lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Blue screen of death
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
Landmaster13
Rookie

Current Game: Rogue Squadron
Question Blue screen of death

Ok, star wars Galaxies has worked absolutely fine for md since the day i bought it. (with a few minor crashes). I then decided to stop playing for a while. However, when i resumed playing, it had its difficulties.

firstly, everytime i logged on i would be on for about 30 seconds, and then it would kick me off with the "connection to SWG lost!" message. One time i DID manage to get on, and played for around a mintue and a half, but then i lost connection again. So in the end I thought, "screw this" and shut it down.
However, I could not just leave the game there without trying again so the next day I tried to log in, but then....the BSOD came and stopped me in my tracks. So, I tried again a couple of days later, but, BOOM! Blue screen before I even got to select a guy to log in as. Any Ideas?

Also, i'm using a Vista and I have all the expansions if that somehow effects it.

"God himself could not sink this ship."

What does it do? It sinks.
Landmaster13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
DarthJacen
Forumite

Well, for one the the game was not designed with Vista in mind, but that shouldn't be a problem. Just, make sure your version of Vista is compatible with XP games.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Landmaster13
Rookie

Current Game: Rogue Squadron
Ok. I have looked into this and my PC has not had any updates since then. I reinstalled the game, and this seemed to stop blue screen, but now I cannot log in. Trying to log in either results in it getting into game mode then stating connection lost or it will stop loading at some point e.g: "generating terrain" or "loading objects".

"God himself could not sink this ship."

What does it do? It sinks.

Last edited by Landmaster13; 07-15-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Landmaster13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > SWGalaxies.net > Tech support > Blue screen of death