lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Insignia_Enithma's Stuff
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Insignia_Enithma's Stuff

So, I'm very new to the modding world but with a long summer holiday ahead of me, I thought I might as-well learn to give me some upfront knowledge (I'm doing a game design course in the next school year).

Current W.I.P

None as of yet.

Completed Mods
[Kotor] Bastila Shan's Jedi Robe Mod

Last edited by Insignia_Enithma; 06-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...
 
Rtas Vadum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 744
Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
You can have a "dark side" texture without changing the Appearance.2da. You'd just need to have the ds texture with a different number than the normal texture, and specify the ds texture's number in the .uti file. You might consider adding the "Feat Required: Battle Meditation" prerequisite so only she can wear them(any other character would be wearing their own clothing, even if they have Battle Meditation).

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
You can have a "dark side" texture without changing the Appearance.2da. You'd just need to have the ds texture with a different number than the normal texture, and specify the ds texture's number in the .uti file. You might consider adding the "Feat Required: Battle Meditation" prerequisite so only she can wear them(any other character would be wearing their own clothing, even if they have Battle Meditation).
Thanks, and good point about the Battle Meditation.

Will I have to use a separate GFF Editor to Kotor tools to change the .uti file?

EDIT: Nvm worked it out.

Thanks! Rtas Vadum.

Pretty much finished now.

Last edited by Insignia_Enithma; 06-22-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Very nice robe, especially if this is your first try A suggestion: The Dark Side Robe's icon should be black or at least grey to give it a more realistic look You can do it, by creating 64x64 tga image(or search for an already made one) and name it ig_jedirobe78.tga Change 78 to your texture variation and you're done



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Very nice robe, especially if this is your first try A suggestion: The Dark Side Robe's icon should be black or at least grey to give it a more realistic look You can do it, by creating 64x64 tga image(or search for an already made one) and name it ig_jedirobe78.tga Change 78 to your texture variation and you're done
Thanks! And yeah the Icon for the Dark Jedi robes will be different. I will sort it out after I finish learning some basic scripting so I can get these items given to the PC easy.

Another thing, if I where to equip the dark side bastila creature with the dark side robe custom item, then place her in the override. Would she be equipped with them during the fight and then after if you choose to join forces with her.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...
 
Rtas Vadum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 744
Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Thanks! And yeah the Icon for the Dark Jedi robes will be different. I will sort it out after I finish learning some basic scripting so I can get these items given to the PC easy.

Another thing, if I where to equip the dark side bastila creature with the dark side robe custom item, then place her in the override. Would she be equipped with them during the fight and then after if you choose to join forces with her.
During the fight with Brejik, she uses a different appearance than her default(her "slave" suit). You would need to change a few utc files for her to have the robes in certain places. Otherwise she would be wearing what the game's original utc files specify.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Your stuff looks good man. Good work!

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Your stuff looks good man. Good work!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
During the fight with Brejik, she uses a different appearance than her default(her "slave" suit). You would need to change a few utc files for her to have the robes in certain places. Otherwise she would be wearing what the game's original utc files specify.
Ok, I have it so that when she joins your party on Taris she is equipped with her custom robes, but no matter what utc filed I edit, I can't seem to get her to wear them on top of the temple. And I can't check to see if there added when she joins your party as I had to warp to the temple as I don't have a save for there yet. (I lost all my save games recently).

If anyone has one so I can test that would be great, otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Kyr'am Galaar
Junior Member
 
Kyr'am Galaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 428
I have a save there.
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-2212payback View Post
I have a save there.
Would it be possible for you to either upload it or email it to me? It would be a great help as the temple fight and making sure Bastila has the dark side robe is the only thing stopping me from completing this mod.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
Kyr'am Galaar
Junior Member
 
Kyr'am Galaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 428
sorry, I thought I had one. I did, but that must have been before my comp crashed and i lost all of my files. sorry about that.
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...
 
Rtas Vadum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 744
Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
The utc file to edit so she wears your custom robes atop the Temple is unk44_evilbast.utc. You'll likely have to change a script to change the robes she spawns in whens she joins your party on the dark side path.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
The utc file to edit so she wears your custom robes atop the Temple is unk44_evilbast.utc. You'll likely have to change a script to change the robes she spawns in whens she joins your party on the dark side path.
Thanks!.. oh damn I've been avoiding the big scary looking monster of scripting and looking for more simple yet still effective methods. But if that is the only way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-2212payback View Post
sorry, I thought I had one. I did, but that must have been before my comp crashed and i lost all of my files. sorry about that.
Nvm, I guess. Someone must have one somewhere. Testing this last stage of the mod is proving impossible!
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Nvm, I guess. Someone must have one somewhere. Testing this last stage of the mod is proving impossible!
Well, that part of the game is not too far from the beginning so even if you don't have any saves, you can get there fast.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Well, that part of the game is not too far from the beginning so even if you don't have any saves, you can get there fast.
How is it not to far. ITS RIGHT AT THE END. :P
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
How is it not to far. ITS RIGHT AT THE END. :P
Oh, whoops I was referring to the slave scene Well that scene is a far away that's true.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Oh, whoops I was referring to the slave scene Well that scene is a far away that's true.
Yeh, that's why it's seems impossible to test this last part of the mod. I could always script it to be added at beginning of Bastilas Dialogue so that either way their in the inventory just in case. But I wont be able to test it that's the thing, and I don't like the idea of releasing a broken mod. That would be a bad first impression.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Yeh, that's why it's seems impossible to test this last part of the mod. I could always script it to be added at beginning of Bastilas Dialogue so that either way their in the inventory just in case. But I wont be able to test it that's the thing, and I don't like the idea of releasing a broken mod. That would be a bad first impression.
Yes, well I strongly recommend testing it before you release it. You could warp to that module or if it causes some bugs I might be able to write a script for that(just tell me what's the bug).



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Yes, well I strongly recommend testing it before you release it. You could warp to that module or if it causes some bugs I might be able to write a script for that(just tell me what's the bug).
Ok, I warped to the end.

I've managed to have Bastila equipped with it for the battle, but the battle does not actually activate as I have of course not got to that point naturally. Hence the need for a save.

See Picture below.

It sucks that I'm so close yet so far.


How the mighty have fallen...
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Ok, I warped to the end.

I've managed to have Bastila equipped with it for the battle, but the battle does not actually activate as I have of course not got to that point naturally. Hence the need for a save.

See Picture below.

It sucks that I'm so close yet so far.


How the mighty have fallen...
The only one you need is Jolee I believe. He has part of that conversation. Oh by the way did you manage to start the conversation?



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #21
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
The only one you need is Jolee I believe. He has part of that conversation. Oh by the way did you manage to start the conversation?
She says the "Malak didn't think you would come...." bit then theirs nothing. Which means I can't see if the utc files i edited for her darkside party member actually changed anything. Looks like Jolee is actually required for the whole dialogue.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
She says the "Malak didn't think you would come...." bit then theirs nothing. Which means I can't see if the utc files i edited for her darkside party member actually changed anything.
If that is the last line she says then I could edit the dlg file, so she can join you and you can see if your script/robe works.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
If that is the last line she says then I could edit the dlg file, so she can join you and you can see if your script/robe works.
Would you? That would be awesome. I'm logging off for the evening (I'm in the UK) so I can come back to this with fresh eyes tomorrow. I would of course credit you for your help as I will be any others who have helped.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #24
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Would you? That would be awesome. I'm logging off for the evening (I'm in the UK) so I can come back to this with fresh eyes tomorrow. I would of course credit you for your help as I will be any others who have helped.
Allright as soon as I finished editing the dlg file, I will post it here. You should just put it into the Override, and warp to the module.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #25
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Allright as soon as I finished editing the dlg file, I will post it here. You should just put it into the Override, and warp to the module.
Sounds awesome. Again, thank you
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.
 
Darth Payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Grong, Norway
Posts: 2,491
Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Wow, that robe looks Nice.


http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'


SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #27
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Okay it was harder than I thought but I managed to do it(I hope so). Put these files in your Override, warp to the module and speak with Bastilla. She should join you, then.
http://f.imagehost.org/download/0344/unk44_evilbast2
http://f.imagehost.org/download/0934/unk44_evilbast

I have a feeling that it won't work. PM me if you have any troubles but I hope it will work. Enjoy



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #28
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Okay it was harder than I thought but I managed to do it(I hope so). Put these files in your Override, warp to the module and speak with Bastilla. She should join you, then.
http://f.imagehost.org/download/0344/unk44_evilbast2
http://f.imagehost.org/download/0934/unk44_evilbast

I have a feeling that it won't work. PM me if you have any troubles but I hope it will work. Enjoy
I'll check it out as soon as I have a spare moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Wow, that robe looks Nice.
Thankyou, you don't know how much your comment and other peoples comments drive me to try and get this thing finished without you guys interest I probably would have given up by now.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #29
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Sorry for the double post,

After much fiddling and testing with help of course, My mod is complete. Now I just need to upload it, and release it to the public.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #30
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Good to hear that you finished your mod Once, it is uploaded I will definitely give it a Download!



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 AM   #31
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
So, work on my new mod has began. The IEMM or Insignia_Enithma's Multiclass Mod will allow you to multiclass you party members into appropriate classes (So no Carth jedi's for example). This allows for more versatility and changing the focus of members of your party (for example, making Jolee a Jedi Guardian).

I hope theres some interest in this sort of thing. But to be honest, as with the Bastila Mod, I'm just making it for fun.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if you check the first post, you'll see updates and screenshots whenever their available.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #32
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
New Problem: Dialogue Options aren't showing up any more.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #33
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Rookie
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
As much as I don't mind answering questions and helping out, I really think multi-classing and destroying a character's template totally kills the spirit and story of the game. Carth shouldn't sneak and mess around with computers. He should blast the hell out of baddies and angst non-stop.

Still curious regarding wheither or not you'd balance out the original classes since Sentinels suck big effin' time. And since you seemingly appear to like Bastila...

And don't get me started on that Wookie being a Scout and having Uncanny Dodge.

Oh, Bioware. That being said, I get that devs want the game to work and don't see balance as *the* priority. Still, it wouldn't have taken that long to fix a few things. Oh well.
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2009, 03:24 AM   #34
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
As much as I don't mind answering questions and helping out, I really think multi-classing and destroying a character's template totally kills the spirit and story of the game. Carth shouldn't sneak and mess around with computers. He should blast the hell out of baddies and angst non-stop.

Still curious regarding wheither or not you'd balance out the original classes since Sentinels suck big effin' time. And since you seemingly appear to like Bastila...

And don't get me started on that Wookie being a Scout and having Uncanny Dodge.

Oh, Bioware. That being said, I get that devs want the game to work and don't see balance as *the* priority. Still, it wouldn't have taken that long to fix a few things. Oh well.
I have actually been considering not continuing to build this mod, partly because I realized, the flavor doesn't really fit (and I really would prefer to make mods that do fit the flavor of the game), and of course there the whole balance issue, where making certain character certain classes (though up to the player) could seriously weaken them. I'll have made my decision by the end of the weekend, but I'm sure I'll have another idea soon, maybe i'll learnt to script a bit mroe and do something more simple.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #35
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Rookie
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
I have actually been considering not continuing to build this mod, partly because I realized, the flavor doesn't really fit (and I really would prefer to make mods that do fit the flavor of the game), and of course there the whole balance issue, where making certain character certain classes (though up to the player) could seriously weaken them. I'll have made my decision by the end of the weekend, but I'm sure I'll have another idea soon, maybe I'll learn to script a bit more and do something more simple.
You know, the PC giving characters minor bonus skills/feats through dialogue after meeting prerequisites is actually a great idea. Doesn't screw up game balance that much or the NPC's original premise.

You could have, say,

Soldiers teaching weapons' specializations
Scouts giving a bonus to saves
Scoundrels giving a bonus to certain skills.

You could then have the bonuses given to Bast, Juhani and Jolee depend on the PC's Jedi class. Hell, a class-based bonus to stats would work. Just, you know, don't give class-defining bonuses like Jump/Immunity/Focus to everyone based on your starting class.


All in all, minor but fun stuff which would be different depending on the starting class. Still a lot of work, though, especially in light of the fact that editing the .2da and .utc files would amount to pretty much the same in the end.
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #36
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
You know, the PC giving characters minor bonus skills/feats through dialogue after meeting prerequisites is actually a great idea. Doesn't screw up game balance that much or the NPC's original premise.

You could have, say,

Soldiers teaching weapons' specializations
Scouts giving a bonus to saves
Scoundrels giving a bonus to certain skills.

You could then have the bonuses given to Bast, Juhani and Jolee depend on the PC's Jedi class. Hell, a class-based bonus to stats would work. Just, you know, don't give class-defining bonuses like Jump/Immunity/Focus to everyone based on your starting class.


All in all, minor but fun stuff which would be different depending on the starting class. Still a lot of work, though, especially in light of the fact that editing the .2da and .utc files would amount to pretty much the same in the end.
Out of interest, how wouldI check my PC's class in a script?
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #37
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Rookie
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia_Enithma View Post
Out of interest, how wouldI check my PC's class in a script?
Code:
#include "k_inc_debug"

int StartingConditional()
{
    return(GetLevelByClass(CLASS_TYPE_SOLDIER,GetPCSpeaker()));
}
OR

Code:
#include "k_inc_debug"

int StartingConditional()
{
    return(GetLevelByClass(CLASS_TYPE_SCOUT,GetPCSpeaker()));
}

OR

Code:
#include "k_inc_debug"

int StartingConditional()
{
    return(GetLevelByClass(CLASS_TYPE_SCOUNDREL,GetPCSpeaker()));
}
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Insignia_Enithma's Stuff

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.