lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The most emotional "scene" of a game. (spoilers abound)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
The most emotional "scene" of a game. (spoilers abound)

What do you think is the most emotional thing you have seen in a video game? It could be when you choose whether to kill Kaidan or Ash in Mass Effect, it could be a part of the bastila romance subplot like the kiss!

The most emotional thing I have seen in an RPG has to be Killing off ash or kaidan on Virmire on Mass Effect. This may be because I am driven by the new ME2 trailer :P

I feel it was quite emotional when finding out your Revan in KotOR!

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I shed tears during the whole Shadow of the Colossus plot.

Nah.

Oh, when Sora leaves Twilight Town with Roxas inside him and he doesn't know why he feels sad when he hugs his friends goodbye on Kingdom Hearts 2. s2

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
The most emotional thing I have seen in an RPG has to be Killing off ash or kaidan on Virmire on Mass Effect.
lolwut
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
jrrtoken

When the Jedi Council, and eventually Kreia, betrayed you at Dantooine in KotOR II. When I first got to that in KotOR II, it was so disarming, so sudden, that I was literally in a state of denial, even when I got to Malachor V.

When you found out that you were Revan in KotOR I, it was more of a "Aha" moment, especially the intro cutscene which flashbacked to all of the lines that foreshadowed the whole event. But, in K2, there was something there that was more effective.

Sure, the entire event had been foreshadowed thoroughly, with the "echoes" theme and all; but still, all that time spent gathering all of the Masters as allies to fight the Sith, while in turn, you were revealed to be nothing more than a pawn for the Sith, and the one who had been using you all along was your most helpful ally and mentor. The whole event was utterly emotional, IMO.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
The ending of FFX.
The ending of Ico.
When Navi leaves you in Zelda Ocarina of Time

Another one is in the climax of Myst 3: Exile, when Saavedro comes towards you speaking angrily, and it feels like he's looking out of your screen right at you. That was freaky.

Last edited by Serpentine Cougar; 05-31-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
The most emotional thing I have seen in an RPG has to be Killing off ash or kaidan on Virmire on Mass Effect.
Emotional? Well, I was pissed I couldn't kill off both of them. Luckily I hated Kaidan more, seeing as he was Carth and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
When the Jedi Council, and eventually Kreia, betrayed you at Dantooine in KotOR II. When I first got to that in KotOR II, it was so disarming, so sudden, that I was literally in a state of denial, even when I got to Malachor V.
Agree. I loved this scene; it drew me in, crushed me, and then made me push on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrami
When you found out that you were Revan in KotOR I, it was more of a "Aha" moment, especially the intro cutscene which flashbacked to all of the lines that foreshadowed the whole event. But, in K2, there was something there that was more effective.
Also agree.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Devon's post made me fear derailment of ANOTHER thread of mine..:P

I agree fully with PastramiX with the TSL thing. What made me more into it and emotional was the music you hear playing in the enclave and the end of the game if u choose the option to fly off in ebon hawk. It jerked a tear to my eye - because I got deep into the romance subplot of the Handmaiden and I wondered if she might of died? Mind you I watched a lot of soaps the day i completed it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Emotional? Well, I was pissed I couldn't kill off both of them. Luckily I hated Kaidan more, seeing as he was Carth and all.
I got major into the romance subplot with Ash, so it was kinda sad for me to let her go (coz I decided to go along with the "choices" it showed as examples in the trailers - plus I love sad bits.

At the start I killed Wrex without a hesitation - he sucks..

Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
When the Jedi Council, and eventually Kreia, betrayed you at Dantooine in KotOR II. When I first got to that in KotOR II, it was so disarming, so sudden
uh what

the jedi council are all shown to be giant dicks during the game. seeing as they let the mandalorians come in and tear up the republic for no then-apparent reason, it doesn't seem like a stretch they'd be willing to cut off the connection to the force of a guy they thought was dangerous and had already kicked out of their club

kreia choosing to kill the jedi or get pissed at an evil pc wasn't in any way surprising for someone who understood her character. while i didn't on my first playthrough, her whole 'kindness is weakness and manipulating people for your own ends is good' shtick kinda gave the fact she'd be willing to kill good guys (or at least as close as kotor2 had to those) or hurt the player away

Quote:
I was literally in a state of denial, even when I got to Malachor V.
i think it's a great scene, but it's in no way the stunning plot tweest you're portraying it as

Quote:
I got deep into the romance subplot of the Handmaiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Handmaiden
at the end of the game i'll tell you what my name is and that's it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avellone
So, I generally despise writing companion romances
lolwut again
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 AM   #9
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
uh what

the jedi council are all shown to be giant dicks during the game. seeing as they let the mandalorians come in and tear up the republic for no then-apparent reason, it doesn't seem like a stretch they'd be willing to cut off the connection to the force of a guy they thought was dangerous and had already kicked out of their club

kreia choosing to kill the jedi or get pissed at an evil pc wasn't in any way surprising for someone who understood her character. while i didn't on my first playthrough, her whole 'kindness is weakness and manipulating people for your own ends is good' shtick kinda gave the fact she'd be willing to kill good guys (or at least as close as kotor2 had to those) or hurt the player away

i think it's a great scene, but it's in no way the stunning plot tweest you're portraying it as

lolwut again
sorry - meant mira..god wat is wrong wit u - r u TRYING to derail my threads?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
sorry - meant mira..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst
I got deep into the romance subplot of mira
what? there's as much romantic dialogue with her as there is with kreia
Old 05-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #11
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The most "emotional" thing I've seen in a video game is definitely a scene from Mass Effect. It doesn't have anything to do with killing a character though.

OK, seriously, I'd have to opt for one of the Legacy of Kain game series. It would most likely be the scene from Defiance when Raziel is being consumed by/merging with the Soul Reaver. It's not a romance plot, but it was a very deep scene.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
The whole of Metal Gear Solid, especially when Snake has those touching talks with Meryl over the codec, or when Octagons talking about how love can still happen in the middle of a battlefield.

In fact, just about the whole game.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
jrrtoken

Quote:
Oh, I agree, it was foreshadowed heavily, and it could be predicted. Yet, one thing that I think was the main catalyst for shock was the false hope that you generated by uniting all of the masters. Most of them seemed grossly optimistic and hopeful about uniting and fighting off the Sith, and those feelings seemed to translate towards the Exile. It was built up so that it seemed almost certain that the Sith would be defeated by the Masters, the Jedi would reign again, happily ever after...

But it didn't happen that way.

That is why, I believe the betrayal is quite effective, especially when on your first playthrough. Sure, it was possible for them to do it, but it was the illusion of hope that the Masters gave off that clouded their their true agenda. To the player, it seemed as if they had turned another leaf. But, yeah, it was wrong, which is why I think that attempt to cut you off from the force could be disarming for some.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I found the Exile's confrontation with Sion to be "emotional". The point where Sion realizes he's been played by Kreia, that he's not going to be able to defeat the Exile, you really get the feeling you "broke" him.

The Council meeting was emotionally as well, but for me, more in the way it was told and portrayed, than by what occurred. But I wasn't expecting the Masters to cut the Exile off of the Force, so it was a bit of a shock, yeah.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Agree, This could be one of the most emotional feelings I have had on a scene of a game.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
When Kate McReary gets gunned down outside the church after Roman's wedding in GTA IV.

Well, Niko, there goes your dream of a "normal life" in America.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
"But Deekin doesen't like you!!!"

Deekins refusal to join Mephisto, with the serious setting, after allready loosing one companion to him, contains more (and better) emotion than a thousand death-of-awesome-guy/gal-x scenes.

VtMB:Opening the damned mummy container.

MoTB: Not finding all the mask fragments and being forced to choose betwen serving Kellemvor or move the world back to square one.
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon View Post
MoTB: Not finding all the mask fragments and being forced to choose betwen serving Kellemvor or move the world back to square one.
Wut?

*sigh* Guess I'll be playing MotB again soon.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
VtMB:Opening the damned mummy container.
It's not like they didn't warn you not to open it throughout the game. Almost excessively so

Quote:
Are you drafted as a wall guard by Kelemvor regardless of your alignment/evilness? Haven't played MotB as an evil character, but I've heard that one of the chaotic/evil ending have you...
Show spoiler

Or maybe that just happens if you have all the mask fragments?

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
Or maybe that just happens if you have all the mask fragments?
Not exactly. If you haven't found all the mask fragments you can choose several options depending on your choices so far.

spoiler:
- If you were of any alignment, you can choose to cast Akachi out of your soul and loose him on Rashemen again. You can still do this if you've found all the mask fragments.

- If you were of neutral or good alignment (possibly evil, but it doesn't seem like something an evil character could do) you can choose to "imprison" Akachi in your soul by sending to a dreamscape he'll never be able to wake up from. Although this ends the curse, you'll have to stay in the City of Judgment for eternity - by tying Akachi's soul to yours you've "accepted his fate as your own" or somesuch. I don't remember Kelemvor's rationale. Obviously this ending isn't available if you've found all the mask fragments.

- If you devoured Myrkul, you can choose to devour Akachi and fully master the curse. Being evil or devouring the Founder's soul might also be a requirement. For some reason it's only available if you haven't found all the mask fragments. If PCs who found them all could choose not to heal Akachi anyway, why can't you choose to devour him?

Quote:
Yet, one thing that I think was the main catalyst for shock was the false hope that you generated by uniting all of the masters.
What hope? If you spoke with Visas and Kreia throughout the game, it's fairly apparent that "normal" Force-sensitives are helpless against the new Sith. The Masters even admit they'd be dead too if they hadn't picked the right worlds to hide on.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #21
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
The most "emotional" thing I've seen in a video game is definitely a scene from Mass Effect. It doesn't have anything to do with killing a character though.
Hahahah I watched that scene today coz i finally managed to get a whole play thru of ME up.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #22
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Cougar
The ending of FFX.
This made me cry ;_; Especially when Yuna tried to hug him T_T

The last conversation with Bishop in NWN2's OC. It made me all "BAAAW don't you believe in true wuv!!!" D:

Gorramit, I am so embarrassingly vulnerable to cloying, maudlin moments :P

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #23
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Ending of Legen of Zelda: The Windwaker

You realise you're playing a direct sequel of Ocarina of Time. You visit 'your characters' tomb (bottom of the sea), retract the sword, etc. It would feel like finding a dying Revan in Kotor 2.

But the game's finale...damn.
You enter Ocarina's world. But by beating Ganon, you condemn the world. It must now go, after being on the bottom of the sea for far too long. And you see the King of Hyrule on the bottom of the sea, pushing you up in an air bubble whilst remaining behind himself. A bit like the Titanic scene in which you see the guy sink to the bottom of the sea.

An epic game. But I suppose it was so good because I played Ocarina first.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #24
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
the ending scenes for TFU was pretty darn good (and yes, that's both endings). the "canon" ending had the most emotional appeal, though. for shame that such a good story was wasted on a game that fell short on so many other levels.

and i can't leave this thread without mentioning the ending to Half Life 2: Episode 2. jeez, what a shocker and a serious tear-jerker to boot.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #25
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
^^Yeah...the ending of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 was so surprising, and left me in cliff-hanger mode. I think I went through a period of depression because of it

For those of you who have played World-In-Conflict: Soviet Assualt, there was a scene on which one of the main characters, a Colonel Orlovsky, who's character is extremely well-made, is shot by his ambitious Nephew, who is blinded by Soviet propaganda. It just took place at such a crucial time, that it really surprises ya. It's kind've a tear-jerker, depends on your point-of-view

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?

Last edited by CommanderQ; 07-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
BloodRayne Series(not much emotional in these, aside from the raging moments where you slash and stab anything stupid enough to attack you):

Jurgen Kills Mynce: Though you supposedly had seen her die twice already, you quickly find out that this time, its truly over for her. That, and it isn't a gun or sword through the chest that kills her. The psychotic bastard RIPS her heart from her chest. Might not be something that one would audibility have to go "Oh My God" when they saw it(as she wasn't really a vital aspect of the game, only acting as a sort of "in the dark" orchestrator), but still a "whoa" scene. Better graphics might have helped it, but I can't really knock the game for that.

Ending Fight BR2 - After the build up at the end of the game, and the reveal that Rayne's father isn't dead as an early cut-scene suggests(in BR2). While it is true that the ending fight isn't spectacular(cliche huge-sword wielding boss, who has a healing blood-pool that both he and the player can use), the line spoken by Rayne when she has one of her blades through his chest, and the other ready to slash his head off, does sort of tell you how much anger that has built up within her, because of what he chose to do, not for fun, but for a policy of his.

A few other games that I've played have had emotional moments in them, KOTOR and TSL being the obvious ones. With them, at least for K1, I almost knew the character was Revan(half because I was told such, and the other because it seemed to just fit if the player character was).

Some others, like Fable, had an interesting plot, nice level design and such. But even as the game gives you a "choice" ending, similar to KOTOR, they really aren't as dramatic in the long run. In Fable, you chose between throwing away the Sword of Aeons(Light or Good), or killing your sister to let the sword remain in your possession(evil, obviously). KOTOR does present you with almost similar things, but the implications in it, namely if the dark side path is chosen, are far greater. Even though Fable does give the player the idea that their character goes on to become a evil king of sorts, it doesn't have the same impact as visibly seeing what could be considered a "Crowning" ceremony, and then a massive fleet of ships rolling forth to assure dominance throughout the galaxy, in K1.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #27
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

When Kyle kills Jan in the DS story of JK: DF II.

Poor Jan.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

In Planescape: Torment

spoiler:
Saying goodbye to Mebbeth/Ravel* was pretty moving. Reminded me of Yoda dying in RotJ.

* This scene is surprisingly easy to miss. To trigger it, learn to be a mage from Mebbeth. Visit her again once you're done with Carceri and you'll be able to share some last words with Ravel. Although she's been killed, it takes her creations across the planes extra time to die.

That made me sniffle a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #29
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
In The Godfather, when someone kidnaps your character's girlfriend and kills her. Forgot the specifics.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #30
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Yeah, yeah, Kotor II council scene... masters try to take the Force from you, they tell you you're evil... I really found this scene the most emotional in a game, but even more so in the fan fiction 'Return from Exile' written by Machievelli. He captured the pieces of the scene that were lacking in the game to a great extent, which is why I found that scene to be the most emotional in a game.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #31
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
In Planescape: Torment

spoiler:
Saying goodbye to Mebbeth/Ravel* was pretty moving. Reminded me of Yoda dying in RotJ.

* This scene is surprisingly easy to miss. To trigger it, learn to be a mage from Mebbeth. Visit her again once you're done with Carceri and you'll be able to share some last words with Ravel. Although she's been killed, it takes her creations across the planes extra time to die.

That made me sniffle a bit.
I missed that one. I'll have to remember that for my next playthrough.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #32
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I was going to say losing a game in Madden is emotional...but I didn't think that would float with you guys...

These are prob. the top for me...

The last several minutes of Halo 3 were really emotional because it was the ending of the trilogy and the spartan that we all knew and loved. (Leaving Cortana behind in Halo 2 was pretty emotional as well)

The ending of Grim Fandango was heartbreaking b/c it was the best game/characters and it was coming to an end...(only game I've started tearing up for)

I found the ending of Zelda: Windwaker to be emotional as well...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out

Last edited by urluckyday; 07-12-2009 at 08:15 PM.
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #33
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
In Metal Gear Solid when Gray Fox fought Metal Gear Rex was pretty emotional. The best part was when he gave an awesome speech before getting crushed under Rex's foot.

Another thing has to be when I found out my princess was in another castle. I mean that's the most tear jerking thing ever. I just stepped on an army of Goombas, and destroyed all those Koopas. What's my reward for it, a little pale stoner smurf pops out and tells me to look elsewhere. Where was he in the beginning of the level with that info?
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #34
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
The scene in Half-Life 2 - Episode Two, where Eli dies is pretty sad. It's like the only death in the whole series that's actually mourned by anyone.

The scene in Lord of the Rings Online, when the players are forced to kill Amdir, their rescuer, after he has completely turned into a Wraith.

Rurik's "deaths" in Guild Wars: Prophecies

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #35
Lord Spitfire

Probably when you go to the Jedi Council in KotOR 2(Light side). Just walking in the places you walked during KotOR 1 was pretty . . . overwhelming, considering it took me five years to beat the first game (eh, don't judge me . . . i got it when i was eight years old and it was my first video game) I played it so much.

But what really made it emotional was the music.

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #36
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here

Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
Half Life 2 episode 2's ending.
spoiler:
Poor, poor Eli, HE WAS SO AWESOME!

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Betrayal View Post
In The Godfather, when someone kidnaps your character's girlfriend and kills her. Forgot the specifics.
You mean Monk's sister, Frankie. Well, that's mine too. I mean, after her death, I started killing sencelessly. I'd kill 500 in a building without realising. I was shook by her death. Really emotional moment.

Also, that's what caused me to execute Don Barzini with a molotov. Must have been hot.

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
The most powerful scene I think I've experienced in a game was surely with Deionarra's stone in the private sensorium, in Planescape: Torment. The words "moving" and "horrifying" seem equally apposite, and it's a perfect example of why horror and gore are not the same thing.

If you've played the game, you know why and it needs no explanation; if you haven't, I'm not going to spoil the experience for you, but will simply tell you to play the game as soon as possible.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #39
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
-Ending scenes in TFU LS version (especially when Galen and Juyo kiss )
-Tomb Raider Legend end clip (and a few others in the game)
-Tomb Raider Underworld (absolutely everything--but especially in the end level and the DLC, Lara's Shadow)

The LS council scene in TSL, when I first played it--made me wish I'd gone DS -_---but since then, it's just been *yawn* 'Heard it, heard it...skip it...gimme Force Crush already...' (I've been DS ever since the first playthrough. )

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #40
Revan 411
Forumite

The Jedi council scene in K2. Also, the climax scene was well done as well, with Kreia predicting future events in a philosophical matter. I thought Chris Avellone and the rest of Obsidian Entertainment wrote and designed these scenes with great depth and complexity.

Another scene I would like to point out is the intro and ending of Splinter Cell Double Agent original X-Box version. Not the 360, PS3, or PC version of the game. The first time you see Sam Fisher, you automatically know he's in great depression.
spoiler:
It just feels like a more personal story this time around, with Enrica dying at the end and his daughter's death in the beginning. These plot events were never foreshadowed in the previous games and the very first time when I played D.A, I wasn't expecting a tragic story like this. It just felt... shocking and disarming. Especially at the end. At first I thought the death of his daughter was stupid, being killed by a drunk driver, and all, but when I heard that in Convictions that her death wasn't an accident, I realized that they set up the stages from the beginning of Double Agent, all the way to the previews of Convictions.
I wonder how the plot will unfold...

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > The most emotional "scene" of a game. (spoilers abound)