Thread: Interview with BioWare's Blaine Christine
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Interview with BioWare's Blaine Christine

The MMO Gamer recently had the chance to interview Blaine Christine, one of the producers for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Nothing new is uncovered, but there are some interesting points throughout the interview. Perhaps the most interesting point is when the Light side / Dark side scale is being discussed: If you [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
jrrtoken

To be honest, I think they should do away with the morality system altogether. One of the largest flaws in both KotORs was the fairly dichotomous constraint that it put upon the player in every situation; either everything led to a ultimately good or ultimately bad choice, with the occasionally apathetic option.

Or, they could base morality on faction, with "lawful" and "chaotic" behavior based upon class or player direction. Of course, that itself would be constraining, so I'd say it's still best to have nothing whatsoever.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Problem with that, PastramiX, is that the Star Wars world is a fairly dichotomous world. You'll always have Jedi and Sith, both adhering an extreme of the Force. You can't get around those. But a looser interpretation of the light and the dark of the Force would be welcome, indeed.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I get the impression that each class will have a story like in Kotor, so that means:

We can play an absolute insane *ss, killing like a loony and taking money and loot everywhere.
Or be a sweet little kitten >_<

Come on BIOWARE! Learn! There's more then this to portray a "bad" character or a more normal "good" person. Then again, I'll still play it. Bioware games do have good gameplay and they are polished and end.
Its just a bit sad that these folks have the power and skill to make a good world, but then don't do better job at the whole writing thing.
Not that its super bad, but it could always be better.

Anyway, at least we know what to expect, so being dissapointed won't happen.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Interview with BioWare's Blaine Christine