lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VI: Death to the Sith
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #81
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Tavaryn gave a hearty laugh. "Yes on top is right." He maneuvered his ship to land on top of the ship and snapped into place with the landing claw. "Literally on top. So what's the deal with this planet? I heard about a Jedi of some years but that's about it. What have you?"

Master Komad, he can sense you through the Force. Tonatius ahd sent the warning through the Force, hoping that Master Komad heard it. He stood right by Kalla, giving a comforting presence to her.

Ahead was the strange hermit. He looked straight ahead, no emotion on his face. He said, "If we cannot have one, than may we have another. Good faith is has been shown."

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #82
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"You may be able to sense us though why you call me a Jedi is beyond me. Yet can you sense those that have masked themselves within the Force or cut themselves off completely?" The strange sword wielding fellow asked.

"I can't sense everyone through the Force, those that are skilled in masking their presence and those that are weak beacons in the Force I have some difficulty with, but then again, detection through the Force is only one way of finding people, I have my natural senses, as well as the ability to sense the intentions and wills of others," Vector told him bluntly.

"There is something else we are looking for: a lightsaber. If you will not give us the holocrons, will you at least let us have that?" The female Jedi inquired.

Vector mused to himself for awhile, and then spoke in a more neutral tone than he had been, "Ah, a lightsaber you say, I found that with the holocrons, I had no use for it, and I felt the taint of a Jedi on it, so I simply left it alone, only activated it, oooh, maybe three times at most during my stay here."

"I will take you to the lightsaber, if you so desire," Vector told them, motioning them to go down a small path into the ruin's interior.

"If we cannot have one, than may we have another. Good faith is has been shown." The strange fellow said again.

Vector simply looked at him with a somewhat confused look. "I don't know if you want something, or you're on deathsticks, but if you're trying to say something about the lightsaber as well, I'd appreciate basic, not philosophical bi-speech," Vector said rather angrily.

"Now, if you want the lightsaber I suggest you follow me, and tell your friends they can come too," Vector said, pointing to his surroundings suggesting he knew that others were around; he turned making his way into the ruins, whether they followed or not was up to them.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #83
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I was removing it, the Dark Side taints Jedi worse than anyone, or at least it can from such a powerful influence as this holocron is. I was trying to hide my presence so as not to distract anyone unnecessarily with the frequent ground tremors on this planet, everyone has to keep on their toes, yes?"

Alriana narrowed her eyes at the force user. Something here was off...The woman was obviously good at conceling herself in the force but something about her was slightly..wrong.

"My name is Pahro Utonula, also known as P to the rest of the galaxy. I thought I was coming here on an archaeological expedition in order to get material for my next show, but here you are! Would you mind sparing a few moments for an interview?"

"Not at this time...no. I need you to carefully hand over the Holocron. These things are not only dangerous to Jedi but to all Force-users. They can twist you...shape you into something you are not."

"I can sense the cold on you. You have just recently awakened from cryostasis. Even archaeologists and reporters can be sensitive to the Force. From what era are you, exactly, Jedi?"

"I will answer your questions in due time...But first we must gathere all of the Holocrons I left behind here...and my lightsaber."
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #84
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Very well," replied Pahro. "I will help you search." In the meantime, she decided to pretend that she was distracted enough to absentmindedly "forget" she was still holding the holocron of the Sith Lord. As she stepped over piles of rubble, both of the intentionally- and unintentionally-formed varieties, the "reporter" put on a very good show for the mysterious, previously-frozen Jedi woman. After all, it was not completely a charade. Pahro was smart enough to know that the best lies were half-truths. Any fool could spot a bald-faced falsehood, but it took skill (and luck) to call out a half-truth on its face. This one? She wouldn't catch it.

Meanwhile, Andirrul decided not to change coordinates for Jatalra. She would let Pahro deal with the more menial aspects of collecting intelligence on the Jedi. As for herself and her crew, they would refine their skills on Nar Shaddaa. It was a planet formed for secrecy, as the wet Jatalra had been.

Once they had landed, the first place the Dark Lady went was to the musty, dusty warehouse-court of Doja the Hutt. He was a distant descendant of the infamous Jabba, and he had his great-great-great-great-grandfather's shrewd instinct for bounty hunting. Did he have any slaves or prey in stock?

"This Jedi scum costs ten thousand credits," Doja drawled. "Total weakling."

He'll do, mused Andirrul. He's barely even a Padawan, but he'll do.
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #85
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Thank you." Kalla replied, following the hermit into the ruin. "He's got a point, you know. I don't know of anyone else, even among Avalonians, who talks like you do. Not that I mind that much." She told Tonatius as they were walking through the ruins.

"Stand down. It looks like Kalla doesn't need our help after all." Komad told Kurt. "We should join them anyway." He added, entering the ruin. "I am Jedi Master Komad Kaltas. We understand your attachment to the holocrons, and we make no further attempt to take them from you." He explained to Vector. "I'm glad my daughter was able to a find a diplomatic solution to this."

Last edited by Alkonium; 07-04-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #86
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
"Yes sir" Kurt said as he stood up.

He lowered his aim and the rifle now rested in his arms. He followed after Komad and entered into the ruin. He had never been in this place before, he felt slightly unwanted. This was a place that belonged to force users after all. After Komad spoke Kurt decided to introduce himself as well.

"Master Sergeant Kurt Krovak, Republic Super Soldier. I too am glad there was no bloodshed."

Kurt wasn't sure what to think of this hermit. He carried a lightsaber and lived here but he didn't seem like a threat to the group. Still Kurt was slightly uneasy about this man. He didn't like that fact that he didn't know where to go but this hermit did. He also wasn't a fan of him being right in front of Kalla and Tonatius. Kurt walked slightly faster to catch up with the young Kaltas.

"Good to see you're alright ma'am but to play it safe, I'd like to be right behind your new friend here in case he gets any ideas."

Without another word Kurt moved in front of the two and placed himself behind the hermit. If he attacked the hermit would have to go through Kurt to get to the jedi and he would prove himself to be hard to get past.
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #87
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
Sam'kil was in the sparring room, testing his skills against an automated drid, not the best of opponents. They were nearing Nar Shadaa, if the Republic Ship (Hint: Alkoniums) wished to catch them, it would have to use Warp Speed, which the ship probably would, at which point, more than likely, they would already have changed their ship to a more... Neutral look. The ship would be renamed the Trafalger, and be painted to look closer to the Clone Wars ships of the same class and similar shape. Hopefully, all before the Republic got here, but that was up to the Force.

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #88
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I will help you search."

"Before we go...I need you to hand over that holocron. I will detain you if necessary if you refuse to hand it over."

Alriana narrowed her eyes.

"Hand it over. That thing belongs with an experienced Jedi Master who can acess the gate keeper."
Old 07-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #89
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

(OOC: I'm going on vacation to Wisconsin with my family starting tomorrow, and I will need someone to take over Pahro Utonula and Andirrul until the 11th. Thanks for your help, and I'll try and post as much as I can today! )

Force! I knew this one, my intended bait, would not give up so easily! Either I shall have to give up the prize that my Mistress is after, and which she needs in order to conquer the Jedi completely, or...I have something else stowed away in my pack... She carefully removed a diamond-encased device that appeared remarkably similar to the holocron, so much so that it could serve as a decoy, but Pahro knew that decoys would not fool this Jedi, no matter how cleverly-crafted they were. That was why this device was a different sort...one that would start ticking off time in a matter of seconds.

"Here," said Pahro, handing over the holocron-decoy. "This should be what you're looking for." Little did the Jedi know that Pahro had activated the device by trying to crush it, and in so doing, activated its defenses. It was a grenade, the tiniest grenade ever known to the galaxy, and it contained a radioactive core. Once it exploded, the one who cradled it would die, and all others in the immediate vicinity would suffer acute radiation sickness for weeks, if not months. After the decoy was safely in the Jedi's palm, Pahro fled, aided by the Force. She ran as if a herd of malraas lionesses were pursuing her, and as if ten Jedi Masters had taken up the chase as well.

Fleeing was the coward's way. Nevertheless, it brought Pahro the time she needed to scramble back into her courier's vessel and engage the ignition.

Through the Force she aimed to rule, she heard an explosion. Hurrah!

The real holocron was hers, and soon it would become Andirrul's. This would surely put her, the Dark Lady of the Sith, forever in the spy's debt...!

And she'd pay. Just as the Jedi had, she would pay for dismissing Pahro.

"Relax. There is no poison in this drink, and you are not in Force restraints."

Andirrul herself, acting the part of a sluzhanka, a serving maid, brought a glass of Nar Shaddaa's finest sparkling darkberry wine to her prisoner.

The Jedi Padawan scowled at her. "I'll never join you evil Sith. Never!"

"Did you hear that?" She turned to Tyrannus. "That's what they all say, isn't it?" She watched as the young man, thirsty as he was, took a sip. "There is no shame in drinking when you need a drink. We do not intend to kill you."

"Then how is it you intend to break me? Torture? Mind control? Combat?"

"Such techniques are crude," replied Andirrul, "and they behoove none of us. What good is a soldier primed for immediate betrayal of their superiors in this fashion? We seek those who are strong, but we also seek those who still retain their sense of logic. How did the Jedi treat you, young Padawan?"

"Very, very well. Unlike you hatemongers." Andirrul knew that he was lying.

She also knew an ancient commoner's saying: In vino veritas...

Suddenly, she heard the metal door to the main hold of the ship hiss open. "Mistress Andirrul," Pahro cried, prostrating herself. "I have a gift for you."
Old 07-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #90
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Here, This should be what you're looking for."

Alriana looked down at the holocron and then looked up only to see the reporter fleeing as if a Zakkeg was after her. Alriana slowly looked down at the Holocron in sudden understanding.

It's a trap!

She quickly launched the thing away with the force, she only managed to throw it around seven feet away from her before it exploded.

Alriana was unprepared for the wave of radiation that accompanied the explosion and dropped down to her knees and promply began to get sick.

That...woman will pay.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #91
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"A gift?" asked Andirrul. "Show me, spy." Pahro stood up, opened her rugged and tear-proof archaeologist's backpack, and produced the glowing holocron.

For a moment, the Dark Lady of the Sith was startled beyond belief. "Where did you get this?" When Pahro revealed that she had acquired it within some ruins on Jatalra, her Mistress replied, "Very...very good. You have pleased me this time, and I can only hope that you continue to please me further." She slipped a note for a half-million credits into the other woman's meaty, greedy palm. "Take your money, beskar digger," she said, "and leave me. I shall have you know that this holocron is millennia old--perhaps dating back to the days of the Old Republic--Revan's time, and afterward! I must spend some time alone."

"Excuse me?" Pahro was incredibly angry, feeling slighted and ashamed in front of the Jedi Padawan and Tyrannus as well as Andirrul. "I also killed a Jedi, or at least sickened her and her weakling friends with radiation! It took a grenade that looked exactly like that holocron to distract them and allow me to make my getaway. I want more than credits, Dark Lady. I want a promotion as well--to be made second-in-command to you, your lieutenant!"

Andirrul winked. "We'll see what Wrath thinks of your little proposal."

Pahro's bowels turned to water. Would she be able to defeat him in combat?

She thought not. "I...withdraw it, Mistress. I shall duly accept my pay."

The spy exited, and Andirrul returned her attentions to the Padawan. She sat with him, drinking the darkberry spirits herself, and learned that he had only just progressed beyond the rank of Youngling, despite his age! What had made him so slow to adapt to the Jedi ways? Combat was his weakness.

"I can remedy that," Andirrul sneered. "What is your name, young Jedi?"

"Lukas Wraight," he replied, his last name sounding like rate. "I am strong in the Force, and yet so weak...Why haven't you killed me already?"

"We do weed out the weak and feeble," Andirrul said, "but you are not weak. You are only untrained, and in time, you will become as powerful as any."

"Will you help me prove to my Masters that I'm fit to become a Knight?"

Andirrul laughed. "They'll never take you back if they find out you're with me."

Lukas sighed. "I know. Then--will you help me get my revenge upon them?"

"That I can do," said Andirrul, "for I have been yearning for it myself..."
Old 07-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #92
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"I am Jedi Master Komad Kaltas. We understand your attachment to the holocrons, and we make no further attempt to take them from you." He explained to Vector. "I'm glad my daughter was able to a find a diplomatic solution to this."

"I too am somewhat relieved that nothing pointless came of our encounter, but do not think that because I am aiding you that I view you as friends, nay, I hardly trust you even now," Vector told the Jedi, his eyes roving back and forth in the dark passages of the ruin interior.

"Master Sergeant Kurt Krovak, Republic Super Soldier. I too am glad there was no bloodshed." A man slightly less prevalent in the Force spoke up. Vector didn't respond, he simply grunted and kept moving, sensing the man move up behind Vector, perhaps in an act of mistrust.

"Here it is," Vector said, stopping in the middle of a dark passage, he lifted his hand and began reaching out through the Force. He would not go further, for going any further would take the Jedi into a place that Vector did not want them in, so he simply retrieved the lightsaber from the position they were in now. Only moments later a rather old, but well maintained lightsaber came hurling out of the darkness, landing firmly in Vector's hand. "Tell whoever you give this to, that they're welcome, seeing as I've kept it clean since I got here," Vector told them, handing the lightsaber over to the female Jedi, seeing as she was the most peaceable one out of the bunch.

Just then Vector's head perked up, his senses detecting some distant thing. "Somethings wrong," he stated urgently. "Someone has damaged the ruins, and.....Someone has left, their dark intentions are quite prevalent now," he said, closing his eyes as if seeing something they couldn't. "They tell me someone has been hurt, or worse! And....Something evil has been taken!!" Vector nearly shouted, his anger surfacing, anger that he had not felt since his Sith days.

Vector hastily made his way back up the dark passages, leaving the others behind, but shouting back to them, "I suggest you follow so as not to get lost!"

Vector came racing out of the ruins, replacing his lightsaber's power cell, which he had retrieved on his way out; making his way to the disturbance, but what he found when he got there was only the remains of something that belonged to the ruins, and an incapacitated woman, he didn't feel the darker presence anymore, from what he could tell it had left. This caused Vector to grow furious, throwing his Phrik Gauntlet off of his hand and onto the ground in a fit of frustration at the prospect of such a dark thing leaving Jatalra to fall into the hands of who-knows-who. What angered him further was the fact that whoever got the dark thing, would end up coming back, and that would bring a wave of others too, his newfound home would no longer be his own anymore.

Vector sighed, concentrating on his thoughts, and making his anger subside. He would need to save his anger for another day, the day he found the one who tampered with his home.

He paused, looking at the ill woman on the ground, she had the taint of Jedi stink on her, but it was different, and old, as well as familiar. She reminded him of, the lightsaber, but there was something else, something comforting to him that he normally didn't feel from Jedi, it was the feeling of....The holocrons? Yes, she had the same feeling through the Force as the holocrons, and more distantly, Jatalra itself. Vector felt somewhat differently towards this Jedi, she did not bring up his instilled disposition towards Jedi, she had, after all, been in touch with Jatalra like himself after all.

Vector made his way over to the woman, putting his lightsaber away, he crouched down, lifting her into a sitting-type position, he put his hand to her forehead. "Sickness....From something foreign, and vile," Vector said aloud to no one in particular. "She was sick before as well, that isn't good, she was already weak," He said, moving his hand over her mouth, and then making a cone-like shape with it.

"This should expel some of the deadlier sickness," He said, using an old Sith technique that drained out life force from other living beings into himself, he instead directed the drain into one portion of her body, thus only draining the sickness, into himself. When the deed was done he shook his head and grunted.

"She won't die now, but she still needs medical attention," he said, looking around to see if any of the others were around, so that he could hand her off to them to take her back to their ship for treatment.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 07-07-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #93
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
"Certain words can reveal intention as much as they distract," Tonatius replied, "But there are others who are far worse at the double talk and play on words. Lengends speak of the ancient monks who sought out areas with high concentrations of Force energy and swore to guard them. The stories say that they could see thousands of years ahead to those who were to visit those places. Some were places like Hoth, Dagobah, Nar Shadaa, all sorts of places. They keep them safe until the one that is supposed to be there comes."

"But that could take years!" Andros replied as he came out of the brush followed by his master.

"Indeed but our people are long lived. Literally. True we can die of disease and warfare and even a broken heart but I suspect it is something unique among our people," Jun-la explained. "Now I suggest we keep up with our host."

Tonatius followed shoulder to shoulder with Kalla. He whispered, "I don't know about you, but I can't sense anything from Jun-la. No hint of the Force, nothing."

Tyrannus watched as Andirrul messed with the Jedi Padawan. He wore a semi bored expression as he watched. He had already passed the word onto the Rashikians and hordesmen to make their way to the planet with the specific goal of capturing one of the Kaltas children. Karaka will certainly have a good time with that.

Tired of lounging he stretched and said, "So you've converted a Jedi whelp. Broken him, no. As he is, even under your guidance, he won't be fit to stand up against Kaltas and Kath hounds."

Old 07-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #94
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

Current Game: Brotherhood
Two force users, a Jedi and a Sith, battled in a deserted alley on Nar Shadda. Red and blue sabers clashed as each exhausted a number of techniques and tricks to try and gain the upper hand, though it was abundantly clear that each was still just a learner. As opposed to normality, the Jedi showed too much aggression in his technique and the Sith showed too much caution in hers. The Jedi was the one who actually started the fight and the Sith had simply been defending herself in reality, which all might’ve struck Urzvox Mech as a bit odd if the large, ancient Krogan actually gave a damn. He had simply allowed the battle to rage on to this point, satisfied to sit back at a distance and watch. However both of the combatants were showing signs of tiring and waiting any longer might mean watching one of them die. That would not fly well, considering that his bounty required them both alive.

Mech nodded to Ulim and the ten foot tall Sanheili fired off a round from his sniper rifle. The round missed them but the noise it created could’ve easily been mistaken for a cannon going off and was enough to catch the two duelers off guard. The Jedi looked in their direction and before the Sith could move to cut him down, Terror pounced from above and had her pinned to the ground in seconds. A precision strike from Terror’s tail took her lightsaber out of the picture and the Jedi actually let down his guard for a moment. He must’ve assumed that they were there to help him, though all pretense of that faded when the next sniper round took out his lightsaber hand and left on the ground screaming in pain. The Sith only struggled for a moment before Terror smashed his head against hers and knocked her out cold. When Mech and Ulim walked up to the Jedi, he gave them a look of hatred.

“You will let me go.” The Jedi said with a waved of his other hand. In response Mech handed that hand and literally bit it off, now leaving the Jedi screaming with two bloody stumps.

Mech spit out the hand in disgust. “Humans always do taste aweful.”

“We will need to bandage those stumps if we do not want the Jedi to bleed out.” Ulim stated, though like Mech he really didn’t care for the Jedi or Sith.

The man looked at them incredulously and shouted “What?! I’m not a Jedi, I’m a Sith you moron! The girl’s a Jedi! Take her!”

The response to this was a rifle butt to the face that knocked him out and gave the three freelancers a moment of peace. Well, two of them. Terror just looked at the two force users with a hungry, drooling look as Ulim and Mech bandaged the stumps of the now confirmed Sith and tied both targets up. Once that was done, Ulim slung both on them over his shoulders and they left the alley. They were going to their employer now: Doja the Hutt.
Rexraptor2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #95
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Kurt watched and turned as the hermit took off in the other direction. He gave Komad a nod and followed after him. The hermit was very fast and agile for that matter as they moved out of the ruins. Kurt looked to see the frozen jedi out cold on the ground. The hermit did something to her to prevent whatever had happened to her.

"She won't die now, but she still needs medical attention,"

Kurt placed his rifle on his back and gently picked up the jedi up. He waited to see if the jedi were coming as well.

"You don't strike me as the helpful type, why did you help her?" he asked giving the jedi a chance to catch up.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #96
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"We should get out of here. There's nothing more for us retrieve, and they're probably waiting for us back at the ship." Komad pointed out, motioning for everyone to make their way back to the ATT.

"You're right, but what about my brother? Anything from him?" Kalla asked. She could probably sense Andros herself, but Tonatius' senses were probably better attuned to the Force. Spotting Alriana, she said to Tonatius, "Here, help me carry her to the ATT."

Last edited by Alkonium; 07-07-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #97
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Holocrons...Holocrons...Holocrons....

Alriana felt like she was going to be sick for a lifetime when she finally regained some sense in her body.

"Where...are my holocrons? I need them...back"

And then she promptly got sick again.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #98
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"You may be certain Master Komad," Jun-la said, "Yet the ancient one that lives here will remain until his charge comes." She began to survey the land as she watched Tonatius and Kalla help the Jedi.

Andros looked at his father and asked "Father, we have found the trail of the Triumvirate. Should we not follow it?"

"He masks himself," Tonatius replied as he went to help Kalla with Alriana. "No doubt his master taught him. It is an old technique perfected four thousand plus years ago." He lifted Alriana with ease and began muttering soothing tones in Avalonian.

Slightly along the water's banks the willow sleeps
In secret though she presently weeps
For that which has gone away
Yet her hope will last for many days

Tonatius sang this gently tune and it was picked up by Jun-la who began singing the reply, My hope soars from the seas
Until my soul is set free
I wait as the day passes in burn
Waiting for the return

Old 07-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #99
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

(OOC: I'm back, everybody! I had a wonderful time on vacation!)

Andirrul glared at Tyrannus. She did not utter a word, feeling that doing so and answering him would be far beneath her. If she would have spoken, she would have cried, Fool! I always have a plan...always, always. You don't see it yet, but you will, and when you do, it will be far too late. It was at times like these that the Dark Lady of the Sith yearned for the ancient Rule of Two. Wrath would understand. She would talk of this with him later. For now, however, she had a former "Jedi whelp" to send on his first mission as a Sith. It would not only be his first mission, but his first...

"Fallen Jedi are one thing," she told Lukas Wraight, "but Sith are another. The former go into exile and commonly join new careers if they don't become Grey Jedi. What is one tenet of our code--our ancient code, which not even that slime-ridden Tyrannus cares about anymore? Through passion, I gain...?"

Lukas hazarded a guess. "Power?"

"Not yet. Passion gives you strength, and strength gives you power. Power gives you victory, and through victory, your chains are broken. The Force shall free you." She gazed at him. "You'll understand in time. For now, where are we, Wraight?"

"Nar Shaddaa."

"Specifically the Refugee Sector--both of us can tell by the smell. Even after all these thousands of years, this is still Nar Shaddaa--the galaxy's cesspit, second only to Nal Hutta. Listen. What do you hear?" Some distant shouting had caught their attention, as had the burgeoning crowd ahead.

Andirrul leaned close to Lukas' ear. "I want you to kill the most dangerous person here. Sense him, or her, through the Force. Do not return until you've come back to me with the body. In a crowd like this, stealth will be key. If you cause any chaos or send the crowd into a panic, then you will fail."

Lukas saluted. "Yes, Dark Lady." He crept forward into the mass of bodies.

"The end is nigh!" cried the grizzled old man haranguing the crowd. "Turn away from your vices, your crimes, and your selfish desires! A dire reckoning is coming--not from the Jedi, or the Sith, but the galaxy itself!"

Lukas waited, sensed his mark, ignited his lightsaber, and deftly stabbed him in the back. With one quick move, he pretended that the man had merely fallen and he himself was only offering assistance. The crowd let him part, more intent on the old man's words than on one "Jedi whelp", and he carried the body back to Andirrul. "It is he," Lukas announced, "who was lethal."

Andirrul smiled darkly. "Indeed. Do you know why?"

"He was the only one in the whole crowd intent on bringing that reckoning."

Her breath caught in her throat in a hard rasp. The Force is strong with this one...stronger than I thought. "Yes. Did the Force tell you that?"

"It did."

The Dark Lady took a sharp dagger out of her belt, which she kept for killing fools, pawns, and sudden attackers, and slit the corpse's left arm open. "See that?" she asked. "Wired with explosives. Vomit if you must." Lukas did so. Next to the muscle and bone were, indeed, explosive devices. This man was a "suicide demolitionist," as they were all called in the holovids these days.

"Now. The reason I had you kill him was not to prevent the threat he posed, but to see if you could sense it and then turn it to our advantage. What's our next move?"

"We tell the old man to watch his mouth, and then show him the devices?"

"Hardly, naive one! We take the body back to the ship and examine it. We set our droids to making bombs out of a few of our more willing pawns. Living ones, that is. No one expects an explosive to lie within flesh of an official-looking officer these days. It's always the dishevelled ones that get pegged."

Lukas bowed to her, and the two returned to the docked Phantasm.

Pahro Utonula was thin now. Thin and muscular, and tall, with a perfectly oval-domed, bald head. She had spent her half-million credits to go "under the laser", with the results absolutely astonishing. No one would be able to recognize her as the portly P from years past. She had done and learned all she could from being the "Voice of the People". Now she could wear any wig, don any disguise, even that of a male foot soldier. Spies needed to do such things, and she was sure Andirrul would be pleased.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #100
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

Of all the species in the galaxy he had encountered in his near millennia and a half of living, Hutts were at the top of Mech’s hated list. He viewed them as obese slugs that were always looking for ways to screw their associates over while they profit, and while all of them were not in fact ruthless crime lords and not all crime lords were Hutts, they were the most common he had dealt with and it didn’t make it any less annoying when Doja tried to cheat him… again.

“I ask for the whole and well Jedi and Sith brought to me and you bring me one missing both hands and the other with amnesia. You also destroyed both of their lightsabers.” Doja spout while he ate from a jar of wiggling creatures.

A wicked grin spread across Mech’s face as he crossed his arms and chuckled. “You should choose your next words carefully slug.”

He was alone with Doja in the warehouse courtroom, save for ten guards armed to the teeth and a slave girl. He was unarmed, his weapons taken at the door, and every one of those guards had their weapons trained on Mech. The two force users were tied up and unconscious on the ground in front of Doja. In every way it seemed like an empty threat, yet coming from the Krogan it forced them all to take a step back. It was only Doja who was unfazed.

“You dare come into my court with two broken packages and then call me a slug?!” Doja roared angrily. “Here are my words: I will only pay a quarter of the bounty.”

As soon as those words left his mouth hell broke loose. Terror burst through the ceiling above two guards and caught them completely by surprise, disemboweling one with its tail and severely mauling the other within seconds. Ulim activated both of his energy swords as he decloaked among three guards and decapitated two of them before impaling the third. Mech grabbed a blade hidden in his forearm threw it at a guard. The man hadn’t hit the guard yet before Mech had taken another guards rifle and beat him to death with it. The remaining three guards were dealt with by Ulim and Terror while Mech walked up to Doja and his slave girl.

“You should have chosen your words more carefully.” Mech said as he lifted the weapon and pulled the trigger, only to realize he had broken it beating a guard to death. “Terror, it’s feeding time.”

Terror leapt at the Hutt excitedly and began to tear it to shreds in a very gruesome manner as Doja screamed for mercy. The slave girl screamed for a few moments before Mech grabbed her head and held it up to his face. “Shut up.”

The girl stopped immediately and Mech set her back down as Ulim walked up to them. Ulim looked on as Terror gorged itself on the Hutt and said “Though I don’t object to killing the slug, we probably should have gotten some credits from him first.”

“He never intended to pay us in the first place. Doja was going to have his guards shoot me in the back as soon as I accepted the reduced amount. He should’ve tried sooner, but he likes to play with his food.” Mech stated. Ulim then cut the chains that bound the slave girl to her master. “Still the abolitionist?”

“The Empire tried to break my people like they did the Wookiees, but you cannot break the spirit of a true warrior people.” Ulim replied as he watched the slave girl run away and out of the warehouse. “Doja has family. How do you propose we deal with them if they want revenge?”

“They won’t. They may be family, but they also won’t mind that his business will probably fall on them.” Mech responded turning to Terror, who was almost done consuming the Hutt. “They also won’t want to go after anything that has the stomach to eat a Hutt. The most we can expect is an assassin or two before they decide that vendetta’s are just not good for business.”
Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #101
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Lukas noticed the tremor, invisible to the naked heart, at the same time as his Mistress. Something--or, rather someone, his former owner, had just perished. Doja the Hutt was now a bloody pulp of half-eaten remains, or so he sensed. If his murderer were allowed to run even further amok, then...

"I sense a..." began Wraight.

"...disturbance in the Force. It is a cliche, but cliches often ring true."

"It's Doja the Hutt," replied the young man who had just made his first kill. "He's dead. I can't say I'm sorry about it--in fact, I'm glad; do you know how many times his Aqualish and Rodian thugs beat me?--but something tells me that far worse is going to go down in that warehouse if we don't show up."

"And kill whoever killed him," said Andirrul. "You're right. Move out, whelp!"

Soon she and Lukas arrived at the sprawling, musty warehouse palace where Doja had made his home. The iron-scent of fresh blood filled the air, making bugs swarm furiously in great heaps where the biggest pools of it lay. What could have happened? Who could have killed Doja, and for what reason save that the Hutt had been trying to cheat him or her? Surely, even for that, there would not have been this vile and visceral of a death for him. This was why Andirrul cloaked herself in the Force and sensed his killer waiting nearby.

Lukas was busy securing the other parts of the perimeter, hopefully putting to rest any lingering members of Doja's guard. As for the Dark Lady herself...

She lowered the shadows that concealed her. "Shakhmat," she hissed, igniting her two lightsabers with hilts formed from the metal of the Blade of Fourteen Slayings. "Checkmate. Why are you here, and why did you kill Doja?" To prevent any sudden attacks for which she would not be ready, Andirrul slipped into that state that was so strange and yet so familiar to her.

In practice, she had worked her way up to skorost', sublustrum vtoroi.

It would only be a matter of time to reach the third level from the second...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #102
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

Mech looked over the newly arrived Sith. This was not what he had been expecting as a response to Doja’s death, or at least not so quickly. He’d managed to secure his weapons and was actually rigging the place to blow when she had snuck up on them. Terror was out eating the last of the guards and Ulim was standing next to him, his own energy swords now activated.

“We came here to get paid and Doja was trying to get out of paying us for capturing these Sith and Jedi. Hell, he just wanted me dead because he wanted to have the head of the last Krogan.” Mech replied motioning to their unconscious forms. “So, we killed his guards. Terror was hungry and Doja was the largest thing on the menu. I think you can use your imagination for the rest kid. Now we’re going to blow this place to hell because I like to end everything with a bang.”

Terror now crept along the ceiling undetected, his engineered design making only visual detection the option for finding him. Ulim was still ready to fight and Mech just had his hand lightly set on his pistol.

“We have no quarrel with you Sith, though we have dealt with countless amounts of your kind and the Jedi.” Ulim added, though whether it was simply a statement or actually a challenge.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #103
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"I believe it," replied the female, while the male stood stone-still in shock.

"My name is Andirrul," announced the Dark Lady of the Sith, "and this is my new Dark Jedi Apprentice, one Lukas Wraight. I am a single woman with two distinct natures: one is my own, that of a former weakling, young Andorra Evenstar of Avalonia. The second is the strong one, Darth Virul, Lord of the Sith. I am both she and he, and whoever is more powerful I'll leave up to you to decide. Let us depart," she said, exiting the building with Lukas and the stranger so as not to attract too much attention--not that corpses would pay it anyway...

Andirrul reveled in the heat from the explosion, bathing her distantly and making her hair feel hot even though she and her two compatriots were kilometers away. Doja must have had quite a complex to rule over and relieve himself in! It was a relief in and of itself to have it gone. No doubt some other crime lord, either within the Exchange or without, would take this quarter over very soon. As for the dark figures themselves, they had other matters to attend to. The Dark Lady showed the stranger her own vessel.

"This is the Phantasm," she announced, one step away from purring with pride. "She is not large, or heavy, or teeming with weapons, but she was not meant to be. As her name suggests, she is a ghost ship, and that is why none of those fool Jedi have been able to pinpoint our position yet. All that the Sith have learned of stealth has been incorporated into this vessel. Aboard it sits the Sith Triumvirate--myself, Lord Tyrannus, and--"

She blinked, forgetting the third member momentarily. She was exhausted. "If, and only if, one of the members were removed besides myself, then you would have one of the very highest places within our ranks. I prefer Lord Tyrannus' very timely death. He has nothing good to say to me or of me, thinking that perpetual insults and not the Force shall spur me to greater victories. If you were to kill him, I would crown you as One Lord of Three. Of course, such an assassination would require exquisite timing--and interest.

"What do you say, stranger? Shall you unlock the door to unlimited power?"

She smiled. "If you try slaying me instead, my speed will conquer your guile."
Old 07-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #104
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Kurt was confused by what the group was doing. They had changed their pitches and were rhyming their words. He wasn't sure if it was some type of jedi speech or what, curious he decided to ask. He walked up to Komad.

"Master Komad, what are Tonatius and Master Jun-la doing? I've never heard such odd vocal patterns before."

------

Wrath had been quiet for quite some time. He had been giving orders about Andirrul's orders and listening on the progress of the mission. This could get rather boring so he assigned someone to listen in. He followed after Andirrul and her new little jedi pet. He never let Andirrul go alone, even though she was powerful enough to take anyone who attacked her. He would give his life to her if need be. He stayed hidden in the shadows as she talked to what looked like mercs. Wrath knew they were deadly and it was why he liked him. Still they could be a threat so he waited, ready to attack if they made a move.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #105
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Singing in Avalonian." Komad explained. Then addressing his son, he stated, "Yes, but unfortunately, our Star Destroyer's hyperdrive was destroyed, and Alriana needs serious medical attention." This posed a serious dilemma. They could go after the Sith and possibly even capture one of them, but if they did, they would leave the crew of the Enu to die.

Recognising the song, Kalla joined in, following Tonatius' part, but quickly transposing it in her head to better fit her vocal range.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #106
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

Initially Mech just listened to the Sith and come to the conclusion that she was just plain nuts. There had been no battle so he was able to activate the explosives rigged on the Hutt’s domain, causing it to erupt in a ball of flame that the alien took comfort in.

“Kid, are you crazy? Not only no, but hell no! Killing any one of you three would be easy. I could do it one both arms time behind my back, but telling other people what to do isn’t how I roll.” Mech replied bluntly. He’d seen enough of the Jedi and Sith to know that all of them were killed off eventually, no matter how powerful. The Krogan preferred living a couple more millennia over a position of power for a short time. He had joined private armies before, as well as fought in the CIS, and he had never been comfortable taking command over other soldiers. That was where he had met Ulim, another general of a warrior race, as well as other figures such as Dooku and Grievous, and was just as pissed as anyone who believed in the CIS when they lost.

“What he means is that while your target is a tempting target – as we thrive off of challenging opponents – what you are offering in return for the job isn’t worth it. We fight for credits, weapons, ships, armor, information or favors.” Ulim added, deactivating his energy swords and relaxing a bit. Terror was lying down next to Mech in a half-doze, picking its teeth with a piece of bone taken from one of its victims. Mech tapped his armored shoulder and Ulim nodded in acknowledgement. “We have interest in Ultra-Chrome. Very rare, expensive, and mainly used as starship armor, it’s completely resistant to normal blaster fire and even to lightsabers. Our friend Terror has this armor as part of his biology, and both Mech and I would like the material to forge armor for ourselves.”

Terror looked up from his doze at Andirrul and spoke. “Dark. Taste. Good. Food.”

“Oh yes, and Terror would like to eat the Dark Lord after we’ve killed him.”
Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #107
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"Done," replied Andirrul, smiling again. She liked the way this triad thought. "In advance, here is a sum of two hundred thousand credits. This should cover any stealth training or materials you might need to get a preliminary bead on my worst enemy. In addition, upon completion of the assassination, you will receive a special gift--one for each of you--besides the Ultra-Chrome. Fear not. A saber in the back is not what I had in mind. Even the Sith prefer allies to corpses, even though betrayal is our one permanent law. It is not you whom I intend to betray, after all." She stepped forward and shook Mech's hand coolly. With the help of him and his comrades, victory!

Of course, Tyrannus probably suspected that she was plotting against him. If not, he was a fool, and if so, he was only slightly less of one. How long did he think that the Andorra side of Andirrul would prevail and humbly accede to his disparaging remarks and imperious orders? Lord Virul was in control now.

Pahro Utonula had to destroy two security droids aboard the Phantasm before someone who was actually sentient recognized her. The pawn leapt back in alarm, as if she were face-to-face with a ghost, and Pahro laughed in her face. She would have shot the underling, too, but she didn't want to make her luck run out too early. With the Dark Lady, who knew what acts that were meant to please her would actually displease her? Nevertheless, she went back to her quarters in the rear of the ship and meditated. What was her next move? She dared not risk an attack as stealthfully-bold as the radioactive grenade on Jatalra. She would have to try something different, something more akin to an atrocity a soldier would commit instead of a spy.

This time, she would let her Mistress decide it, but only this time. Afterward...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #108
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"Who said I didn't care for the code?" Tyrannus asked. He stood up straight to advance towards Andirrul. "I may scoff at some of the 'rules' but it doesn't mean I don't live by it. Most important thing to remember is that the code is more what you call guidelines than actual rules." He then turned to look out at the stars. "Oh the first split was something and in their hearts the hatred of the Jedi was never forgotten. Funny thing is that hatred first started as hatred with the original Jedi, the Explorers but now anyone who calls themself a Jedi is an enemy."

Tyrannus reverted back to facing Andirrul. He looked at how beautiful she was even in her state and marveled at how beauty could be deadly. It was a reminder of the matriarch of his line who died with the passing of the bastard taint's grandmother. He recalled how she smiled that her enemy was finally vanquished and he didn't have the heart to tell her that the line continued. He said, "Every single Jedi, including your former lover is added to the compound hatred of the Sith. That hatred is what the creatures of the dark places of the galaxy feed on. Virul of course is a product of such a place but the source comes from where the first Explorers came from. The supposed Ancients, the guardians of the places of the Force, know the source and they guard against it. They did on Dagobah, Bespin, Byss..." He peered at Andirrul, "Not that you would know anything about this."

Tonatius kept singing as he took over and hoisted Alriana up til he was carrying her. He gave a slight smiled when he heard Kalla's voice take over his part. He spoke to Komad, "I suggest we make for one of the medical stations."

Andros, hearing that said, "The Huntau station is the closest. It is more of an outpost here in this region but well equiped. The Explorers have stretched far so we should be okay Father. We can regroup."

Tonatius went back to singing but in response to Kalla's part so that Jun-la could speak. She added, "We can call Matton. Our ship is nearby and if we signal, we can get a quick pick up. We can rendevous at the outpost and regroup. What say you?"

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #109
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Something deep within Andirrul, or rather within Virul, rose up suddenly--a stinging, noisome bile that was a combination of stomach acid and a tinge of blood. He--and she--would not be lectured by anyone, least of all a sniveling pretender to the throne of the Dark Lord of the Sith. He would be eliminated soon enough by the three assassins that she had recently taken into her employ with the promise of this mysterious "Ultra-Chrome", but for now...

"Kudu pah! Vrenka zort immayen pudu! Zhitsa ortzii luut!"

Andirrul slapped both hands over her mouth immediately and fled. What had she said, or more accurately, what had Lord Virul said? Were those words of the ancient Sith, or, more likely, were they the ramblings of someone who truly was insane? Whatever the case, the Dark Lady had to get herself under control again, and quickly. She could not let anyone else aboard the Phantasm see or hear her in such a state. She was strong, she was proud, she was...basking in the glow of her meditation chambers, lying prostrate in the middle of the floor. What in the Force had she said?!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #110
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"You don't strike me as the helpful type, why did you help her?" Asked the Republic soldier aiding him with the woman.

"Through all of the Jedi stench I could still sense a familiar feeling about her. From what I could tell she must have been here on Jatalra at one time, like myself, and so I felt a kinship with her and decided I could not allow someone else who has experienced living on such a place fall prey to such a foul act of cowardice," Vector told him bluntly, leaving little detail out of his explanation so the man would understand, and through his understanding leave him be and not trail him like a lost kath-pup.

Vector stood motionless as the Jedi proceeded to transport the injured woman away to their ship and began singing.

They conversed amongst themselves, content to ignore him as he stood there observing them. Then they started mentioning leaving and heading to a facility somewhere. This made Vector ponder, if he were to ever have his revenge, or if he ever wanted to find another place where he could dwell peacefully and alone, especially considering that the Jedi's presence would attract unwanted attention to the planet, he would have to find a way off, and they were his only option.

Vector approached the Jedi who seemed most prominent in the Force ((That would be Komad)), and spoke to him levelly, "look Jedi, I seek to bring swift revenge to the one who ruined the sanctity of my home, and removed the great and evil thing that should have stayed here. So I must ask you for help in getting off of this planet, and in return I will bring the holocrons with me, since your brood seems to have some unhealthy desire to obtain them; although I do not promise any of your kind may see them, let alone even touch, or interact with them, but at least it is of some assurance that you have them within your proverbial presence, and not being looted by pirates, or worse still, the Sith, right? So, deal?"

Vector knew the Jedi could not resist such an offer, even if it meant entering into a deal with one so seedy. Besides, even if it weren't that tempting, the prospect of having another person with them to counter and combat the Sith was, even if that person were of a darker nature than they themselves.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #111
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"We're leaving now ourselves, and there's room on our ship. We have a deal." Komad replied, holding his hand out as a show of good faith.

"This is Jedi Master Reyvan Skyrider to the crew of the Star Destroyer Enu. Given our present situation, your orders are to abandon ship, and make for the Republic base on Christophsis. We will not be joining you." Reyvan sent out to the Star Destroyer.

Kalla blushed a little at Tonatius' smile, but continued her singing. More and more, she began to feel that if anyone could fill the void left in her heart by Andorra's loss, it was him.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #112
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
((Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...I HAVE RETURNED!))

"Literally on top. So what's the deal with this planet? I heard about a Jedi of some years but that's about it. What have you?"

Garrick reactivated the Comm to Tavaryn.

'Yeah, apparently we found some Jedi or other here....but what we know of the planet is the strange concentration of Force Artifacts here....we had a base here...but it was destroyed by some strange...thing. We're not entirely sure."

It had happened along time ago. Garrick could remember his father, the last Mand'alor, when he was reading the horrifying reports of destruction. Know one really found out how it had happened.

Captain Durrel began to back out of the small chamber immediatley.

"We need to get this thing secure..and fast. We have to get it off the planet, get it to the Jedi....they will want it."

He took out some elasti-tape and began to secure it, getting it into a durasteel box. Antoher technician brought in a ysalamiri, just in case.

Durrel changed his comm frequency.

"Jedi Kaltas! We have made a strange discovery you might want on the planet!! Do you have any dropships that can pick us up!! We don't know how long we have..."

The holocron of Nihilus didn't look threatening, but Durrel knew that any Sith object was dangerous...and they needed to get it out of there, fast.

Admiral Velerc was looking at the recent combat reports in one of the bridge's command trenches. His Lieutenant walked over to him.

"Sir, we picked up a communique coming from Republic forces! They're heading to the Christophsis system!"

Christophsis was only 5 parsects away, and when Velerc looked at the report, he saw that the Republic would be greatly outnumbered if they move now.

"Gather the fleet, we move immediatley. Interdictors at ready, also, full battle stations. Clear for battle."

The Lieutenant smiled and saluted moving to his duties.

The massive Imperial Fleet went into hyperspace 3 minutes later.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #113
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
((Time to introduce my second character. The second in command of the Sith fleet after CQ's character.))

Grand Admiral Voran Garja knew that his ship was in trouble the moment it exited hyperspace. He could tell by the way the engines throbbed that something was wrong.

"Status report."

One of his subordinates rapidly typed in commands on her console. "Sir. It appears that we were dragged out of hyperspace by...some sort of massive gravity mass."

"Hmmm...And yet when I look out the viewports I see nothing but empty space. It appears that we have a puzzle on our hands. We have been pulled out of hyperspace...and yet there is nothing to pull us out."

He looked directly out of the open viewports. "Status reports on engines and tactical systems."

"Engines...will not engage. Reasons unknown. Shields and Weapons are functioning normally sir. However...Communications will not engage either."

Voran looked up at the celling in thought. "Begin scanning the area. This would be the perfect opportunity for an ambush. I want to know what's holding us and where it's located. Take as much time as you need to figure it out."
Old 07-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #114
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

After having made the deal with Andirrul, Mech acquired necessary information from her such as whom the target actually was, his tactics, and where the target would actually be most of the time. In this case it was Lord Tyrannus, using illusions and cunning, on the Phantasm. After that they parted ways and the freelancer trio returned to their safe house on Nar Shadda to plan. Mech sent Terror on a stealth mission to map out the Phantasm for them and get a bearing of were Tyrannus would be on the vessel in general, as well as acquire some information on Sith activities. Mech and Ulim actually thought it was kind of funny; many horror and action holovids always had scenes where people/evil creatures were using ventilation systems to sneak around vessels, and that was the exact method that Terror used most of the time. The only difference was that Terror was actually designed for that and anyone else who tried would have a hell of a time when a vent went directly upward a hundred feet. Terror also had the unique trait of being undetectable to even Jedi Masters and Sith Lords which it displayed with its lightsaber collection at the safehouse.

Stealth took time though - even for one good as Terror - and Mech and Ulim had to pass it somehow. So, they played chess.

“I understand that this game requires tactic and patience Mech. While my race generally emphasizes brute force over tactics, you have to know strategy to be a leader. That being said, I believe it to be ridiculous when it’s been a half an hour and you still haven’t made your first move!” Ulim exclaimed as he motioned to the chessboard to prove his point, where not a single piece was out of place. They both sat on small crates with a small chessboard resting on a larger crate between them. Mech was leaning over the playing board with a thoughtful look in his eyes and a hand on his chin.

“The game doesn’t have a time limit. Why rush a game that doesn’t have a time limit?” Mech inquired, in much the same way as he had on other occasions of playing chess with Ulim.

Ulim shook his head and replied “Because I don’t have as long of a life as you, and chances are I would die of old age before you made your first move.”

“Hey, it must be a good strategy. I’ve beaten you every time so far.” Mech chuckled and finally moved a center pawn one square forward.

Ulim moved a knight out and Mech responded in kind, finally setting a pace to the game. After a few moments of silence, Ulim said “I wonder how Terror is doing?”

“What he always does: kill, eat, sleep, sneak.” Mech responded, and then smiled evilly as he moved one last piece. “Checkmate.”

Ulim looked stunned for a moment, then smiled back as best a Sangheili could and asked “Another round?”

Terror was hungry. Of course, Terror was always hungry. He ate and he ate and he ate and it never went away. The only time his hunger was sated was when he ate the dark and light ones, the ones who called themselves Sith and Jedi. Terror didn’t care who they were or what they did. He didn’t care about whether or not it was right or wrong to eat them. He was just hungry, and he had to eat. Mech and Ulim taught him a degree of self-control though, so he could see food and not it. They taught him companionship at the least. They were his family, and he would allow himself to be hurt to make sure they were alright. Right now though they wanted him to explore the belly of the beast, find the food, and show them where it could be found. The language of noise was also to be collected, as the Sith just chattered and chattered and chattered among themselves.

The Sith, the food, could not see him, nor could they seemly just find him out of thin air like they could others. He was special because they were his prey and he was their predator. The hunger called Terror, but it had to suppress it. Crawling through the vents and systems of the beast, he couldn’t afford to be hungry. The prey could wait.

Terror had food to spy on.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #115
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"We're leaving now ourselves, and there's room on our ship. We have a deal." The one strongest in the Force replied, accepting Vector's offer rather willingly.

'These Jedi are quite strange.....Not normal by any means,' Vector thought to himself, taking the Jedi's proffered hand rather pensively, cringing ever-so-slightly as he did so, seeing as even touching a Jedi set off his anger towards them. He sighed lightly, letting go of the Jedi's hand, if he wanted offworld, he would have to stomach a lot more than handshakes and strange behavior.

"I'll go get the holocrons, it'll only take me a few minutes," he told the Jedi, moving away and towards the ruins quickly, using the Force to retrieve his Phrik Gauntlet from the ground where he had thrown it in his fit of frustration. Vector weaved his way through the catacombs and passageways of the interior ruins, moving with ease through the dusty halls, knowing every nook, and every cranny, he made his way to the holocrons.

Vector reappeared roughly ten minutes later, all of his personal belongings, which weren't many, had been retrieved, and he was carrying a large sack made of animal skins over his shoulder, and from the looks of it, the contents were what he had promised, the holocrons.

Vector re-approached the the Jedi and spoke rather defensively to him, "I have them, so let's get off of this planet before I actually decide to care about the fact that I'm leaving my once solitary home and life all because of you. And don't forget, the holocrons stay with me, you get no touching, or even looking privileges."

He moved towards the ship the Jedi had come in on, looking over at the diplomatic Jedi woman that had convinced him to give them the old lightsaber, he spat out in a rather disgruntled manner, "And you don't get to see them either, no matter how much you use that silver tongue of yours."

Vector looked towards their destination and smirked evilly as he thought on what he had said to the Jedi woman, and a dark and impish thought came to his mind.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #116
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I'm not the one who wants them." Kalla rudely replied, then dispassionately walking away from their latest guest. Spotting her brother, she asked, "Where are we going exactly?" Thinking of what Andorra had become, she seemed to get an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Could she even bear to look Andirrul in the eye?

Spotting Alriana in a moment of consciousness, Komad walked over to her. "My daughter was able to retrieve your lightsaber, but as for the holocrons, it's complicated." He explained, handing Alriana's lightsaber back to her.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #117
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"My daughter was able to retrieve your lightsaber, but as for the holocrons, it's complicated."

"we're...not getting them are we? I've failed...I swore that I would protect all that remained of the old jedi order and I failed."

Alriana promptly got sick and passed out again.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #118
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jun-la protested , "Master Reyvan, the logical thing is to regroup and right now thw Huntau station is our only means of a friendly in this region. To not regroup would be to incite a failing on a larger picture."

Not to be a kill joy or a pain in a Bantha's rear but I am close enough for pick up and can transport them to the ship, Matton's voiced droned in on the comm.

Not far away it was Tonatius who spoke to the hermit, "Silver tongue she has not. Merely a wider range of vocabulary than some diplomats I have known." He had lowered Alriana onto a med bed and allowed Komad to do what needed to be done. He then stood by Kalla and said to her, "The time will come to face the thing you fear. Let it come to you of its own accord."

"Yes. Literally. I say you have a nice view of the planet from up top," Tavaryn joked some more, "A good landing claw this bucket has. Anyway this JEdi is from the Old Republic? Perhaps she will know things belonging to a very special Jedi long dead. Any problems on the surface?"

Tyrannus managed to follow the dark lady at a liesurely pace. He caught up with her and said, "I know that Virul spoke of some and he thinks of me as a pretender. Believe me my line extends far back than even he knows and along with it comes a power, an Ancient one."

At that moment a shadow came round the corner. Its breathing sounded raspy but it was a healthy one. The figure came, dressed in black armour that looked sharp enough to slice a man in two. The face was hidden in the shadows but the eyes glinted a demon yellow and red. Tyrannus didn't have to see the face to know who it was. It then said, "You two are like adolescent children. If you want the dark power from the realm of Miako and to take control of this galaxy, you would do better to tolerate each other's presence."

He then looked at the dark lady's direction, "Assassins you may have but I suggest you use them against the Jedi."

Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #119
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Andirrul made a growl deep in her throat. She could not, would not, call off the deal. It did not do her or her cause any good to renege on a promise, most notably a promise made to three very powerful and very mysterious beings. The target had already been set, and what would Mech think of her if she suddenly pointed him toward one directly opposite? He would think she was weak, that's what he would think, and not worthy to be the Dark Lady.

Thus, she slipped into sublustrum, hoping to hit the third level quickly.

She sent a message to the hungry one, the beastly presence hovering in the darkness. Smell the food. Food is good. Male tastes better than I do.

A pause. Get the food. Devour it. There is no plate, but food is here.

With luck, the one called Terror would strike and kill, and then he would gorge himself on the remains of the one who had tormented her--or, more exactly, tormented Lord Virul. If Terror was slow to the feast, then she would buy him time with skorost'. She'd challenge Tyrannus to a duel.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #120
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Reyvan gave this a bit of a thought, as well as the fact that the New Empire knew where they were headed. "Matton, you have my authorisation to pick up the crew, but leave the ships on their present course." He suggested. This would allow them to divert the New Empire's attention without risking Republic lives unnecessarily.

"She mattered to you too. Not in the same way she mattered to me, but she did. She mattered to me then the way you do now." Kalla told Tonatius, holding his hand, and hoping he'd notice.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VI: Death to the Sith