lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Review: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Review: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper

So, a couple weeks ago I finished a game called Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper, which, boiled down, is a point and click game, but had some very fun and intriguing puzzles and events. Here's a little review I have of the game:

The good
-Great graphics, and for a game that was released back in May of this year, it runs great on my 6- or 7-year old computer
-For a game with Jack the Ripper in it, it's not too gory or bloody, but you will see some dismembered organs and a little blood.
-The game is very movie-like, even more so towards the second-half.
-Exciting plotline and fun puzzles.
-Apparently, the developers tried to recreate the streets of London. Having been to London only a few times, I can't say how accurate they are .
-Some of the supporting characters were actually real people who lived in London during the time period.
-Both Holmes and Watson are playable
-Game only cost $20, another plus.

The bad
-Not much replay value.
-There aren't alot of hints given, and those that are given usually aren't too helpful.
-Due to that, you may find yourself wondering around aimlessly as you don't know what to do, and some puzzles become ridiculously tough.
-You can play in first and third person, but it's a little tough to move around in third person.
-I realize we're talking about Jack the Ripper here, but they use the word "prostitute" to the point it's not even funny.

Rating: 8/10. I would recommend this game to others, give it a buy or a rent, but the lack of hints and replay value bring the score down a bit.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Review: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper