lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Equipping NPCs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Alpharaider47
Rookie

Equipping NPCs

I'm re-texturing Vandar to make him more yoda like, and I was wondering if there was a way to equip him with a short lighsaber. I took a quick look through the forums but didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Basty ftw
Alpharaider47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
I'm re-texturing Vandar to make him more yoda like, and I was wondering if there was a way to equip him with a short lighsaber. I took a quick look through the forums but didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
There are a couple of ways to do it, you could do it via script (which is for example how Atton has a blaster on Peragus) or you could edit the creatures .utc file with KotOR tool and add it to your NPC's equipment slots that way. (You can access that via the creatures inventory in KotOR tool).

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
Alpharaider47
Rookie

Thanks, any chance you've got a link to a walkthrough?

Basty ftw
Old 06-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
With regards scripting these links should be helpful;

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...light=equiping

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...equiping+items

The easier way (the way I tend to do it is via the .utc). Just go into KotOR tool and find the relevant .utc, double click on it and explore the options - trust me its simple, and more than anything it's having the confidence to try things that will help you figure things out - what's the worst that can happen from double clicking on the .utc?

The .utc is located in BIFS, templates, and Bluprint, Character; in your case Vandar is called n_yoda, after double clicking on the window, the box will pop up, bottom left is the "inventory" button; click on that. You will then see a equip screen similar to the one in game, equip the weaon as you would in game. I hope that helps.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
Alpharaider47
Rookie

ok I will give that a shot, thanks for the help.

Basty ftw
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Equipping NPCs