lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fable III
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #81
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
My CE got delayed to the first of next month.

And now my fingers are tingling.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #82
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
I've heard relatively good things about Fable 2 and 3 (never picked up 2 due to a lack of 360), and if I can scrounge up the money needed to buy 3 when it finally comes out for the godmachine PC, I'll definitely pay full price.

I did hear from someone that there is a demon door that requires co-op, and pretty much screws you over if you don't have Gold, and idk if fable 3 has splitscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Seeing my princess flip up in the air to land on the bad guy’s neck and break his neck with her thighs always puts a smile on my face.
Did you happen to name her Chun Li? :P
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #83
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
I did hear from someone that there is a demon door that requires co-op, and pretty much screws you over if you don't have Gold...
I found that demon door and already understand that I will never get all of the achievements for Fable 3 (just like Fable 2, it is impossible to get all the achievements without co-op. Still fun to play.

Can't play everything on the PC since I bought the 360 for Mass Effect (when they said it would not be coming to PC).

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #84
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

Gonna go buy this tomorrow (its released then) if I have time, Im going to a split Kiuas/Turisas gig and that definetely comes before paying hellish amounts of cash for a game

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #85
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Missed the damn post so I'll be playing my pre-order on release day like all the other schmucks.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #86
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Woohoo, guess what just got delivered. XD

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #87
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Fable III Male Highlander Outfit
Summon the spirit of the highlands with this new outfit, perfect for charging into battle with a rebellious roar. The outfit comprises a bonnet, bracers, boots, top and kilt. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary, and will be available when clothes are unlocked in the storyline. Please be aware that retail copies of Fable III contain a code to receive this outfit and you may already own it.
Huh, seems this one has been removed from XBox Live. Hopefully, my copy of FIII CE has the code that is mentioned.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #88
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Now that I've got a good paying gig I can't wait until I have saved enough money to buy Fable II & III.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #89
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Played it, completed it, liked it.

Nothing more, really. No love like I had for Fable II.

While it's certainly enjoyable, it seems rather short, and, unsurprisingly, a little light on features.

Went for a middle-ground end, though. Going to try again and see what being really good/evil means.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #90
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Played it, completed it, liked it.
Loved the first half.

I loved Fable III up until the princess reaches the city of Aurora. I just thought they gave their support way too easily, it was almost like the developer said “We made the PC jump through enough hoops, make her the queen already.”

Fighting: Much the same as Fable 2, with some new cool looking (the first few times you see them) killing moves. Overall nothing to get excited about, but still just as fun as Fable 2 was. I will say I finally used magic in a Fable game since the usage did not make my PC look like a freak. She still was about the tallest person in Albion, but this time she did not look like someone ingesting too many steroids.

Quest: Did 112 and a majority of those were boring as hell. Hate the relationship aspect of this game; it made my princess a monogamist. The real quests were fun, but the friendship quests go from point A to point B and back just became a bore and don’t even get me started with the hand holding follow system for dating, it is utter nonsense.

Overall: Fun experience and I will play it again, but I do not believe it was as good of a game as Fable 2. The story at times was interesting, but at others it was very contrived. While I did not find many bugs, the one bug the kept popping up was damn annoying (the golden marker would just disappear or the dog would point a treasure that was not there. Still both were usually remedied by petting the dog and that seemed to reset the markers). The only other bug was my princess wife seemed to disappear. Not a major problem, but I think the kids were better off in the orphanage.

My total time was just under 25 hours, but I blew off many quests and just quit doing relationship quests. I went full good and blew all my personal money in the second half of the game. Got the good ending, but I did not save everyone.

spoiler:
Loved having to fight Walter as the final boss even though I saw that coming from a mile away

Last edited by mimartin; 11-01-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #91
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

One thing is for sure.

The Fable series is WAAAAAAAY better than the Onimusha series. (The Japanese are weird in a lot of ways.)

Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #92
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
The West is equally weird, if you aren't Western.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #93
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
The Fable series is WAAAAAAAY better than the Onimusha series. (The Japanese are weird in a lot of ways.)
I missed the part where it's explained why they should ever be compared. I mean, action game on this side and RPG on the other.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #94
Stream
Damn...

Current Game: Fable 3
Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
I loved Fable 3.

I still prefer the first Fable though and to be honest I couldn't get in to Fable 2 at all, not sure why but I really didn't like that.

Quote:
spoiler:
Loved having to fight Walter as the final boss even though I saw that coming from a mile away
Yeah that was pretty obvious, the final giveaway was when you became King/Queen and...

spoiler:
if you chose to save Logan, the reply Walter gave

Stream is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #95
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. It's no way near as good as Fable II, the story is pretty crap, the boss makes no sense, the final battle was waaaaay too easy and I didn't like that choosing to be good meant having to spend all of your own money (not exactly a good moral story), BUT I still enjoyed playing it. The fight mechanics are still great, Albion itself is a great place to explore, and the overall sense of humour is brilliant. Had me laughing out loud numourous times. Not as good as I expected/wanted it to be, but I had fun.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #96
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
...and the overall sense of humour is brilliant. Had me laughing out loud numourous times...
"A girl? Make yourself useful love and bring us a cup of tea!"

Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #97
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I found the intro movie quite amusing.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #98
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
I thought Fable 3 was a very good addition to the story. Granted it was short, the final boss was disappointing, and the judgment system was not very "satisfying". I do feel that this game could lead into another game easily. Lionhead made a lot of promises and speculations on what would be in this game and again they came up short, but I think they want to tell their story and the final game they will go all out with a big bang! just my opinion though!

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #99
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

One thing that has been bugging me about the game is the fact that they removed the experience orbs from the game.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #100
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
One thing that has been bugging me about the game is the fact that they removed the experience orbs from the game.
I didn't really see the difference between experience orbs and the Guild Seals, except you do not get Guild Seals for eating and all your gained experience can now be spent on what you want to upgrade and not a predetermined skill. In Fable 3 it is like getting green orbs all the time. Who really cares if you don’t get experience from eating food or drinking potions, you now get experience for farting in someone’s face (or any other expression).

Personally I like Fable 3 better at least in this regard. I always hated collecting experience points in the middle of a fight before they disappeared in Fable 2. The part I hate about Fable 3 is getting one point for performing an expression on someone for the first time and also only getting one point for delivering a package half way across Albion.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #101
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
I haven't gotten the game yet, but what do you guys think of the new main menu system? Is it a good change or just annoying?

Also, if they were to come out with a Fable IV, it would have to be modern times which IMO would be stupid. They should just go back and make another like 1 or something, it seems like they've dug themselves a hole there if they do intend to make a IV.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #102
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Also, if they were to come out with a Fable IV, it would have to be modern times which IMO would be stupid. They should just go back and make another like 1 or something, it seems like they've dug themselves a hole there if they do intend to make a IV.
Not necessarily. Although the last games have shown constant timeline advancement, Albion is not the real world and, although the game eras are candidly inspired on Earth's, it's not the same by a long shot. Plus, from Fable 1 to 2 there was a huge leap on the timeframe. From 2 to 3 however, it was just a 50 years hiatus. Next installment might be even less.

And that if we ignore Molyneux statements that it's his last attempt on the franchise - again. He's starting to sound like an alcoholic trying to drop the vice.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #103
truJedi
Rookie

i hope there is another one i cant get enough of them, loved all 3.
And the main menu system . i like it, its different and unique.

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #104
Arannor

Quote:
I never liked the orbs myself it was too much of a hassle gathering those stupid things. Funny thing is after fighting in Fable 3 I still found myself pulling on RT.

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #105
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Btw, has anyone found if there are any ways to remove scars in Fable III like it was possible in Fable II?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #106
Arannor

Quote:
Btw, has anyone found if there are any ways to remove scars in Fable III like it was possible in Fable II?
I do not think it is possible, most members on the official forums say there is no way. Maybe if by high demand they will make something for DLC.

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #107
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

A return to Knothole island DLC would be cool.

Might be interesting to see how the island and people have changed over the years.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #108
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed Jedi View Post
Funny thing is after fighting in Fable 3 I still found myself pulling on RT.
I still do that too.

The easiest way not to deal with scars is don't get knocked down. First game I used melee/magic and got knocked down three times. Two of those happen because I was trying to eat and play at the same time. This game I’m using magic/range and 18 hours in I have yet to be knocked down. Coming from me that means the game is way too easy. I am paying more attention this time in order to get the achievement.

2nd playthrough I’ve been taking my time exploring every nook and cranny while not allowing myself to continue the main quest until I get enough Guild Seals to purchase everything available at that time from the Road to Rule. Have everything up to Gate 7 now, but still not going to continue the main quest until I have 245 Guild Seals for the next gate. That means I’m doing a lot of relationship quest this time around, still I’m also making way more money than I did last time around.

Really surprised about how many caves, dive spots and dig spots I missed the first time I played. I’m well on my way to finding all the keys, books and gnomes.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #109
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I'm jonsing for some Fable action (uses time spell to speed up to Payday )

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #110
Arannor

Quote:
2nd playthrough I’ve been taking my time exploring every nook and cranny while not allowing myself to continue the main quest until I get enough Guild Seals to purchase everything available at that time from the Road to Rule. Have everything up to Gate 7 now, but still not going to continue the main quest until I have 245 Guild Seals for the next gate. That means I’m doing a lot of relationship quest this time around, still I’m also making way more money than I did last time around.
Try and find a legendary weapon that will reward you with gaining guild seals faster after unlocking an augment. I use Avo's Lamentation, only need to make 5 villagers love you while sword is equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
I'm jonsing for some Fable action (uses time spell to speed up to Payday )
You got that backwards, Time Spell slows time down, not speeds it up.

NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #111
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Not necessarily. Although the last games have shown constant timeline advancement, Albion is not the real world and, although the game eras are candidly inspired on Earth's, it's not the same by a long shot. Plus, from Fable 1 to 2 there was a huge leap on the timeframe. From 2 to 3 however, it was just a 50 years hiatus. Next installment might be even less.

And that if we ignore Molyneux statements that it's his last attempt on the franchise - again. He's starting to sound like an alcoholic trying to drop the vice.
I agree with you here, but it's just that I remember Molyneux saying something about continuing with the timeline in the future, but also like you said, you can't really trust that guy, he's a kook

I need some $ so I can give this a shot since blockbuster is now non-existent. From what I've been reading though, it sounds exactly like Fable II. Yes, it's a great game, but it still lacks the "innovative" stuff that Molyneux keeps promising.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #112
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I'm kinda guessing the 'guy' that came up with 'The Swinging Sword' is something of a pervert.

What is needed to upgrade that sword to 100% is sex, and a whole helluva lot of it too.

Edit: Just noticed that the Aurorian Sand Furies seem to be using the Diachi model for their swords.

Last edited by Darth Payne; 11-07-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #113
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Guild Seal Points

I've now unlocked every chest on the road to rule and is left with some 400 GSPs.

My question is: Is there a way to get rid of them? Such as giving them to another player via LIVE?

Last edited by Darth Payne; 11-08-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #114
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
I'm kinda guessing the 'guy' that came up with 'The Swinging Sword' is something of a pervert.
Did not find that sword. Looked up the requirement to upgrade and I would have to say that there is little doubt the “guy” is a pervert. That was not the sword I received from that chest.

Finished my second playthrough last night and got the “Tough Love” achievement. What a joke achievement. I had more than enough money to save everyone and still make all the good choices and keep all the promises.

More importantly, I got all of the darn gnomes. Still need to find a few more keys before I have to decide to give the game a third go around or go back to Fallout: New Vegas.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #115
truJedi
Rookie

Quote:
My question is: Is there a way to get rid of them? Such as giving them to another player via LIVE?

SHOTGUN ...if there is lol

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #116
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Finished the game three times, twice good once evil... what I dislike is that you have to have a full bank in order to save all the people of Albion from the
spoiler:
Crawler
. If your hero is a good character it makes it damn near impossible to save all of them... but when you're evil it's easy and if you work from the start to have people hate you, I rather think it's a waste to save them and have them love you... where as if you try to be a good guy and nearly everyone dies and the few that do survive hate your guts... hmmmm... >.> I mean really? Is anyone going to waste time playing Lute Hero or any other profession until they reach nearly 10 million gold for the stuff you have to do to be a good king and to keep the treasury full? Probably not... it gets boring. That is really the only complaint I have about Fable III.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #117
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I've created a character via the villagermaker, but i can't seem to find said character in the game.

So, how do i get said character into the game? (Seeing as it didn't seem to work the first time.)

Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 AM   #118
Canaan Sadow

As far as I can tell, the character should be in the place where you said they were born... ie my created character's hometown is Brightwall, so I assume, she'll be in Brightwall. However, I have yet to download her, so I'm not sure.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #119
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

And, how do i download my character?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #120
Canaan Sadow

When you log onto your Xbox Live profile, you should start the game and search for available content, I think is what site said after I saved her to my account...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Fable III