lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about JK Dark Forces II Discs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Question about JK Dark Forces II Discs

Hi there all,
I am wondering if any of you veteran players can help me with info on the
contents of the two CD's for JK DF II which I just bought along with most of the early titles, I installed it and it seems to run fine in my XP with some nice adjustments which I have learned by reading posts here and at the Massassi Temple and Admiral's Command Chamber...but i wondered, when i opted for the fullest install of the highest quality files, the game install never asked for the second disc, does that disk have the lower resolution files and sound filed on it? That was my guess but i was not sure. thanks for any info. I am glad these older games and some of the maps and mods for them are still alive and archived. I am looking forward to seeing the community creations for them.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
-BLaCKouT-
Clone Brutality

Yeah, I'm pretty certain disc two is for music and cutscenes. Later in the game, it should ask you for disc two, although I believe it's possible to play without it.

( http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38 )

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. ULCER are from Margate...
-BLaCKouT- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Agent_Katarn00

Current Game: Morrowind!
Get a Crack for the game i'm sure that would work.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Mod Project Leader and Console and PC Gamer
Games i'm looking forward to:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Agent_Katarn00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
thanks but i never use cracks, I only use official disks in the correct manner. I have back up copies for the master archive that are perserved mint, so my play discs i can use as they were intended.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
While there are unofficial cracks (or hacks) for JK1, like just about every other PC game in existence, there is really no need for them (MotS is another story).

Why? Because the "CD check" can be bypassed by copying a single small file from the second disc to your hard drive. It's extremely easy to do, a child could figure it out! No need to download or hack anything.

The second disc is needed for the second half of the game for the reasons people gave. You can avoid having to insert the discs every time by use of the "do it yourself" cd check bypass. Most people just used this method for ease of use during multiplayer. For SP you don't want to miss the awesome cutscenes and music.

It's fun, because it's arcane knowledge now but back in the day everybody knew that! I feel old... but it's fun teaching the padawans old tricks.

PM me if you have further questions. And remember of coures that we don't condone piracy here even of old (and classic!) games. Glad you purchased yours legit!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Question about JK Dark Forces II Discs