lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Shenmue
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
gos
Rookie

Shenmue

does anybody know this game? i played this game since 2000

so if you didnt play it you should now ...http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/ad...result;title;1

this game is just awesome .quite, amazing night Atmosphere. i cant describe this great game

dont MISS this game!

Last edited by gos; 01-24-2010 at 11:12 AM.
gos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Irfaan
Rookie

I am a HUGE fan of this game (I'm suprised someone here even remembers).

I have the first and second game (both of my dreamcast are broken so I have been missing the first game, while the second game I have on my Xbox and play that through my Xbox 360 quite a lot).

I'm looking to replay the first again, but I don't want to buy a 3rd dreamcast for that to eventually brake.

I even have the soundtrack to these games, listen to them all the time.

I love this as much as I do monkey island, right now you are making me hyped about it lol but to be honest it's wasted energy for me and everyone because a third game is not coming and this game was planned to be more than a trilogy but with that out of the window... it's hopeless .

That is why I am totally hyping myself for monkey island, I never really played the first or second as of recent and I totally can't wait! A remake and totally new one! Fantastic news!

So, as much as we love shenmue, I think it's best to not completely let it go, but to just reminisce with it.

Last edited by Irfaan; 07-06-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Irfaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
neon_git

Please note that encouraging people illegally download a game is not something we allow here. I suggest you edit your posts before an admin see's it because you'll get a spanking if they do.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Heard of that.
Until GTA VI with ca. 70 Mio. $ the most expensive video game.

GTA VI: ca 100 Mio. $
Sven_Q45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
irishmile
Rookie

It was a great game one of my favorites... I hate QTE gameplay though. But even still it was worth suffering through all that crap because the story was cool... and who doesnt love racing forklifts and collecting coin machine trinkets?
irishmile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I do...I had the original one for Dreamcast...fun for a while, but I just recently traded it in to amazon.com.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Jenni
Rookie

Current Game: Monkey Island 4 (ResidualVM)
I loved both Shenmue and Shenmue II. I played Shenmue II on our Xbox and played Shenmue on my workmate's Dreamcast. I loved the storyline, and I really did feel like I was immersed in Ryo's world. It felt like I really was in Japan in the first game and China in the second. No game I've played before or after them have gotten me as immersed into the game world as the two Shenmue games did.

I really hope that one day Sega is able to overcome their financial problems so they can invest in finishing the Shenmue Saga. It's a shame to see the storyline unfinished.
Jenni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > Shenmue