lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: giving Items with scripting
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Telos Force Cage Script

I'm sure alot of you know about JCarter's Class Clothing. It supposedly restores the different clothes for classes (whether your a Guardian, Sentinel or Consular)

Well, I thought of a different more efficient way to do this.. unfortunately I know nothing of scripting, so I'm asking for a bit of help here.

Would it be possible to write a script that give your pc a certain item based on the class they are? (I'm guessing it could be, and ultimately, this isn't the hard part anyways)

secondly, what would need to be done to make this work so that the PC will have this item equipped in the force cage at the TSF base? Would you have to edit an existing compiled script?

EDIT: I'm sorry for being so dumb. I should've checked out the tutorials first. I guess I just didn't want to script, but I guess it doesn't look so bad. I'm getting DeNcs as we speak, and I am going to attempt to make this script on my own... though, expect a post asking for help in the near future.

Last edited by VarsityPuppet; 06-13-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Should've been smarter
VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Im pretty sure you could. You'd wanna make a script with three similar parts: each checking the class and giving a different item (if consular, give x; if guardian, give y; etc).
As for the second part, you would probably have to edit some 2da file to set that robe as their default robe. Not sure if you could make it different for each class though.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. The computer I'm on doesn't have Kotor Tool. You may wanna look at the script function filters and/or tutorials on this site for more info.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

I think I figured out how to do it... too bad I suck at script syntax. I was going to compile it, except my nwscript.nss and nwnsscomp.exe weren't working right, and then my KotorTool stopped working. I've been having problems with this issue forever and it pretty much sucks.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Malxados
Rookie

For the KT not working, if it still isn't working after a restart, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. It sometimes goes bad for me after a while and I've heard others say the same

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Well, I've recovered from my KTool error. I managed to find and decompile the script I was looking for. Using my little knowledge of If/Then statements, I attempted to modify the code, but I seriously doubt it will work. I haven't tried it yet mostly because I'm pretty sure it won't work. What do I need to do get this to work properly? (my code is in red)

Show spoiler

I need all the help I can get.

EDIT: I thought I posted this earlier but it was gone when I went to check. If this for some reason was removed by a moderator, I was not aware so please give me a break.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
Malxados
Rookie

well i gota go but I'll try to help tomorrow. one thing i noticed after looking a bit is that I believe you must change the second two "if"s to "else if"s

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 06-19-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Of course... else if! I'm going to try it out. I've been having troubles compiling the script, and then KotorTool crashed again. This time I found the source though. Apparently I had some infected exes, that whenever I ran them, it well, gave me a virus. Hopefully I can compile this, and then test it to see if it works. Thanks for the help so far Malxados.

EDIT: After a few syntax fixes, i compiled the script and.....

It totally worked

For some reason, KotorTool doesn't like to compile scripts for me, so I had to use Kotor Script Editor instead.

Last edited by VarsityPuppet; 06-20-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > giving Items with scripting