lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #201
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tleboy View Post
spoiler:
Malak is drawing his power from the horrors which transpire in the battle around him; all of which is being amplified by the presence of Malachor V.
Show spoiler
I'll take a look, and see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tleboy View Post
[spoiler]
By the way, I've also experienced the bug reported by others with appearances getting mixed up, in my case between a textureless-headed Kobayashi, Solomon and Akirakon Sin. Very odd. I only have the "robes for Korriban students" mod installed, apart from SR. That's the only glitch I think I have experienced. Some solid beta testing there.
Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
Hey i have a little question concerning mod compability... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod? I havent played with that mod, and i wanted to make this playthrough as good and different from the vanilla kotor as possible, so i installed them both. There were no file replaces from what i could say, but since they are both big mods i cant be sure there wont be ANY conflicts... So has anyone tried playing with both installed?
Recruitable Kay was one of the mods I looked at before release to see if there would be any major conflictions, and from what I could see, there were none. As long as you use TSLPatcher to install both I don't see what could go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithspecter View Post
I did find one slight bug, though, but it's nothing important.
Show spoiler
It's already been reported, and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #202
tatesz
Lurker

Bug

Show spoiler

Last edited by tatesz; 06-03-2009 at 02:33 PM.
tatesz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #203
Pikmin

Ok, there are 2 things.
Show spoiler

Also:
Show spoiler
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #204
Lady_Revan
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR,Mass Effect,Bioshock
Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod?
I love the Recruitable Kay mod, I hope there is no conflict.

I'm pretty sure that the Kay mod worked just fine with the first BoS. Since they both used the TSL Patcher it should be okay to use them together.

I'm just now getting a chance to play BoS:SR so I'll be sure to keep Kay in the override and if a conflict comes up I'll come back.

~*~Revan

Lady_Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #205
Darth Leo
Rookie

I've only gotten through the original BoS, but I can already say, it's the best mod I've seen for the game. Ever.

However, I have a problem.
Show spoiler

Darth Leo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #206
Scoarch
Lurker

darth leo to answer your question
Show spoiler

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-04-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Fixed post, please use hidden tags whilst addressing story elements as per OP request.-RH
Scoarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #207
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

Thanks silver! Yeah, knowing you i kinda thought you had been thinking that kay should be compatible.

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #208
juansaman
Rookie

Current Game: Fallout: New Vegas
Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

Show spoiler

Cheers!

What an amusing specimen of Jedi you are.
juansaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #209
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatesz View Post
Show spoiler
It's a known bug. I'm still trying to determine what is causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
Ok, there are 2 things.
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
Also:
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansaman View Post
Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

Show spoiler

Cheers!
It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #210
Darth Leo
Rookie

Question Modules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoarch View Post
darth leo to answer your question
Show spoiler
Maybe I should clarify:
Show spoiler

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #211
Scoarch
Lurker

hmh you say that when you go to the door to the mining facility opens and there is an apartment? in that case you need to reinstall the mod in a clean override or you enter another module?
Scoarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #212
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Leo View Post
Maybe I should clarify:
Show spoiler

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.
Did you unlock the door using your security skill? If so, that would break it and you would be forced to load the game from when you first entered that area. You need to just click the door and open it as you would any other.

Though the fact that you can open this door and a few others using your security skill is something that is addressed in the upcoming patch.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #213
ARC Cody
Rookie

I found a minor bug when I'm on the Orion

spoiler:
When Daemon Drexl attacks the Orion and the cap orders the evac of the crew, the piggy beastmaster and one of the rodians on the crew remain where they are. And btw, when you're transported to the white plane, after you fight the shadow what do you do?
ARC Cody is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #214
Darth Leo
Rookie

Thanks, Silveredge. I had indeed used my security skill. I loaded a previous save and did not make the same mistake twice. The mod is quite fantastic, you should be very proud!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #215
juansaman
Rookie

Current Game: Fallout: New Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post

It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.
Ok, I've tried that. Savegame crashes. My fault by using too many mods, I think.... There is no way to force the appearance of Daemon?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, forget about it... I loaded again and worked.... Wtf? All I can say is that a long distance the mask doesn't seem to be equipped, and once I run near him it appeared by itself... Wierd...

What an amusing specimen of Jedi you are.

Last edited by juansaman; 06-04-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Solved!
juansaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #216
tatesz
Lurker

I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:
Show spoiler
tatesz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #217
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatesz View Post
I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:
Show spoiler
It's because you warped back to Dreshdae. You will have to load from a save before then.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #218
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
As i though, this mod is amazing. areas, characters and so ona re all top notch, despite the fact that I have only just encountered the Brothers of Shadow, this being my first playthrough of either of your mods

I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :S
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #219
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
This all looks very well done silver. I only hope I can accomplish something like this.

However, I've hit a little snag:

spoiler:
After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezes

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #220
teddy3110
Lurker

I am speechless. First of all, I think I should clarify a point for all people who didn't download BOS:SR. Contrary to the popular belief/nomenclature, BOS:SR cannot be a mod! I mean, a mod either changes something in the game (i.e. recruitment mods, new stuff mods), or adds some new missions, or both. Obviously we can't talk about the length of "changing something" mods, but the ones that add new missions... It took me 9+ hours to finish BOS:SR (and it was worth all of those 9+ hours). I didn't spend that much time to finish some of the games I paid for! So, if we cannot name BOS:SR an expansion pack or a separate game for legal reasons, we should find a new name for something this gigantic.

Silveredge, I don't know how to express my appreciation. Because I am one of those guys that have a bad relationship with words, all I can say is thank you for your great work.
teddy3110 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 02:24 AM   #221
ironheart
Rookie

Just a note- when I played through with the Selene from underworld as pc mod just about all the characters I ran into were headless me, heh. That was interesting. But when I removed the Selene files everything was fine.

Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.
ironheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #222
jedi_christian
Rookie

Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.
I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.
I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?
jedi_christian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #223
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Nice, you've finally finished this. Congrats!
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #224
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #225
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :S
Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
spoiler:
After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezes
Have you tried replaying the section, perhaps reinstalling BoS:SR into a fresh override?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart View Post
Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.
It depends if the mods you have downloaded use TSLPatcher, and use it correctly. It would probably be best to always install BoS:SR last, as the install file is designed to "adapt" it to whatever is currently in your override folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_christian View Post
Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.
I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.
I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?
The original BoS is included in BoS:SR, and there is no reason for you to download an install it after installing BoS:SR. That is unless you want a bugged game.

As mentioned above, install any mods that do not use tsl patcher first, and then install BoS:SR last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!
I've just tested it and the Hidden Bek base loads up just fine.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #226
Darth_Osmers
Lurker

Current Game: SW:KOTOR 2
I've found a quite curious bug i had installed Bos:Sr plus put all of Redhawkes mods in my override and in KSE there are four items labelled Mandalorian battle armor, one is the normal blue, 2 are the normal battle armour just red and yellow but the last is a robe! without the Redhawke mods its just metalic silver but curiously with them its Invisible! all that can be seen is the characters head and a weapon if your carrying one!
Plus Drix is now a fully robed and masked Darth Revan like my avatar

Last edited by Darth_Osmers; 06-07-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Darth_Osmers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #227
roflcoppter
Lurker

how can i download this Mod and Patches?
roflcoppter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #228
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
There's a link at Kotorfiles here.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #229
jedi_christian
Rookie

Quote:
As mentioned above, install any mods that do not use tsl patcher first, and then install BoS:SR last.
So I just have to install KotOR and BoS:SR again?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #230
Lord2
Rookie

I just played through it, and enjoyed it - well... as much as it could be enjoyed, my (new) graphic card decided to shut down the game once in a while so it was a hell playing through it. But it was fun.
I have like ~70 saves of the entire mod.

But, I didn't seem to pick up this one - have I missed something? When do I see this?
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...2/99985_70.jpg

Show spoiler

Overall, this mod is exciting to play through - I think it would be a LOT better if I could understand the plot too (had to skip everything). The custom areas were nice too. This is a great example of good team work!

Meh...

Last edited by Lord2; 06-07-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Lord2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #231
ARC Cody
Rookie

*SPOILER*

spoiler:
When i get to the new module with the cliff face and start going up the tunnel halfway up the screen blacks out and a few secs later Im at the foot of the cliff and Matilda says "we cannot deviate from our path" so basically im stuck. I installed BoS:SR on a fresh install of KOTOR.

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-07-2009 at 02:21 PM.
ARC Cody is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #232
Lord2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Cody View Post
*SPOILER*

spoiler:
When i get to the new module with the cliff face and start going up the tunnel halfway up the screen blacks out and a few secs later Im at the foot of the cliff and Matilda says "we cannot deviate from our path" so basically im stuck. I installed BoS:SR on a fresh install of KOTOR.
You aren't even supposed to go there. They're right!

Meh...

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-07-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Lord2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #233
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR?
no, but I have removed one, and since it was a robe mod, I suspect that's the problem. the problem probably lies either in the texture or the model... or possibly the shiny effect, since the female skins retain it and are unaffected by the issues. I'll try re-installing it.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #234
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Osmers View Post
I've found a quite curious bug i had installed Bos:Sr plus put all of Redhawkes mods in my override and in KSE there are four items labelled Mandalorian battle armor, one is the normal blue, 2 are the normal battle armour just red and yellow but the last is a robe! without the Redhawke mods its just metalic silver but curiously with them its Invisible! all that can be seen is the characters head and a weapon if your carrying one!
Plus Drix is now a fully robed and masked Darth Revan like my avatar
The items you found (Including the invisible robe thing) in KSE aren't bugged, and are like that for a reason.

Also I'm guessing your having problems with character's appearances because you've installed another mod that doesn't use TSLPatcher after installing BoS:SR. And so it's 2DA's have been overridden.

Quote:
So I just have to install KotOR and BoS:SR again?
I never said you have to install KoTOR again. Always install BoS:SR last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord2 View Post
Show spoiler
Use spoiler tags if your going to write about the plot. It spoils it for others who have yet to play BoS:SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
no, but I have removed one, and since it was a robe mod, I suspect that's the problem. the problem probably lies either in the texture or the model... or possibly the shiny effect, since the female skins retain it and are unaffected by the issues. I'll try re-installing it.
The best thing to do would be just to clear your override and start again. Place any mods that don't use TSLPatcher in there first, and BoS:SR last.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #235
jedi_christian
Rookie

Quote:
I never said you have to install KoTOR again. Always install BoS:SR last.
But I have installed all your mods in my override folder and the mod doesn't work ? So I thought that I have to install the game AND BoS:SR again
Old 06-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #236
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Ok... you are correct S9, Bek base problem must have been with another mod, although I cannot know for sure what it was - potentially Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest. That is another subject though - happily not your mod's problem!

spoiler:
On another note, I have been surprised to see "Shadow"'s popping up in my Taris and then Dantooine Mk.1 playthrough. IIRC, there was also a little creeping addition to the Revan v Bastila and gang cutscene.... nice little bit there

Game crashed out on me again on Kashyyk, watching Jolee pwn katarns... I think this new Nvidia driver is more to blame than anything.

I apologize if I missed it, but when I hit Korriban, nobody has working audio dialog.... it all just skips through at light speed. I have not revisited it yet, nor have I seen if this is a known issue. This is on a fresh install of K1, with only a featgain.2da and forcepowergain.2da added... no other mods beyond BOSSR.
EDIT: Engine bug. Not the first time I have seen it.... shutdown and restart of game fixed it. Looking forward to getting to the good stuff!

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 06-07-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #237
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
But I have installed all your mods in my override folder and the mod doesn't work ? So I thought that I have to install the game AND BoS:SR again
Clear your override folder. Install any mods you want to install with exception to BoS:SR. Install BoS:SR. Then everything should work.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #238
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Finished the mod today (wow it's long!)... didn't encounter any (significant) bugs at all. But I started a fresh game and emptied my Override.

All I want to say is, thank you Silveredge9, for this amazing mod. Easily the most enjoyable mod I've ever played. The dialogue is amazing, better than Kotor's. It being voiced creates a lot of atmosphere, too. At first I was sceptical about that since it's hard to get professionally sounding dialogue from amateurs. But your voice actors did a fantastic job, especially Koyabashi.

Hats off to you, silveredge9. I think you could be a great lead designer in the business!
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #239
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Cody View Post
*SPOILER*

spoiler:
M'yes, thats an annoying side effect of custome made areas.

The walkmesh isn't as save as those made by Bioware.
Best advice I can give is to stay clear of the borders.

Most of my walkmeshes follow the areas normally, don't go wall hugging or cliff jumping.

If your player gets stuck, switch to another party member.
If you're on your own, save and reload.

That should get you out of trouble.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #240
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Show spoiler

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge