Thread: Why do I care that it's an MMO?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #41
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
its going to be $***!!! a flop, a waste of time and money, and the worste idea they could have ever dremt up. Take out the online prospective and what would you have??
A horrible excuse for a sequal. what would be the point in buying and suscribing to something thats clearly inferior to the rpg's in both storyline , graphics and just general gameplay feeling. the only reason its online is so that they can suck the life out of your funs each month lol . I have tried to get into it by watching trailers diaries and all that ... but i just cant lol it looks terrible lol sorry to say to the creators but damn lol ---so bottom line, take it offline and you've got NOTHING .
You have wrote so many things wrong that I don't know from where to start...



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #42
truJedi
Rookie
 
truJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uranus ....
Posts: 158
[@ Alexrd= You have wrote so many things wrong that I don't know from where to start...]


Wrong according to who ? you ? all it is , is a difference of opinion. You may be someone who enjoys playing MMO 's whereas im not.... Stateing the oviouse isnt being wrong.
you can clearly see there is SOME truth in what im saying from all of the outraged and dissappointed kotor fans. So correct me where im wrong please...


... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 04:25 AM   #43
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Wrong according to who ? you ? all it is , is a difference of opinion.
And you're opinion is based on what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
So correct me where im wrong please...
Sure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
its going to be $***!!!
Why? Have you played it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
a flop, a waste of time and money, and the worste idea they could have ever dremt up.
Well, the marketing guys at EA and LucasArts don't think so. Surely they made some studies. Where are yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Take out the online prospective and what would you have??
You can't take out the online from an MMO. Even so, in this case, you would still have a game with a good story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
A horrible excuse for a sequal.
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
what would be the point in buying and suscribing to something thats clearly inferior to the rpg's in both storyline , graphics and just general gameplay feeling.
We don't even no the full storyline (although what we have is good) and I bet you haven't played the game. So, how can you say that it is clearly inferior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
the only reason its online is so that they can suck the life out of your funs each month lol .
No. The reason it's online is that they have a market for it. Besides you pay for an online game to get the servers payed, more content, and improvement over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
I have tried to get into it by watching trailers diaries and all that ... but i just cant lol it looks terrible lol sorry to say to the creators but damn lol ---so bottom line, take it offline and you've got NOTHING .
Don't like it, don't play it. But don't judge the whole game based on "nothing".



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 06-04-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #44
truJedi
Rookie
 
truJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uranus ....
Posts: 158
[QUOTE=Alexrd;2728826]And you're opinion is based on what?



Sure:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Why? Have you played it?
Have you ??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Well, the marketing guys at EA and LucasArts don't think so. Surely they made some studies. Where are yours?
Yer (MARKETING) all they see is dollar signs,not what their fans want.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
We don't even no the full storyline (although what we have is good) and I bet you haven't played the game. So, how can you say that it is clearly inferior?
1. Its an MMO, lol need i say more ?
2. Since when do you need to BUY the game ,THEN sit and play and possibly pay more for the monthly fee, and THEN make an opinion on whether or not you like it , if it looks bad why bother ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
No. The reason it's online is that they have a market for it. Besides you pay for an online game to get the servers payed, more content, and improvement over the years.

Yer lets go and pay MORE after buying the game , so that we can wait untill they make the game a bit better lol . Doesnt seem smart to me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Don't like it, don't play it. But don't judge the whole game based on "nothing".

Dont worry i wont be playing it or even considering it lol. And i am judging it based on what ive seen, heard and given my opinion. Dont like it , deal with it.
But we should probly just agree to dissagree on this one because these guys wont hear the end of it lol


... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #45
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Have you ??
What? You are the one with the burden of proof, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Yer (MARKETING) all they see is dollar signs,not what their fans want.
Guess what: The dollar signs come from the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
1. Its an MMO, lol need i say more ?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
2. Since when do you need to BUY the game ,THEN sit and play and possibly pay more for the monthly fee, and THEN make an opinion on whether or not you like it , if it looks bad why bother ?
The trials exist for some reason. Second, the fact that you say the game looks bad is just your opinion, therefore you can't ask why anyone would subscribe to the game. If people like it, they will pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Yer lets go and pay MORE after buying the game , so that we can wait untill they make the game a bit better lol . Doesnt seem smart to me.
Care to explain? Did you ignored what I wrote and only picked what you want just to nitpick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Dont worry i wont be playing it or even considering it lol. And i am judging it based on what ive seen, heard and given my opinion. Dont like it , deal with it.
The game exists and people are liking it. Deal with it.

Anyway, what seems to be your main concern are the graphics, and that will not be the final product. So yes, it is based on "nothing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
But we should probly just agree to dissagree on this one because these guys wont hear the end of it lol
Probably, yes.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #46
Kira_Tsukasa
Rookie
 
Kira_Tsukasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37
The idea of having it as an MMO has its pros and cons.

Pros:
-Two heads are better than one. You can team up with other people to solve puzzles and complete quests, so you have help in case you get stuck and can't figure out what to do or where to go next.
-Interaction with real people, rather than just NPCs. I find it is more enjoyable talking to people about, say, how the Mets are doing rather than the static, pre-programed dialog of an NPC.
-Clans, guilds, factions, and, hopefully, wars between them. This is an incredibly fun part of MMO gaming that they would be foolish not to include.
-Better items. As you go along, you may miss an item that you want or, as is the case with KotOR, the item was just not there. You can look for someone that did get the item you wanted and you can buy/trade the other person for it.
-Honestly, we haven't had a real good online Star Wars game since Jedi Knight.

Cons:
-Monthly fee. I haven't read any confirmation on it, but it's pretty much a given that there will be one. And no one likes monthly fees nor can everyone afford it.
-If there is no monthly fee, then there is guaranteed to be a "Cash Shop" which in turn comes down to people with money dominating the game. Just that little fact has ruined so many MMOs for me and others as well.
-It is pretty much required to have above recommended system specs to deal with both the game and the Internet connection. So if you don't have the money for a high end computer, you're usually Sith outta luck.
-Interaction with real people. For every kind and fair person, there will be two that are greedy "elites" who will do everything they can to have all the best gear and all the money on the server, even if it means cheating others out of what they have earned and deserved.
-Drop stealers and KSers. If you've played an MMO before then you know what they are and you know that they technically aren't doing anything wrong and so they will continue doing it.
-Too many people. I've played at least a dozen MMOs before and whenever there are a lot of people in one place, there is more lag than there is junk on Ord Mantell. Granted, a large group of people usually equals a better chance of finding people with the skill sets you need, the unplayability makes it not worth it.
-Servers need maintenance. This means that there is time that you just can't play. And if something happens and the server is taken down, the game becomes worthless.
-Bots. The bane of most MMOs. There will be people who set up bots to play their characters for them. There will be people who set up automated characters that advertise free items if you give them your account information. There will be many that are caught and banned, but there will be just as many that will elude capture.

Now, there seem to be more cons than pros here, but that does not mean I am opposed to having an MMO. If I can run the game without the trouble that KotOR2 is presenting me at the moment, and there is no monthly fee, I will most likely pick it up and see you all in-game.
Kira_Tsukasa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Why do I care that it's an MMO?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump