lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR: Revelations
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Drewton
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, TSL
KOTOR: Revelations

EDIT: Bah. Sorry about the requested review thing. Didn't see the option. Just ignore it.

I'm doing a complete redo of Episode I, using Hasbro Star Wars figures as a base for characters, making them look more realistic including adding the original actors' faces onto them; actual dioramas and animated models for sets; shaky camera techniques; Photoshop and a video effects program for special effects; and more. As close to live-action as you can get without it looking cheap.

However, I'm not going to be finishing that for at least a year and I wanted to accomplish some fanfilm this summer. So I've decided to make a five-minute shortfilm about the Revan revelation from KOTOR, one of the most iconic scenes in the game, in the same style titled Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Revelation. Scenes include a prologue at the Jedi Enclave, the aftermath of the battle on the Leviathan bridge, Darth Malak confrontation, and the Revelation video.

It seems like in this shot, the Leviathan is over Manaan, and a small brown moon is in the background. Those are the first things I've done for the film (after the script), made in Blender.

Manaan:
Show spoiler

Manaan moon:
Show spoiler

For the actors I'll use for the characters, I'm considering Zachary Quinto for Revan. I think he has the right look: not too young or old, black hair, and unique-looking (the eyebrows).

I'm not sure who to use for Bastila, Carth, and Saul Karath though. Any ideas? Malak will mostly be my reskin of him.

Sorry if this is not the right forum. I couldn't find anywhere for fanfilms.

Drewton has requested a fanfic review for this thread.

Last edited by Drewton; 08-07-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Drewton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Drewton
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, TSL
I'm now thinking about using these actors for the party members.

Carth Onasi: Nathan Fillion

This Rabittooth image looks right for Bastila, I think the actress is Eva Green. Can anyone confirm this?

Darth Malak: Eric Bana

Canderous Ordo: Adam Baldwin

Avery Brooks: Jolee Bindo

Last edited by Drewton; 08-07-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Drewton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
interesting choices

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > KOTOR: Revelations