lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Rifle creation request [K2]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Rifle creation request [K2]

My thoughts on weapons as seen in Star Trek were that they always looked weakly designed toys. One exception springs to mind though: the TR-116 Rifle as seen on an episode of Deep Space Nine.

Background info on weapon with pictures throughout:

An experimental weapon developed by Starfleet Security. It fires tritanium projectiles propelled by expanding gases from a chemical detonation. This rifle was designed for use in areas of high electromagnetic (EM) interference (whether artificial or natural) that would render phasers useless, but was dropped in favour of regenerative phasers. Access to the replicator pattern for this design is restricted to Starfleet officers.

One unique aspect of the gun is its Exographic Targeting System, a separate sighting device which communicates with the weapon. The operator wears a wire frame helmet with a monocle attached over one eye, and moves a mouse trackball (mounted on both sides of the weapon, making it ambidextrous) located on the rifle to zoom in to the target. The magazine is contained in the forward handgrip under the barrel, being removed by releasing a catch and sliding it forward.

The view through the Exographic Targeting System

In 2375, one of these rifles was modified on Deep Space Nine with a micro-transporter connected near the barrel exit. The rifle dematerialized the bullet after firing and rematerialized it just in front of the target, and could possibly have done it inside the victim.

So basically, if someone were to take all of this on, it would be both the rifle and the ETS (the monocle.) However, I'd certainly settle for just the rifle!

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
BryanWee20
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR I & II
I can get ya the gun and the headgear to go with it ;p

BryanWee20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Would changing the first person view to a yellow filter (like in the pictures above) be possible as well? It might be a nice extra touch but it certainly isn't a requirement.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
HarleyQuinn01
Rookie

Hmm...kinda looks like the sniper rifle from Mass Effect doesnt it?
HarleyQuinn01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn01 View Post
Hmm...kinda looks like the sniper rifle from Mass Effect doesn't it?
Does it? Could you post a picture?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
HarleyQuinn01
Rookie

here

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/...3045034315.jpg

P.S. Sorry I meant to say shotgun not Sniper Rifle
HarleyQuinn01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Rifle creation request [K2]

Tags
request, rifle, tr-116, trek