lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fable III
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #41
Spadille
Rookie

Current Game: Saint's Row
NEW INTERVIEW: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1019820p1.html

A new more in-depth interview by IGN with Lionhead Studios founder and Lead Designer of Fable III Peter Molyneux
Spadille is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #42
Scatter
Rookie

has there ever been a designer in the history of gaming that has promised so much, yet continuously delivered so little as molyneux?

almost every single game he designs he hypes as this great revolutionary leap in gaming, and then he keeps churning out these run of the mill titles. black and white probably the worst offender. promised all this revolutionary AI in a game that would "revolutionise gaming and create a genre unto itself". what we got was a basic god sim clone with horrendous AI that was absolutely bug ridden on release.

the original fable just as bad. would revolutionise rpg gaming blah blah blah. safe to say it didn't. very average game that added nothing new to the genre.

the movies another example. all new, all different blah blah blah... a poor "the sims" knock-off set in a movie studio environment.

you have to go back 20 years to the release of populous for the last time he did something truly innovative that actually lived up to the hype.
Scatter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #43
Spadille
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
has there ever been a designer in the history of gaming that has promised so much, yet continuously delivered so little as molyneux?

almost every single game he designs he hypes as this great revolutionary leap in gaming, and then he keeps churning out these run of the mill titles. black and white probably the worst offender. promised all this revolutionary AI in a game that would "revolutionise gaming and create a genre unto itself". what we got was a basic god sim clone with horrendous AI that was absolutely bug ridden on release.

the original fable just as bad. would revolutionise rpg gaming blah blah blah. safe to say it didn't. very average game that added nothing new to the genre.

the movies another example. all new, all different blah blah blah... a poor "the sims" knock-off set in a movie studio environment.

you have to go back 20 years to the release of populous for the last time he did something truly innovative that actually lived up to the hype.
Just a part of his wisdom ...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #44
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
While on the whole I enjoyed both Fables, I did feel like it was somehow empty, considering how much had been promised in both games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter
The Movies was more of a Tycoon game with elements of The Sims. I liked it, but it failed at its main purpose (as a movie making program) because it was just too limited in its options.

For all his faults, I hope that Fable III might at least deliver on some of the revolutionary promises that are being made this time around.

Last edited by Astor; 09-02-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #45
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Actually i think fable 2 delivered (almost) all the promises, and more importantly than arguing over it being not the messiah game some might have hoped for it was a really fun game to play, and definetely worth 60 euros.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
Spadille
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
Actually i think fable 2 delivered (almost) all the promises, and more importantly than arguing over it being not the messiah game some might have hoped for it was a really fun game to play, and definetely worth 60 euros.
Agreed
Old 09-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #47
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here

Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
Quote:

Dude, it's game developing.
All Game Developers claim the game they make to be a rise to greatness in gaming.
In my opinion the revolutionary games are as follows:
Pong
I, Robot,
Maze War
Dragon Warrior/Adventure
Zombie Zombie
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
And of course (Have to say it so you guys won't bite my toes off)
KotOR I.

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.

Last edited by Tobias Reiper; 09-02-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #48
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
enjoyed II, but don't think I will play this one..Depends If i can be bothered to play.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #49
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
Sorry don't mean to post in an old thread but I found this searching and thought to post some updates on the game.

WARNING Spoiler content below don't read if you don't want to know.

Show spoiler
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #50
True_Avery
Banned

Peter Molyneux is a man with a dream too big to put on paper. I think he is actually very earnest in his desire to build exactly what he claims, but time and budget always end up hindering him.

Hell, if I had to choose 1 developer to give unlimited time and money to (like Hideo Kojima got for MGS4), it would be Molyneux. The man has vision.

Until then, however, I don't believe a word coming out of his mouth till I sit down and play the game myself.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 AM   #51
Astor
It's Thornhill!

It all sounds very promising, and on paper looks like it's a great game, but, as Avery says, Molyneux has too often promised grand things and delivered very little.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I know in my heart that we'll only be seeing half of that list implemented at most.

Also, I see it mentions a Windows version (download only, though) - I assume that means either Windows players won't have an option to continue with characters they might have had on the Xbox, or that Fable II might be released for Windows?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #52
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post

Peter Molyneux has confirmed that the game will have many new features, including:

* Episodes: There will be 2 episodes featured in the game. The first is to campaign to remove the king from the throne. The second is ruling Albion after you receive the crown.
* Judgements: As ruler of Albion, you will be able to determine if and how to respond to the requests of your citizens, such as punishing criminals.
* Touch: The simple expression system has greatly evolved. Now, "You can shake someone's hand, and then that might turn into a hug. You can then turn that into an embrace, and then into a full-on snog."
*There will be much more far reaching consequences for your actions than in the past two games due to at least part of the game taking place with the character as a monarch.
* Peter Molyneux has stated that it won't just be Albion, but has yet to give more information. Clues from the end of Fable II lead to Reaver and Garth in Samarkand. In the quest The Vision from the DLC See the Future, Theresa clearly states that the unborn child will change the fate of Albion and Aurora. Aurora has since been revealed to be an entirely new setting in Fable III.
* The previous saves from Fable II will be featured in Fable III. This means choices of your old hero will affect your new hero in Fable III. Choices from the two DLCs, Knothole Island and See the Future, will also correlate.
* Co-op impregnation will be possible
Definetely the most important improvement

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #53
Arannor

A new trailer

View page
YouTube Video

Single-player gameplay

View page
YouTube Video

Love and Life in Albion

View page
YouTube Video

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #54
truJedi
Rookie

i loved the first 2 , but for some reason this one looks like its more cartoon then the first two. Thats a little bit of a turn off for me. The trailers look pretty cool but hhhmmmm.. i dunno, probs still buy it though lol .

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #55
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
i loved the first 2 , but for some reason this one looks like its more cartoon then the first two. Thats a little bit of a turn off for me. The trailers look pretty cool but hhhmmmm.. i dunno, probs still buy it though lol .
I think it looks less cartoonish than the first two Looks pretty cool, has everything Fable 2 had and hopefully a lot of new stuff.

I know Peter Molyneux isnt the most trustworthy of the game developers, but he is actually one of the few people in the world that i actually want to believe in (the others are pretty much Barack Obama and Mikael Åkerfeldt ) because he has vision.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #56
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
I think it looks less cartoonish than the first two Looks pretty cool, has everything Fable 2 had and hopefully a lot of new stuff.
Yeah I agree, although I think the "cartoonishness" is just a part of how fable is supposed to look. I rather like it, although I always thought all the weapons looked so silly in Fable 1

Reading this thread through actually made me play Fable 2 again and made me realize the only thing I didn't like about the game (well, two things) and that is THE SHORTNESS! I finished the main quest, with many sidequests peppered in, in probably 7 hours. The first time I played the game through I was so pissed off at how short it was, so hopefully Fable 3 will be much longer, especially with this promising sounding "2 chapter" feature. I'm also excited about being able to be the son of my Fable 2 hero (I hope all my statues are still there ) and the new pause menu looks pretty cool and fun too, albeit slow and inconvenient (but I'll take cool and fun over that).

I just HOPE HOPE HOPE they change the damn spellcasting system. Fable 1 worked like a charm and I could use any power I wanted whenever I wanted, even during combat, but the system in 2 sucked so badly that I was restricted to one power the entire game. Though they are using the same engine, so I dunno about that.

I'm also excited about the time setting - industrial revolution, how neat! We actually (judging by the videos so far) see weapons and clothing that we recognize! Pretty cool if you ask me...

Anyway I'm much looking forward to this game and I hope it doesn't let me down, not that I believe it will. Two months!

Oh, and the "touch" thing is rather stupid looking

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 08-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #57
truJedi
Rookie

yehhhh!!!! im soooo lookinf forward to it now CANT WAIT ***drools *** hahah
i think the game is going to friken aaawwsoommee , every aspect of it so far is really really cool . Only thing is... yes, i dont want it to be as short as the last one haha

P.s i will be getting the collectors edition when it comes out, will anyone else be getting it ? / im getting it for the sword you get with it .

Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #58
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I remember when Fable was a game series about an epic "hero" who was essentially Beowulf, just with a set backstory fighting a guy named Jack of Blades.

Now it's about a Renaissance mercenary leading a country.

Fable 3 I'd have to play before I can properly critique it. But I don't aim to get it new. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. After I played Fable 2 for a few weeks it just got increadably boring to me. The characters werent particularly interesting, the writing felt subpar, and the amount of conversations I felt rehashed from other games just annoyed me.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn

Last edited by DeadYorick; 08-18-2010 at 07:12 PM.
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #59
truJedi
Rookie

nnnnaaaaawww WHAT !!! c'mon, wheres your sense of adventure hahah

Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #60
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Haha hey, I understand what you're saying Yorick. It is really different from the first fable. I remember reading somewhere that the inspiration for Fable I was folklore, which was obvious, the inspiration for Fable II was King Arthur and Robin Hood, which I can see, and the inspiration behind III is powerful and sometimes tyrannical leaders like Henry VIII, which to me is interesting, though I agree with you in the sense that there is no place for magic in modern times.

However to me it's cool how even though the world has changed so much (the Fable world of course), the hero bloodlines still follow through. And like I said before I think it'll be interesting to play in a familiar time period and see how much I might actually recognize from real life.

Like you said though, Fable II was definitely lacking and I hope III will pick it up.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #61
Ed Nigma
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
One of this year's most anticipated games from my view.

Ed Nigma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 AM   #62
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I've ordered the Fable III Collectors edition myself.

I really look forward to playing this game as i found most of Fable II better than Fable, especially weapons.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #63
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
I was contemplating the idea of getting the collectors edition for pc..but then i thought, no. Because i HATE PC gaming..and i havent got an xbox

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #64
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I didn't realize the game was being released in October 2010. Has time gone by that fast, or is Amazon wrong?
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #65
Arannor

@Taak Farst - Then buy an xbox when you can. I bought mine just so I could play Fable 2 and now I'm hooked on many other great games for the xbox.

@StarWarsPhreak - October 26, 2010 is the release date for US and October 29, 2010 for UK. Amazon not wrong.

@Topic - I have pre-ordered my copy of the LCE. I think this game is going to be great!

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #66
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Fable 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered. Really can't wait! Not long to go now, 2 more weeks.

Anyone else been playing the Kingmaker app? It's complete and utter crap, but it will be nice to start off with some gold in the bank.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #67
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
Fable 3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered. Really can't wait! Not long to go now, 2 more weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
@StarWarsPhreak - October 26, 2010 is the release date for US and October 29, 2010 for UK.
I get mine three days before leXX. Pre-ordered the CE.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #68
leXX
Forum Mum

You suck.

make life bearable.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #69
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
You suck.
Depending on who you pre-ordered it from, you'll probably get it on the 28th.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 AM   #70
leXX
Forum Mum

I ordered it from GAME, so yeah their pre-orders usually arrive the day before release.

make life bearable.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #71
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Did anyone see the new launch trailer? It makes me want to play Fable III.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #72
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
I haven't watched it yet, but I have been playing around with the villager maker - it's a nice way to spend half an hour.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #73
Revan 411
Forumite

Uncanny valley too much? Yeah, probably. The facial expressions, and animation movements look like they were animated by a 8 year old, and the slow-motion didn't exactly "fit" in that well.

Still, I'll probably get Fable III at some point. I'm just not buying it on launch date.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #74
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
Same here... I love the setting of the game, good ol medieval fantasy worlde is so goddamn overused its awesome that this happens in the 18th/19th century.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #75
Astor
It's Thornhill!

I was looking at the Fable wiki earlier today, and something jumped out - it seems that Lionhead have been taking visual cues from ITV Dramas -

Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #76
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
That's not necessarily a bad thing...

The game looks very interesting - even though I thought the first one was mildly lacking in some respects, great in others. Haven't played the second, as it isn't on PC, but this I might look at getting when it comes out for PC in December.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #77
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Dunno if anyone else has noticed this yet, but the first 19 avatar items for Fable III is available on Xbox Live.

So far they look kinda... meh.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #78
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Dunno if anyone else has noticed this yet, but the first 19 avatar items for Fable III is available on Xbox Live.

So far they look kinda... meh.
In my opinion all avatar items are meh

Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #79
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Just found this on xbox live:
Fable III Male Highlander Outfit
Summon the spirit of the highlands with this new outfit, perfect for charging into battle with a rebellious roar. The outfit comprises a bonnet, bracers, boots, top and kilt. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this outfit and you may already own it.

Fable III Red Setter Dog Potion
Transform your faithful collie into a red setter with this amazing potion. Just let your dog have a sip when he's lying in his basket in the Sanctuary. This item will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when it's unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this potion and you may already own it.

Free Weapons
In-game content. Communication is very important in Fable III, and what better way to communicate with the world than to bash it in the head with the new hammer, Bloodstone Bludgeon, and shoot it in the face with the brand new rifle, Gusket's Musket? These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when weapons are unlocked in the storyline.

(Unfortunately i couldn't find any pictures of these add-ons)

Old 10-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #80
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Well I backed off from the keyboard (playing Fallout: New Vegas) and picked up the 360 controller last night to play Fable 3. I mainly did this just so I could say I played Fable 3 before leXX. After about 7 hours of game play that had me up until 3:00 am I must say I will not be going back the Fallout: New Vegas anytime soon.

My first impression of the Fable 3 is that it seems to be a polished finished game compared to other games I have played or attempted to play lately. That does not mean it is perfect. The game does start slowly, but so did Fable 2. Peter Molneux did not lie, there is a difficult choice right at the beginning of the game, but it does not really feel that dire because it is not like you have anything invested at the game at that time.

The PC and NPC look way better than Fable 2. I’ve enjoy the new level up system and so far the quest have been fun yet tedious at times. The combat system seems much the same from Fable 2, but I do like many of the killing moves much better. Seeing my princess flip up in the air to land on the bad guy’s neck and break his neck with her thighs always puts a smile on my face.

Not crazy about there not being a traditional menu system, Sanctuary seems a bit unnecessary to me. I am getting more and more use to it the more I play. Shopping/Selling seems to have been streamlined (not a good thing IMO). Many more quest than Fable 2. Just like the real world, make friends with someone and they are going to ask the princess a favor. Hate the hand holding following.

For all they have changed or modified, it still feels like Albion, so far at least and while the Fable franchise may never confused with great, deep writing it is a blast to play and very difficult to put down in order to sleep.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Fable III