lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Neverwinter Nights MMO?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Neverwinter Nights MMO?

Quote:
Sources tell us that the developer is working on a massively multiplayer online (MMO) version of “Neverwinter Nights” with an eyed 2011 release.Neverwinternights-logo

Details about the project are unavailable, naturally, as it is an unannounced title. But this reportedly was the primary reason Atari was interested in acquiring Cryptic late last year. (The developer is currently working on “Champions Online” and “Star Trek Online”.)
Source:Variety

Thoughts?

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
jrrtoken

It all depends on who will develop it. BioWare is probably out of the question, since they're already developing TOR and two other games. Same thing goes for Obsidian, though I'm curious on what Avellone's take on an MMO would be.

Either way, if there is going to be another DnD MMO, I'd base it in an unfamiliar setting, instead of the redundant Forgotten Realms. Planescape or Al-Qadim comes to mind,
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I'd base it in an unfamiliar setting, instead of the redundant Forgotten Realms. Planescape or Al-Qadim comes to mind,
al-qadim is in the forgotten realms

seriously, play a d&d game or spend longer than 5 minutes reading wikipedia articles on its settings before bashing or praising them
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I can't see a Neverwinter Nights game going outside Forgotten Realms.

As for it being an MMO, I think it makes sense why they'd want to do it, though I'd much rather have an Obsidian-developed Neverwinter Nights 3.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2009, 02:46 AM   #5
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Don't we have enough MMOs already? What can this one do differently?

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It's already an MMO of sorts (although more Moderately than Massively). Besides, I wouldn't have thought there would be space for two D&D MMOs in an already bloated market (DDO being the other). Anything is possible I guess, but I can't see the licence ever being successful in WOW's playpen. Ultimately though it wouldn't surprise me. The lure of making the sort of cash that WOW does has proved too tempting for many devs (Bioware amongst them).
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Neverwinter Nights MMO?