Thread: Coruscant confirmed @ PAX. New footage!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Coruscant confirmed @ PAX. New footage!

A trailer for the planet Coruscant has been shown at the Penny Arcade Expo, confirming the planet as playable and showing off some of the environment. There’s also some combat gameplay, which includes a very brief look at some of the Jedi’s moves and some fancy robe-swishing physics. Thanks to the boys at DarthHater.com for the [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 

That look like master chief to anyone else?

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I think that Sith warrior gameplay must of been old, because the Jedi in this footage seemed so much better developed, movement and looks wise.

Cool Stuff, Glad it wasn't just the senate and Jedi temple as they look 2.7 thousand years later... maybe they should communicate that to the Comic crew.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
woohoo!
I was really looking forward to seeing Coruscant confirmed. Excellent. It's gonna be a big project for them to put together, but I am psyched to see how they do it. Very cool.

As for Master Chief making a cameo as bounty hunter...that's a little random.

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Sweet Coruscant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
I think that Sith warrior gameplay must of been old, because the Jedi in this footage seemed so much better developed, movement and looks wise.
Yeah I did seem better. This is going to be really cool.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
This announcement is kind of like the Sith Warrior in that we all knew it was coming, there was no way they would do this game without Coruscant. That said, it's cool to see some footage, especially of the Jedi which looked awesome.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
This announcement is kind of like the Sith Warrior in that we all knew it was coming, there was no way they would do this game without Coruscant. That said, it's cool to see some footage, especially of the Jedi which looked awesome.
Yes, nobody doubted Coruscant was going to be in there, but it's nice to finally get some word about it. I agree on the Jedi. Moves smoother than his Sith Warrior counterpart.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
Fredi
El Guapo

Good, I knew they where gonna put it. Let's see which planets are next and the new classes.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Very awesome.

I love the look of the Jedi in that video.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
Litofsky
Galaxial

Interesting video: definitely good to know that Coruscant's going to be playable, but I don't think for a second anyone doubted that it wouldn't be in here. The Jedi was fancy and whatnot, but I have a strange feeling that everybody's younger cousin is going to want to be a Jedi, now.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #11
DAWUSS

Not totally sold on whether or not it'll be amazing just yet.
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonkH8er View Post
That look like master chief to anyone else?
haha yeah.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litofsky View Post
The Jedi was fancy and whatnot, but I have a strange feeling that everybody's younger cousin is going to want to be a Jedi, now.
Being that it's a Star Wars game, wasn't that the case to being with?

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #14
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Rider View Post
Being that it's a Star Wars game, wasn't that the case to being with?
Correct, a massive amount will be Sith, "I'm a Badass Darksider, killing is cool", But I know for a fact that all the SWG exiles (The Horror) will probably all come on there high horses saying they refuse to play Jedi because of the NGE (Cry more already) that. coupled with the snobbish "I wont lower myself to play Jedi, I'll be playing the ranged interesting classes"... I'm guessing it will be pretty balanced.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Said swg posse, and general idiots, griefing Jedi's because they think they are better than them because they played the "Old" SWMMO, and somehow have ownership on the IP or have experience whatever...

Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #15
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
^
Agreed. Also worth mentioning is that you play the ELITE of you kind with every character. You don't play a REGULAR trooper but an Elite one. Same goes for bounty hunter.
Jedi will slice through standard thugs. But Bounty hunters equiped like Fett? Or Smugglers with the cunning of Han Solo?

I'm still doubting what to play. Smuggler seems extremely cool, but I hadmy heart set on (LS) Sith. But if there'll be young Revanpwer1997's running around the Sith temple the immersion I need (which WoW rocks on) will be gone.

Choices, choices...

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
^
Agreed. Also worth mentioning is that you play the ELITE of you kind with every character. You don't play a REGULAR trooper but an Elite one. Same goes for bounty hunter.
Jedi will slice through standard thugs. But Bounty hunters equiped like Fett? Or Smugglers with the cunning of Han Solo?

I'm still doubting what to play. Smuggler seems extremely cool, but I hadmy heart set on (LS) Sith. But if there'll be young Revanpwer1997's running around the Sith temple the immersion I need (which WoW rocks on) will be gone.

Choices, choices...
Actually, in an interview with executive producer Tom Nichols, he confirmed that there will be naming filters, so no Revans or Malaks or whatever else. So that at least helps that part of it.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #17
DAWUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Correct, a massive amount will be Sith, "I'm a Badass Darksider, killing is cool", But I know for a fact that all the SWG exiles (The Horror) will probably all come on there high horses saying they refuse to play Jedi because of the NGE (Cry more already) that. coupled with the snobbish "I wont lower myself to play Jedi, I'll be playing the ranged interesting classes"... I'm guessing it will be pretty balanced.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Said swg posse, and general idiots, griefing Jedi's because they think they are better than them because they played the "Old" SWMMO, and somehow have ownership on the IP or have experience whatever...
And the funny thing is, TOR looks more like SWG's NGE rather than anything else. I'm sure they'll be whining and crying after the first week of the game's release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Actually, in an interview with executive producer Tom Nichols, he confirmed that there will be naming filters, so no Revans or Malaks or whatever else. So that at least helps that part of it.
Yet somehow we'll still probably see Re'''''vvva''''nnnn and the like...
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
Spadille
Rookie

Current Game: Saint's Row
I guess this will be the starting planet for the Jedi then.
No big surprise that it's in the game, now I'm just waiting for Tatooine (It ain't Star Wars without it).
Spadille is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadille View Post
I guess this will be the starting planet for the Jedi then.
Tython is the starting planet for the Jedi. That's where they all went to after leaving Coruscant.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Welcome to the internet.
Everyone's got an ego here. Whether it's the WoW group, the SWG group, the KOTOR4LIFE group, or the wookiepedia referencer. They're all going to be on the game.

That's one of the great things about MMOs, interacting with people from different backgrounds through a shared passion. So what if they refuse to play Jedi because of SWG, everyone has their reasons for choosing a class. If they're elitist about non-Jedihood they'll eventually get shut up by someone, whether through PvP or just /ignore.

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfergie View Post
Welcome to the internet. ~snip~
My Post was more of a "I've been there and I didn't like it it" Than a "Dad, why do I have Hairs growing in strange places"

But I agree with your points

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Coruscant confirmed @ PAX. New footage!