lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: How do you rate this episode of Lucascast?
Excellent! 7 63.64%
Very good. 4 36.36%
Okay. 0 0%
You can do better. 0 0%
It sucks! 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: LucasCast: Episode 7
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
LucasCast: Episode 7

Release date: 8 June 2009

Download page: www.lucascast.com/episode-7/

Summary:
  • Games we’re playing
  • The new Star Trek movie
  • Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron
  • E3 and the games we’re hoping to hear about
  • PS2 vs. PS3

Some of the links we promised:

And now for something completely different...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ

Star Wars/Star Trek comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUUhTgWpjSc

Steel Battalion!
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/...ft/Xbox/sb.jpg

Tony Hawk Ride!

http://www.besportier.com/archives/n...-hawk-ride.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront Rebellion:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbat...elitesquadron/

Recent TV Show cancellations:

http://tvdramas.about.com/od/tvshowsaz/a/cancel0506.htm

Star Wars Clone Wars

Oh go look it up in a book, I refuse to search for links to this rubbish.
Darth Groovy is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
*looks around* ...the podcast is up now.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 06-08-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added a clarification
Lynk Former is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Hermie
vs. The World.

Current Game: On the top of it.
Forum Veteran 
Excellent! Already listened one time, gonna go through again for various comments. :3

- Grooves, you don't get to complain about getting free inFamous. <.<

- FPSes are definitely for PC. I even played Halo 1 one it.

- LeXX, please don't be lost to online poker. ;_;

- I still like leXX's last name the best.

- I never was much of a Wolfenstein fan, but the new one has a Nazi Hose, so I'm pretty much sold.

- You already know, There was no Zune announcements at E3. I think it will come soon, though, they need to do SOMETHING with that thing. And I'm pretty sure Zune and Xbox are in the same division, Microsoft Interactive, so if they can tie in some Xbox functionality, they could definitely expand their user base.

- Star Trek movie was wintastic. A TV series with that cast would be pure bliss.

- Speaking of Borg, they are one of my favourite bad guys ever, and I really hope JJ/Kurtzman & Orzi will try their hand on them in the future.

- I didn't like the first Battlefront much, but I played 2 quite a bit (without Jedi, of course). Would be really nice to get number 3, as I know I will never play the portable version.

- Midi-clone-ians! Oo

- Lucasarts E3 talk is obsolete now, so I'll wait for the next cast to talk about it.

- Loving the Metroid Trilogy, I'm the same as Jeff, never had the gamecube, so I'm looking forward to playing the first two Prime games.

- I'm in the exact same boat as leXX, I was just gonna try out the demo for 10 minutes, because I was bored, and then suddenly I get 60 minute warning that the demo is done. ;_; But I know that I would spend all my time playing it if I bought it. I thought I was gonna buy a ton of games once I got my iPod Touch, but I got Peggle, and that was pretty much it. <.<

- It seems there are a ton of MMOs coming out now. The Agency, All Points Bulletin, Star Trek, Old Republic, Marvel, DC Online, Champions Online.... In addition to the free ones, I think we'll see market saturation pretty soon (if we haven't already...)

- I've said it before, Sony needs to do SOMETHING with the PS3, A hardware change, a price drop, anything. They're continuing to lose money and market share, and I don't think the very early tech demo silly motion control wand is enough to convince people to invest that much money in the PS3.

- Don't think we'll see the next gen any time soon. Sales are still strong, and "in this economy"... Besides, there haven't been that many iterations in computer hardware, the only thing I could think of that would be a massive upgrade would be quad core/i7 processing.

- I am convinced that Activision is filling our living rooms with plastic peripherals, until one day, Bobby Cotick will push the giant red button, and they will all come to life and take over humanity. You saw what happened to that Xbox in Transformers! (Incidentally, one of the worst pieces of product placement ever. Why would I buy a machine that will sprout legs and start murdering me?)

- HARD GAY and String Cheese Theory shout-outs! \ o /

...Longpost is loooong. <.<

Last edited by Hermie; 06-08-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Hermie is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
I have taken notice of this, I was waiting for Jae to be asked wwhat she playing..
"I'm still working on Lord of the Rings Online, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars"

LOTRO FTW

Taak Farst is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
jrrtoken

Great job guys, everything was well done and polished this time 'round. Well, except for leXX's and Jae's incessant laughter, but I guess that's expected from now on out.

Nice to see that ALPHA PROTOCOL got a mention, along with Dragon Age.

Actually, they already made a skateboarding game that utilizes the Wii Balance Board. It's actually verily enjoyable, although when using the board the game becomes infinitely more difficult.

The Steel Batallion ubercontroller is great, but they seriously need to develop one for the hypothetical TIE Fighter sequel, naturally.

Oh, and a most excellent pun indeed.
jrrtoken is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
"Crusty" Lexx?

"Crusty"?

:P

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #7
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Good episode, thanks for the email read!
Totally agree with your picks ACDC...two of my most infuriating moments as well.

Along with all your Twitter madness...I found this pretty funny.

lol btw...love the title groovy.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out

Last edited by urluckyday; 06-09-2009 at 02:55 AM.
urluckyday is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I want a Steel Battalion controller! That's epic!

They came out with something similar for Ace Combat a while ago, too... but it was optional, and you didn't NEED it to play the game. Plus, if I remember correctly, it could be used for other flight sims as well (though all reports were that it really didn't work that great...)

Still, it looked uber-cool.

I'm with Niner... NEW X-WING GAME!!!!!! (My joystick is collecting dust too... make of that statement what you will... )

And Lexx... any time you are handing out punishment...

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Thanks for the shout out Jae and i agree with Niner as well new X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter game. I just looked up the Steel battalion controller it is EPIC with a capital Q

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
- LeXX, please don't be lost to online poker. ;_;
Oh don't worry. It's just another one of my many part time addictions. I'm not happy unless I'm addicted to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonkH8er View Post
"Crusty" Lexx?

"Crusty"?

:P
What? I think that description is quite appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib View Post
And Lexx... any time you are handing out punishment...

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Sorry Grooves, I (like leXX) also don't have Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

That's not because I never played them, just because I don't like the concept or the execution. Sorry, but the fake guitar is just not my thing. Just as I wouldn't want to use a peripheral for Tony Hawk, I also don't want a guitar peripheral in order to bull**** it.

And while I agree with Moeller about a SP K3, I wholeheartedly agree with leXX - a new JA/DF game would have sold so well.

_EW_

PS. Hard Gay is where it's at.

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
That's not because I never played them, just because I don't like the concept or the execution. Sorry, but the fake guitar is just not my thing. Just as I wouldn't want to use a peripheral for Tony Hawk, I also don't want a guitar peripheral in order to bull**** it.
I prefer singing (which they make quite challenging on expert level), but playing the guitar is actually very fun, and the drums are definitely for banging on. The appeal is being able to play along with your favorite bands and songs, even if you don't have Les Paul or B.B. King leet guitar skillz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
PS. Hard Gay is where it's at.
Ufuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
EnderWiggin

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
I prefer singing (which they make quite challenging on expert level), but playing the guitar is actually very fun, and the drums are definitely for banging on.
I'll admit, I've never tried the singing.... but I'm not in the choir and I'd likely not be very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae
The appeal is being able to play along with your favorite bands and songs, even if you don't have Les Paul or B.B. King leet guitar skillz.
See, I don't like the mechanics of the game. So while it's fun to listen to my favorite songs, etc, I'd rather just listen than fake-play. All the games like that (DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc) just have a style of play that I don't enjoy.

I know I'm in the minority for disliking scrolling colored buttons coming up the screen and passing that off for a video game, but...

_EW_

Yes, I hate you.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #14
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
I know I'm in the minority for disliking scrolling colored buttons coming up the screen and passing that off for a video game, but...

_EW_
Yep, you are, but we love you anyway.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #15
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Quote:
I'll admit, I've never tried the singing.... but I'm not in the choir and I'd likely not be very good.

See, I don't like the mechanics of the game. So while it's fun to listen to my favorite songs, etc, I'd rather just listen than fake-play. All the games like that (DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc) just have a style of play that I don't enjoy.

_EW_
I admit that the "fake music rhythm" genre has played itself out many times over. I too got bored with the likes of Guitar Hero. I remember a few years back watching people play it and they always had such great fun. When Guitar Hero II came to 360, I had that game for all of a week before I traded it in. I absolutely hated it. Since I like to sing though, I always liked the Konami Karaoke games. In those games a needle matches the pitch of your voice, and you have to get that needle to match over the lyrics as they horizontally scroll across the screen. As you unlock gold and platinum records, you would unlock new costumes and characters, it was very addictive, however you would only have about 3 or 4 songs that were very cool, and everything else was fodder that most normal people have long since forgot about, and not a lot of rock and roll at all. I guess I fell in love with Rock Band because the mechanics were the same, but the songs were so super cool, and the "over drive" feature allowed me to howl and rant and ad lib in songs to get an even higher score. The best parts are that I can now play along side with people who are good at such rhythm games and still hold my own. Playing career mode in Rock Band 2 is to die for, because they will allow you to import your DLC, import all the best tracks from Rock Band 1 and also play any of them in career mode!

It's very hard for me NOT to get excited about Rock Band Beatles because I have been singing most of those songs since I was a child (next to the piano with my mom, who always said I had a beautiful voice). Also vocal harmony...enough said. My sister has a good voice too, so we will be all over this game when it comes out!
Darth Groovy is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #16
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

@force sensitive clones:
If i remember correctly, that was actually mentioned by whatshername (long neck, huge eyes, kamino) to obi wan in episode 2. (or was that in eu?... not sure) but its not far fetched at all.

@hate for kotor:
I don't see whats the problem with Jae mentioning kotor when Grooves manages to inject some clone wars b****ing into every cast.

@clone wars:
Sure its not that great and sure that LucasFilm is neglecting its older fanbase, but theyre creating a new fanbase. yknow, like with dead skin cells. Its a good business decision.

I dont bother with the clone wars, but hell, if i was 12 i bet it would probably be my favorite show on tv.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2009, 03:34 AM   #17
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Groovy View Post
I admit that the "fake music rhythm" genre has played itself out many times over. I too got bored with the likes of Guitar Hero. I remember a few years back watching people play it and they always had such great fun. When Guitar Hero II came to 360, I had that game for all of a week before I traded it in. I absolutely hated it. Since I like to sing though, I always liked the Konami Karaoke games. In those games a needle matches the pitch of your voice, and you have to get that needle to match over the lyrics as they horizontally scroll across the screen. As you unlock gold and platinum records, you would unlock new costumes and characters, it was very addictive, however you would only have about 3 or 4 songs that were very cool, and everything else was fodder that most normal people have long since forgot about, and not a lot of rock and roll at all. I guess I fell in love with Rock Band because the mechanics were the same, but the songs were so super cool, and the "over drive" feature allowed me to howl and rant and ad lib in songs to get an even higher score. The best parts are that I can now play along side with people who are good at such rhythm games and still hold my own. Playing career mode in Rock Band 2 is to die for, because they will allow you to import your DLC, import all the best tracks from Rock Band 1 and also play any of them in career mode!

It's very hard for me NOT to get excited about Rock Band Beatles because I have been singing most of those songs since I was a child (next to the piano with my mom, who always said I had a beautiful voice). Also vocal harmony...enough said. My sister has a good voice too, so we will be all over this game when it comes out!
Yeah...I have to agree with EW in that Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc. just don't tickle my fancy (I always found them to be quite annoying) but I think the Beatles release is big for a couple reasons...

1) Duh...it's the Beatles...biggest smash sensation of the century...
2) The Beatles are notorious for not really letting their music get out there (via iTunes and other digital services), so it's a big step for them to put their stuff into a video game.

While I don't respect RB and GH...but I most certainly understand the excitement for the Beatles version of RB.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #18
EnderWiggin

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
2) The Beatles are notorious for not really letting their music get out there (via iTunes and other digital services), so it's a big step for them to put their stuff into a video game.

While I don't respect RB and GH...but I most certainly understand the excitement for the Beatles version of RB.
^^This.

_EW_

Yes, I hate you.

Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > LucasCast Discussion > LucasCast: Episode 7