lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ravager vs Leviathan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
WindraSkywalker
Rookie

Ravager vs Leviathan

which ship do you think would win in a battle, the ravager or the leviathan?
WindraSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I'm thinking...the Ravanger, it's much bigger then the Leviathan and it had more weapons I believe
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Based on an Interdictor-class Cruiser (Leviathan) against a Centurion-class Battlecruiser (Ravager), probably the latter. The individual ships themelves, if Nihilus was not at the helm of Ravager, it could probably be picked apart easily - it was falling apart, and technically un-spaceworthy, after all.

Last edited by SW01; 01-19-2009 at 05:30 AM.
SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
WindraSkywalker
Rookie

But wasn't the leviathan malak!s flagship? wasn't it bigger than the average sith fleet cruisers? also it has awesome firepower, taris was destroyed in just a few minutes,
Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #5
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindraSkywalker View Post
But wasn't the leviathan malak!s flagship? wasn't it bigger than the average sith fleet cruisers? also it has awesome firepower, taris was destroyed in just a few minutes,
It seems that the Centurion class was about twice the size of the other one. Also, Malak's fleet levelled Taris, not one ship.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
jrrtoken

See the ship on fire? That's the Ravager. See the ships off to the side? Those are Leviathans. Ravager > Leviathan.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Darth Hord
Rookie

Quote:

The Leviathan was the same size as all other ships of its class, and it wasn't just the Leviathan that glassed Taris. The cutscenes (Admiral Saul) states that there was a fleet of ships (probably other interdictors) that participated glassing of Taris.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
The Ravager would literally devour the Leviathan...yes it's THAT big.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
Thespair
Lurker

Current Game: Final Fantasy VII
Hello there
If I remeber well, Ravager was some sort of flying wreck. Only Nihilus held it in one piece, didn't he? Besides, Ravager was rather sort of transport to Nihilus then battleship.
Leviathan>Ravager
Thespair is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
If that was true, why did they have to sabotage the ship instead of just destroy it with the Republic fleet that was there?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
If that was true, why did they have to sabotage the ship instead of just destroy it with the Republic fleet that was there?
True, true.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
How about if ravager were whole??? Just a battle of the two.

Ravager looks like it might between that of a star destroyer and a super star destroyer.

Not eactly sure how big Leviathan or any other ship produced by the star forge actually was in comparison.

Size is one determining factor, but others are:
-weaponry on board which I'm not sure has been determined for ravager, however we have for leviathan
-armor and such
-on board systems to compensate for damage
-manuverability

None of which I am too awfully informed about, so I leave it to whom ever to find info and debate away.

Carry on.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Leviathan. Just because the Ravager was literally held together by sheer will and Force duct tape. Besides, I wouldn't put my life in the hands of a crew of zombies.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #14
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
^
QFE

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #15
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Why do I even bother?

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
DarthYuugi
Rookie

Current Game: Jade Empire
The Ravager was not destroyed when the Exile kills Nihlihus so the Ravager must have been able to hold together
Right. ?

Anyways my bet is the Leviathan would win

In my opinion when playing the game it was a lot bigger and blew up Taris and Dantooine

Just my Opinion

“They find themselves… or find themselves lacking.”

My Mods At Kotorfiles
DarthYuugi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
GarfieldJL
Banned

Leviathan would probably win due to the fact it wasn't being held together by chewing gum... Seriously Ravenger had corridors that were completely collapsed.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYuugi View Post
In my opinion when playing the game it was a lot bigger and blew up Taris and Dantooine
So the Leviathan blew Dantooine up on K1, the very same planet that's glued together, it seems, on the second game?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
Cattpride
Rookie

Sorry guys, but it appears that the Ravager is TWICE as long as the Ravager. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Centu..._battlecruiser

Besides that, the Ravager is highly corrupted by the Dark Side, and is being held together by the force. Malak ain't got nothing on that!
Cattpride is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattpride View Post
Sorry guys, but it appears that the Ravager is TWICE as long as the Ravager. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Centu..._battlecruiser
LOWUT?

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #21
WindraSkywalker
Rookie

The leviathan would win because they got better man power, there's saul karath too one of the best.. the ravager only got zombies. plus the leviathan looks cooler
Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
It seems that the Centurion class was about twice the size of the other one.
Once again...

Also, we only saw a drained bridge crew on Ravager. The other soldiers, officers, commandoes and dark Jedi aboard seemed normal. Also, it stands to reason that a vessel twice the size of Leviathan would have many more hands.

And, as I said above:

Ravager, sans Nihilus, would likely be destroyed by Leviathan. Ravager was not 'spaceworthy.' With Nihilus aboard...possibly not.

Centurion-class would very probably take the Interdictor-class easily enough, if the tradition of bigger ship = greater firepower and heavier armour holds true. But then, depending on the commander...

Quote:
plus the leviathan looks cooler
QFT

Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #23
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Centurion-class would very probably take the Interdictor-class easily enough, if the tradition of bigger ship = greater firepower and heavier armour holds true. But then, depending on the commander...
The KOTOR Campaign guide spells out a definitively superior armament for the Centurion-class battlecruiser. Also, you're making the hypothetical situation look more complicated than it is. When one lone ship is pitted against another lone ship which is considerably more powerful, then unless it has some ridiculously random weakness, the bigger ship is going to win.

Quote:
Besides, Ravager was rather sort of transport to Nihilus then battleship.
Which is why we see it directly leading the attack on Telos, right?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 01-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
The KOTOR Campaign guide spells out a definitively superior armament for the Centurion-class battlecruiser...When one lone ship is pitted against another lone ship which is considerably more powerful, then unless it has some ridiculously random weakness, the bigger ship is going to win.
Quite true. That's what I was getting at, really. Sorry if it didn't come through that well.

My other point related to the particulars of Ravager v Leviathan.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
Khadmus
Lurker

Quote:
When one lone ship is pitted against another lone ship which is considerably more powerful, then unless it has some ridiculously random weakness, the bigger ship is going to win.
Exactly. The Ravager is bigger, more powerful, and better armed/manned. It will win unless it has a ridiculous random weakness - such as, for example, Darth Nihilus not being present. That's a loss of a commander, a severe loss of durability, and many other things that the Leviathan could easily take advantage of to win.
Khadmus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #26
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadmus View Post
Exactly. The Ravager is bigger, more powerful, and better armed/manned. It will win unless it has a ridiculous random weakness - such as, for example, Darth Nihilus not being present. That's a loss of a commander, a severe loss of durability, and many other things that the Leviathan could easily take advantage of to win.
But what if the Leviathan has only one crewmember aboard, while the other vessel has a standard-sized crew? If that was the case, then the Ravager would certainly win. Therefore, the Ravager is the more capable vessel of the two.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #27
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
I think the Leviathan, too. It's not flying, star-destroyer formed junk *-*, and it has the better crew.

Remember: We're speaking about Leviathan and Ravager, and not about an Interdictor-Class and an Centurion-Class Ship.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #28
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Leviathon wins. Rapidfire turbolasers on it's port and broadsides, tons of fightercraft in carriage, high tech alien technology...

The Ravager is a scrapheap. Knock out Ravager's shields and every living thing inside is dead. It's got too many hull breaches.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #29
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious View Post
Leviathon wins. Rapidfire turbolasers on it's port and broadsides, tons of fightercraft in carriage, high tech alien technology...

The Ravager is a scrapheap. Knock out Ravager's shields and every living thing inside is dead. It's got too many hull breaches.
Actually, even though many of the Interdictor-class cruisers in the Sith fleet were made by the Star Forge, it is likely that the Leviathan wasn't. And i would think that the Interdictor class ships made by the Star Forge are made just like those that where made before Revan and Malak took control of the Star Forge.

And considering the two on opposite sides of a battle, it would seriously all come down to the ships captains, commanders, and crew. Not to mention the time period, and thus stating the damage the Ravager has, or doesn't have.

Though this does beg the question of what happened to the Leviathan after Revan defeated Malak, on either side. Revan likely couldn't deal with it if lightside. If darkside, would he/she have sent the ship to its death, because it was connected to his/her betrayal, and thus his/her fall from power?(Read that however you like)

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
Ibelin
Rookie

The Leviathan i think.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #31
Admiral_Thrawn

Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
If the Ravager was not a capable battleship then why did it lead the assault on Telos and if it was vulnerable to enemy fire then why did it almost rip apart Citadel Station without being blown to bits by the turbolasers?

Also Nihilus only prevented it from taking damage, as proven by the fact that bombs, not his death, led to the demise of the Ravager. Any ship with bombs inside it, messed up or not, is gonna be blown to bits.

Even without Nihilus onboard im pretty sure it would be able to fly, albeit barely. Also, you must take into account the factors of fear. If you saw a "ghost" ship, that should not even be able to lift off the ground, coming directly at you, would you try fighting it? The crew of the Leviathan were Human, Sith yes, but still Human. The bridge-crew of the Ravager were zombies, they would not be suspectible to such petty dillusions and thoughts. They would do the task as commanded by their slave-master, Nihilus.

Im pretty sure Admiral Karath would not be so wittless as to lead his troops against such a vessel as the Ravager. More importantly, against Nihilus. He was capable of draining Katarr of all life, save Visas whom he spared for unknown reasons. Geez, I mean the main weapon of the dark side was terror, the main weakness of the light fear. The mere presence of a vessel such as the Ravager would cause all who laid eyes upon it to flee over the horizon.

You seem to forget that guns and bombs do not always win wars, its the fear caused by them. Armor, engines, quality of soldiers and other factors are nothing compared to the Human physche.

Sheesh, if you wanted to do a comparison you have to take into account all the factors, not just weapon-wise.

Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"But… it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #32
Kjølen
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 

Not the best condition, but still looks like it would hold together long enough for its turbolasers to obliterate the Leviathan.

"Kjølen is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kjølen

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kjølen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #33
Ibelin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjølen View Post

Not the best condition, but still looks like it would hold together long enough for its turbolasers to obliterate the Leviathan.
Very creative comparison
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #34
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYuugi View Post
blew up Taris and Dantooine
Taris was destroyed by a fleet of ships that blockaded all of Taris. (Probably a reference to Han Solo's comment to Obi Wan in A New Hope). The Leviathan only ordered and participated in it's destruction. The Leviathan is not a mobile Death Star and without the rest of the blockade it would be unable to even put a small impact on the planet. Plus The Leviathan did not destroy the jedi academy on Dantooine (Dantooine was still intact. Only the jedi academy was destroyed as shown in The Sith Lords).The Leviathan could have only destroyed the academy if they did it while the Ebon Hawk was in it's tractor beam (very highly unlikely). Most likely the Dantooine jedi academy was destroyed by another one of the thousands of ships Malak had at his disposal from the Star Forge

Unfortunately I am going to say Ravager. But without Nihilus the Ravager would not stand a match against the Leviathan. However with Nihilus the Ravager is an unstoppable killing machine. Only stoppable if the Exile is able to kill his/her's counterpart Nihilus

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #35
mattig89ch

wasnt the raveger the mando flag ship in that battle?

in any case, it'd be a tough battle. since we see how many laser batteries the levithan has, but not how many the raveger has...i'm still going with raveger though.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #36
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Ravager because its TWICE THE SIZE meaning TWICE THE FIREPOWER and it was a star wars version of the black pearl, crewed by the damned captained by a man who couldnt be killed( only reason exile killed him is cuz she was empty of the force.) not to mention the leviathan was tiny and couldnt do much on its own.

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #37
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
Ravager because its TWICE THE SIZE meaning TWICE THE FIREPOWER and it was a star wars version of the black pearl, crewed by the damned captained by a man who couldnt be killed( only reason exile killed him is cuz she was empty of the force.) not to mention the leviathan was tiny and couldnt do much on its own.
If you are comparing this with Pirates of the Carribean speak then

Ravager: Black Pearl only 3 people on it

Leviathan: Lifeboat with 5 people on it. One with a pistol

It's obvious who would win

-Kyle Katarn
Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #38
Druganator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scales View Post
If you are comparing this with Pirates of the Carribean speak then

Ravager: Black Pearl only 3 people on it

Leviathan: Lifeboat with 5 people on it. One with a pistol

It's obvious who would win
where did those numbers come from? im talkin about the fact that nihilus cant be killed. except by the exile so if its leviathan vs ravager then ravager wins because the exile isnt part of the leviathans crew

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #39
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druganator View Post
where did those numbers come from? im talkin about the fact that nihilus cant be killed. except by the exile so if its leviathan vs ravager then ravager wins because the exile isnt part of the leviathans crew
I am estimating based on size, crew and firepower

The Ravager was destroyed because the Exile killed Nihilus. What if we talk about the Ravager without Nihilus and the Leviathan without Saul Karath

-Kyle Katarn
Old 02-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #40
Druganator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scales View Post
I am estimating based on size, crew and firepower

The Ravager was destroyed because the Exile killed Nihilus. What if we talk about the Ravager without Nihilus and the Leviathan without Saul Karath
then there would be no ravager and the leviathan would have no crew since revan killed saul and the crew and malak left it once he left for the star forge sooooo yea it would be an unmanned ship against nothing. and the whole idea would be irrelevant

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Ravager vs Leviathan