Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview

This year at E3 True_Avery and I got the chance to sit down with LucasArts Executive Producer Tom Nichols to ask your questions about The Old Republic and threw in a few of our own. And we hit solid gold: Jumping is confirmed! Hit the break to read the full interview. Will there [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
True_Avery
Banned

(Sorry to anyone that noticed me posting this in E3 and it being deleted. Was told to move it here after writing it.)

Overall, I thought the interview was pretty good. Got some stuff in, and the "demo" mentioned will be explained in detail in a later new post so keep your eyes peeled.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #3
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Awesome stuff, as expected some of his answers sounded scripted, but there are some great tidbits of info.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #4
Saenjaina
Rookie

Current Game: GTA IV
Really nice. Good job!
Saenjaina is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Great interview, I think a lot of the important stuff was in there. But it's still hard to get any impression without having seen anything about the gameplay itself. Hope the "demo" impressions will ease the pain a bit.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Good interview, Nichols gave some decent answers to questions, but we haven't really talked about that yet.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Looks good. I'm increasingly excited for this.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Really great interview guys. The best one I've read coming out of E3. Thank you!

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Great interview!
Show spoiler

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
vaapad_juyo
Lurker

There have been so many great E3 interviews popping up recently. This is one I have not yet come across yet and to be honest, I have been secretly wondering if there is a jump function.
Seriously though, this was some fresh information. The more interviews I read/hear (especially some of the other ones) the more the game sounds very single-player instanced.
Anyone alse getting this impression?
vaapad_juyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
Saenjaina
Rookie

Current Game: GTA IV
No, I wouldn't say that.

They have put a lot of effort so far in promoting the SP aspects of the game. But by this I understand that they've polished the individual's experience of the game, in terms of e.g. NPC interaction (style and sound) as well as the possibility of doing much content independent of other players.

But this, I expect, are things highlighter in order to set the game apart from other MMORPGs today. And to fill the gaps in current games that fall to battlegrounds, grind and endless raiding.

Bioware is basically raising a new pillar og gaming, adding value to the concept of the storyline. Great move I'd say.

Leader of
Lux Aeterna
- A European SWTOR Guild -
Saenjaina is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview