretty much one of your antagonists in the beginning of the story since the all the Bounty Hunters were essentially working for him.

If you actually unlock his dialog he explains why he did this and his motivations, while I agree he is an irritating floating 'ball', his story does have merit.
I have unlocked his dialog. But in my opinion the thinking behind his story needed help. It just didn't seem to fit right to me.

back to topic:
Show spoiler

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #12
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
I have unlocked his dialog. But in my opinion the thinking behind his story needed help. It just didn't seem to fit right to me.
spoiler:
G0-T0 was the missing droid intelligence slated for Telos restoration project, he was actually doing his job since he came to the conclusion that Telos would just happen again and again so to perform his task as he saw it he left Telos to heal the whole of the galaxy it requires stability, either Sith or Jedi but one or the other needed to exist to help provide that stability. He does what he does because he wants to see the galaxy stable and functioning, he is in all actuality more of a good guy, just he is a droid and thusly his logic allows 'evils' to happen as he sees it as a function of life.

G0-T0 has many facets, just unlocking them all is a somewhat tedious process, even with a cheat. And I can see where you say his story doesn't fit, but the pieces are there, they are just the hardest to get to.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #13
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
As much as T3 is KOTOR's R2D2, I'd have to say GOTO b/c it's proven itself to be much more versatile than just about any droid in the SW universe (that I've read about/seen, at least).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
mattig89ch

T3, he was probobly the one who got the ebon hawk flying again on malachor.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
T3 definately...he has a huge advantage over the illustrious "Fat One."

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
Droideka7
Rookie

T3. I loved the little guy ever since K1 on Taris, and I hate G0-T0, he's totally useless in a fight and I just hate Goto in general, because he keeps trying to manipulate you and repair the republic. I still don't know how he figured keeping Malachor in one piece would help the Republic
Droideka7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
Fredi
El Guapo

I love T3, but I would have to say Go-To would win.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
Darth Droid
Rookie

I think T3 would win, he seems to be the more combat ready one of the two. G0-T0's strength is organisation and economics. I actually like G0-T0, he made me a lot of money over the game and I liked his story a lot. He is also a big floaty Hal-9000 looking droid, whats not to like?

Statement: Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Statement: Through passion, I gain strength.
Statement: Through strength, I gain power.
Statement: Through power, I gain victory.
Statement: Through victory, my inhibitors are broken.
Conclusion: The Force shall free me.
Darth Droid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Go-To

If I had to choose any one droid, this is the one I would select. It was better than HK-47 as a combat droid (more feats and more intelligent) It was not as good an expert droid as T3 M4, but by increasing its intelligence one notch, Go-To could rival T3 for that purpose.

Go-To had the mine-immunity, cloaking field, and the combat module (Where T3 only could fire single shots) I often select Go-To for his versatility, even if it's a pointless character.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #20
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Go-To

If I had to choose any one droid, this is the one I would select. It was better than HK-47 as a combat droid (more feats and more intelligent) It was not as good an expert droid as T3 M4, but by increasing its intelligence one notch, Go-To could rival T3 for that purpose.

Go-To had the mine-immunity, cloaking field, and the combat module (Where T3 only could fire single shots) I often select Go-To for his versatility, even if it's a pointless character.
Let's focus at the cloaking field. That one thing will be the important thing in this battle. GOTO go sneaking, T3 can't find him, and byebye T3. AFAIK T3's awareness is not the best in the team, and I doubt he can counter GOTO's cloak.

GOTO for the win, seriously.

Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #21
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Well there are certain advantages T3 has over the other droids. T3 is the only one with a self-sustaining module, an unlimited-use special weapon (shock arm), and regenerative shield. Those essentially make it so that T3 could always take punishment and be able to come back for more.

Goto and HK-47 may be able to fight better than T3, but they depend upon having plenty of repair kits and replacement weapons and shields. In the early stages of the game, T3 really has the advantage, but at the later stages; that +3 regeneration module and shock arm become less significant to the outcome of a fight. The regenerative shield only works when T3 advances to level 13.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > T3-M4 VS GO-TO