lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The most emotional "scene" of a game. (spoilers abound)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #41
dewayne26
Rookie

mine is a old game but i still emotional. wing commander 3 when you learn Angel's fate, and Hobbes betrayal.

Dewayne
"The only easy day was yesterday" US Navy SEALs
dewayne26 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #42
JuniorModder

I could never be evil in either KotOR games. The most emotional part was watching my dad ruthlessly Mission and Big Z. (Sniffle)

Oh Yes, the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine in TSL. That Music man! Just hearing it brings me close to tears. It is the music in the game that says, "Kreia left you. She killed the remaining Jedi. It's all over now. You've reached the end of your long hard road."

DO YOU HAVE TO KILL ASHLEY OR KAIDEN?! I have just starded my first play through of of it, and I don't want to kill them!

EDIT: I just remembered one. The Good Guy end to BioShock. So heartwarming.

JuniorModder
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #43
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Kill Kaiden, he's useless.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #44
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
both of them are useless wrex/garrus krew 4 lyfe

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 11-03-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine Cougar View Post
When Navi leaves you in Zelda Ocarina of Time

Another one is in the climax of Myst 3: Exile, when Saavedro comes towards you speaking angrily, and it feels like he's looking out of your screen right at you. That was freaky.
Must agree with both of these, especially concerning Myst 3. Personally I think that feeling could be extended to the majority of the series (1-4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Bart Lasiter View Post
both of them are useless wrex/garrus krew 4 lyfe bitches
Definitely, I never really used Kaiden or Ashley much at all.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #46
Amducious
Lurker

Other than some that have already been mentioned, I'd like to throw one into the ball game.

Final Fantasy 7. (Obviously spoilers follow.)

The death of Aeris at the hands of Sephiroth.

For most, this is due to the fact she is the 'romance' element in the game, (although I always personally preferred Tifa, in the respect that I choose all dialog options linking the two, however the game still chooses Aeris), but also the fact that other than the main character, she is probably the strongest person on your team.

"Who I am is not important—my message is." Revan
Amducious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono_Giganto
Definitely, I never really used Kaiden or Ashley much at all.
Hmm
Wrex and Ash were my permanent squad members - i never bothered with biotics or engineering - and them 2 were the best combo for combat power

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #48
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
wrex is a biotic

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #49
JuniorModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
Hmm
Wrex and Ash were my permanent squad members - i never bothered with biotics or engineering - and them 2 were the best combo for combat power
So far, that's how I've had my party also.
Both are really tough.

JuniorModder
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #50
lockhead
Banned

Current Game: Rock Band 2
You said emotional, not sad or depressing, so I'm going to have to pick the ending to Legends of Rock. You just thrashed out the Devil, and after he's thrown into oblivion your band gets motorbikes with bat wings to fly out of hell. But after the scene plays the game loads up the credits...seems that you chose to stay and on a mountain of speakers you get to play the bonus song Through the Fires and Flames. That would have to be one of the big 'hell jeah' moments in gaming.
lockhead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #51
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here

Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
I have to update mine, because a game actually gave me a feeling I never had in a game before that was astonishing.
Anger.
I'm not talking about the grip your controller so hard it creaks and swear at the T.V. anger, I've had that plenty of times.
I wasn't angry at the game itself, I got the feeling of 'angry at the other side' type anger where you want to stomp them into dust, the kind that games try to get you to feel but ultimately epic fail, and well, this one didn't fail.
This game was Godfather 2.
And lemme tell you just wat happened:
Show spoiler

And in the end, I loved the Godfather 2, it's just awesome, and it will always puzzle me why it has such bad reviews.

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #52
Lex.mkr
Rookie

The final confrontation against Sion was very moving. Some of the things he said, like "If you go before her, you will be broken. If killing you will spare you what lies ahead, then kill you I must" or "I hate you because you are beautiful to me" left me thinking for a while before I went to Kreia. This breaked the "ooh hes total evil has no feelings doenst like bacon kill him kill him KILL HIM!!1!!one1one!" thing (like just about everything in TSL, tbh), and making you feel compassion for your enemy was a huge + when compared to KotOR's cheesy ending.

Another "emotional" game has to be Majora's Mask. The first time I played I couldn't really tell, but when I older I noticed the darker, depressing atmosphere. There are all those people for you to help, but helping them is rather pointless from a "cosmic" point of view: they do get happy when you help them, and for some on your help depends the ultimate purpose and happiness of their lives (Kafei and his... fiancée? I forgot now), but once you play Song of Time because that mean-looking moon is about to destroy the world, all that you've done is undone, and all those people are needing help again. As for the Kafei sidequest, I found it kind of hard to just leave them there to die. The Song of Healing, although beautiful, is depressing too, and that paradise-looking meadow with the huge tree and the masked kids playing is "lolwut? Did I die or what..?".

"You hear that meatbag? I will be back!"
HK-47's audition for Terminator 4 - Revenge of the Meatbags
Lex.mkr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #53
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
For me either the Final Scene in Fallout 3, when your dad dies in Fallout 3, or during the terrorist attack in Modern Warfare 2.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #54
Feagildin

Current Game: KotOR
I thought the scene in Final Fantasy VII where Aeris dies. That was the only time I got teary eyed in a game. I was 14 at the time. Since then I have gotten emotional feelings and a tight feeling in my chest but not teary eyed. Testosterone FTW! lol

But emotional moments for me have been being rejected by Bastila in K1, training Mira in K2, the Frostmourne scene in WarCraft III and the ending scene in The Frozen Throne, and the last battle of Chapter One in Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'm not gonna say anything else other than play these games, they are great fun, at least for one play through.

Oh! and don't forget: Mankrik's Wife = PwnD by Chuck Norris!

Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #55
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
The most "emotional" I ever got from a game was a just little spine-tingling during the final battle between Sovereign and the combined Citadel and Alliance Fleets in Mass Effect.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #56
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Last 2 or so hours of Metal Gear Solid 4. The first time I saw it I had seen my roommate play probably about half the game and knew very little about the series, yet it was still incredibly emotional and epic.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > The most emotional "scene" of a game. (spoilers abound)