lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would Win? Whos Strongest? (two different questions i guess)
Team 1 9 18.37%
Team 2 18 36.73%
Team 3 5 10.20%
Team 4 3 6.12%
Team 5 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Dark Side Battle Royal
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
GreyJediMaster
Rookie

Current Game: kotor 2
Dark Side Battle Royal

kinda like a Pub Footy team match. except totally different. All against All, who'd come out on top?

Team 1:Traya,Sion,Nihilus

Team 2ark Side Exile,Darth Revan,Malak

Team 3:Palpatine,Vader,Dooku

Team 4:Bane,Maul,The Sith Captain from the old republic trailer (dont know his name, sorry)

Team 5:Naga Sadow,Ludo Kressh,Marka Ragnos
GreyJediMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Team 5 for me.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Probably Team 4. If Team 5 used lightsabers instead of swords, or Tulak Horde was on that team, than 4 and 5 might be somewhat evenly matched.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
1 or 5. Most likely five due to their true Sith blood.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Fredi
El Guapo

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
From least to most likely to win:

3 - Vader ain't all that great, Dooku was naive about the Sith and loyalty (the two don't go together well), and Palpatine can't really do anything Revan, Sion, and Kreia can't do twice as well.
4 - Bane's knowledge is extensive, but that's about it. Maul is an expert at Juyo, but that's about it. And the Unidentified Sith Captain is pretty awesome, but all we've seen him kill is a Jedi Master and that's not as hard as people make it out to be.
2 - The Exile's a Passive Force Vampire so she's a great team player, and Revan is a brilliant strategist, persuader, and Force User in general. However, Star Forge-less Malak drags them down.
5 - True Sith? I'd say these guys are a pretty tough challenge for just about anyone to handle. No weaknesses, but....
1 - Immortal Zombie, Sith Lord who can control everyone's perceptions and wield three lightsabers with telekinesis, and an aggressive Force Vampire that is Star Wars' most powerful known entity...how can they not win? The Triumvirate, had it stuck together, would have destroyed the Galaxy.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
1 - Immortal Zombie, Sith Lord who can control everyone's perceptions and wield three lightsabers with telekinesis, and an aggressive Force Vampire that is Star Wars' most powerful known entity...how can they not win? The Triumvirate, had it stuck together, would have destroyed the Galaxy.
Where, may I ask, does it say Nihilius was the most powerful Force user? Sion would be tough, and so would Kreia, but Sion isn't immortal (he died in TSL, so he can't live forever) and Kreia failed to kill the Exile with three sabers.

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Team 2 or 5, but Malak drags Team 2 down, so Team 5

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Sion only died because the Exile broke his will. She was beautiful to him, so he was unable to ignore her for long. She probably could have broken his will without even speaking. She was in his head.
But he still died. That still doesn't mean he's immortal.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #10
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
@ Ma Ping:

Sion - Essentially he died only because he wanted to. This is about as close to immortality as you can get.
Nihilus - We have Kreia, Tobin, and Visas to go on for first hand accounts. They all described a level of power unparalleled.
Kreia - Essentially she was defeated by an individual fueled not only by the power of others but by her own teachings. Kreia essentially was defeated by herself.

Together, I don't think anyone could stand up to this trio. The Exile had to pick them off one by one, and she was practically built to find weaknesses in these Lords no one else could.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #11
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
It seems no one voted for Team 3 so far, but that's not too suprising. As Lord of Hunger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
3 - Vader ain't all that great, Dooku was naive about the Sith and loyalty (the two don't go together well), and Palpatine can't really do anything Revan, Sion, and Kreia can't do twice as well.
What did Vader really do? Allright he killed Count Dooku. He killed lots of defensless kids with an army behind him, then he was defeated by a Jedi Master. Later he killed a 57 years old jedi master............well not really killed him. Ben allowed himself to be struck down. And probably that's all.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
@ Ma Ping:

Sion - Essentially he died only because he wanted to. This is about as close to immortality as you can get.
Nihilus - We have Kreia, Tobin, and Visas to go on for first hand accounts. They all described a level of power unparalleled.
Kreia - Essentially she was defeated by an individual fueled not only by the power of others but by her own teachings. Kreia essentially was defeated by herself.

Together, I don't think anyone could stand up to this trio. The Exile had to pick them off one by one, and she was practically built to find weaknesses in these Lords no one else could.
Just because in-universe characters describe him as powerful, doesn't mean he is. Two reasons why:

1) If he was so powerful, than how come three people were able to kill him? Vader was able to take on eight Jedi and still come out alive. Nihilius was facing two Jedi and a battle-hardend non-Jedi.

2) Leland Chee hasn't stated as such, therefore he's not the most powerful.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Team 2 or 5 although I dont like Malak and team 5 dosn't have lightsabers

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Team five win hands down. Them having Sword actually doesn't matter, as their weapons where still very powerful. Especially Marka Ragnos Scepter.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #15
Mindtwistah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma ping View Post
Just because in-universe characters describe him as powerful, doesn't mean he is. Two reasons why:

1) If he was so powerful, than how come three people were able to kill him? Vader was able to take on eight Jedi and still come out alive. Nihilius was facing two Jedi and a battle-hardend non-Jedi.

2) Leland Chee hasn't stated as such, therefore he's not the most powerful.
They were able to defeat him because the exile was a force vampire, a "wound in the force", just like himself. When he tried sucking the life out of the exile, his most powerful and devastating attack, it backfired.

So if the exile had been a normal human (That is, not a wound in the force) she would've died on that bridge in a matter of seconds.

I believe that either team 5 or team 1 would win.
The ancient sith team could whoop their asses, but Nihilus could suck the life out of them. Sion is immortal, no matter how many times you kill him, he will rise again. This could be used as a great meat shield while Nihilus is sucking the life out of everyone. Kreia.. well, she could make 3 lightsabers floating and chasing after everyone, creating panic

Last edited by Mindtwistah; 06-29-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
MacTavish

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah View Post
They were able to defeat him because the exile was a force vampire, a "wound in the force", just like himself. When he tried sucking the life out of the exile, his most powerful and devastating attack, it backfired.

So if the exile had been a normal human (That is, not a wound in the force) she would've died on that bridge in a matter of seconds.

I believe that either team 5 or team 1 would win.
The ancient sith team could whoop their asses, but Nihilus could suck the life out of them. Sion is immortal, no matter how many times you kill him, he will rise again. This could be used as a great meat shield while Nihilus is sucking the life out of everyone. Kreia.. well, she could make 3 lightsabers floating and chasing after everyone, creating panic
Nihilius just doesn't suck the life out of people. He has to kill them first. Besides, even if it did work that way, I'm sure he would've taken care of Mandalore and Visas first. If Nihilius just sucked out life, I'm sure TSL would've ended then and there on the Ravager. Nihilius also wasn't a wound in the Force. He was more of a Dark Side thing, judging by Kreia's comments. Really, Sion's the only one who'd have a good chance of winning, and even then, he'd probably eventually get defeated.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #18
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
I think Team 2, because the Exile beat Treya at the end of KOTOR2 and he also has great war experience( Mandalorian Wars ), because Revan is perhaps the greatest general and commander the galaxy has ever known, and finally, because there also is Malak, who is Revan's apprentice and has been taught by Revan himself. I think they should be able to defeat any other team... And as for Team 1, at first, we all know that Sion, except of being immortal, he knows about betrayal and would be easy to convince him to either turn on his master for betrayal, or try to take over , instead. Treya, (who got beaten in the end) wasn't able to "panic" the Exile at all! And also, the lightsabers can easiy be destroyed or kept-busy with a simple force choke(or kill), leaving Treya to her lightsaber skill... AS for Nihilius, he CAN suck the life out of leaving beings, IF they can't use the force to fight back ! (Like planets). And except of that (even if he could) , it takes time to prepare such a devasting force against someone, leaving Nihilius open to an attack (3 "force kill" are enough). Thought of that ? Anyway, I'm done...

Last edited by Nick Vader; 06-29-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Forgot some stuff...
Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Nihilius just doesn't suck the life out of people. He has to kill them first.
Then how do explain the fact that he drained the life from every living thing on Katarr except Visas? I doubt he went down there and sabered all that stuff first.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #20
Gob
Rookie

Team 1 wins by default, because of the Nihilus SuperForceSucka 9000 ability... If he doesn't have that, and Sion only gets one life, then Team 5 would probably win.

Team 1= Unbeatable due to the abilities stated above, but if they don't have those abilities, they'd likely get wasted early on.
Team 2= Two strong fighters with another pretty strong fighter... But they'd be outclassed by Team 5 and Bane, and would have a fairly hard time with 3.
Team 3= Vader's pretty durable, so he could probably deal some damage before going. Dooku would hold his own for a little bit, too. Sidious could also deal a lot of damage, and is their best bet against some of the other titans.
Team 4= Two average Sith, and an extremely strong Sith. Maul and the Captain would get beaten down, but Bane would last much longer.
Team 5= A superpowered Sith with two other very strong Sith... They could take Bane and Sidious without much trouble, as well as any other remnants. Unless the others team up against them, Team 5 would win about 3/4.

Gob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
Mindtwistah

Quote:
Nihilius just doesn't suck the life out of people. He has to kill them first. Besides, even if it did work that way, I'm sure he would've taken care of Mandalore and Visas first. If Nihilius just sucked out life, I'm sure TSL would've ended then and there on the Ravager. Nihilius also wasn't a wound in the Force. He was more of a Dark Side thing, judging by Kreia's comments. Really, Sion's the only one who'd have a good chance of winning, and even then, he'd probably eventually get defeated.
If I am correct, it backfired when he tried sucking out the life of the Exile (He probably didn't know she was a wound in the force) and so he got weakened, and the trio could finish him off.

Also, he didn't need to kill someone to suck the life out of them.
Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #22
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah View Post
Also, he didn't need to kill someone to suck the life out of them.
And he did it to an entire planet's population.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #23
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Then how do explain the fact that he drained the life from every living thing on Katarr except Visas? I doubt he went down there and sabered all that stuff first.
Do the words "orbital bombardment" mean anything to you? That's what my impressions are after reading "Unseen, Unheard"

Old 07-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Team 1 had their chance and blew it. The Exile defeated all 3 of them.

I had a tough time choosing between 2 and 5... I ended up going with team 5 mostly because of the lore. Team 2 is dragged down a bit by Malak, but the counter to that is he was great as Revan's apprentice... he only sucked as the head Sith.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #25
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Team 1: Traya, Sion and Nihilius would win. the weakest in thats group is traya (battle wise), so i think she would get skewered first. sion could have ten lightsabers stuck into him and hed just shrug it off. nihilus would be ecstatic. like a kid in a candy store; surrounded by a boatload of some the most force powerful beings in the history of their universe...

*NOM*

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #26
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
Team 1: Traya, Sion and Nihilius would win. the weakest in thats group is traya (battle wise), so i think she would get skewered first. sion could have ten lightsabers stuck into him and hed just shrug it off. nihilus would be ecstatic. like a kid in a candy store; surrounded by a boatload of some the most force powerful beings in the history of their universe...
While I don't disagree with your logic, keep in mind that the Exile defeated all 3 of that triumvirate on her own...

Nihilus has to be the wild card, considering his unique talent, but he couldn't beat the Exile so I don't know how the TSL Sith trio could beat the Exile, Revan, and Malak.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
While I don't disagree with your logic, keep in mind that the Exile defeated all 3 of that triumvirate on her own...

Nihilus has to be the wild card, considering his unique talent, but he couldn't beat the Exile so I don't know how the TSL Sith trio could beat the Exile, Revan, and Malak.
Yeah, but the Exile was the weakness of all of them: She was a Light side Force vampire (Nihilus), she was a beautiful presence in Sion's mind, and she was the favorite of Traya.
Nihilus' power lay in his ability to drain the life from other beings. He couldn't do that to another like him.
She was beautiful to Sion, so she was able to erode his will, and convince him that his life wasn't worth it.
Traya favored her, and taught her enough to defeat a Triumvirate of Sith and their armies.

Team 1 wins.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #28
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Yeah, but the Exile was the weakness of all of them: She was a Light side Force vampire (Nihilus), she was a beautiful presence in Sion's mind, and she was the favorite of Traya.
Nihilus' power lay in his ability to drain the life from other beings. He couldn't do that to another like him.
She was beautiful to Sion, so she was able to erode his will, and convince him that his life wasn't worth it.
Traya favored her, and taught her enough to defeat a Triumvirate of Sith and their armies.

Team 1 wins.
I still disagree. As you stated, The Exile "was the weakness of all of them", and the Exile is part of team 2. Team 1 cannot defeat Team 2 because of the Exile alone, and let's not forget that Revan and Malak are pretty powerful to boot.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #29
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Team 1 wins because it has the most ridiculously overpowered character in it.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #30
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Team 3...Vader = most powerful

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #31
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter

The Exile beat sion due to specific circumstances that would not be present in a "battle royal" like this. as long as nihilus doesnt drain exile, everyone else is wasted. then, he and sion could easily pick her off. (she would be the only one of the opponents left).

if nihilus tries to drain everyone at the same time, im not sure what would happen. remember, when nihilus tried to drain the exile, he was greatly weakened, not destroyed. would the combined power of all the other dark lords "negate" the damage done by him trying to drain the exile? im not sure. but i am inclined to think that theyd still get wasted.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #32
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
I'll have to agree with you on that. While I don't believe Vader is the most powerful guy ever, he did duel eight Jedi simultaneously and was able to walk out of that alive (wounded, but alive).

Quote:
Team 1 wins because it has the most ridiculously overpowered character in it.
LOL, I'll agree with you that almost every KOTOR character is either overpowered or overrated, or both.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #33
kingofsquid
Rookie

Let us not forget that Bane has impenetratable armor, and the ability to go into a massive rage and kill everything around him, and the thought bomb!

DANCE PARTY!!! :3PDANCE:
kingofsquid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #34
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsquid View Post
Let us not forget that Bane has impenetratable armor, and the ability to go into a massive rage and kill everything around him, and the thought bomb!
Bane doesn't control the thought bomb. He tricked Kaan into using it, but wouldn't dare use it himself. And if Traya or Nihilus used Force Lightning on his Orbalisk armor he would be poisoned to death.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
kingofsquid
Rookie

Well, if he noticed that he had no chance of surviving, he would use it to at least take the others with him.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #36
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

All would kill each other til only one guy remained. Then i would use a kitchen knife and stab him/her in the back.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #37
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Bane doesn't control the thought bomb. He tricked Kaan into using it, but wouldn't dare use it himself. And if Traya or Nihilus used Force Lightning on his Orbalisk armor he would be poisoned to death.
Well, I don't know about the armor, but I believe Bane knew every lightsaber form, so he could easily pwn Traya, seeing how the Exile wiped the floor with her. Nihilius would be more difficult, but I think Bane could win that.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #38
Gob
Rookie

Quote:
Team 1 wins.
ONLY if they have their special abilities. If not, they get super-pwned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
No. After he got his suit, he lost a huge amount of his potential; by the time of the original trilogy, he was only 80% as powerful as Sidious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
All would kill each other til only one guy remained. Then i would use a kitchen knife and stab him/her in the back.
Yes.

Quote:
(Various comments about Bane)
Bane's not all-powerful. There are several people who could likely beat him, as in, all of team 5, Sidious, and maybe Revan.

Gob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #39
kingofsquid
Rookie

Only the ancient Sith and Revan. Sidious was a wuss compared to Bane, or even Malak for socks' sake! And Malak's a wuss!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #40
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
Nihilus could drain Darth Bane of his life and his power before he got anywhere near the action.
Darth Nihilus: 10.
Darth Bane: n00b pwn3d

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Dark Side Battle Royal