lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Iranian Supreme Leader Orders a Probe into Recent Election
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #41
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Interesting coming from you, now, considering you're the one admitting to having a lack of motivation--with all due respect.
Yeah... I can be pretty two-faced at times... Sorry. I'm wierd like that... *shrugs*

Quote:
Then why are we even debating this at all? That's what I hoped to imply with Musashi's quote.
Oh... Well if that's the case, its about time for me to stop beating this dead horse.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #42
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Unfortunately it looks like this whole thing is going to turn bloody. The Iranian government is cracking down on the protesters, and even went so far as to have several family members of a cleric who was aligning himself with the opposition arrested.

I would love to see the Iranian people get what they want, but it doesn't seem like Ayatollah Khameni will allow it, and he is the one pulling the strings.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #43
jrrtoken

The more protesters they kill, the stronger the resistance movement becomes. As of now, most of resistance has been civil, even when faced with total violence. Yet, I could see it turning into an all-out civil war if Mousavi is either arrested or assassinated, by government-aligned militiamen or the government itself. That is probably one of the few chances of actual change in Iran, unless if an external power intervenes, though that is highly unlikely, as of now.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #44
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
^^^the change or the intervention?
I agree: The more they do (Iran's leadership) to suppress its people, the worse it seems to get for them.

Ah the internet and all those mobile devices capturing this...history in the making. News media around the world. It's all here. Normally I gripe at the media because it is so petty, but in this case it is offering a solution to a real problem.

Power to those people.

@ Iran's dictatorship: Smile, you're on candid camera all over the world.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
I'm sure a few people have seen this already, its a video of a university student named Neda just after being shot by a Basiji sniper for protesting. Its spreading like fire over the internet and certainly isnt winning Amidinajad any positive support from the rest of the world.
Warning, graphic content
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMvtIJC9Z_w

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #46
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ahmedenijad wasn't winning any popularity contests before this election. In reality, any action by the military is likely being ordered by the Ayatollah Khameni. He is the real power behind Iran's theocracy.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #47
Web Rider

Well, here's hoping for a fairly civil revolution if that's what it comes to.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #48
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
Not holding my breath, with the possibility of Ahmadinejad having actually won the election in the first place still there, it's not even certain that a revolution would be "the peoples choice". That, and Rafsanjanis dance isn't going too well lately, which means that even if Mousavi gets to be press (unlikely), it'll probably not be much change in areas such as foreign policy and the judicary.
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Iranian Supreme Leader Orders a Probe into Recent Election