lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: T3 is a big pain
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Devhackr
Lurker

T3 is a big pain

Ok, I have googled until my fingers have bled, and I can't seem to find an answer to this question. So here goes, and sorry if this question is common or whatnot, but I seriously am at my wits end.

So I have played KOTOR I/II through from beginning to end half a dozen times with different choices/paths. Recently I dug out my xbox and repurchased both KOTOR games and started anew.

Here's the issue. No matter how many times I try, no matter what choices I make, no matter how often I save and try again, that first section where you control T3 is impossible. The second I open that first door where the other droids are, they gang rape T3 and nothing works. I even tried lobbing grenades at them, then saving each time one connected. I try hiding around the corner, but they still find/rape poor T3. I need one repair part to open the security door, but no amount of searching turns one up.

So I attempted to get around this with a hacked savegame, but I missed some key points and ended up leaving the station WITHOUT t3 in my party. The game progressed as normal until I finished up with the ice wench Jedis. The game went into a cutscene, and when it reached the part with T3, it stalled out and allowed me to run around a buggy Ebon Hawk. (It was actually somewhat interesting. Once I get my capture running again I'll grab some video of it)

So does anyone have an answer for this horrible problem? I'm so sad watching T3 get violated over and over by those f#$%ing mining droids.
Devhackr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
DAWUSS

Try using shields, ion weapons, the shock arm... I don't have any probs there whatsoever...
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Devhackr
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
Try using shields, ion weapons, the shock arm... I don't have any probs there whatsoever...
That's part of the issue. I'm not getting any of those items. I have scrubbed each area for every scrap of an item possible. I have received nothing that would allow me to get past those droids. Even ION equipment. Once in a while I get a hold of a shield or a ion grenade. Neither of which last very long. =\
Old 10-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This may sound very simple, but what's the game difficulty level set at? If it's "normal or hard" try turning it down to easy. Have you modded the games on the X-box at all?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Devhackr
Lurker

You know, until now I had zero clue there was a difficulty setting. Boy is my face red. I'll try that in a bit. As for modding, the closest thing to a mod I have is installing the game via XBMC to the hard drive of my xbox. Which speeds up load times a LOT.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devhackr View Post
You know, until now I had zero clue there was a difficulty setting. Boy is my face red. I'll try that in a bit. As for modding, the closest thing to a mod I have is installing the game via XBMC to the hard drive of my xbox. Which speeds up load times a LOT.
It's fine I'm an IT technician, my old boss a lovely old guy said the first rule of IT is never believe anything anyone tells you about their computer. Believe me, I've seen far more embarrassing things than forgetting the difficulty level...

"My computer isn't working, it won't turn on I need a new one"

- I ask, "is it plugged in?"

"Yes, I've tried everything..."

I get down there, and sure enough the tower had its cable in, however the cleaner had unplugged the socket to vacuum the previous night.

Anyways, hopefully its just the difficulty being set on say normal, and if you turn it down to easy you'll be fine

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The difficulty has to be off; usually, on normal, T3's shock arm will take out a droid in 1-2 hits. If you're having difficulties at that point, something's off.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 AM   #8
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
it stalled out and allowed me to run around a buggy Ebon Hawk. (It was actually somewhat interesting. Once I get my capture running again I'll grab some video of it)
afaik that can be done with any cutscene with the "warp" command.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
Devhackr
Lurker

Ok, a bit of an update. I figured out what the issues were. The first one is that if you hack your player character to be levels far above, it seems that the game adjusts the difficulty of they droids. I was shocking them and they were one hit killing me. Also, installing kotor2 on an xbox has caused a lot of unusual errors. Any time the game does an automatic save something messes up.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
Andychs
Rookie

Current Game: FM2010, Fifa2K10
if u are running KOTOR 2 on xbox from your HDD, u need to leave the DVD in the drive, a couple of times in the game they will actually redirect to search a file from the drive. it's something of an error i think, instead of typing /kotor2/file/.... they put d:/kotor2/file/....

anyway... do u have T3 renewable sheild? i just whore the sheild, and let it rip with 2 sonic blasters. sometimes i do use the shock arm.

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.” - Yoda

Andychs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
I had that problem too I figured out that I forgot to put the armor on T3 and when I did it went just fine

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > T3 is a big pain