lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multiple Heros?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
jondavis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 33
Multiple Heros?

I will be the first to say I never like the heros much in Battlefront II.

But I thought I'd post what I was thinking anyways.
This mostly works with lots a players on a map.

One way to do the system would be as you earn more points you unlock another hero character.
So first you maybe unlock - Jar Jar Binks
Later you might get - Han Solo
Then last would be - Luke Skywalker

That way in lets say 100-200 people on one map three different players from each team could be playing as different heros.
The top players with the better heros.

The number of heros could go up or down based on how many people have joined.

As long as they are not to powerful I think it could work.
What do you think?
jondavis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
shukkoku
Rookie
 
shukkoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 125
Current Game: Uncharted 2
no.
bad idea
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondavis View Post
I will be the first to say I never like the heros much in Battlefront II.

But I thought I'd post what I was thinking anyways.
This mostly works with lots a players on a map.

One way to do the system would be as you earn more points you unlock another hero character.
So first you maybe unlock - Jar Jar Binks
Later you might get - Han Solo
Then last would be - Luke Skywalker

That way in lets say 100-200 people on one map three different players from each team could be playing as different heros.
The top players with the better heros.

The number of heros could go up or down based on how many people have joined.

As long as they are not to powerful I think it could work.
What do you think?

Not a bad idea. But there will never be 100-200 people in a server for SWBF3, if it was ever made.


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,634
Current Game: Deus Ex forever
Lets just kill off the whole heroes thing all together.
And whats up with you and gungans, Jar jar was probably one of the most inept fighters in star wars history right up there with c3p0, yet you suggest making him a hero, despite his only success in battle being the result of a complete accident. What would his powers be, "flail violently" and "deus ex machina(all enemies die instantly due to actions of a 10 year old in space)"



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
Chad Dumeer, Deus Ex: "When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
"Es lebe die Freiheit!"(Freedom lives)
Hans Scholl
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
jondavis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Lets just kill off the whole heroes thing all together.
And whats up with you and gungans, Jar jar was probably one of the most inept fighters in star wars history right up there with c3p0, yet you suggest making him a hero, despite his only success in battle being the result of a complete accident. What would his powers be, "flail violently" and "deus ex machina(all enemies die instantly due to actions of a 10 year old in space)"
lol
Sorry when I think of the worst hero to possibly play, Jar Jar comes to mind.
Some screw up powers is the only thing I can think of.

I turn heros off myself if I start the map but if we are going to have these heros in the game we might as well have them all good or bad.

Is it the size of the level or what is the reason why you could not get like 200 people on a map?
That map in the trailer looks like you could have that many.
jondavis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,634
Current Game: Deus Ex forever
The problem is, would that many even be fun, I dont know if you've ever played any modded space maps where people add in like 4 extra capital ships, but the game looses its point then because it is no longer about killing the enemy, but instead about not being hit by one of the million flying lasers. Same goes for ground, on the "epic" maps where they put hundreds of units on the ground, it becomes a game of almost 100% chance and not even rolling nonstop will save you from the wall of lasers that is flying everywhere.



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
Chad Dumeer, Deus Ex: "When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
"Es lebe die Freiheit!"(Freedom lives)
Hans Scholl
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
jondavis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
The problem is, would that many even be fun, I dont know if you've ever played any modded space maps where people add in like 4 extra capital ships, but the game looses its point then because it is no longer about killing the enemy, but instead about not being hit by one of the million flying lasers. Same goes for ground, on the "epic" maps where they put hundreds of units on the ground, it becomes a game of almost 100% chance and not even rolling nonstop will save you from the wall of lasers that is flying everywhere.
Never played maps like that. Seems like the trailer you would need at least 50 vs 50 since it is so large flying into space and back and having multiple ships to land on.
jondavis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
kalle90
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12
It should be allowed. Sometimes in campaign and as option in custom games. It makes sense to sometimes have people like Obi Wan and Anakin working together.

But as I support offline gaming, I hate the earning and point system. It was one of the few things that made BF2 worse than BF1. Just make it an option, and if they are in match, 1 person in team can take the hero
kalle90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > Multiple Heros?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.